1. 1. Who is the best?

• Pink Hair Serra
    • Girly Girl-lookie Lucius
    • Old Man Renault

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Lucius. I am kinda lazy when it comes to levelling up Priests or healers. I find it easier to level up Lucius than Serra.

Though Serra is not that bad. She is a good Bishop with an awesome personality!

Renault 0_0 He sucks, enough said.

Edited by Luxord

Serra is actually likely the first or second magic user to promote, since she comes at such a high level due to Lyn Mode training, and her experience gains will only increase due to an experience boost. She's among the five best units in the game, if you ask me.

I don't see her higher than Level 6 when she comes back, and I don't see her promoting till something like Chapter 23 or 24 at least. If someone wants to go in-depth with it then go for it, since I really haven't played HHM in a while... in my current HNM file I'm at the chapter where you get 30K Gold and have a Level 18/0 Serra. >_>

I don't see her higher than Level 6 when she comes back, and I don't see her promoting till something like Chapter 23 or 24 at least. If someone wants to go in-depth with it then go for it, since I really haven't played HHM in a while... in my current HNM file I'm at the chapter where you get 30K Gold and have a Level 18/0 Serra. >_>

Nils is always going to refresh Serra in Lyn Mode, and she'll almost always have something to heal, so she'll easily be at least level 10 when she comes out of Lyn mode, and then has a lot of time to gain only a miserably 10 levels, or even less since promoting her at level 18 or perhaps even earlier is also beneficial to the team.

I, myself, don't spend all of Nils' turns refreshing Serra. I found it better to refresh someone like Kent or Sain to finish the chapter quicker instead of another heal.

Although on second thought, Serra's better than Lucius... I just think Lucius is an overall better offensive unit, whereas Serra's a healer. (Level 20/10 Serra has just as much magic as Level 20/0 Lucius, and their AS is about equal because Serra loses one from Lightning).

Edited by Lord Raven

It all depends on who I'm planning on using and how I'm playing through the chapters. If I feel like Arena Abusing in a playthrough and I decide to use Serra as my dedicated healer, then she's generally the first Bishop to promote for me. If I don't feel like Arena Abusing or I do feel like it but I'm using Priscilla as my dedicated healer, then Lucius is my first Bishop. I'll use either as their roles will still be the same come the Final Chapter; they'll both likely be acting as a healer. Sure, in the chapters leading up to Final, they'll be pounding on enemies like everyone else, but I tend to take Final more defensively, so the extra healer comes in handy and it slightly lowers the possibility of some unit getting ganged up on.

As such, it doesn't really matter to me which one I use. I don't really like Renault, because, while his character might be awesome, he doesn't have much utility for me in my play style.

True, both points are valid. However, each of them has a spot. For starters, Serra may be pretty much hard to train since she's completely stuck with mainly Staff which would provoke to come to her because she won't defend and attack back when she's a Cleric. Renault is quite impressive for last minute of the game. However, by the time he's available you already assembled you team. So there's really no need for him other than his Fortify, but that's it. So Lucius would be my vote.

@ Lord Glenn: Were actually not including Arena Abuse in this discussion though...

Edited by 安室 奈美恵