1. 1. Who is the best?

• Pink Hair Serra
    • Girly Girl-lookie Lucius
    • Old Man Renault

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaining 5/6 EXP per Mend/Heal and having a fortify that has limited range + not much magic to use it with anyway + like four levels to grow anyway. Right.

There are better candidates if you're so worried about that.

It all depends on who I'm planning on using and how I'm playing through the chapters. If I feel like Arena Abusing in a playthrough and I decide to use Serra as my dedicated healer, then she's generally the first Bishop to promote for me. If I don't feel like Arena Abusing or I do feel like it but I'm using Priscilla as my dedicated healer, then Lucius is my first Bishop. I'll use either as their roles will still be the same come the Final Chapter; they'll both likely be acting as a healer. Sure, in the chapters leading up to Final, they'll be pounding on enemies like everyone else, but I tend to take Final more defensively, so the extra healer comes in handy and it slightly lowers the possibility of some unit getting ganged up on.

As such, it doesn't really matter to me which one I use. I don't really like Renault, because, while his character might be awesome, he doesn't have much utility for me in my play style.

Pretty much because Lucius requires less effort to raise his light magic level, right? (I agree with you on this. Serra seems to me to being not likely to wield Aureola without spamming Shine tomes. And Athos does to lighten his load a little bit.)

Anyways, Lucius because his light magic level has less effort to get to "S", and he can be a useful healer, seeing as he gets a "C" rank in white magic. (I.E. Staves.)

Edited by Little Al

Serra is the best. For so many reasons. Also, S Rank in Light isn't TOO important. Aureola is cool and all, but Athos can wield it. Luce will just sit in my inventory helping Funds. :D

But Lucius is my favorite. I love him. :D

Serra is actually likely the first or second magic user to promote, since she comes at such a high level due to Lyn Mode training, and her experience gains will only increase due to an experience boost. She's among the five best units in the game, if you ask me.

If you want, there are plenty of exp for Lucius in Lyn mode too. But really, Serra is the best Bishop...

Renault. Eh is a pretty cool guy who always caps magic and doesn't afraid of anything.

Serra for epic win. She's always awesome and rarely gets hit. Unlike Lucius, she can't take a hit. My 20/20 lucius have yet to get def past 8. My 20/1 Serras usually have 10 def <_<

Too bad Renault's MAG isn't higher than his STR... Knocking out Bartre with one punch. Damn, he could fuck up Nergal with that.

Edited by Rei

If you want, there are plenty of exp for Lucius in Lyn mode too. But really, Serra is the best Bishop...

Plenty exp for Lucius means plenty exp for others as well. He always has to share it with others. Serra can gain experience every turn, while Lucius can attack at most once in two turns due to uber low enemy density in Lyn Mode.

@ Lord Glenn: Were actually not including Arena Abuse in this discussion though...

I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the topic prior to my post. Besides, the topic is asking the members to choose who they think the best Bishop is. That involves opinions, personal experience, and play styles, all of which could include Arena Abusing.

Pretty much because Lucius requires less effort to raise his light magic level, right? (I agree with you on this. Serra seems to me to being not likely to wield Aureola without spamming Shine tomes. And Athos does to lighten his load a little bit.)

Anyways, Lucius because his light magic level has less effort to get to "S", and he can be a useful healer, seeing as he gets a "C" rank in white magic. (I.E. Staves.)

Lucius or Serra will be pounding away with whatever they can. If I go my first route and promote Serra to Bishop after Pirate Ship, then I dump a Lightning tome on her right away for The Dread Isle (likely Lucius's or a spare), so she'll get a fair amount of experience in Light by the end of the game. Lucius does take less effort to hit S (and, if I'm using him, I'll possibly dump something powerful on him, since I never strive for a ranked run), but it just depends on who I'm using and who I'm not. Serra and Lucius both get hit with Aureola and Luce extremely hard in terms of AS, so I don't really consider that as part of my decision, despite Lucius's advantage in getting to an S rank faster. And, as such, it's probably one of the reasons that I stick them as a healer in Final to begin with. (I think I got across what you were asking about, but I'm not sure...?)

Not necessarily. I don't play ranked runs (though, I may adopt an aspect or two of them in playthrough), so I could care less about what my ranks are or who the best Bishop is statistically or in terms of utility. If I choose to take 200 turns to clear Port of Badon because I chose to Arena Abuse, then I'm going to do it and whoever my healer is will probably end up getting promoted after Pirate Ship. If it's Serra, then she'll be my main Bishop. If not, then Lucius will. It's as simple as that for me.

If this was a statistical debate for creating a tier list or something, then at least half of the responses so far should have been invalidated. As such, this apparently isn't, so my play style is just as valid of a reason as someone else's reasoning as to why they think the best is who it is.

Edited by Lord Glenn

When you ask for "Best", you're implying that you are asking for who is literally the best in the game, and tier lists are based off who are the "Best" in the game.

I really didn't care enough about the poll to vote seriously, so I did mine based off of support convos lol. I could really care less what people vote for though, as long as it's their choice.

Edited by Rei

If you don't care to vote seriously, then why are you even arguing the point? (Not that I voted to begin with...)

I mean, if you're basing your vote and opinion off of only Support Conversations, then why am I suddenly not entitled to my own opinions and how I use the characters? Because of that, I fail to see how your response then meets the criteria of picking the "Best" Bishop if you're not basing it on the same point that you're trying to hold me to. And, furthermore, why is it that, for instance, Meteor can say "My preference is Lucius for unranked runs" and not be held to the same "asking for who is literally the best in the game" point too?

In that case, Meteor has his own opinion, and so do I. I fail to see how using Arenas and not giving a crap about ranks and tiers invalidates my response to begin with if others have done so already.

As long as people know their opinion ("Lucius is the best he was awesome for me as a 20/20 bishop he killed nergal and the dragon and he had great defense and a support with renault") is to be taken with a grain of salt when talking "official" debating (ranks etc) then I don't care. Just don't invade the debate forum or tier list topics with it.

No wait Lord Glenn, you misunderstood. I'd warned that this topic is going to be a debate topic because it determines overall who is the best Bishop's from peoples perspective view and statistics. I'm saying your not suppose to use Arena Abuse and Personal Experience in a standard debate such as this they're consider invalid. I assumed you were debating that I thought you were using your Personal Experience to back up your argument. I'm not saying that your views are wrong or anything, it's okay to have your opinion and all. Sorry if I'm giving you a hard time which I didn't intentionally mean it in anyway...

Edited by 安室 奈美恵