AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's funny.
Whenever I hear characters that have the same voice actor/actress, my brain makes me think they're the same character initially. Sometimes, this gets really freaking weird.

One such example is the English voice actress of Sumia in Fire Emblem Awakening. She also voices an incredibly evil fairy named Anne in Bravely Second. My brain being what it is, when I first heard Anne speak, I was like... "Evil Sumia? Oh my god!"

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Whenever I hear characters that have the same voice actor/actress, my brain makes me think they're the same character initially. Sometimes, this gets really freaking weird.

I never even notice. But somebody found out Ash Ketchum and Manuela have the same VA and pasted Ash's head on Manuela's body and it was both funny and disturbing.

Try combining THOSE two characters in your brain.

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I never even notice. But somebody found out Ash Ketchum and Manuela have the same VA and pasted Ash's head on Manuela's body and it was both funny and disturbing.

Try combining THOSE two characters in your brain.

Already did. And I still don't know how to feel about this.

I had no idea Sumia shared her VA with Anne.

But recognizing so many VAs is was made Kill La Kill funny to me, since we have:

Ryuko = Deirdre/Bernadetta

Senketsu = Robin

Aikuro/Stripper Teacher = Chrom

Mako = Delthea (and Madoka from Madoka Magica)

Sanageyama = Sigurd/Clive

This dude = Lorenz/Caspar

Satsuki = L'arachel/Gunnthra.

And lord knows how many others.

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I'mm not even joking. The dude is a stripper teacher.

I don't care if you're joking or not, it's amazing.

Although if he's a stripper TEACHER... *shifty eyes at Byleth*

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I don't care if you're joking or not, it's amazing.

Although if he's a stripper TEACHER... *shifty eyes at Byleth*

Technically Aikuro is a member of a resistance group that's posing as a teacher to spy on Satsuki (or was it Ryuko? I can't remember, it's been a while since I've seen Kill La Kill), but he's usually shirtless (with glowing pink nipples) when he's not teaching.

Kill La Kill is weird.

2 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

but he's usually shirtless (with glowing pink nipples) when he's not teaching.

I see lol. Because naked with a glowing pink...manhood would be too much weirdness even for Kill La Kill?

I'd laugh.

10 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I see lol. Because naked with a glowing pink...manhood would be too much weirdness even for Kill La Kill?

I'd laugh.

It makes sense in context. Except for the glowing nipples.

The group he's a member of is dedicated to fighting against Life Fibers, parasitic aliens that are in everyone's clothes (and what Senketsu is made of. It's also why Ryuko's outfit is so revealing when she's wearing Senketsu. It's a bad idea to have parasitic aliens touching your vitals).

And yes, his junk glows too.

It makes sense in context. Except for the glowing nipples.

The group he's a member of is dedicated to fighting against Life Fibers, parasitic aliens that are in everyone's clothes (and what Senketsu is made of. It's also why Ryuko's outfit is so revealing when she's wearing Senketsu. It's a bad idea to have parasitic aliens touching your vitals).

And yes, his junk glows too.

I swear animes are like PG 13/R rated Pixar sometimes. As in, they come up with plot stuffs nobody would ever consider until then. Like Inside Out is the best example.

"What if feelings had feelings?"

"What if clothes were aliens?"

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I swear animes are like PG 13/R rated Pixar sometimes. As in, they come up with plot stuffs nobody would ever consider until then. Like Inside Out is the best example.

Trust me, that's not the limit of Kill La Kill's weirdness.

Still a great anime though. Great and creative animation, great music, phenominal dub... It's great.

40 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Nah that's just trigger or the light novel industry. Then again the light novel industry is currently obsessed with how many ways they can kill off an otaku and send him to another world with a medieval fantasy aesthetic and filled to the brim with cute anime girls that fill every dere fetish under the sun. The light novel industry is weird.  

13 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Nah that's just trigger or the light novel industry. Then again the light novel industry is currently obsessed with how many ways they can kill off an otaku and send him to another world with a medieval fantasy aesthetic and filled to the brim with cute anime girls that fill every dere fetish under the sun. The light novel industry is weird.  

Trigger makes good stuff, though.

Trigger makes good stuff, though.

that they do but the premises for their stories do sound a bit ridiculous to outsiders looking in.  

Wacky premises make for the most hilarious stories sometimes.
Just look at Neptunia: "What if game consoles were cute girls?"

---

More English FE voice actor trivia!
Edelgard is Vert (Hyperdimension Neptunia) and Wang Yuanji (Dynasty Warriors),
Marianne is Altina (Trails of Cold Steel 2), Haru (Persona 5), and Meruru (Atelier Meruru)
Lysithea is Torri (Conception II)
Jeralt is Igor (Persona 5)
Hubert is Akechi (Persona 5), Alto (Stella Glow), Zest (Shining Resonance Refrain)
Rhea is Makoto (Persona 5), Million Arthur (Hyperdimension Neptunia), Mae (Fire Emblem Echoes)
Sothis is Morgana (Persona 5), Edea Lee (Bravely Default), Totori (Atelier Totori), Sophie (Tales of Graces f)
Lorenz and Ignatz are Rokuro Rangetsu (Tales of Berseria), Shoutmon (Digimon Fusion), Saizo (Fire Emblem Fates), Jakob (Fire Emblem Fates), Hayato (Fire Emblem Fates)
Bernadetta is Eleanor (Tales of Berseria), Lianna (Fire Emblem Warriors), Eryn (Fairy Fencer f), Noire (Super Neptunia RPG)
Nemesis is Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors), Affimojas (Hyperdimension Neptunia), Nikolai (Bravely Second)
Hanneman is Igor (Persona 4), Zuo Ci (Dynasty Warriors)

And two Japanese examples:
Seteth is Jade (Tales of the Abyss), Lon'qu (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Sothis is Christophorus (Nights of Azure)

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Lorenz and Ignatz

Don't you mean Lorenz and Caspar? Ignatz is voiced my Christian La Monte.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Seteth is Jade (Tales of the Abyss), Lon'qu (Fire Emblem Awakening)

How could you forget Takehito Koyasu's most iconic role?

I still need to finish that show...

4 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Don't you mean Lorenz and Caspar? Ignatz is voiced my Christian La Monte.

Yeah, I meant Caspar. Don't know how I got those two confused...

4 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

How could you forget Takehito Koyasu's most iconic role?

I still need to finish that show...

I will admit, I've never watched Jojo's.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we share weird FE related dreams here?

I just dreamt I took 25 turns on a 3H map and demonic beast reinforcements came in and freaking Don't Speak Her Name from Awakening replaced the background music and I took my phone out to record it and then a cutscene started and then I woke up. The cutscene had modern Asian people in it for some reason.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Can we share weird FE related dreams here?

I just dreamt I took 25 turns on a 3H map and demonic beast reinforcements came in and freaking Don't Speak Her Name from Awakening replaced the background music and I took my phone out to record it and then a cutscene started and then I woke up. The cutscene had modern Asian people in it for some reaseon.

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was in some sort of chatroom with the cast of TH and there was some sort of news report about Vocaloid and they decided to play a Vocaloid song that really shouldn't be playing on TV (not because the lyrics are sexual, but because the lyrics are really graphic and when I first looked up the lyrics to that song they made me nauseous and it's one of only two Vocaloid songs that scare me) and I was complaining about it.

Anyway, somehow it devolved into us finding underground mole people from what was thought to be a long extinct species in a mall.