What would you think about an exchangement for orbs or summoning tickets?

Would you like to see an orb exchangement?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an orb exchangement?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not as mentioned in the op
    • Unsure

Would you like to see an exchangement of various items into summoning material?  

Here is an example of mine:

To get one orb you must exchange... 

• 25 duel swords
  • 25 staminas
  • 20 forging stones
  • 20 silver coins
  • 10 forging dews
  • 1000 feathers
  • 3 balms of life
Edited by Rosalina

I think there are more elegant solutions to such a thing. Like a permanently available neutral summoning pool with no focus units that uses a single summon via crafted red, blue, green, and colorless orbs, and can't be summoned on with regular orbs.

Craft a colored orb using shards, crystals, small badges, and large badges of that specific color.

Edited by Etheus

By the nature of how gacha works and orbs being the main currency in this game, IntSys wouldn't do such a thing. Some of these items are already piling up for some people, and they always need fresh orbs, so exchanging them would be a no brainer.

Instead we need banners with old focus units with a different currency - I'm sure the Gen 1 5* pool is not that interesting for the most of us, and summoning on them with a different item like Arena Medals would be more acceptable for more people - yet keep all the new and premium units behind the orb wall.

6 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

By the nature of how gacha works and orbs being the main currency in this game, IntSys wouldn't do such a thing. Some of these items are already piling up for some people, and they always need fresh orbs, so exchanging them would be a no brainer.

Instead we need banners with old focus units with a different currency - I'm sure the Gen 1 5* pool is not that interesting for the most of us, and summoning on them with a different item like Arena Medals would be more acceptable for more people - yet keep all the new and premium units behind the orb wall.

They likely are making bank off of a niche crowd with the revival banners. They're created a time limited situation to get these heroes, which have essentially been retired from "relevant" banners, and at higher summoning rates to boot. It's the same kind of limited time pressure that sells Special Heroes banners so effectively.

14 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Fate / Grand Order has something like that by called friend points, but the summoning pool only consists of 3* units at best. 

But for the Gen. 1 5* summoning pool it sounds like a fair solution. 

7 minutes ago, Etheus said:

They likely are making bank off of a niche crowd with the revival banners. They're created a time limited situation to get these heroes, which have essentially been retired from "relevant" banners, and at higher summoning rates to boot. It's the same kind of limited time pressure that sells Special Heroes banners so effectively.

I imagine a very small crowd for this. Like units seasonal banners only appear on banners where they are focus units, and nowhere else - anything that came before Gen 1 Halloween is not even worth going for, unless they are your waifus/husbandos and you need all copies of them in your barracks. Statwise and Skillwise they are not worth going for imo, just go for units that appeared Gen 2 and onward.

4 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Fate / Grand Order has something like that by called friend points, but the summoning pool only consists of 3* units at best. 

But for the Gen. 1 5* summoning pool it sounds like a fair solution. 

Considering what some Gen 1 units offer with their stats and skills, it'd be easy to drop their rarity to the 3-4* pool. That's what IS should have done instead of separating them from the normal summoning pool, where most of the time when you summon, you just get a Fatesawakening unit you don't even want.

This sounds like an awesome idea. I think they should do something like this. I mean, they straight up increased the amount of Dueling Swords you can have by a lot because we have a ridiculous amount.

10 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Considering what some Gen 1 units offer with their stats and skills, it'd be easy to drop their rarity to the 3-4* pool. That's what IS should have done instead of separating them from the normal summoning pool, where most of the time when you summon, you just get a Fatesawakening unit you don't even want.

That's the whole point of gachas. They make their money by making it as difficult as possible to get everything you want.

Currently I have a shade over 850 dueling crests, 700 stamina potions and 110 light's blessings that I accumulate far more than I use. That'd translate into a tasty 98 orbs at OP rates, and that's exactly why it'll never happen.

Edited by Parrhesia

I think if an exchange were put in it would be for tickets since they can only be used for the first opening. This may appeal to the company since there are people who if they open a session and see a bunch of a color they want may spend more than they would if they didn't have a free token to open the session in the first place. Basically the same reason we get the first summon free.

However, there is no doubt such a system would have MANY limits placed on it. The fact that they only give out 4 tickets during Forging Bonds is rather indicative I think that they don't see value in giving too many free hits. So it would probably be a limited shop type option where you could only exchange for X tickets per week/month.

Anyways obviously I would love more free summons, but also obviously the company doesn't want to cross the line and give out 'too many' free summons.