QOTW - What Was The Best Thing To Come Out Of The 10's?

Rey. She is pretty and strong and she shares my name. If I have daughter, I will use Rey's spelling.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my friends suggest eating Chinese food. I am fine with it if it is home cooked, but if we are eating out, I am not eating that shit made by strangers.

I also get really disappointed when most of my friends do not vote. You paid freaking taxes! You should care about how your money is spent!

Oh, and when I say I want my steak really rare at a restaurant, I do mean really rare. I will still be happy if they just serve it rare, but sometimes I get like freaking medium rare or even medium. Like, what the fuck is this? Where is my bloody juices? Where is my soft, tender meat? Why the hell would anyone ruin a good piece of meat and eat it cooked? Okay, maybe most people eat them more cooked than I do, but I like it almost raw.

I think that is it so far.

Edited by XRay

The end of 2020. I would be one year older and one year closer to going to heaven, or more preferably the nothingness or void, or ideally start my own multiverse.

Getting a Switch and the free M!Byleth for Heroes.

Watch Star Wars Episode IX.

I think Code Geass will release next year too.

Here's a few things from me:

The 2020 election- Bound to be one of the biggest and most entertaining clusters of an election year ever. If anything it will determine just how much people are willing to go with our current president. If he loses, then I can at least know that he will be a very lightning in a bottle moment for American history and be quite a high bar to reach for if someone tries to emulate him again. If he wins, well... time to see how much more people are willing to put up with.

Disney+ Content- Mostly for the new Star Wars content. I know season 7 of The Clone Wars is coming early next year and The Mandalorian has a second season in the works already. I think the Casian Andor and/or the Obi-Wan Kenobi spinoffs could happen in '20 but I guess that will have to be seen. I'm also looking forward to the Sword in the Stone remake that's coming and I hope the Home Alone reboot can be the Jurassic World of the franchise. Whatever actually comes out next year and whatever turns out to be good there is one thing for certain, at least I have quite the vault to go through for a while.

Villeneuve's Dune- I'm interested to see if we live in an ideal world where what's supposed to be the first movie of this adaptation can be the Fellowship of the Ring of science fiction films or at least a decibel or two better than the '03 miniseries. At least it's already looking better than the '84 movie.

Final Fantasy VII Remake- The HD remake of one of the greatest games ever made is finally happening! Only hope now is that the sequels are actually sequels of the same scale instead of expansions.

Try to publish my first story- I have actually finished a manuscript recently and I'm working on a full fledged part two to it, so I'd like to see how well I'm received when I head over to Amazon publishing. Just a reminder for everyone doubting my chances, this is the same website that greenlit Empress Theresea.

Doing video content- I want to try and do group readings of trollpastas and see how far it can go. I've seen it done over the years and not everyone seems to get everything.  Only thing I have to do is find a group willing to do a live reading and hopefully it's as fun as they seem.

Leap year- Extra day!

1 hour ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

The 2020 election- Bound to be one of the biggest and most entertaining clusters of an election year ever. If anything it will determine just how much people are willing to go with our current president. If he loses, then I can at least know that he will be a very lightning in a bottle moment for American history and be quite a high bar to reach for if someone tries to emulate him again. If he wins, well... time to see how much more people are willing to put up with.

I am not sure our world standing can take another plummet for another 4 years. He is fucking up so much shit on foreign policy that he is allowing Russia and China to increase their influence at our expense. He is fucking up trade with our allies and spreading his soft pussy towards China. And who knows how many times he blew Putin to get them to interfere in our election. While he is enjoying whoring himself out and being a spitroast between two enemy nations, our enemies are spinning that disgusting spit roast to cause the United States to fall from his shoulders down into the fire below.

2 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Doing video content- I want to try and do group readings of trollpastas and see how far it can go. I've seen it done over the years and not everyone seems to get everything.  Only thing I have to do is find a group willing to do a live reading and hopefully it's as fun as they seem.

I'm assuming trollpastas are stuff like My Immortal?

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure our world standing can take another plummet for another 4 years. He is fucking up so much shit on foreign policy that he is allowing Russia and China to increase their influence at our expense. He is fucking up trade with our allies and spreading his soft pussy towards China. And who knows how many times he blew Putin to get them to interfere in our election. While he is enjoying whoring himself out and being a spitroast between two enemy nations, our enemies are spinning that disgusting spit roast to cause the United States to fall from his shoulders down into the fire below.

Very possible.  Now is only a question of if people want to see more of this or if they think nothing is ever going to top this term.

7 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I'm assuming trollpastas are stuff like My Immortal?

Yup.  And I've got over a hundred pieces of fodder to choose from.

41 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Yup.  And I've got over a hundred pieces of fodder to choose from.

Sign me right tf up.

If you ever need anymore fodder, TV Tropes has an entire page for So Bad It's Good fanfiction.

14 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Sign me right tf up.

If you ever need anymore fodder, TV Tropes has an entire page for So Bad It's Good fanfiction.

I'm definitely going to try and live up to the standards that other readers have set.  And yeah, I have found a good number on that page as well.  Light and Dark: The Adventures of Dark Yagami is pretty high up on ones I would like to do.

I adopted my cute widdle pussy puss.

Lots of waifu and husbando options in Fire Emblem.

Awakening!Anna, Lucina, and Edelgard exist.

Fire Emblem did not die with Awakening.

Best of the 2010s:

- Not only has the third Star Wars trilogy been made, two spinoff movies came with it along with a strong first impression for a live action series on Disney+ in the form of The Mandalorian.  On top of that, EA finally made a Star Wars video game worthy of the name.

- TV shows, especially on streaming services, have never been better.

- I graduated college and I don't have to go to school anymore.

- Sony turned its ways around from the Playstation 3 days in the best possible way.

- The creation of new content by smaller creators has become easier than ever before.

- I'm still alive to tell everybody how if they thought the 2010s were a less than perfect decade, they don't remember the 2000s.

best events for me personally are that in 2010 my good dachshund (and my first ever pet dog) was born and my husband joined sf, therefore leading up to the events of him becoming my husband

and slightly less personally (but also still quite personally) man I really am glad BotW released. I also really like minecraft. I love games like open-world and sandboxes that allow me to roam and/or practice my creativity.

and honestly Three Houses has by far been my favorite FE game ever made, for a while I had been getting kind of bored of FE games and was falling out of the series and this game made a really huge turn for the better for me

BTS are a blessing

getting a picture of the black hole for the first time in history was pretty neato!

i got my masters degree bitches i'm an educated woman with a JOB in her FIELD 

suck it @ everyone who called me stupid through my life

• 2 weeks later...