• Rayner("advice army")
    • Kyle(VA's name)
    • Other
  2. 2. Ship him

• Byleth(either gender)
    • Catherine
    • Shamir
    • Other

THIS IS NOW A GATEKEEPER APPRECIATION THREAD as well as a name and ship thread! #NothingToReport

Names: I've seen Durward suggested here on SF and also went on Behind the Name for a couple more. @Purple Mage likes Kyle. 

I'm going for Madoc myself. I like the sound of it, and he was "fortunate" to survive the timeskip.

Ships: Click me or scroll down.

Edited by Dragoncat

Any names is fine. I like Elm though but I prefer Gatekeeper until he reveals his own name.

Gatekeeper for CYL4!

"Greetings Summoner! Nothing to report!"

Edited by Nym

And thread has been multipurposed! I'm sorry for the lack of male options in the ship poll, may I have you know that Alois is already married and Cyril is a good age gap...Seteth is Seteth, eh.

Reasoning for Catherine:

DragoncatToday at 3:48 AM
Random pairing idea
Gatekeeper x Catherine. Lol
He sure acts like he's into her
"If the knights are the cream of the crop, then Catherine's the cream of the cream! She's amazing!"

Purple MageToday at 3:48 AM
Nice

DragoncatToday at 3:49 AM
I just think it's so cute Gatekeeper is crushing lol
He probably thinks she's out of his league tho poor boy

Purple MageToday at 3:50 AM
Yeah

DragoncatToday at 3:50 AM
He survives the timeskip tho

Purple MageToday at 3:50 AM
Gatekeeper has Alm's voice btw

DragoncatToday at 3:50 AM
So maybe that's earning a bit lol
He sounds nothing like Alm. Neat

Purple MageToday at 3:52 AM
Yeet

DragoncatToday at 3:52 AM
Catherine can be gay for Shamir
Can't really see her wanting kids, but she'd be good with her own.

Purple MageToday at 3:53 AM
Yee

DragoncatToday at 3:53 AM
Would be a chance for Gatekeeper to strut his stuff tho if he knocks her up and has to do her job

Purple MageToday at 3:59 AM
lol

DragoncatToday at 4:00 AM
And Catherine would be pissed off half the time
"Staying at home all day every day grumble grumble I want to stab things"

Purple MageToday at 4:04 AM
lololol

DragoncatToday at 4:04 AM
Gatekeeper thinks he's a stud
He needs a name tho

And now you know what inspired the thread when it was just a name thread.

Of the names given, I'd call him Kyle.
If I could choose another name, it'd probably be Tim or Frank. Why? Because a badass with a generic name is funny.

Ship? Why, Byleth of course!

---

I think the "GatekeeperBestWaifu" meme is the first Fire Emblem meme I'm actively participating in.
What the heck?

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If I could choose another name, it'd probably be Tim or Frank. Why? Because a badass with a generic name is funny.

"Officer Bob! There's marijuana growing here!" - Some girls in health class in high school when we had to do skits on various risky situations. Don't ask.

Edited by Dragoncat

Just now, Dragoncat said:

And you missed the edit.

Oh, my bad.

2 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

"Officer Bob! There's marijuana growing here!" - Some girls in health class in high school when we had to do skits on various risky situations. Don't ask.

Reminds me of my theater classes. Fun times.

16 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Also me.

I have a character named Shoe ffs

I'm writing a fantasy novel (or at least, I'm trying to do so) and my main characters are named as follows: Finley, Luna, Fergus, Kenneth (nickname "Kenny", because his dad's name is also Kenneth. I'm very creative), and Margaret (nickname "Maggy", because she said so).
Fantasy!

But yeah, giving the Gatekeeper an ordinary name is fine, I think. I mean, Three Houses already has some fairly ordinarily named people: Petra, Dimitri, Claude, Ferdinand, Hubert, Lorenz, Hilda, Ignatz, Raphael, Leonie, etc. All of these are fairly ordinary names... all of which I can't use, because I'd constantly be accusing myself of ripping off Fire Emblem Three Houses - it's already bad enough that my main character's granddad is called "Geoffrey" (no, his grandma isn't named Elincia).

Edited by DragonFlames

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Petra, Dimitri, Claude, Ferdinand, Hubert, Lorenz, Hilda, Ignatz, Raphael, Leonie, etc. All of these are fairly ordinary names...

These are unique names imo. FE uses real names, but not common ones often. Imagine if the three lords were Tyler, Michael, and Brittany.

Plus there is already a Kyle in FE.

BUT my grandpa had a friend named Hubert and the only story I know of him is they thought dip for French dip sandwiches at a restaurant was soup and drank it.

Edited by Dragoncat

4 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

These are unique names imo. FE uses real names, but not common ones often. Imagine if the three lords were Tyler, Michael, and Brittany.

Might have to do with the country. Names that are pretty unique in one place are very ordinary in others (I actually know people called Dimitri, Leonie, Petra, Anna, and Lorenz irl).
Really the only outlier of the playable cast is Edelgard (a really old name nobody names their kids anymore) and perhaps Shamir (which might be of Arabian origin, idk).

Which is also why I mostly chose English names for the characters in my story. One, because I thought they sounded good and two, because those names are quite uncommon where I'm from. For me, Tyler is actually a pretty unique name.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Might have to do with the country. Names that are pretty unique in one place are very ordinary in others (I actually know people called Dimitri, Leonie, Petra, Anna, and Lorenz irl).
Really the only outlier of the playable cast is Edelgard (a really old name nobody names their kids anymore) and perhaps Shamir (which might be of Arabian origin, idk).

Which is also why I mostly chose English names for the characters in my story. One, because I thought they sounded good and two, because those names are quite uncommon where I'm from. For me, Tyler is actually a pretty unique name.

True. But holy crap you know a lot of FE character named people.