Emperor should have been able to use magic

Jotari

There's a reason why most people, including me, give her the Wyvern's classes.
There's also Great Knight tha-pffft, yeah don't even think about it. 😛

I do agree it's bullshit for Edelgard, and the other Lord to have a (budding) talent only for them not doing anything with it with their special classes.

Here's a recap,
-Enlighted One: Sword, Faith, Brawling, Authority.
-Armored Lord/Emperor: Axe, Armor, Authority.
-High Lord/Great Lord: Spear, Sword(?), Authority.
-Wyvern Master/Barbarossa: Bow, Flying, Authority.

The only ones people don't seem to have a problem with is Barbarossa and Enlighted One, but I think it's unfair that Enlighted One have four proficiencies, one of them being a budding talent. I would have either replace one of them with another proficiency, or, giving them another one.

Armored Lord/Emperor: Reason, with Black Magic spell list or Dark Magic or a mix.
High Lord/Great Lord: Riding. Seriously the dude just scream Paladin, and doesn't have a horse, the heck. I thought about replacing Sword with Faith, to make him more like a Holy Knight.
Wyvern Master/Barbarossa: Axe, or Sword. Or maybe even giving him the magic that the other two don't have, to have an even better trinity.

But it's just my opinion and could potentialy destroy the balance if done.😛

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, B.Leu said:

There's a reason why most people, including me, give her the Wyvern's classes.
There's also Great Knight tha-pffft, yeah don't even think about it. 😛

I do agree it's bullshit for Edelgard, and the other Lord to have a (budding) talent only for them not doing anything with it with their special classes.

Here's a recap,
-Enlighted One: Sword, Faith, Brawling, Authority.
-Armored Lord/Emperor: Axe, Armor, Authority.
-High Lord/Great Lord: Spear, Sword(?), Authority.
-Wyvern Master/Barbarossa: Bow, Flying, Authority.

The only ones people don't seem to have a problem with is Barbarossa and Enlighted One, but I think it's unfair that Enlighted One have four proficiencies, one of them being a budding talent. I would have either replace one of them with another proficiency, or, giving them another one.

Armored Lord/Emperor: Reason, with Black Magic spell list or Dark Magic or a mix.
High Lord/Great Lord: Riding. Seriously the dude just scream Paladin, and doesn't have a horse, the heck. I thought about replacing Sword with Faith, to make him more like a Holy Knight.
Wyvern Master/Barbarossa: Axe, or Sword. Or maybe even giving him the magic that the other two don't have, to have an even better trinity.

But it's just my opinion and could potentialy destroy the balance if done.😛

At least Dimitri and Claude can still use their budding talents in their exclusive class, unlike Edelgard. A lot of people have budding talents outside of their "expected" weapon lists, I think that's sort of the point. But the budding talent should still be useable in their main builds.

Edited by Jotari

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

At least Dimitri and Claude can still use their budding talents in their exclusive class, unlike Edelgard. A lot of people have budding talents outside of their "expected" weapon lists, I think that's sort of the point. But the budding talent should still be useable in their main builds.

Hm, you're right. Like I said, I wasn't really thinking this through and it was something like "putting everyone on a , step of equality", I pretty sure I butchered this phrase. 😛

Yeah, we could just let them, or Edelgard use magic in their special classes.
I was thinking giving El Meteor or Bolting, if only as an ennemy.for the screw you factor. But since she is also slow, that would make her more active of stuff.

Raah, I'm not goot at this balancing stuff.

Edited by B.Leu

56 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Hm, you're right. Like I said, I wasn't really thinking this through and it was something like "putting everyone on a , step of equality", I pretty sure I butchered this phrase. 😛

Yeah, we could just let them, or Edelgard use magic in their special classes.
I was thinking giving El Meteor or Bolting, if only as an ennemy.for the screw you factor. But since she is also slow, that would make her more active of stuff.

Raah, I'm not goot at this balancing stuff.

Long range magic on an armoured mage sounds like a a good idea. Counterweights the low movement making her able to contribute without actually getting close to enemies.

12 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

And kinda defeat the point of weaing an heavy armor in he first place lol. 

Well not necessarily as you can only use long range mage three times per battle.

It's easy to forget that Three Houses is really unique among Fire Emblem.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well not necessarily as you can only use long range mage three times per battle.

Unless you make Edelgard into a Gremory, for the joy of having 4 Bolting. That'd be something. 😛

I proposed Bolting because of the 15 crit, thus making the +10 reason Crit of Edelgard more useful.
We could go in a step further by giving her Bohr X. But that'd be really going too far. (but let me have fun. 😛)

I think they kind of screwed up with magic in this game, it's not horrible imo, but they could've done better.

4 hours ago, Flere210 said:

And kinda defeat the point of weaing an heavy armor in he first place lol. 

Well, the point of having a heavy armor is mostly being slow as a slug. 😛