Happy Birthday OoT!

Inactive Account

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time was released ten years ago this month! (No 23 to be exact.)

I never played the original version, but I did play it on the GameCube in the Collector's Edition. Amazing. Sure the graphics are way below par for these days, but it still felt really immersive, and they crammed as much detail into it as possible. The overall grandeur of the story and the world makes it a good game; the little things make it a great game. Decorations on the walls in buildings. Sneaky little cameos in Hyrule Castle. The fact that falling rocks actually do something. The fact that Epona actually runs like a real horse. The fact that you can play all the notes of the scale on the Ocarina if you're sneaky. All the little hidden things.

I loved this game. When I played it, a weary high-school sophomore, I felt like I was eleven again. Only this time round I was actually a happy eleven.

Anyone else want to share fond memories about the game?

Ohhh yes. This game is so great. I got attached to it from the very first moments in Kokiri Village. The game awakens such strong emotions in me...

Everything about the game is really, really awesome. The different landscapes, races, items, accessories, melodies and who can forget the homosexual carpenter? I know I didn't.

My memories of this game are really, really fond. It was summer when I played this, so I had lots of free time. The best moments I remember having are the Kokiri Village, your transition to adulthood (everything from learning the song, to playing it, to suddenly emerging as an adult), the ice dungeon, Shadow Temple, Bongo Bongo's battle, gaining the Master Sword and of course, the very last battle. Ahh, such good times...

Edited by Nightmare

The first thing I recall about OoT is the very first time I played it. I fought Gannondorf with no clue how to beat him and was told that all I had to do was to keep hitting him with his own blasts. Somehow I managed to last an hour and a half before I got tired of it >_>

The first thing I recall about OoT is the very first time I played it. I fought Gannondorf with no clue how to beat him and was told that all I had to do was to keep hitting him with his own blasts. Somehow I managed to last an hour and a half before I got tired of it >_>

that EXACT thing happened to me. I figured out later because nothing was happening to him after like an hour

I fought Ganondorf the first time I played too. I died within the first 30 seconds...I still can't beat his second form <_<

NOW FOR OOTS BIRTHDAY SONG

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR OCARINA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

I never tried that, either.

But yeah, galloping around with Epona is loads of fun. I once tried to jump the river, but she suddenly freaked out. XD

The only thing that remotely annoyed me was the poe hunting. But once I got it right, it wasn't much of a problem...

Never tried the horse thing... I think you're only able to ride Epona when he locks you in.

I liked most of the temples in the game... just didn't care for the water temple. Only thing I liked about that place is the Dark Link fight but it seems short and insignificant. Speaking of which:

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-082007.php

I wish that was an option, it'd really help with Speed runs >_>

I've got the Kokiri Village music stuck in my head and all the scenes from getting the first sword to slashing Ganon to hell came back to me. I loved it as a kid and I've beaten every temple but the Shadow Temple. Redeads were the scariest things ever when I was nine.

Years later, I picked up the GameCube remake while preordering Wind Waker and finally beat the game.

Edited by Will

I've been trying to be nostalgic since I saw this topic, but I can't. I thought OoT was awesome when it first came out, but I don't care much for it anymore. I've been a Zelda fan my whole life, but my interest has been on a rapid decline for a while.

lol!

Everybody hates the Water Temple!

XD

it was a very good game, indeed. and i was the only one who liked the game at all, so nobody messed with my save files! :P