How helpful is Fixed Mode?

If you don't like leaving your characters' Level Ups to complete chance, Fixed Mode is the thing for you. Just don't get too disheartened when individual Level Ups don't seem so hot- it all adds up in the end.

Otherwise, there's no major benefit of using this mode.

I managed to get Mia to cap strength shortly after promotion on fixed mode. I also tried to fix Ilyana's speed on fixed, but I didn't do a very good job. On the downside, you won't be able to BEXP abuse if that's your thing.

Edited by Musashi
Added More.

i am a big fan of BEXP aboose, so i don't really like fixed mode. and you won't be getting blessed units in fixed mode. on the other hand, you won't be getting stat screwed units.

random mode is funner and more exciting!

Fixed mode is fun if you want to boost a certain character's lacking stats. I gave Mia a wyvern band and watched her grow way more defense and strength than usual. Yes, you may not get a super lucky character who caps every stat, but you can make your part as a whole better. I usually play in fixed mode.

And yeah, you can't tell every level that your character is growing one stat more, but you'll see it eventually.

I've never played fixed mode. I think too many of my characters would be lacking in stats that they get RNG blessed in. For example, my Boyd usually turns out fast for me but in fixed mode, I'm afraid that he won't be as fast as he is in random mode. So I just stick to random cause it works fine for me.

Ok um...now here's another question, do you think an Emulator will allow me to play this? Even if the animations are turned on?

There are no good GC emulators as of yet. Dolphin is probably the best, but runs about 5 fps, and usually crashes after the first chapter.