College application essays

Inactive Account

I'm not sure if you mean essays for getting into college or essays written while in college. If it's the former, I found them very annoying to write. The college I ended up going to I had written the essay for the night before the deadline though, haha. If it's the latter I haven't found them too difficult. I only had trouble in one essay in which I was trying to describe something related to quantum electrodynamics (my writing professor has a PhD in physics).

Edited by Wist

Honestly, I'm not a fan of them. They seem like excess baggage to what you're already submitting to colleges, but I suppose they do have their reasons for making everyone write them. In the application essays that I had to write, I just typed what came into my mind until I was over the required amount of words (sometimes significantly so... >_>). Likely they didn't make much coherent sense, but considering the questions that they ask (and their lack of usefulness to me), that's what they got.

Easy to say... The apps themselves are all fine, just filling in forms. Then I get to the essays and have absolutely no idea what to write about.

Yeah. It is really hard. I used to do tons of these types of essays and I find them easy now.

What type of essay are you supposed to write about?

Edited by Luxord

Easy to say... The apps themselves are all fine, just filling in forms. Then I get to the essays and have absolutely no idea what to write about.

pretend you're selling yourself.

that's what i do.

pretend you're selling yourself.

that's what i do.

Can I buy you? If so, it is going to be hellishly fun... for me.

Edited by Shuuda

• 4 years later...