Planning a 4 Snipers, 4 Mages, 2 Tanks Run of Conquest

AnonymousSpeed

On 4/15/2020 at 6:53 PM, starburst said:

And one can complete Conquest (Hard and Lunatic) with no DLC, path bonuses or such, using four Snipers, four spell casters and two “tanks.”

I like to do weird runs using reclassing. At some point, I'll do a run with Witch Elise and Maid Effie. Naturally, this "sniper squad" idea caught my eye, and I want to do it. However, I don't know who exactly I should plan to use, so I've come here to ask you all for ideas. Unorthodox and weird but oddly effective (like I hear Sniper Effie is) is preferred, but failing that, unorthodox and weird are more important qualities.

I'm not saying I won't use DLC or path bonuses, because, well...I want a dumb run, and I think those might magnify the potential stupidity. I haven't bought any DLC, but Gifts from Anna are accepted, so...I can use a Witch's Mark.

Sniper Squad:

• Mozu
    • I was considering having Mozu run through Master of Arms for Life and Death, but I thought that might be a bit too heavy of a detour
  • Effie
    • Using a Friendship Seal, Effie can become an archer and then Sniper. This sounds very fun and good so I will do it, probably before she promotes, but if not I'll try to grab Luna.
  • Niles
    • Niles already has good starting bow rank and I'd like to take advantage of that. That said, I might not marry him to Mozu for Sniper, since I could get Shurikenbreaker from Bow Knight. I might capture some enemy units just for fun, though I never bothered with the child paralogues so I don't know what bosses would be good for this run.
  • ???

Magical Maniacs:

• Elise (Strategist / Witch)
  • Leo (Dark Knight / Strategist)
  • ???
  • ???

Bulky Bros

• ???
  • ???

As you might have noticed, this is an incomplete list.

With Effie as a bow user, there aren't as many clear choices for long term front-lining. I was thinking of Oni Savage Corn, since what I like to do when I play Conquest is to give the avatar a Hoshidan class and keep them in that the whole game. I also had this weird idea of a +Defense Swordmaster, since you won't get doubled, but I'm not sure how much effective bulk the build would have.

Assuming I get non-Corn tanks, Corn could become a Sniper and pass that class on to a spouse or whatever.

The last member of the Sniper Squad will probably be Mozu's husband, I'm not quite sure who to go with. I was thinking maybe using Arthur or another early joiner, so I can get to S support as quickly as possible. I'm not sure Arthur wouldn't just be a worse Effie though. Either way, I would like a Sniper for the forth slot, since Niles is probably not going to be a sniper and I would like a Sniper Squad that's mostly snipers. I suppose I could use Shura if Niles marries Mozu, but I don't know.

Since I like the idea of dumb runs, I'm seriously considering having Elise reclass to a witch instead of using the mark on...Nyx, or something. That said, only having one healer (Jakob/Felicia) might be a little lame. I might just reclass Leo and the servants to Strategists, I'm not sure it'd be better for Leo but staves > swords.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

What a brilliant, smart and undoubtedly interesting idea. 😎

My suggestions:

Two "tanks":
- Hero Silas (Mercenary by Chapter 11)
- +Magic Nohr Noble Cornflakes with Archer talent

Four Snipers:
- Archer » Sniper Azura (from Corrin)
- Archer » Sniper Mozu
- Archer » Sniper Niles (should marry Mozu around Chapter 12)
- Fighter » Archer » Sniper Effie (marry her to Arthur by Chapter 10, grab Venture, then Archer)

Three more magic nukes (Cornflakes is the fourth):
- Sorcerer Odin
- Maid Elise (or Strategist, but I have more fun with the Flame Shuriken and, if you are lucky, with a Votive Candle to behold The Walking Dead)
- Sorceress Ophelia (recruited as early as possible, say, around Chapter 12)

Tenth unit:
· Master Ninja Soleil (Charlotte), because she hits infinitely harder than Kaze and the Hunter Knife is pure gold, or
· Adventurer Anna, to have a second staff user and because you will have two unused Shining Bows by Chapter 14, or
· Bow Knight Nina with Aptitude and +4 Attack, just to watch her cap every relevant statistic by L20/12, or
· Paladin Sophie (Selena's) to have at least one lance wielder and make use of the Beast Killer, or
· Wolfssegner Velouria, just because she is as powerful as she is cute, or
· Berserker Soleil (Charlotte), because why not.

Spare Shura, his Killer Bow is worth millions for you in this campaign!
On paper, the "worst" unit of this party should be Sniper Niles, because he might not reach the Strength thresholds. On the other hand, he will be the only Sniper with good Resistance. You could marry Arthur to Mozu and get a better Sniper, but Venture Sniper Effie is so much fun (Mozu does not need Venture, she will already land more critical hits than anyone else.)

The idea is to show how heavily Player-Phase based Conquest is. So, as long as seven or eight out of ten units are Player-Phase based, the concept holds.

If you deviate a little bit from the premise, you can have an overall more powerful party by using some Bow Knights or Adventurers instead of particular Snipers. Say, Bow Knight Nina, daughter of Effie or Mozu, will always be way more powerful than Sniper Niles. And if Cornflakes were not forced to pass the Archer talent, I would make her Ophelia's mama, because Dragon Fang and more accuracy are better than the extra Magic points that she gets from Elise.

Edited by starburst
Format.

On 4/17/2020 at 12:36 AM, FoxyGrandpa said:

Been a while since I've played this game, but I've heard Odin w/ a partner (I think it was Elise or Effie) + Tonics can be useful on Chapters 9 & 10 on Lunatic to Nostank the Archers & Oni Savages on those maps.

I'll look into it, but I don't want to have to do the math on the tonics. Do you remember what thresholds he had to be brought to?

I'll probably do this on Hard, but I might make it my first Lunatic playthrough, who knows?

On 4/17/2020 at 11:45 AM, Pengaius said:

Knight Nyx, the most sub-optimal stupidest decision possible. 

It's awful. Can General Nyx even take two hits?

She has, like...1 character base defense and I think a 25% defense growth as a knight. So she'd have...what? 26 HP and 13+2 defense, maybe just a smidgen higher?

Still though. Maybe I'll do some crazy run where I make Corrin into Arden (boon: strong and tough, bane: slow) and that might fit thematically. I don't think a general would be a terrible idea to have- armorslayers could hamper them a bit but someone with bulk and the beastkiller would be great.

12 hours ago, starburst said:

What a brilliant, smart and undoubtedly interesting idea. 😎

It was like a spark of genius from a muse.

Two "tanks":
- Hero Silas (Mercenary by Chapter 11)
- +Magic Nohr Noble Cornflakes with Archer talent

I never thought of Nohr Noble as tanky. How many hits would you say our "frontliners" should be able to take? It's not many as I recall.

Part of me would rather have a General or a Wyvern Lord as a second tank, but that's quite a bit of effective damage to worry about.

Four Snipers:
- Archer » Sniper Azura (from Corrin)
- Archer » Sniper Mozu
- Archer » Sniper Niles (should marry Mozu around Chapter 12)
- Fighter » Archer » Sniper Effie (marry her to Arthur by Chapter 10, grab Venture, then Archer)

Archerzura? I'd miss having my dancer, but it might be a fun change of pace.

Azura, Effie, Mozu...you know, we're one away from having an all girls Sniper Squad, so I think the last spot might should go to Mozu's daughter (or Kana, given the above suggestions).

If not Azura, maybe Sniper!Charlotte as Kana's mother? Charlotte would take a lot more waiting, though.

As much as it disgusts me, Camilla might be a good sniper since she has early access to Savage Blow, so if there's anything a little too tough for any individual unit, I can soften them up a bit with that.

Spare Shura, his Killer Bow is worth millions for you in this campaign!

I always spare Shura. He's pretty cool.

On paper, the "worst" unit of this party should be Sniper Niles, because he might not reach the Strength thresholds. On the other hand, he will be the only Sniper with good Resistance. You could marry Arthur to Mozu and get a better Sniper, but Venture Sniper Effie is so much fun (Mozu does not need Venture, she will already land more critical hits than anyone else.)

Effie could also snag fighter from Benny or Keaton as husbands, but they join like seven chapters after Arthur.

Unit ten could be a Berserker (if it's not a dancer), I quite like that class. A master ninja would definitely be cool too.

Looking over suggestions (especially Maid!Elise), this might be an interesting place for a No Mounts run, since so many units are sorcerers and snipers anyway.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Now, what if you do something truly bizarre?

1. Make Corrin female, and choose Outlaw as her secondary class.
2. Marry one of Niles/Shura.

If I'm reading this right, this should net you the Archer class for them.  That makes the Outlaw you marry, Mozu, and Mozu's husband/bestie (I think Effie's perfect for it).

14 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'll look into it, but I don't want to have to do the math on the tonics. Do you remember what thresholds he had to be brought to?

I do not know the specifics here, but let me tell you that with 10-units parties you do need to buy tonics, many of them, before most chapters and for various units.
And you should always cook, no matter what you get; a +1 of anything is always better than nothing.

I stop forging at +2, and even that happens relatively late in the game. Where does the money go? Staves and tonics.
Say, Elise must use Mend staves by Chapter 8 already, and burn them as fast as she can. She needs as much Experience as possible, for she reaches 20 Magic by L15-16, and does not want to wait more levels to promote.
And you can enjoy the benefits of tonics as soon as Chapter 10, Odin or Corrin can tank the eastern Onis indefinitely, as long as they drink some tonics. And Mozu or Niles can take all eastern Archers, as long as they drink some tonics. Silas or Effie could also face the eastern Archers, as long as they drink Skill and Speed tonics. And so on.

Oh!, and play this on Hard. Lunatic plays almost the same but it is much more restrictive about your choices. And you want to do some planned experimentation here.

I never thought of Nohr Noble as tanky. How many hits would you say our "frontliners" should be able to take? It's not many as I recall.

Nohr Noble is not a sturdy class, but the Dragon Stones make it a “tank.” Dragon Cornflakes is your sturdiest unit early game, and once again late game (with the Plus Stone.) Moreover, she is your best 1-on-1 “tank“ because she will always deal more damage (she targets Resistance and has +Magic here.)

And it is perfectly understandable having a General or a Wyvern Lord instead of Corrin, Silas or both. Note that even though I placed the “tanks” at the top, I actually defined the Sniper pool first. My vote goes to Wyvern Lord Selena.

One only needs to hold a position for one turn to organise the party and then wipe the area.
Yes, there is Enemy Phase action, like the Archers room on Chapter 11, or the bridges in Chapter 13; but you do not need “tanks” for that, any magician can take the Archers room and the eastern bridge of Ch 13, while Kaze or Niles or Nina or Elise can take the western one.
You need to hold a position for two or three turns on Chapter 17, but any relatively bulky promoted unit with a 1-2 weapon, tonics and auras does the job. Hell, I usually use Hero Silas with the 1-2 sword here (which has Weapon Triangle disadvantage against every enemy, and Speed penalties), and I have used two Berserkers with Hand Axes, or Paladin Sophie and Sniper Mozu. The defensive thresholds are not that high.
A +Magic Noble Corrin can be the main tank in the southern section of Chapter 26. I do it every time. Hero Silas does it better, because Berserkers have 0 % Hit chance against him, and he dispatches Generals with an Armour Slayer or Hammer. But I have also used here Wyvern Lord Selena, Master of Arms Sophie, different Paladins or Great Knights, Haitaka, Wolfssegner Velouria… What follows (Hans and his Imperial Guard, and the southern reinforcements) is dealt with entirely on Player Phase. All these enemies make exactly zero attacks.

Azura, Effie, Mozu...you know, we're one away from having an all girls Sniper Squad, so I think the last spot might should go to Mozu's daughter (or Kana, given the above suggestions).

Unfortunately, Mozu passes Villager to her children. Otherwise Nina would have been a first-round pick.

Sniper Charlotte sounds fair. Give it a try, mate. I remember using Ninja » Master Ninja Charlotte a while ago. Her growths actually make her better at 2-range.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

Now, what if you do something truly bizarre?

1. Make Corrin female, and choose Outlaw as her secondary class.
2. Marry one of Niles/Shura.

Yes, I forgot this class-conversion! Corrin passes the alternative Hoshidian/ Nohrian class to her partner if the partner’s primary class and Corrin’s talent are the same. It gives you more possibilities.

I learned it by mistake, while trying to “return” Odin from Sword Master to Sorcerer using a Partner Seal through Dark-Mage-talent Corrin. There were no Heart Seals left on the store, and I had planned to use a spare Partner Seal for this, but Odin would only turn into a Japanese magician then.

Edited by starburst

7 hours ago, starburst said:

I do not know the specifics here, but let me tell you that with 10-units parties you do need to buy tonics, many of them, before most chapters and for various units.
And you should always cook, no matter what you get; a +1 of anything is always better than nothing.

Tonic Trouble and a Kitchen Nightmares. Not like they ration milk anyway.

Oh!, and play this on Hard. Lunatic plays almost the same but it is much more restrictive about your choices. And you want to do some planned experimentation here.

Hard it shall be.

15 hours ago, eclipse said:

2. Marry Shura.

As if there was a choice.

I still think I want to try the all-female Sniper Squad if its possible (because we are running extremely scientific experiments here), but I might use Shura anyway just because I like him that much. Maybe I'll run him as a berserker, he's got like 20+ strength/skill/speed at base there.

I did not know about that quirk of inheritance though, very interesting.

Unfortunately, Mozu passes Villager to her children. Otherwise Nina would have been a first-round pick.

Ah, shame. Kana would still inherit Archer from Cornflake Shake n' Bake though, right?

Sniper Charlotte sounds fair. Give it a try, mate. I remember using Ninja » Master Ninja Charlotte a while ago. Her growths actually make her better at 2-range.

I think it sounds very interesting, and she would have that Fighter skill that boosts crit for free. I still don't know if I should run Camilla, though. Camilla is already really good which kind of undermines the idea a little (I feel at least), but Savage Blow and earlier join time are worthy considerations. I think I like Charlotte a little more right now.

Hero is a solid idea for a "bulky^TM" class, a pretty interesting one which I think would be fun to try. I had this crazy idea of it actually being someone with a Fighter base class. They could go Hero, but before that they could sink a few levels into Berserker for Rally Strength. I don't know if Rally Strength will ever be needed, though, since Snipers are already very offensive in their stat spread. Effie should kill quite a bit in one shot and the rest of them should double and two-shot, correct?

As I've said, I like Berserker. I could throw one of them as my secondary tank / tenth unit filler, regardless of how useful Rally Strength is.

Wyvern Lord + Arms Scroll = Beastkiller use, which would be pretty neat.

11 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I still think I want to try the all-female Sniper Squad if its possible (because we are running extremely scientific experiments here), but I might use Shura anyway just because I like him that much.

I have been thinking about it, and I do not think that it is possible to have four female Snipers. You could let Azura ride a Kinshi and then let Corrin marry, say, Charlotte and make her a Sniper instead. But there will still be only three female Snipers.
Mozilla's daughters and Kaze's child can become Merchants. It is not as Player-Phase-oriented class as Sniper, but I am giving you options.

11 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Ah, shame. Kana would still inherit Archer from Cornflake Shake n' Bake though, right?

Nope. Cornflakes passes Nohrian Prince(ss) to her children.

12 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I think [Master Ninja Charlotte] sounds very interesting, and she would have that Fighter skill that boosts crit for free. I still don't know if I should run Camilla, though. Camilla is already really good which kind of undermines the idea a little (I feel at least), but Savage Blow and earlier join time are worthy considerations. I think I like Charlotte a little more right now.

Venture is not "for free", though; specially not for Lotte. She has shaky Skill and Venture reduces Hit by 10 %. It should not matter after she gets +40 % Hit, but do not even think about activating Venture any time soon. The worst sin of a Player Phase unit is missing an attack. If it cannot hit consistently, replace it (and let it die.)
I did not mention Camilla because I almost always ban pre-promoted units. Xander is my favourite NPC. 😊

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Hero is a solid idea for a "bulky^TM" class, a pretty interesting one which I think would be fun to try. I had this crazy idea of it actually being someone with a Fighter base class. They could go Hero, but before that they could sink a few levels into Berserker for Rally Strength. I don't know if Rally Strength will ever be needed, though, since Snipers are already very offensive in their stat spread.

You can use a Fighter » Hero if you want, but it will have less Defence and less Skill. It will also miss the +3 Attack on Enemy Phase. And this may be a personal preference, but as seldom as I use swords, I do want my one physical "tank" to hit reliably; and a Mercenary » Hero with a sword will always be more accurate than a Fighter » Hero.
Velouria can pull it through and be a great Fighter » Hero, but she joins very late.

The thing about Rally Strenght is that when you only have ten units, letting your most powerful physical unit spend his turn casting it suddenly does not seem natural. Why would it cast it instead of tear things apart? It always involves a decision.

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Effie should kill quite a bit in one shot and the rest of them should double and two-shot, correct?

That is the mega strategy.

8 minutes ago, starburst said:

Nope. Cornflakes passes Nohrian Prince(ss) to her children.

But Kana has Nohr Prince as the default class. If I'm reading this right:

"If the child's class does not match their father's default class, they inherit his default class; otherwise they inherit the father's alternate class."

Then, since Kana's default class matches Corrin's, male Corrin should pass archer to Kana.

I've never recruited the child characters, though, so I only have the wiki.org to go off.

Venture is not "for free", though; specially not for Lotte. She has shaky Skill and Venture reduces Hit by 10 %. It should not matter after she gets +40 % Hit, but do not even think about activating Venture any time soon. The worst sin of a Player Phase unit is missing an attack. If it cannot hit consistently, replace it (and let it die.)

True, but even I remove it right away, I won't have to detour for it and can put it back on as soon as she learns Certain Blow.

38 minutes ago, starburst said:

I did not mention Camilla because I almost always ban pre-promoted units

Camilla steals EXP.

You can use a Fighter » Hero if you want, but it will have less Defence and less Skill. It will also miss the +3 Attack on Enemy Phase. And this may be a personal preference, but as seldom as I use swords, I do want my one physical "tank" to hit reliably; and a Mercenary » Hero with a sword will always be more accurate than a Fighter » Hero.
Velouria can pull it through and be a great Fighter » Hero, but she joins very late.

Benny and Beruka should have some pretty defense even as Fighters, though I do recall Beruka having some uncomfortably low HP and Benny of course has his speed issues. Wary Fighter could help Benny (especially if he's using hand axes) but sounds like it would just take forever to wait until he recruited him and then get the levels.

Silas probably does have a better personal skill for the defensive role.

15 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

But Kana has Nohr Prince as the default class.

Ha! I never use Kanna, and thus only see the Nohrian Princess option on Corrin's daughters. You are probably right an Kanna does get Sniper.

15 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Silas probably does have a better personal skill for the defensive role.

He does, but when I mentioned the "+3 Attack on Enemy Phase" I meant the Mercenary skill (cannot remember its name.) Silas goes even further because he stacks Elbow Room + that Mercenary skill + his Personal skill. 😙🎶

Edited by starburst

13 minutes ago, starburst said:

He does, but when I mentioned the "+3 Attack on Enemy Phase" I meant the Mercenary skill (cannot remember its name.) Silas goes even further because he stacks Elbow Room + that Mercenary skill + his Personal skill. 😙🎶

Oh yeah, it does boost Strong Riposte (which is actually a lot more +attack than I remembered geeze, and he has Shelter), but I was thinking of the -3 damage taken part of it.

14 minutes ago, starburst said:

Ha! I never use Kanna, and thus only see the Nohrian Princess option on Corrin's daughters. You are probably right an Kanna does get Sniper.

As an extremely scientific scientist, it is my job to determine the truth through research.

Kanikama does get Sniper! There is your fourth female Sniper.

I remember re-classing Kana into an Oni Chieftain once, just to check how ridiculous he would see. And since Odin was the father, he could only have inherited it from Cornflakes.

You may already know them, but I find these two sites very useful to analyse different builds. The first one in particular is super strict about the classes, and it does list Archer in Kana’s class tree when Corrin chooses it as her talent.

1. https://soapy4159.github.io/ferevpairings/

2. http://zekareisoujin.github.io/FEFatesStatCalc/

I would still make Azura her mama, just to have two smurfs blowing things up. (Kana’s Strength is never great, but at least she will crit like crazy and double everything.)

Edited by starburst
Last edition got lost in time travelling.

31 minutes ago, starburst said:

Kanikama does get Sniper! There is your fourth female Sniper, mate.

The Sniper Squad is thus formed! Mozu, Effie, Kana, and Kana Mama.

You may already know them, but I find these two sites very useful to analyse different builds. The first one in particular is super strict about the classes, and it does list Archer in Kana’s class tree when Corrin chooses it as her talent.

I knew the first, but the second is new to me.

I would still make Azura her mama, just you have two smurfs blowing things up.

Maybe, again, just for novelty. According to the calculator you sent me, Azura would actually have one of the best offensive stat spreads (str/skl/spd) of the discussed options. She outdoes Charlotte in speed and skill and would outdo Mozu overall. The only one to consistently exceed her would be Savage Blow Camilla.

Crazy theory: If this Kanikama goes Archer » Kinshi, she also gets Sky Knight’s skills, because that is Azura’s inheritance class tree and the system fulfils the skills.
If this is true, go Kinshi for two level-ups to grab +5 Speed and that early healing skill, then go full Sniper.

6 hours ago, starburst said:

Crazy theory: If this Kanikama goes Archer » Kinshi, she also gets Sky Knight’s skills, because that is Azura’s inheritance class tree and the system fulfils the skills.
If this is true, go Kinshi for two level-ups to grab +5 Speed and that early healing skill, then go full Sniper.

Ooh, Darting Blow would definitely be fun.

I'm currently a little torn between Azura for Darting Blow and Camilla for whatever shenanigans can be done with Lunge and Savage Blow. It might be terribly many, but it might be fun.

On 4/19/2020 at 11:30 AM, starburst said:

I learned it by mistake, while trying to “return” Odin from Sword Master to Sorcerer using a Partner Seal through Dark-Mage-talent Corrin. There were no Heart Seals left on the store, and I had planned to use a spare Partner Seal for this, but Odin would only turn into a Japanese magician then.

So, I'm a bit curious about this in general. Partner / Friendship Seals give access to the base class (with certain exceptions), right? But apparently they somewhat follow inheritance rules, so you can get already-had classes turned into Hoshidan classes. Are there ways to snag Oni Savage or Spear Fighter this way? It might be something I do this run, but as far as the future is concerned, I must know.

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Ooh, Darting Blow would definitely be fun.

Yeah, it is one of the best early skills. I still prefer Mage’s -20 % Avoid or Archer‘s +4 Attack, but +5 Speed is always welcome.

And Camilla is just a seductive NPC. 😈

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Partner / Friendship Seals give access to the base class (with certain exceptions), right? But apparently they somewhat follow inheritance rules, so you can get already-had classes turned into Hoshidan classes. Are there ways to snag Oni Savage or Spear Fighter this way?

I think that the alternative kingdom class only affects Cornflakes, most likely because she cannot pass Nohr Princess to her man, and her talent could easily be the same as his.
Pairs that share a primary class pass their secondary: Silas gets Mage from Peri, Nyx gets Samurai from Odin, Effie gets Fighter from Benny, et cetera. And I do not think that there are two units in Conquest with the same primary and same secondary.
Keaton is one special case because his primary class is unique, his secondary is Fighter, but he passes Outlaw to other Fighters. There surely are weirder cases, but I have not experimented too much.

As I mentioned before, this site is strict about class sharing and will surely help you discover other singularities.
https://soapy4159.github.io/ferevpairings/

Edited by starburst

1 hour ago, starburst said:

You don't have to like her, but can you put that aside for an actual unit evaluation?

IMO the thing that will hold her back the most, by far, is the lack of bow rank.  Kana would be amusing, but it would be at the cost of a unit who IMO can do some tanking instead.

Oh!, but I like Camilla. Well, I am indifferent to her as a character, and think that she is a Top 3 unit. The joke was that pre-promoted royals are NPC. I said the same about Xander, with the intention of making the run a bit more challenging.

It seems that I cannot quote while editing on my mobile, but I said this on 4/19/2020:
”I did not mention Camilla because I almost always ban pre-promoted units. Xander is my favourite NPC. 😊

And I think that Sniper Kana is a given if he wants four female Snipers, the question is who her Sniper mama will be. But I might be missing other possibilities.

Edited by starburst
Adding a quote.

8 hours ago, starburst said:

And I think that Sniper Kana is a given if he wants four female Snipers, the question is who her Sniper mama will be. But I might be missing other possibilities.

Snipers want strength, skill, and speed, not necessarily in that order.  So, let's take a look at all the possibilities, in terms of modifiers!  Will leave out Mozu/Effie, since they get Sniper on their own.  Yes, it's max stats, but IMO your units are going to have a lot of EXP shoved down their throats, so it's not unlikely that they'll hit their caps.

Felicia: -2 strength is an automatic "no".
Azura: +1 skill and +3 speed is tempting.
Elise: Somehow manages to be worse than Felicia with -2 strength and -1 skill.
Nyx: Surprisingly, no negative strength modifier.  -2 skill is offset by +2 speed.  This Kana would have an argument for magical bows (+3 magic).
Camilla: A modest +1 to all the stats that matter.
Selena: -1 strength and skill for +2 speed.  I'd rather have Nyx with those kinds of modifiers.
Beruka: -1 strength and -2 speed for +2 skill, which is arguably the worse trade-off.
Peri: +1 strength and speed for -1 skill isn't bad IMO.  But she's somewhat outclassed.
Charlotte: Hoo boy, +3 strength and +2 speed.  Absolutely gorgeous on a sniper.
Flora: The oddball with +1 strength and +2 skill.

Best caps are Charlotte, followed by Azura, followed by Camilla/Flora.

For growths, here's how the mom's rates pan out:

Strength: Charlotte > Camilla = Azura >> Flora
Skill: Azura > Camilla > Flora >> Charlote
Speed: Azura > Camilla > Charlotte >> Flora

Azura's best for overall growths, with Camilla not far behind.  Charlotte's kid will be strength-heavy, but will need every last Skill Book (not like you'd give them to anyone else anyway), and should be okayish on speed.  Flora's kid is DOA.

Bases are trickier, and are dependent on the RNG.  In general, I'd go with Charlotte for strength, and Camilla/Azura for everything else.

Last factor is bases, but that's trickier, since it's up to the RNG.

EDIT: Though if it's four female snipers, female Corrin, Mozu, Effie, and Sophie should do it~!  Of the male side, Silas has the best combo of caps and growths (Kaze is another possibility, but Corrin's boon will be locked to strength).

Edited by eclipse

46 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Snipers want strength, skill, and speed, not necessarily in that order.  So, let's take a look at all the possibilities, in terms of modifiers!  Will leave out Mozu/Effie, since they get Sniper on their own.

I think that we agree on everything, but are looking at the same picture from different angles.

I suggested Azura as a Sniper but did not make a comprehensive analysis of her or her progeny as one. I know from experience that she works, and it is a nice way to spice her up. And when he mentioned Lotte, I told him to go for it. I had no strong opinions about it, the game will play the same with one or the other, and then I was focused on the 4-female-Snipers puzzle.

55 minutes ago, eclipse said:

EDIT: Though if it's four female snipers, female Corrin, Mozu, Effie, and Sophie should do it~!

Do you mean Mozu » Sophie or Corrin » Sophie? The former inherits Villager, that I am certain, and, as far as I know, the latter gets Nohr Princess.
This is why I said that female Kanikama was a given if we wanted four Snipers (the third being her mama.)
Again, I might be missing some possibilities.

9 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Are there still some spots left on your team?

I think the four snipers are pretty set at this point, but there's decisions to be made elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

As for a tanky boi, why not try Gazak?

I've only ever heard good things about Gazak, but since Cordon has to be male this run, it'd be a while before I could get him. I did consider capturing Haitaka for this run, though, since someone needs to use Beastkiller.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Yes, it's max stats, but IMO your units are going to have a lot of EXP shoved down their throats, so it's not unlikely that they'll hit their caps.

Some of them would, according to the level-up calculator which starburst posted. It would still take a while though, and I think it's too little too late compared to other considerations.

22 hours ago, starburst said:

I think I will go with Azura, actually. Lunge Snipers sound fun, but I usually use my dancer for the intended purpose and that can only be repeated so many times.
EDIT: Forgot about Rose's Thorn, is really is quite a toss up.

For some reason, I thought of marrying Odin and Elise and using Odin as a Wyvern Lord.

Also, I'm wondering about the benefits of having Arthur reduce the critical evade of enemies. I don't think enemies have that much critical evade, though, and Arthur is a little underwhelming when he's not a backpack. We did talk about marrying Effie and Arthur, though.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

4 hours ago, starburst said:

Do you mean Mozu » Sophie or Corrin » Sophie? The former inherits Villager, that I am certain, and, as far as I know, the latter gets Nohr Princess.

This is why I said that female Kanikama was a given if we wanted four Snipers (the third being her mama.)
Again, I might be missing some possibilities.

Corrin marries Silas.  Gives better modifiers, anyway.

12 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Also, I'm wondering about the benefits of having Arthur reduce the critical evade of enemies. I don't think enemies have that much critical evade, though, and Arthur is a little underwhelming when he's not a backpack. We did talk about marrying Effie and Arthur, though.

They indeed don't, especially later on when they blow up what little crit evade they have with silvers. There's a reason I consider Arthur's personal worse than useless (disregarding it actively being detrimental to him), and that's it.