Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yes, your school days fetish i know about 😛

It's not my fault if it has the best ending in anime, now is it.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

less dickish more pathetic is the problem

They can be a dick and fun to watch.

Ah, I understand.

...I mean, I myself found that to be the compelling part. How someone who's very much not a hero is forced by his horrible monster of a father (best character in the anime) to try and play the hero. And then he fucks up at just about every turn, until the creator becomes depressed and the world pays the price.

• Replies 180.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimp of the North

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

less dickish more pathetic is the problem

Not one for overly-pathetic characters?

Dash ever playing Devil Survivor 2 off your list then. ...Or would "(silent) MC's best friend being pathetic" be tolerable to you?

Although, define "pathetic". Cowardly and wimpy pathetic? Or, "Makalov/morally pathetic"?

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Confesison: I never watched NGE

Not sure I ever will.

...Will enjoy it (looking forward to it even) if it shows up in another SRW/I end up buying V. B/c I'm like that.😆 And I refuse to listen to this "Mean Winged One's Graduate Project" until that day comes.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not sure I ever will.

...Will enjoy it (looking forward to it even) if it shows up in another SRW/I end up buying V. B/c I'm like that.😆 And I refuse to listen to this "Mean Winged One's Graduate Project" until that day comes.

For its worth, V has the Rebuild movies (the ones that were out at the time, at least), not the TV series. And both are different enough, from what I remember.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's not my fault if it has the best ending in anime, now is it.

you are the type who will like Attack on titan's ending

f2d.jpg

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I mean, I myself found that to be the compelling part. How someone who's very much not a hero is forced by his horrible monster of a father (best character in the anime) to try and play the hero. And then he fucks up at just about every turn, until the creator becomes depressed and the world pays the price.

Yeah i understand the appeal

But i need to like the character to give a damn, ya know?

I can still enjoy character who fail alot - if i grow to like them or care about them.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not one for overly-pathetic characters?

If MCs or have too much focus

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although, define "pathetic". Cowardly and wimpy pathetic? Or, "Makalov/morally pathetic"?

Makalov + wimpy pathetic being MC

Someone wimpy existing won't ruin my enjoyment

Someone wimpy being MC however...Very hard sell for me

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you are the type who will like Attack on titan's ending

Probably. The way you guys talk about it, I'd probably get a big chuckle out of it.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah i understand the appeal

But i need to like the character to give a damn, ya know?

I can still enjoy character who fail alot - if i grow to like them or care about them.

I can understand that. It's been an issue for me as well in the past. Death Note, for instance, suffered a lot in my eyes because I couldn't stand Light.

The way you guys talk about it, I'd probably get a big chuckle out of it

you will

You most likely will.

Everyone and their mother who's slightly in the know about anime memes about it in every community.

I saw no less than 3 memes today, 2 of them in the FE community lmaaaao

Death Note, for instance, suffered a lot in my eyes because I couldn't stand Light.

It get's worse after L is gone.

29 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Someone wimpy being MC however...Very hard sell for me

In the role of the MC specifically, I can see your point.

Personally, I dunno. But then I don't watch any anime so I haven't a clue who you might be disliking. But given I consider myself a rather pathetic creature, I don't think I'm wholly against a pathetic MC or anyone.

And if it weren't for the random encounters and simplistic combat already working against it, maybe you should avoid Xenogears. It has been like a decade (I got a PS3 after graduating high school), and the plot of Xenogears is long and rushed and complicated and kinda poorly translated. But the lasting impression I have of Fei as a character is... "hesitant". Which might not be right, he does act, he does fight, he tries to be proactive plenty of the time, but I kinda vaguely remember him being overwhelmed by everything looming over him (which admittedly is a lot) until like right before the final dungeon.

I don't think I'm wholly against a pathetic MC or anyone.

Thing is, i watch/play stuff to have fun. I don't self insert, i want the cast on the screen to entertain me.

And not make me cringe.

A MC who starts pathetic but get's better i am super fine with, and so is a MC who only fails aslong as they can make me care about the MC.

Especially hate it when a Pathetic MC develops but then they decide to torpedo the development just to have some few incel scenes and i am like ARGHHHHHHH

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But the lasting impression I have of Fei as a character is... "hesitant". Which might not be right, he does act, he does fight, he tries to be proactive plenty of the time, but I kinda vaguely remember him being overwhelmed by everything looming over him (which admittedly is a lot) until like right before the final dungeon.

that's totally fine with me. I don't want MC to be perfect MCface lol.

I just don't want them to end like (AOT spoilers, if you care)

Spoiler

whats-the-deal-with-10-years-at-least-v0

Hopefully that makes it clearer what i mean with wimpy lol

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you will

You most likely will.

Everyone and their mother who's slightly in the know about anime memes about it in every community.

I saw no less than 3 memes today, 2 of them in the FE community lmaaaao

Unfortunately to know the context I'd have to sit through all of AoT, and who has that kind of time? I have Eidolons to find and hacks to fix. Just earlier one of my testers found Mitan softlocked the game when equipping bows as a warrior. Then I fixed it and the grateful chap thanked me by saying he'd use her to kill Ruben. How kind of him.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It get's worse after L is gone.

So I heard. I dropped it after episode 25, like seemingly everyone else. I'd already seen the ending, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hide contents

Oh that's lovely. That the man they want everyone rooting about? Beautiful.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately to know the context I'd have to sit through all of AoT, and who has that kind of time?

Even if you had the time, don't do this to yourself

Oh that's lovely. That the man they want everyone rooting about? Beautiful.

🙂

That ending man

Such a shitshow

So bad, it made me forgive cold steel for a period of time

ME! ME OF ALL PEOPLE! xD

https://www.siliconera.com/cult-of-the-lamb-could-be-removed-from-storefronts/

The cutesy occult simulator is threatened not by an eldritch god, but by avarice. Can your loyal cultists be renamed as a cult leader ought to be able to do? If so, I hope a bunch of players start calling them Unity, Unite, Unitee, Uneti, Youkneetea, etc., marry them, and then immediately offer them in bloody sacrifice to the forbidden one.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Especially hate it when a Pathetic MC develops but then they decide to torpedo the development just to have some few incel scenes and i am like ARGHHHHHHH

Yeeeeeeah I wouldn't care for that either.😆

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I just don't want them to end like (AOT spoilers, if you care)

Reveal hidden contents

Hopefully that makes it clearer what i mean with wimpy lol

Thank you for the clarification.😃

And I remember when you and 06 were posting about it when it first all unfolded in 🍿 glory. I read the details and I don't care about seeing them. Something about the faces makes me think everyone is an opium-smoking cannibal. I was also very disappointed to learn the manga/anime is about humans attacking giants, and not about establishing a colony on Saturn's largest moon which then gets invaded by aliens.🪐

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Even if you had the time, don't do this to yourself

Not to worry. I'd sooner watch the anime, you know the one, the one with the nun with the machine gun, and the maid with the glasses, and the girl who smokes.

and not about establishing a colony on Saturn's largest moon which then gets invaded by aliens.🪐

i am pretty sure there's an anime like this

Not to worry. I'd sooner watch the anime, you know the one, the one with the nun with the machine gun, and the maid with the glasses, and the girl who smokes.

But Black Lagoon is never getting another season

image.png

...And zero.

They removed the countdown cards and copypasted everyone together + the missing EWatLO playables. Nothing grand. Still surprised they did anything at all.

Lyude ain't good, Savyna looks a little off, Gibari's nose is a tad too undefined on its sides. Though Mizuti is great -because the mask is cheating against potentially a badly-drawn face, much like Guillo's hood.

A thought came upon me (lategame BKO spoilers!)...

Spoiler

...seeing Savyna at eye-level with Guillo makes me think. If only she could ever have met them again.😄 Oh, what would the warrior maiden matured say to the one who warned her about her choice, who saved her life that one time? -If only I was a quarter-decent at writing dialogue.

Guillo next to Mizuti makes sense too. Feels like you could scribble down a scene where Mizuti amps up Guillo's power to a new level.

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ok, but the cast does look lovely ngl.

Me and Armagon are in agreement that the Origins trio are brilliant (green, brown, hood). He literally resorted to hax cheatz for the combat b/c it wasn't for him, but continued on to the very end b/c he liked the hero trinity that much (mind, he emulated, no $$$ there).

And as Armagon pointed out last night, Kalas (blue) don't smile much, this art lies. He mellows out as the others join and accepts the unfolding situation, but his initial interactions with blonde there? A little antagonistic.😅

-Also not reflective of the ingame art styles FYI. This is just some new celebratory art.

Rayman feels like an Engage character.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean begins, cards only have one Spirit Number, in the upper right.

• Yet gradually, cards with two, three, and four Spirit Numbers start showing up as the plot progresses (the first two-numbers start showing up right before the first island is over).
  • You pick which number you want to play by flicking the C-Stick (well Generic Right-Stick now😆) in the direction of that number. 

Remember the time i didn't realize this and i was just spamming cards? Good times.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh i recognize that battle track!

Smashy Bros moment.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

onfesison: I never watched NGE

Same.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A thought came upon me (lategame BKO spoilers!)...

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Bro the moment when it turns out we killed Savyna's dad right in front of her was a gut punch.

I mean, good on the narrative at least. Humanized him a little, knowing he was the father one of the the "sequel's" heroes.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They removed the countdown cards and copypasted everyone together + the missing EWatLO playables. Nothing grand. Still surprised they did anything at all.

They changed Kalas' arm into a half-hug with Lyude but yeah. Still nice they did it at all.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ok, but the cast does look lovely ngl.

Maybe on sale sometime. Or maybe i can try the game somehow and that convinces me to buy it lol

https://youtu.be/UfaSoGrpitU

(Serenes stop being cringe and embed the video) the opening cinematic to Eternal Wings is pretty cool and kinda cheesy. Though it's also the only time in the game the ENG voice acting is fine and the game itself (and Origins) doesn't actually feature pre-rendered cutscenes like this.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Remember the time i didn't realize this and i was just spamming cards? Good times.

I don't blame you, the game never truly explains it.

I believe the only reason I picked up on this, was because of my game guide. 

Baten%20Kaitos%20Bradygames%20Strategy%2

Which I still physically own.😆 (Thank you Internet Archive for preserving this!)

Baten%20Kaitos%20Bradygames%20Strategy%2

Literally second page for some reason. (Ignore all the "with 9"s, given how rare 9s are. The first card with a 9 possible (guaranteed actually) doesn't arrive until over halfway in.) A not-difficult 4 card straight is +45%, that's not bad.

For later bosses, the guide does mention how useful Spirit Combos are. Although the Lava Caves is a little later than I'd advise to start paying attention.

and the game itself (and Origins) doesn't actually feature pre-rendered cutscenes like this.

I'll blame the GameCube's proprietary mini-discs (as opposed to DVDs) for this? The games already had to be split into two discs. Although, maybe the 128-bit era was one just too soon for going prerendered-heavy.

was

I... (more BKO spoilers!)

Spoiler

...was surprised they let Savyna walk in on Sagi stabbing her father. 

-Ofc I didn't see that until later, online. Choosing to spare Shanath as I did means the trio leave the room, and then Savyna walks in. His wounds are still fatal, and even if they weren't they're still bad enough that the Afterling decides to eat him.

Humanized him a little

I feel like if we had seen more of his bad blood with Olgan his father, maybe we could sympathize with him a bit more, since awful parent-child relationships can permanently scar the latter. Did he choose to become a test subject to try earning daddy's approval and then Olgan really hated him when it failed, or was experimentation involuntary on papa's orders? Either way, that's some toxic relationship stuff there.

Though I get the feeling that, factoring in Shanath's post-mortem spoiler, he was kinda deranged and just not a nice guy to the core. So not somebody to sympathize with too much. I remember specifically the scene where he drops the Afterling on the heroes in Sadal Suud. He is on the communicator, the person on the other side is questioning his commands, and then he says "No I'M giving you clearance-" *person talks back* "...JUST DO IT!", the out-of-character shout has stuck with me and indicates Shanath was probably on some level a psychopath.

And, as I before, if you kill Shanath, the scene in retrospect parallels with what opened EWatLO Savyna's eyes. When she murdered a man during Operation Sweep and was confronted by his young daughter.

Yeah a rhythm game for the 10th anniversary of the series, why not?

Will be nice to have all the vocal songs in one package at least.

Ok not all the songs will be in at once it seems. Some additional DLC packs for extra songs.

Game itself is only $15.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

more BKO spoilers

Spoiler

Ok I genuinely don't remember having a "choice" to spare Shanath or not.

Edited by Armagon

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But Black Lagoon is never getting another season

Good, you finally got it.

Anyway, I don't know the state of that. I just know the maid's cool. Probably the only cool maid in anime, even.

3 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Bet you weren't expecting that one.

Trails into Reverie has another Avengers Endgame moment before the final dungeon, it was pretty cool.

On 9/12/2023 at 9:33 PM, Armagon said:

They very likely have chicha. You should get it, arepa with chicha is an indisputable combo.

Now if it's Venezuelan, it's probably just a given but make sure that it's "chicha de arroz". Cause chicha in other countries is alcoholic and it's shit.

If I ever go there, I'll report back with my findings.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:13 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speculation of this kind interests me.😀

Strictly speaking, I got the idea from this website about beta Gold and Silver Pokémon if such content interests you.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:25 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe "late" is relative. Like, they already thought the list, then as they were coding them in, they got further ideas. We know the Bird type was replaced with Flying, after all. So where is Flying on the order?

Flying is listed pretty early, so it's possible that Flying and Bird were supposed to coexist (with Bird for bird stuff like Peck and Wing Attack and Flying as a "wind type") but they changed their minds and grouped both under Flying.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

English patch for Kuro II!

For a moment I misread this as Kuro III. I know Japan isn't that far ahead, yet.

36 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Strictly speaking, I got the idea from this website about beta Gold and Silver Pokémon if such content interests you.

Thank you for the link!🤓

I'm starting to read this already... Fire-Electric-Water as the core elemental trio, no Grass. How Fire would be effective on Electric doesn't readily make sense, but to think one of the starter-trio types wasn't going to be that.