Post a fact about the person above! 2.0 Edition

null

Hasn’t seen anything that implies that Hilda has Almyran slaves.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Knows that Hilda having Almyran slaves is kinda weird...I really hope this gets brought up again later.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Should know that I have never seen any implications for that anywhere.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Will know that I have not either.

Spoiler

The closest thing is in Hilda and Cyril’s paralogue, which is what I’m assuming you’re referring to, but A.) Cyril only says he was a servant, not a slave, and I know that still has the implication but B.) Rhea took Cyril in, and if Cyril was someone else’s property I don’t think Holst or Rhea would let that happen. C.) If Cyril was enslaved I feel like that would come up in this C-A support chain with Hilda and D.), even if Cyril was a slave, Hilda didn’t enslave anyone, that would be Holst and probably their dad as well, so I don’t think Hilda really would have owned any slaves. I mean, you’re not really supposed to make your PoWs your servants regardless of the benefits, but still. That would also make “Hilda returned to her territory, and founded the first artisan academy in Fodlan. Years later, as the successful headmaster of that school, she journeyed to Garreg Mach to make a donation to the church. There she encountered Cyril, who had graduated from the Officers Academy and joined the Knights of Seiros. When each saw how much the other had grown and matured, a mutual attraction between them blossomed naturally into love. Cyril eventually left the church to become a knight of House Goneril, at the invitation of Hilda's brother, Holst. As Holst's new brother-in-law, Cyril provided essential aid in negotiations with House Goneril's Almyran neighbors.” very concerning if true xD

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• Sooks

• Benice

• Sidereal Wraith

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

A.) Cyril only says he was a servant, not a slave, and I know that still has the implication but

Well, the direct quote is:

• Cyril: Before Lady Rhea took me in, I had a real hard time as a servant of House Goneril.
  • Hilda: I'm sorry to hear that. But it's not like I'll go around snapping up Almyran children.
  • Cyril: That's good, but I just... I want to see things for myself, so I know...that everything's OK.

The fact that he wants to make sure other Almyrans don't end up captured by Goneril and that he had a real hard time as a servant kinda implies that even if they're not slaves, they are certainly still badly mistreated.

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Rhea took Cyril in, and if Cyril was someone else’s property I don’t think Holst or Rhea would let that happen.

Well, Rhea's power is absolute, so if Rhea asked for Cereal, she'd probably get him. (It could have been a trade of sorts as well.)

10 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

If Cyril was enslaved I feel like that would come up in this C-A support chain with Hilda

Yeah, that is wack. They did seem to gloss over this point in the paralogue too, though.

12 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

even if Cyril was a slave, Hilda didn’t enslave anyone, that would be Holst and probably their dad as well, so I don’t think Hilda really would have owned any slaves. I mean, you’re not really supposed to make your PoWs your servants regardless of the benefits, but still.

Still would have been a servant of House Goneril, though, and I highly doubt Hilda objecting to people doing things for her.

12 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

That would also make “Hilda returned to her territory, and founded the first artisan academy in Fodlan. Years later, as the successful headmaster of that school, she journeyed to Garreg Mach to make a donation to the church. There she encountered Cyril, who had graduated from the Officers Academy and joined the Knights of Seiros. When each saw how much the other had grown and matured, a mutual attraction between them blossomed naturally into love. Cyril eventually left the church to become a knight of House Goneril, at the invitation of Hilda's brother, Holst. As Holst's new brother-in-law, Cyril provided essential aid in negotiations with House Goneril's Almyran neighbors.” very concerning if true xD

Hilda was too lazy to find a husband so she bought one instead.

Is defending Hilda.

Has a reasonable way to get games on the eshop.

Nah, protecting your credit card by limiting how many people know it is generally a good idea.

Edited by Benice

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, Rhea's power is absolute, so if Rhea asked for Cereal, she'd probably get him. (It could have been a trade of sorts as well.)

I meant that she might not abuse her position to do something morally questionable but then I remembered the plot... never mind now xD

Still would have been a servant of House Goneril, though, and I highly doubt Hilda objecting to people doing things for her.

Hilda was too lazy to find a husband so she bought one instead.

Lmao

——

Thinks Orsin is good.

Edited by Sooks1016

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Doesnt like axe infantry.

Orsin is good, though.

He's one of the exceptions, though. The issue is that IS thinks they need to be weak in literally everything that isn't HP or Strength, or if not, have some other crippling downside. IMO, they're the one unit type that's most consistent about having crippling weaknesses and no meaningful strengths to compensate.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Informed me of something quite unfortunate.

I like Nintendo, but some of the things they do as a company are blatantly anti-consumer.

*cough*Mario 3D All-Stars limited release until March*cough*

I'm more bothered by Galaxy 2 not being part of it, personally.

Might have better luck with gacha games than I do.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

He's one of the exceptions, though. The issue is that IS thinks they need to be weak in literally everything that isn't HP or Strength, or if not, have some other crippling downside. IMO, they're the one unit type that's most consistent about having crippling weaknesses and no meaningful strengths to compensate.

I suppose that's a fair point.

Would you count RD Ike as an axe infantry?

Thinks that IS has no balance sense.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Would you count RD Ike as an axe infantry?

Thinks that IS has no balance sense.

No. When I say axe infantry, I think squarely of fighters, onis, brigands, pirates and their related classes.

Knows that some of their design decisions tend to be... odd, to put it lightly. Like putting the weapon triangle in Shadow Dragon, for example.