FE Dream duel: Who would win?

defensedefumer

Next duel: Finn (Genealogy) vs Peri (Fates)

Finn is riding his horse with his lance on hand. Sensing danger, he turns and sees Peri charging towards him. Seeing a worthy opponent, Peri duels Finn.

Who wins?

VLp7TtC.jpg

Edited by defensedefumer

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, defensedefumer said:

Finn is riding his horse with his lance on hand. Sensing danger, he turns and sees Peri charging towards him. Seeing a worthy opponent, Peri duels Finn.

Who wins?

VLp7TtC.jpg

I only have First Gen Genealogy stats to work with, but fortunately Finn is the man who defies the generations. Going to use Great Knight Peri as that's what she is as an enemy in Fates.

Physical Silver Lance 13             75     9
Finn 50 29 0 25 22 35 20 6 67.5 50.5 30 0
  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Hit Eva Crit Weight/Con
Peri (Great Knight) 51 32 2 19 24 18 21 14 47 45 18.5 NA
Physical Silver Lance 13             75     9

Just going to give them both Silver Lances. Finn has his own prf brave lance and Peri uses one as an enemy so a brave lance v brave lance wouldn't be undue, but I haven't coded in brave weapon properties into my calculator (though I have coded in no counter attack and could use that but I can't be assed stating either weapon right now. Maybe tomorrow).

Finn 97.5% hit. 12% crit. Peri 73% hit 0% crit. Finn has initiative.

ROUND 1

Finn struck dealing 21 damage!

Peri (Great Knight) missed!

Peri (Great Knight) attacks again dealing 25 damage!

Finn 25 HP.         Peri 30HP

Round 2

Peri (Great Knight) attacks again dealing 25 damage!

Finn is dead. Peri survives with 30HP.

So here's something to consider. Peri is doubling Finn, even as a great knight. Why you might wonder? Well because Finn has the misfortune of coming from a game where weapon weight exists and there is no way to mitigate it. Meanwhile in Peri's universe weapon weight doesn't exist at all...so that's sort of unfair. Fortunately we do have another incarnation of Finn. Thracia Finn! Who can mitigate weapon weight. But I'll have to leave that for tomorrow.

Though quickly skill analysis. Finn's greatest's skill is Genealogy!Prayer. But unfortunately for him Peri never damages him enough to put him in that range. Peri meanwhile gets some extremely useful skills with Armoured Blow and Luna. This would both make Finn deal less damage on her attack and give her a proc chance of dealing significantly more damage. Though it might also work against her. Extra 10 damage from a luna activation + the power of Elbow Room would put Finn right in the prayer range should a luna proc come off. And Genealogy!Prayer basically means he's unhittable at that point. So Peri's fantastic skillset could end up biting her in the ass!

15 minutes ago, defensedefumer said:

Who wins?

VLp7TtC.jpg

I'll assume Gen II Finn. Peri is more ruthless, but Finn parries (heh) her attacks with his greater experience. Peri gradually tires out, and Finn is about to finish her off. But at the sight of Peri's crying face, he sets his lance down, and turns away. Giving Peri the perfect opportunity to stab him in the back. Sorry, Leif and Nanna - Peri wins!

20 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Ok, next duel:

Zihark (POR) vs Felix (3H)

Zihark is visiting Fodlan, teaching villagers how to fence. Suddenly, Felix appears and calls Zihark a fraud. Zihark tries to avoid a conflict, but Felix engages. Who wins?

Request says Zihark(POR), but I'm going to use his Radiant Dawn incarnation as he is a better unit in that game in every stat aside from a bit of luck. Even though he doens't have any association with it beyond being a swordmaster, I'm giving Zihark Stefan's Vague Katti.

Physical Vague Katti 20         3   95 5   10
Zihark 43 25 15 31 33 14 17 13 69 56.5 22.5 31.6
Felix 51 32 14 22 35 22 17 7 55 63.5 22 7
Physical Sword of Moralta 13             75   25 9

Okay so this really isn't looking good in Zihark's favor. Out the gate Felix is faster and stronger than him. However Felix is losing a bit of speed on his weapon which puts him and Zihark on even footing. Zihark's weapon is also, concidentally, exactly powerful enough to put their base damage output on the same level. However Felix also has something I haven't had to take into account before which is his own personal defensive weapon (in fact, he's pretty much the only unit in the series I can think of off hand who has a personal defensive weapon). I don't have a section in the calculator for that, so I'm just going to edit Felix's stats to give him more defense/res and less con.

Zihark 43 25 15 31 33 14 17 13 69 56.5 22.5 31.6
Felix 51 32 14 22 35 22 23 10 55 63.5 22 1
Physical Sword of Moralta 13             75   25 9

So given how heavy the Aegis Shield is, it might be in his best interest to ditch it to avoid getting doubled. But we'll see how things play out. Zihark has the initative (as I think Swordmasters only have 6 move in Three Houses, it's stat system makes it hard to see at a glance). Zihark has Crit+20 and Felix has Crit+10.

Zihark 100% hit 1% crit

Felix 68.5% hit and 43% crit. Oh yeah, Sword of Moralta has a crit and the Vague Katti doesn't. That higher luck stat is also standing for Felix.

ROUND 1

Zihark struck dealing 22 damage!

Felix counter attacks dealing 25 damage!

Zihark attacks again dealing 22 damage!

Zihark: 18HP            Felix: 7HP

ROUND 2

Felix recovers 17HP

Boom! Critical! Felix dealt 75 damage!

Zihark is dead. Felix lives with 24HP

Okay so wow, Felix has a very high crit rate thanks to the Sword of Moralta and his innate crit. Zihark deals a tonne more damage doubling however, his lower defense means Felix can kill him in just two hits, provided he can connect with two consecutively (or one with a crit). Felix would definietly be better off ditching the Ageis shield (as shiney as it is!). The defensive bonuses it gives is not worth being doubled (this is why I grinded my Felix armour levels to get Weight-5!). Without it Felix deals more damage each time which, coupled with his very high crit rate, should give him the win despite his accuracy issues. Especially when you factor in that he's healing almost the entirety of the damage Zihark can deal on every one of his turns.

But really the Aegis shield isn't some crappy +6 defense at the cost of 6 speed. It's really designed to give you Aegis and Pavise. So what about skills!? With skills factored in Zihark gets an extra 15.5% chance of pulling off an Astra and a 33% chance of pulling off Adept. While the Pavise provided by the Aegis Shield only has a 22% chance of halving damage. So Zihark is definitely putting the rng in his favor by including skills. Although Felix's personal skill will have him dealing +5 damage every turn too, but it won't let him kill any quicker than two hits. Sword Prowess would definitely help his accuracy issues though. Felix also gets Darting Blow as an enemy, but I'm pretty sure that's impossible as a unit. All in all both gain a lot from skills, but it would make the match far more rng dependent thanks to Zihark stacking Adept, and Astra (unfortunately basically no crit for him unless he swaps down th a killing edge which would nerf is damage out put a bit).

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

His weapon, Sword of Morata's effect. Recovers a third of his HP on his turn.

Thanks!

Next fight: Lex (Genealogy) vs Boyd (POR)

Lex is busy praying in a church when he spots Boyd in a distance. Mistaking Boyd as a Viking raider, Lex engages Boyd. Who wins?

11 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Thanks!

Lex is busy praying in a church when he spots Boyd in a distance. Mistaking Boyd as a Viking raider, Lex engages Boyd. Who wins?

I would favor Lex in this one, assuming he has his Brave Axe. Let's say Boyd has a Silver Axe. In PoR, he's probably fast enough to double Lex. But Lex has better bulk, and with his movement and Canto, he can retreat to the Church to heal. The real kicker, though, is Vantage - if Boyd recklessly attacks an injured Lex, he's in for a rude awakening.

Anyway, how about two ladies who got a haircut? Lucia (RD) is waiting at the best salon in Melior, but Mercedes (3H) cuts in front of her appointment! Who is victorious - the Queen's sword hand, or the pious white mage?

24 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I would favor Lex in this one, assuming he has his Brave Axe. Let's say Boyd has a Silver Axe. In PoR, he's probably fast enough to double Lex. But Lex has better bulk, and with his movement and Canto, he can retreat to the Church to heal. The real kicker, though, is Vantage - if Boyd recklessly attacks an injured Lex, he's in for a rude awakening.

Anyway, how about two ladies who got a haircut? Lucia (RD) is waiting at the best salon in Melior, but Mercedes (3H) cuts in front of her appointment! Who is victorious - the Queen's sword hand, or the pious white mage?

I:m not so sure. I:d say Boyd could probably double Lex and even if Lex does happen to be faster, Lex can:t double Boyd no matter how much speed he has since he doesnt have Pursuit. I;ll stat it up later when Im at my home computer.

On 11/10/2020 at 10:07 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I don't see how Mercedes can win this. She is a healer while Lucia is a swordmaster. Lucia easily KOs Mercedes.

On 11/9/2020 at 11:03 PM, defensedefumer said:

Thanks!

Before I start this one I regret to report that the Crit boost Zihark was meant to be getting in the previous match wasn't working. He should have had a 21% crit against Felix.  So that closes the gap between them significantly and highly improves Zihark's chances. Anyway on to Lex versus Boyd.

Physical Brave Axe (GoW) 16             70     12
Lex 54 32 0 20 19 21 28 6 50.5 39 20.5 0
Boyd 55 32 7 28 28 14 21 8 63 49 21 40
Physical Brave Axe (RD) 11             80     13

So like Zihark, Boyd has more or less better stats round the board in Radiant Dawn, so I'm going with him over his Path of Radiance version. He also doesn't have any kind of associated weapon I can think of (does he ever get one in a base convo or something?) so I'm also giving him a Brave Axe. But, the Radiant Dawn version which isn't as strong as Lex's brave axe but it is a little more accurate. Their stats are pretty evenly matched, except Boyd has a lot more Skl and Lex has a lot more Def. Let's see how that helps them.

Lex: 71.5% hit, 7% Crit

Boyd: 100% hit 0% crit (looks like the little more luck is also paying off for Lex)

Lex has initiative

ROUND 1

Lex missed!

Lex struck dealing 27 damage!

Boyd counter attacks dealing 15 damage!

Boyd counter attacks dealing 15 damage!

Boyd attacks again dealing 15 damage!

Boyd attacks again dealing 15 damage!

Lex is dead. Boyd wins with 28Hp remaining.

So the round goes pretty solidly to Boyd. He manages to double Lex, even if Lex wasn't being massively weighted down by his weapon. Doubling with a brave weapon means Boyd gets to attack four times and thanks to his high skill it's four 100% accurate attacks. He's not dealing as much damage, but all four are just enough to kill Lex. Meanwhile if Lex hadn't whiffed that first attack, he would have put Boyd down to a tantalizing 1HP. Since it also ends after one round of combat, Lex can't even make use of canto to run away.

Now if we throw skills into the mix Lex is even more boned. He gets Vantage and Paragon which is absolutely useless to him. Meanwhile Boyd gets a +5% crit boost, but more importantly, he's gets his Mastery Skill colossus meaning he might not even need all four hits to tear Lex apart. It's a real shame for Lex, but unfortunately he's just a single point of strength away from being able to take on Boyd.

On 11/10/2020 at 11:07 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

3 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

I don't see how Mercedes can win this. She is a healer while Lucia is a swordmaster. Lucia easily KOs Mercedes.

This may well be true, but ask and thou shall receive. Making this a double post because Serenes gets nervous when I copy and paste coloured boxes into a post.

Lucia 40 22 22 31 33 15 15 14 69.5 57 23 27.25
Mercedes 39 13 28 23 22 19 13 27 55.5 42.5 21 3
Magical Abraxes   14           90   5 13

So like Zihark, Lucia doesn't have any real connection to the Vague Katti beyond being a sword master, but it's what I'm choosing to give her. Mercedes is using Abraxes, her most powerful weapon. Mercedes is a Bishop because that's what she is when you fight her as an enemy. Lucia has a a 20% crit rate, but Mercedes has the Rainfall Gem which nullifies critical hits.

Lucia: 100% hit 0% crit

Mercedes 83.50% hit 11% crit (note, I do not have a sperate physical and magical formula for hit like Three Houses does)

Now despite having 1-2 range, Lucia is actually the one that has initiative in this battle, as she has 7 move and Mercedes is stuck at an awful 4 move as a Bishop.

ROUND 1

Lucia struck dealing 29 damage!

Mercedes counter attacks dealing 28 damage!

Lucia attacks again dealing 29 damage!

Lucia wins with 12HP remaining.

So yeah, that was pretty much as one would expect. Mercedes goes down in one round like a wet paper towel. Her highest level spell is powerful enough that it could two shot Lucina, but her low movement means she'll never be able to get to Lucina in time. If she's reclassed as a Holy Knight she could run in and get a free shot on Lucina and then kill with the counter attack on Lucina's turn however. But I don't have stats for her as a Holy Knight as I took the classes for Three Houses characters as they appear as enemies or what they have by default when they're recruited by the player. And Mercedes just never appears as a Holy Knight.

Regarding skills, they're not going to make a difference here at all as Lucia knows Parity which removes skills. And since she gets to go first and has a vested interest in using it, it's basically a no skills battle.

I've just noticed that Mercedes does not in fact know Abraxes as a playable unit. I gave that to her because it's what she uses on Grondor field as an enemy. Ragnarok is in fact her most powerful spell. But it's stats are, for the purpose of this battle, virtually the same. It makes no difference to the outcome.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Lex is dead. Boyd wins with 28Hp remaining.

It seems that generally, the new characters are way more powerful than the older ones.

Next duel: Joshua (Sacred Stones) vs Saber (Echoes)

Saber is seen extorting payment from clients. Joshua sees the eyepatch and assumes Saber is a pirate. Who wins?

7 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

It seems that generally, the new characters are way more powerful than the older ones.

That shouldn't really be the case. In an absolute sense it's true, characters in newer games do have higher stats, but the whole idea of averaging them out is to put everyone on even footing. And even then, most of these simulations are actually pretty dang close. Like if Lex did have just one extra point in str or Boyd had 1 less, Lex would take him down.

7 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Next duel: Joshua (Sacred Stones) vs Saber (Echoes)

So Joshua is set for a weapon. He has Audhulma. Weapon of his kingdom. It's even given to him and not Eirika is he's alive in Eirika route. Saber on the other hand, closest thing to a weapon we can associate with him is the Gold Knife...which is pretty solidly an early game weapon. So pitting that against one of the best weapons in the game isn't all that fun. So why not just do what I what I did with Lucia/Zihark and give Saber the best weapon in his game? Well the issue there is that the best sword in Shadows of Valentia is Astra. Which has a ridiculous 50% crit rate. And that is definitely going to eschew the results far more into random territory. So you know what? He can't use it in game but I'm going to give him Beloved Zofia. Celica gave him that Golden Dagger, what kind of employee is she to take it back from him with no compensation.

Physical Audhulma 18           5 85     9
Joshua (Swordmaster) 56 22 0 31 31 17 16 10 70.5 55 24 9
Saber 51 21 16 25 32 20 24 10 60 58 22.5 0
Physical Beloved Zofia 10             95   15  

Joshua has +15% crit.

Joshua: Hit 97.5%     Crit 24%

Saber: Hit 100%        Crit 21%

Saber is using his Overclass Yasha, which some might find controversial. Joshua is a Swordmaster rather than an Assassin. Saber has initiative due to Yasha having 7 move versus 6 for SS Swordmasters.

Spoiler

ROUND 1

Saber struck dealing 15 damage!

Joshua (Swordmaster) counter attacks dealing 16 damage!

Joshua 41 HP.       Saber  35 HP

ROUND 2

Joshua (Swordmaster) struck dealing 16 damage!

Saber counter attacks dealing 15 damage!

Joshua 26 HP         Saber 19 HP

ROUND 3

Saber restores 5HP using Beloved Zofia

Saber struck dealing 15 damage!

Joshua (Swordmaster) counter attacks dealing 16 damage!

Joshua 11 HP       Saber 8 HP

ROUND 4

Joshua (Swordmaster) struck dealing 16 damage!

Saber is dead. Joshua survives with 11HP.

Okay so this battle is a complete rng crap shoot. Both of them have such high crit rates against each other, and low but evenish damage output, that chances are one of them will crit the other. I had to keep rigging it so crits wouldn't happen just to see who is coming out the victor at the end. It turned about to be Joshua, but that's basically because Saber attacked first. If Saber lets Joshua attack first then Saber not only gets in the extra attack he needs, but he also gets an extra heal from Beloved Zofia. And since Saber has the higher move it means he can choose to let Joshua attack first, while Joshua is forced to follow whatever Saber decides (unless they both stand there not attacking each other as they realize who acts first will lose and then decide to go get a cup of coffee or something). But considering within eight attacks at least one crit seems pretty likely, I'll have to give the win to the guy more likely to pull off that crit, and that's Joshua who has the tiny 0.5% greater chance of winning (3% extra crit -2.5% for a miss chance).

Of course I'm using a weapon Saber can't actually wield in game for this fight. If Saber was wielding Astra he'd have a 50%+ crit rate which would destroy Joshua. Likewise, is they're wielding Silver Swords then Saber with have virtually zero hit rate while Joshua would maintain his 20% as his crit rate comes from his class rather than his weapon.

Factoring skills into this fight I've already included Joshua's crit boost. Saber could use Ragnarok Omega using Beloved Zofia, but lol, let's not go that far. Other than that the only real skill her to factor in Yasha's Tri-Affliction, which gives Saber an extra 12.5% chance of inflicting poison on Joshua. Which is pretty damned useless. Maybe if he attacks first and successfully manages to inflict it on his first attack it could do some damage to kill Joshua on the fourth turn assuming no crits before then, but the poison needs to be dealing at least 6 damage and has to be able to kill. Does that compensate for Joshua's tiny 0.5% rng lead. Ehhhh, it depends on what poison formula you're using I suppose.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Saber could use Ragnarok Omega using Beloved Zofia, but lol, let's not go that far.

lol wut ... saber secretly has a brand to pull of Ragnarok Omega?!  🤣

Seems SoV character are generally an oddball when you pit them against other series. so many adjustment have to be made

How about

Cain & Abel (shadow dragon) vs. Lance & Alan (Binding Blade)
They are attending a friendly jousting event, to see which Red & green cavalier is better (yes, they use lance specifically)

2 hours ago, joevar said:

lol wut ... saber secretly has a brand to pull of Ragnarok Omega?!  🤣

Seems SoV character are generally an oddball when you pit them against other series. so many adjustment have to be made

How about

They are attending a friendly jousting event, to see which Red & green cavalier is better (yes, they use lance specifically)

Well he shouldn't have been using Beloved Zofia in the first place. Even though he is perfectly capable of wielding it when it's merely the Golden Knife. Wonder what the Black Smith did to it to infuse it with prf capabilities. Yeah they're decision to give Celica a prf weapon was handled really weirdly.

(Wait, this thread is still going?)

4 hours ago, joevar said:

Lore-wise, I'd say Abel & Cain win out as I believe they are older (Assuming it's cannon, Cain is 24, as stated in a certain novel written by Takayashiki Hideo) and thusly more experienced. Of course IDK how old Alan & Lance are. They appear look younger, but that may just be me.

On a side note, it also depends. What lances are we talking? Silver? Their respective Legendaries? Horseslayers?

12 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

Lore-wise, I'd say Abel & Cain win out as I believe they are older (Assuming it's cannon, Cain is 24, as stated in a certain novel written by Takayashiki Hideo) and thusly more experienced. Of course IDK how old Alan & Lance are. They appear look younger, but that may just be me.

On a side note, it also depends. What lances are we talking? Silver? Their respective Legendaries? Horseslayers?

Legendries would be a bit hard given there's only one legendary lance per these two games.

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Legendries would be a bit hard given there's only one legendary lance per these two games.

True. But if it is a joust, then they are likely not all fighting at once. So they could just hand the lance off to their friend. Aside from that, I guess Silver?

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

Likewise, is they're wielding Silver Swords then Saber with have virtually zero hit rate while Joshua would maintain his 20% as his crit rate comes from his class rather than his weapon.

Joshua would deal much less damage with a Silver Sword, requiring more hits to kill Sabre. I don’t know the Mt of an SoV Silver Sword but the Beloved Zofia doesn’t seem too impressive with only 10 Mt. A GBA Silver Sword has 13 Mt. This also gives him access to a new Combat Art.

3 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Even if they’re older, they’re still inexperienced in actual combat at the start of the game, and by the end of the game, both pairs of Knights have a lot of exp fighting in a continental war. I don’t think age is an important factor here.

I have no idea how to calculate a 2v2 fight though.

Edited by Whisky

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Wonder what the Black Smith did to it to infuse it with prf capabilities. Yeah they're decision to give Celica a prf weapon was handled really weirdly.

wait, thats illegal...
but yeah, a Prf Weapon that gives personal unique spell (with Cutscene animation!) that you obtain by forging a weapon which require other thing that canonically already been given to someone else..

4 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

24 as of War of heroes, which is in New Mystery, not Shadow dragon. even if they are still older, i doubt its by a large margin. Also age didnt matter that much unless you're "Jagen" i believe.

also, lets just say, Silver with blunt tips for fairness since its a competition.

54 minutes ago, Whisky said:

Joshua would deal much less damage with a Silver Sword, requiring more hits to kill Sabre. I don’t know the Mt of an SoV Silver Sword but the Beloved Zofia doesn’t seem too impressive with only 10 Mt. A GBA Silver Sword has 13 Mt. This also gives him access to a new Combat Art.

When I said they would both have Silver Swords, the idea would be to give them both the same weapon and see who'd win. So I wouldn't really be factoring in a Shadows of Valentia Silver Sword which can be forged up to 15mt. If they're both getting a 13mt silver sword then Joshua would be reduced to killing in five hits instead of four (down from dealing 16 damage to 11, 5 attacks = 55 damage), while Saber would still be killing in four hits (+3 mt over the Beloved Zofia means 18 damage per attack. Three attacks deals 54 damage, just shy of Joshua's 56 hp). And then like previously stated Joshua would retain a pretty reasonable crit rate with another weapon while Saber wouldn't since a large part of his crit is coming from Beloved Zofia. So it'd all depend on whether Joshua can crit within his first three attacks before Saber can kill him (3 attacks + 1 crit = 5 attacks he needs, so it'd be just enough to ensure the kill).

54 minutes ago, Whisky said:

Even if they’re older, they’re still inexperienced in actual combat at the start of the game, and by the end of the game, both pairs of Knights have a lot of exp fighting in a continental war. I don’t think age is an important factor here.

I have no idea how to calculate a 2v2 fight though.

Abel fought by King Cornelius's side during the outbreak of the War of Shadows. So he had some experience there. Granted he also got injured so he didn't exactly fight that well.

6 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

As long as there are Fire Emblem games, we can keep going haha. It's like Death Battle on Youtube.

Next Duel: Sylvain (3H) vs Selkie (Fates)

While riding in the forest, Sylvain sees a cute girl (Selkie) and tries to flirt with her. Panicked, Selkie shape-shifts. Remembering his experiences with his brother, Sylvain assumes Selkie is a divine beast and tries to slay her. Who wins?

VDEzsvl.jpg