FE Dream duel: Who would win?

defensedefumer

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Abel fought by King Cornelius's side during the outbreak of the War of Shadows. So he had some experience there. Granted he also got injured so he didn't exactly fight that well.

Cain was the one who went to war with Cornelius, not Abel. And injuries aren't a good indicator of skill (Cornelius died, after all, but Cain was only injured). But this is just me nitpicking. Ignore this.

2 hours ago, defensedefumer said:
Next Duel: Sylvain (3H) vs Selkie (Fates)

If Sylvain is using the LoR, then he will have next to no chance of hitting Selkie, who also has Beastbane in her favor, so I'd guess Selkie wins this.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

As long as there are Fire Emblem games, we can keep going haha. It's like Death Battle on Youtube.

Next Duel: Sylvain (3H) vs Selkie (Fates)

While riding in the forest, Sylvain sees a cute girl (Selkie) and tries to flirt with her. Panicked, Selkie shape-shifts. Remembering his experiences with his brother, Sylvain assumes Selkie is a divine beast and tries to slay her. Who wins?

VDEzsvl.jpg

Going to give Selkie a Beaststone+, but I'm also going to ignore the post battle stat decreases it inflicts because Fates is weird and I don't know how to deal with it.

Physical Lance of Ruin 22             65   20 9
Sylvain 60 27 14 18 19 21 30 9 46.5 39 19.5 6
  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Hit Eva Crit Weight/Con
Selkie 49 21 17 26 31 28 14 23 66 60.5 27 NA
Physical Beaststone+ 12   8 6 10 -5 -3 90     0

Sylvain 51% hit     2% crit

Selkie 100% hit     11% crit

Sylvain has initiative. Selkie has effective damage. Selkie has +5% crit.

ROUND 1

Sylvain missed!

Selkie counter attacks dealing 27 damage!

Selkie attacks again dealing 27 damage!

Sylvain 6 HP          Selkie 49HP

ROUND 2

Selkie struck dealing 27 damage!

Selkie wins with 49HP

So yeah that went pretty much exactly like L3xandr3 predicted. Sylvain has a massively hard time even hitting Selkie and Selkie hits back very powerfully thanks to Beastbane. Though it should be noted that it's only because of Beastbane. Without Beasbane Selkie is only dealing 3 damage per attack which would take far longer for her to kill Sylvain. Easily long enough for him to manage to hit her twice. So if we do a pure no skills conflict (instead of "no skills except the ones I can easily account for like crit boosts and effective damage") Sylvain would be the winner.

Now if we throw all their skills into the mix Selkie gets to  be a lot more dangerous. She deals 4 extra damage on even turns and can deal 20% of Sylvain's max health just by fighting him. She also heals 40% of her HP on even turns. Though it'd take the passage of two turns to actually have this make any difference (Sylvain deals 40 damage on each hit).

Sylvain's skills are a bit harder to pin down due to Three Houses more free formed focus. He can technically get any skill in the game with a few lord/enemy exclusive exceptions. But the most sensible is to take his class and weapon proficiencies and run with that. His classes (taken from what he joins as if you recruit him from a different house with his final class being what he is as an enemy) are Noble->Soldier->Cavalier->Great Knight (these are used in calculating his stats) while his proficiencies are lances, axes and riding. So the first thing he absolutely needs to have with skills is the riding S skill that negates effective damage. It's not something that's really useful in Three Houses (especially with how much you have to grind up to get it), but for this battle it's crucial to him. After that he definitely need lance prowess to increase his hit rate against Selkie. If he has those two things he's pretty set. He doesn't get much from his classes aside from Lancefaire on Great Knight. Cavalier gives him desperation but he's not doubling so that's useless. Soldier gives him defense+2 which would be pretty useful in slowing Selkie down, she'd only be dealing 1 damage on odd turns with that, though Selkie is still going to be able to deal a lot more damage with skills due to the passive effects of Grizzly Wound and Plaything. Sylvain also has the option of using combat arts though. And if he uses Lance of Ruin's Ruined sky he can one shot Selkie with a 10% hit boost too. Coupled this with a hit boost from Lance Prowess and Sylvain stands a decent chance (around 75%) of taking Selkie out in one hit. And even if he whiffs the first hit, he still has a second and maybe even a third to try if he's nullifying Selkie's beastbane.

So all in all that's a pretty interesting one. Selkie wins vanilla quite handedly, but that's only because of her effective damage which is coming from her skill instead of her weapon. If she doesn't have that, then Sylvain wins a pure no skill contest, he also wins a pure skills contest thanks to his weapon art.

1 hour ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Selkie and Keaton vs Velouria and Kaden

lol an alternate universe in which Selkie is a Wolfskin and Velouria is a Kitsune

Do the Kitsune get oneshot? If yes, the Wolfskin win. If no, the Kitsune win. Also if the Kitsune dodge or crit, then they win. Beastbane for the win, eh?

So I've got one for you: Do to their conflicting ideologies Berkut and Ashnard are having a go at one another!

1 hour ago, L3xandr3 said:

Do the Kitsune get oneshot? If yes, the Wolfskin win. If no, the Kitsune win. Also if the Kitsune dodge or crit, then they win. Beastbane for the win, eh?

So I've got one for you: Do to their conflicting ideologies Berkut and Ashnard are having a go at one another!

seems like easy win for ashnard by a landslide because tellius character is always overrated he's a final boss, and also wyvern lord type boss. you dont need to check his stat on Def and Str to know how strong he is

if we're talking about who win in debate contest about ideologies tho, i dunno

I don’t think Berkut can fight Ashnard. First of all, lore wise, Ashnard’s armor is blessed by the goddess and can only be damaged by weapons that are also blessed by the goddess, or Laguz. Berkut is not a Laguz and is not blessed by the goddess, so lore wise, Ashnard wins by default, so we have to ignore his literal plot armor in order to continue.

Ashnard is incredibly strong, flys on a Wyvern, was famous for his strength on the battlefield before becoming King. Lore wise, stat wise, gameplay wise, Ashnard has a lot going for him. His weapon is very strong and has 1-2 range. Doesn’t really seem like Berkut would have a chance.

Berkut’s story is that he was arrogant and thought he was better than other people because of his status as a noble and got defeated multiple times when his skills actually got put to the test, while Ashnard only cares about strength, not status, and proved to have a lot of it himself.

Also, that Sylvain match was pretty interesting.

Edited by Whisky

1 hour ago, Whisky said:

I don’t think Berkut can fight Ashnard. First of all, lore wise, Ashnard’s armor is blessed by the goddess and can only be damaged by weapons that are also blessed by the goddess, or Laguz. Berkut is not a Laguz and is not blessed by the goddess, so lore wise, Ashnard wins by default, so we have to ignore his literal plot armor in order to continue.

Ashnard is incredibly strong, flys on a Wyvern, was famous for his strength on the battlefield before becoming King. Lore wise, stat wise, gameplay wise, Ashnard has a lot going for him. His weapon is very strong and has 1-2 range. Doesn’t really seem like Berkut would have a chance.

Berkut’s story is that he was arrogant and thought he was better than other people because of his status as a noble and got defeated multiple times when his skills actually got put to the test, while Ashnard only cares about strength, not status, and proved to have a lot of it himself.

I meant at peak power. I assume Kriemhild would count as a blessed weapon, given that it was from Duma.

Berkut is a Gold Knight, is also famous for his strength, and (before Alm finds out) is the Crown Prince of Rigel. Discounting grinding, Berkut is one of the strongest bosses in the game. Berkut's weapon - Kriemhild - is also strong and has 1-3 range.

To quote Berkut: "All that's ever been ask of me is strength!" Rigel's Ideals are that of strength. The only difference between Berkut and Ashnard (As far as I see) is their view on the Noble-Commoner relationship. And that Ashnard is insane, but still.

Although, if we're counting Duma-blessed Berkut, I guess we have to count Berserk Ashnard, in which case, it's GG.

51 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

I meant at peak power. I assume Kriemhild would count as a blessed weapon, given that it was from Duma.

Berkut is a Gold Knight, is also famous for his strength, and (before Alm finds out) is the Crown Prince of Rigel. Discounting grinding, Berkut is one of the strongest bosses in the game. Berkut's weapon - Kriemhild - is also strong and has 1-3 range.

To quote Berkut: "All that's ever been ask of me is strength!" Rigel's Ideals are that of strength. The only difference between Berkut and Ashnard (As far as I see) is their view on the Noble-Commoner relationship. And that Ashnard is insane, but still.

Although, if we're counting Duma-blessed Berkut, I guess we have to count Berserk Ashnard, in which case, it's GG.

I don’t really see it, but there might be more to Betkut’s history that I don’t know about. From what you see in the game, Berkut fails to impress, before his decent into darkness that is. I wasn’t really thinking about that.

For the purpose of this match up, we can count his weapon as being blessed. 1-3 range is impressive, and would actually allow him to attack Ashnard without getting countered? So that’s a big advantage.

You said the main difference between them is that Ashnard is insane, but I think post Duma blessing Berkut definitely seems the least sane of the two. Ashnard actually has a pretty clear head on his shoulders, he knows exactly what he wants, which happens to be war and chaos. The guy loves fighting.

Edit:

Actually if I remember correctly, didn't Berkut feel like a failure because he was unable to deliver the strength that was asked of him from Rigel's ideals? This is why he is willing to make any sacrifice for more power. Before being blessed by Duma, I don't really see Berkut standing up to Ashnard at all. After being blessed by Duma, where he is barely even seems human, then I can see him potentially having a chance, because he is quite powerful with that dark power.

Edited by Whisky

6 hours ago, Whisky said:

You said the main difference between them is that Ashnard is insane, but I think post Duma blessing Berkut definitely seems the least sane of the two. Ashnard actually has a pretty clear head on his shoulders, he knows exactly what he wants, which happens to be war and chaos. The guy loves fighting.

Eh. Fair enough, I guess.

Actually if I remember correctly, didn't Berkut feel like a failure because he was unable to deliver the strength that was asked of him from Rigel's ideals? This is why he is willing to make any sacrifice for more power.

It's more that he failed to beat Alm then that he failed to be strong.

Before being blessed by Duma, I don't really see Berkut standing up to Ashnard at all. After being blessed by Duma, where he is barely even seems human, then I can see him potentially having a chance, because he is quite powerful with that dark power.

Fallen Berkut vs Berserk Ashnard. The more I think on it, the more it seems Berkut can (Maybe?) win. The range advantage effectively doubles his damage output, so... It more depends on if Ashnard doubles him, I think. 

Never mind that. Just remembered what Berserk Ashnard is like. 80 Hp, 40 Strength, 30 Skill, 28 Speed, and 35 Defense are absurd, especially considering that the Beorc classes best comparative caps are 30 Strength (Warrior), Skill (Sniper), Speed (Swordmaster), and Defense (General). He also has Gurgurant (20 Mt, 90 Hit, Nullifies crits), and has Renewal and Daunt. Berkut can't compete with that!

Re: Selkie vs. Sylvain, Sylvain uses a throwing lance, so he can't get countered. Smart, right? Except, since Selkie has the mind of a dog, she fetches the Javelin and brings it back to him. Sylvain thinks she's cute, and starts to make the moves on her. At which point, the Fódlan Bureau of Investigation and the Humane Society of the Deeprealms double-team him. Selkie wins, and Sylvain faces three to five years.

Anyway, how about a matchup of the earlygame, surprisingly youthful, red-headed Paladins? That's right, Ike makes a bet against Eirika at school, that his Jagen (or is it Oifey?) can beat up hers. Begrudgingly, Titania (PoR) and Seth (SS) joust it out. Who comes out with the win?

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Re: Selkie vs. Sylvain, Sylvain uses a throwing lance, so he can't get countered. Smart, right? Except, since Selkie has the mind of a dog, she fetches the Javelin and brings it back to him. Sylvain thinks she's cute, and starts to make the moves on her. At which point, the Fódlan Bureau of Investigation and the Humane Society of the Deeprealms double-team him. Selkie wins, and Sylvain faces three to five years.

Anyway, how about a matchup of the earlygame, surprisingly youthful, red-headed Paladins? That's right, Ike makes a bet against Eirika at school, that his Jagen (or is it Oifey?) can beat up hers. Begrudgingly, Titania (PoR) and Seth (SS) joust it out. Who comes out with the win?

So this is going to specifically use Path of Radiance Titania. We also have a question of what weapon to use here for Seth. He comes with A in Swords and Lances. He uses a lance in his Sacred Stones artwork, yet he's a Sword Cavalry in Heroes. So it seems he really has no preference. And this is obviously going to make a bit of a difference given it's detemrining wether he has weapon triangle advantage or disadvantage. I'd be a bit inclined to choose lances however as he starts off with a Silver Lance. Then again if this is Seth trying to win then being proficient in two weapons should stand to him and he should have the ability to choose. Eh...I think I'll just simulate two battles one for each weapon.

Going to use Silver Weapons for both of them. Considered giving Titania Urvan considering it belongs to her beloved Greil, but it's not exactly available in Path of Radiance and Seth has noting close to resembling an associated weapon unless he borrows the twins's weapons. So Silver it is. Plus this is a battle of Jeigans, they always have silver weapons. Of course the question is which Silver Weapons. And the answer is my Silver weapons which are an at a glance average of the series, having mt ranging from 12-14 and hits ranging from 70-80. We'll start with Seth using lances and only bother to see how he fairs with a sword if he can't win that (if he can win with lances then swords is pretty much a forgone conclusion).

Physical Silver Axe 14             70     14
Titania 46 21 15 23 24 23 17 13 57.5 47.5 23 21
Seth 47 24 0 23 22 21 19 11 56.5 43.5 22 11
Physical Silver Lance 13             75     9

Titania 99% hit   1% crit

Seth 69%hiy     0% crit

Lucky me. Paladins have 1 extra move in Path of Radiance so Titania has initiative.

Spoiler

ROUND 1

Titania struck dealing 16 damage!

Seth counter attacks dealing 20 damage!

Titania 26 HP              Seth 31HP

ROUND 2

Seth struck dealing 20 damage!

Titania counter attacks dealing 16 damage!

Titania 6HP                Seth 15HP

ROUND 3

Seth is dead. Titania wins with 6HP

So pretty close there, but Titania takes the guaranteed win. Neither of them double and Seth deals more damage despite Titania's stronger weapon, but purely by virtue of striking first with her one additional point of move, Titania manages to get another hit in before Seth can finish her off. Now, let's see how she holds up when she's facing weapon triangle disadvantage.

Physical Silver Axe 14             70     14
Titania 46 21 15 23 24 23 17 13 57.5 47.5 23 21
Seth 47 24 0 23 22 21 19 11 56.5 43.5 22 11
Physical Silver Sword 12             80     4

Titania 69% hit    2% crit

Seth 100% hit     0% crit

Spoiler

Round 1

Seth counter attacks dealing 19 damage!

Titania 27HP       Seth  31HP

Round 2

Seth struck dealing 19 damage!

Titania counter attacks dealing 16 damage!

Titania  8HP          Seth 15HP

ROUND 3

Titania wins with 8HP

Okay so that went down pretty much exactly the same way, only now Titiania has a chance of losing via a miss. However, I should note what weapon triangle I'm using. And it's a pretty neat +-15% hit. I'm not having the triangle deal any bonus or nerfed damage. Partially because it would be a bit troublesome to do and paritally because I didn't think it was a big deal. But here it would make a big difference, as Titania only overkills Seth by 1 point of damage. So if she's dealing 1 less damage, Seth will be left with 1HP after the attack in round three and would easily be able to take Titania out. So yeah I'd be willing to give the win to Seth here given both his and Titania's games feature +-1 damage on their weapon triangles.

Now obviously if we include skills it's only going to benefit Titania since Seth doesn't have any skills. And as far as those skills go, Titania has counter, which is proc based in Path of Radiance, giving her an extra 23% chance of dealing half of Seth's damage back at him, which could mean an extra 10ish damage. Which means unless she can manage to activate it twice it isn't helping her. What would help her is her mastery skill Sol, which would let her survive another hit if she managed to proc it (unfortunately no three times damage in Path of Radiance like in Radiant Dawn).

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Okay so that went down pretty much exactly the same way, only now Titiania has a chance of losing via a miss. However, I should note what weapon triangle I'm using. And it's a pretty neat +-15% hit. I'm not having the triangle deal any bonus or nerfed damage. Partially because it would be a bit troublesome to do and paritally because I didn't think it was a big deal. But here it would make a big difference, as Titania only overkills Seth by 1 point of damage. So if she's dealing 1 less damage, Seth will be left with 1HP after the attack in round three and would easily be able to take Titania out. So yeah I'd be willing to give the win to Seth here given both his and Titania's games feature +-1 damage on their weapon triangles.

Solid review! They seem remarkably close in combat. Even with an apparent advantage in HP, Strength, and Defense, Seth loses off of the initiative. And determining weapon choice is a hard one - like, Seth can switch to Swords, but what's stopping Titania from switching to Lances (which she gets in PoR) in response?

In this case, it looks like Eirika owes Ike her Snack Pack. Hope he likes Butterscotch!

So Seth and Titania are pretty evenly matched. Actually, if they both used Lances to remove the WT, then Seth would pull out on top. Titania needs WTA to beat Seth, but he’s versatile in that regard to. He can switch to a Sword to have WTA against her with Axes, and if she switches to Lances, she will no longer deal enough damage to kill in the same number of hits as Seth. So I don’t think Titania has any way to beat Sword Seth.

@Jotari You missed the Berkut vs Ashnard match up.

So Seth and Titania are pretty evenly matched. Actually, if they both used Lances to remove the WT, then Seth would pull out on top. Titania needs WTA to beat Seth, but he’s versatile in that regard to. He can switch to a Sword to have WTA against her with Axes, and if she switches to Lances, she will no longer deal enough damage to kill in the same number of hits as Seth. So I don’t think Titania has any way to beat Sword Seth.

@Jotari You missed the Berkut vs Ashnard match up.

Enemy stats aren't included in my calculations, so it'd be a bit difficult. And as pointed out Ashnard's victory seems a bit like a forgone conclusion.

On 11/14/2020 at 6:16 PM, Jotari said:

Enemy stats aren't included in my calculations, so it'd be a bit difficult. And as pointed out Ashnard's victory seems a bit like a forgone conclusion.

Oh I see. and fair enough.

I want to see the two Armored Axe Lords; Hector(FE7) vs Edelgard (Emperor). Somehow their worlds cross and Hector finds himself as the leader of the Lycian Alliance defending his homeland from the Adrestian Empire, and faces off head to head against the

Spoiler

Flame Emperor

herself.

Edited by Whisky

30 minutes ago, Whisky said:

Oh I see. and fair enough.

I want to see the two Armored Axe Lords; Hector(FE7) vs Edelgard (Emperor). Somehow their worlds cross and Hector finds himself as the leader of the Lycian Alliance defending his homeland from the Adrestian Empire, and faces off head to head against the

Reveal hidden contents

Flame Emperor

herself.

Rightio

Physical Armads 18         5   75     13
Hector 57 31 0 25 22 15 32 13 57.5 40.5 20 15
Edelgard 60 33 21 21 18 19 28 15 51.5 36.5 20 7
Physical Aymr 24             60   20 11

Not much to add here except they both have a movement of five and 1 range weapon. So both of them have equal initiative. So two matches will be played with them taking turns who goes first.

Hector hit 96%    crit 1%

Edelgard hit 71%   crit 25%

Match 1

Spoiler

ROUND 1

Hector struck dealing 21 damage!

Edelgard missed!

Hector attacks again dealing 21 damage!

Hector 57HP     Edelgard 18HP

ROUND 2

Edelgard struck dealing 20 damage!

Hector counter attacks dealing 21 damage!

Edelgard is dead. Hector wins with 37 HP

Match 2

Spoiler

ROUND 1

Edelgard struck dealing 20 damage!

Hector counter attacks dealing 21 damage!

Hector attacks again dealing 21 damage!

ROUND 2

Hector struck dealing 21 damage!

Edelgard is dead. Hector wins with 37HP

So what's happening here? Well not matter whether Edelgard strikes first or second, she's still going down against Hector unless she can pull off a 1 in 4 crit (assuming she even hits). Hector can even whiff a miss and it wouldn't make any difference to him. Edelgard is better off letting Hector attack her first as that gives her two opportunities to try and crit. Edelgard is actually one of, if not the, best units in her game. Unfortunately her personal class just sort of sucks. In addition, her personal weapon is great in Three Houses because of its combat art art allowing her to strike again. Unfortunately that doesn't help her in this competition at all. As the balancing factor to Raging Storm is a pretty low hit on Aymr which is sucking for her here. And even if we let her use Raging Storm, that's an attack designed to defeat multiple enemies, here it would just give Edelgard the first attack in every round of combat (essentially making it the same as Vantage). And unfortunate for Edelgard, she's weighed down by her weapon enough that Hector has no problem doubling her. That more than anything else really is cementing Hector's victory (though he'd probably still win if he could only attack once due to Edelgard's lower hit rate, then again her crit rate kind of balances that out). Sucks for Edelgard. If she could be a wyvern lord she'd probably kick his ass.

Now obviously skills are going to help Edelgard way more than they will Hector. Axe prowess will solve her hit issues and a faire will increase her damage output (two if you want to count one on Emperor and one she can gain by getting S+ rank axes). What she really wants though is weight -3 or Darting Blow, neither she would get under my ruling system since her "Canon" class is Noble->Lord->Armoured Lord->Emperor (these are the classes I used to determine her stat gains). So even with skills it's not going to solve her biggest issue which is the fact that Hector can double her.

Wow, I didn't know Hector was so fast. I guess the Emperor class is really bad and slowing her down too much. '

Why does Armads only have 13 Wt though? Is that the FE6 version?

Also, Raging Storm adds stats including 14 Mt, enough for a 2RKO, and 10 Hit, which helps with her low accuracy. She would also have access to Lightning Axe to nearly 1HKO Hector by bypassing his Def (though that wouldn't matter here since it's still not quite a 1HKO), and Smash for a bonus 20 Hit and 20 Crit.

Also also, I just noticed your sig. I like it. (The hidden part)

30 minutes ago, Whisky said:

Wow, I didn't know Hector was so fast. I guess the Emperor class is really bad and slowing her down too much. '

Why does Armads only have 13 Wt though? Is that the FE6 version?

Also, Raging Storm adds stats including 14 Mt, enough for a 2RKO, and 10 Hit, which helps with her low accuracy. She would also have access to Lightning Axe to nearly 1HKO Hector by bypassing his Def (though that wouldn't matter here since it's still not quite a 1HKO), and Smash for a bonus 20 Hit and 20 Crit.

Also also, I just noticed your sig. I like it. (The hidden part)

Ah yes. Good catch. This is the Binding Blade version of Armads. I used all the original legendary weapons rather than the Blazing Blade ones when I made a weapon list. Armads is indeed heavier in Blazing Blade, though unlike Durandal it at least got the bonus of being more accurate too (not that that really helps Hector here as it would sent his accuract from 96%->100%). With Armads full 18 wt instead it would make Hector's attack speed 19 vs Edelgard's 14, so he'd still be doubling her. So Edelgard actually benefits from him using the original version as at least it gives her a 4% oppertunity to dodge.

regarding Hector's speed, it's less that he's fast and more that Edlegard is just super slow (as an Emperor). His average 20/20 speed is 21, which is 2 points below the average for his game (well 2.35), and 3 points below the average of the series, which gets it bumped up to 22 for these stat calculations. So he's a little below average, but not a whole lot below average. But this isn't all that different to how he functions in Blazing Blade. He can double most enemies in that game despite being much slower than Lyn and Eliwood. Enemy quality is not great in Blazing Blade and that's what makes Hector such a fantastic unit (and what makes Lyn such useless one).  He basically has everything except res, because his speed, while low, is still usually enough.

So it turns out, Edelgard completely crushes Hector with skills (which really isn’t fair for Hector since FE7 didn’t really have skills). 

So Axe Prowess 5 adds 20 Hit. That brings her up to 91% Hit which is pretty dang good. It also adds 10 Avoid which reduces Hector’s Hit to 86%, and it adds Crit Evade which removes Hector’s chance for a random win through a Crit.

Raging Storm adds another 10 Hit bringing her to 100% guaranteeing her victory if she attacks first because it also adds 14 Mt allowing her to 2HKO. If Hector attacks first then she counters with a normal attack, but that’s okay if she has Axe Faire (seriously, this is not fair for Hector) because that adds 5 damage, bringing her to 25 with a normal attack, and 39 with Raging Storm. Still a 2HKO. All she has to do is hit with a 91% attack which is pretty reliable.

Raging Storm is her best option but it’s not her only one. Lightning Axe let’s her bypass Hector’s Def and target his much lower Res instead. It adds 8 damage bringing her to 65 Atk, 70 with Axe Faire. Against Hector’s 13 Res, she will deal 52 damage + Axe Faire = 57 for a 1HKO.

Also, why doesn’t she get Weight -3/5? Since her class is armored, it would make sense for her to learn it (but she would still get doubled anyway).

Edited by Whisky

1 hour ago, Whisky said:

So it turns out, Edelgard completely crushes Hector with skills (which really isn’t fair for Hector since FE7 didn’t really have skills). 

So Axe Prowess 5 adds 20 Hit. That brings her up to 91% Hit which is pretty dang good. It also adds 10 Avoid which reduces Hector’s Hit to 86%, and it adds Crit Evade which removes Hector’s chance for a random win through a Crit.

Raging Storm adds another 10 Hit bringing her to 100% guaranteeing her victory if she attacks first because it also adds 14 Mt allowing her to 2HKO. If Hector attacks first then she counters with a normal attack, but that’s okay if she has Axe Faire (seriously, this is not fair for Hector) because that adds 5 damage, bringing her to 25 with a normal attack, and 39 with Raging Storm. Still a 2HKO. All she has to do is hit with a 91% attack which is pretty reliable.

Raging Storm is her best option but it’s not her only one. Lightning Axe let’s her bypass Hector’s Def and target his much lower Res instead. It adds 8 damage bringing her to 65 Atk, 70 with Axe Faire. Against Hector’s 13 Res, she will deal 52 damage + Axe Faire = 57 for a 1HKO.

Also, why doesn’t she get Weight -3/5? Since her class is armored, it would make sense for her to learn it (but she would still get doubled anyway).

Ah yes, the Weight- skills come from having an armour rank. For some reason there I thought they were class mastery skills for Fortress and Great Knight (which wouldn't really make sense if you could learn one without the other). Yeah so she could comfortably get Weight-5 to offset Aymr's speed loss.

Edited by Jotari

Next fight:

Seliph (Genealogy) vs Siegbert (Fates)

Seliph is looking for evidence of his father's killer. Meanwhile, Siegbert is also looking to establish himself as a worthy heir to Xander. Seeking to recruit Siegbert, Seliph offers to hire him. However, Siegbert is more interested in a duel. Who wins?

Seliph. Easily Seliph.

Tyrfing is absurd: 30 Mt, +10 Skill, +3 (Effective) Speed, and Genealogy Miracle. If that last one comes into play, then it's GG for Siegbert.

If we assume Siegbert gets Siegfried, then it gets interesting... But I'd still bet on Seliph.

one does not simply pit a Main Lord character that can fight final boss single handedly against a side character (thats not even canon in story? didnt finish fate to know what children doing there)

Edited by joevar

18 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Next fight:

Seliph (Genealogy) vs Siegbert (Fates)

Seliph is looking for evidence of his father's killer. Meanwhile, Siegbert is also looking to establish himself as a worthy heir to Xander. Seeking to recruit Siegbert, Seliph offers to hire him. However, Siegbert is more interested in a duel. Who wins?

I don't have any stats for Gen 2 Genealogy characters. Need to get the averages of all the gen 2 units and I can't find them anywhere. I'm pretty sure there used to be calculators and stuff but they've vanished in recent years as far as I can find.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I don't have any stats for Gen 2 Genealogy characters. Need to get the averages of all the gen 2 units and I can't find them anywhere. I'm pretty sure there used to be calculators and stuff but they've vanished in recent years as far as I can find.

The stats of the Gen 2 characters all vary, depending on their parents, the levels their parents where at, etc. I could do some poking around attempt to get those averages, but it would take a damn long time to manually calculate all the Characters with their potential parents. But I do have a lot of spare time, so... I'll get back to you on that one. For now, I need sleep.

Edit: Before I go to sleep, Seliph's Lv30 Stats (Assuming Sigurd & Dierdre where at Lv30) are as follows:

76.6 Hp, 23.95 Strength, 11.7 Magic, 22 Skill (Capped, would be 27.4 otherwise), 20.15 Speed, 23.05 Luck and Defense, and 12.7 Resistance.

I assume you will need all the other Gen 2 character stats to get their average before you could do this duel. Do you need the Substitutes averages, as well?

Edited by L3xandr3
did some quick calculations