A Prequel

As it's mentioned on the 'Legendary Heroes' page there is very little known about Magvel's legendary heroes.

Magvel is the only FE continent which didn't get at least two games.

Fomortiis is forever destroyed, so there is no need for a sequel.

What are your thoughts about a Sacred Stones prequel?

Edited by Ike-Mike

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what to think about a prequel. Sacred Stones wasn't interesting enough for me to want to know what happened way back when. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing things like branching promotions make a comeback. Either way, I think the odds of seeing another Magvel game are very low.

Oh, when you said "prequel" I thought:

Like when the time Garcia used to fought in the army, when a younger Joshua left Jehanna, when Gilliam was younger.

and when Fado was prince of Renais.

I remember when Path of Radiance was first announced in Japan that nobody had even heard of Sacred Stones. So my feeling on this is they pulled this out of their asses as quickly as they could and called it a day. As such, I think a prequel is very, very unlikely.

But then again, they somehow managed to make a prequel to FE 6, so even then there could be some surprises waiting for us...

That'd be pretty cool. It could be, like, with 5 different lords, and have 5 different paths, or it could have something like 2 or 3 different paths, which branch out into two more paths each.

However, since there would be no human enemes, the game just wouldn't work. Even if Nintendo did hammer out that problem, it'd just be a bunch of emotionless, storyless monster killing.

So, no. Sacred Stones SHOULD get a prequel, but can't.

I remember when Path of Radiance was first announced in Japan that nobody had even heard of Sacred Stones. So my feeling on this is they pulled this out of their asses as quickly as they could and called it a day. As such, I think a prequel is very, very unlikely.

But then again, they somehow managed to make a prequel to FE 6, so even then there could be some surprises waiting for us...

I blame SSBM for FE7.

Although yes, I remember that episode. "Wait, if this GBA FE will be released before FE8, then does that make it the actual FE8 while FE9 will be the one with catgirls?"

FE8 feels horribly rushed, so I agree with the idea that they made it and forgot it.

That'd be pretty cool. It could be, like, with 5 different lords, and have 5 different paths, or it could have something like 2 or 3 different paths, which branch out into two more paths each.

However, since there would be no human enemes, the game just wouldn't work. Even if Nintendo did hammer out that problem, it'd just be a bunch of emotionless, storyless monster killing.

So, no. Sacred Stones SHOULD get a prequel, but can't.

I get mighty, mighty Gaiden vibes from Sacred Stones.

I blame SSBM for FE7.

Although yes, I remember that episode. "Wait, if this GBA FE will be released before FE8, then does that make it the actual FE8 while FE9 will be the one with catgirls?"

FE8 feels horribly rushed, so I agree with the idea that they made it and forgot it.

Actually, FE6 came out after SSB:M was released in Japan; the way I understand it is that Roy was included in Melee to clue the Japanese audiences to 'hey, we're coming back to this series! And honestly? I'm glad that SSB:M introduced us to Fire Emblem: it grows on us rather quickly.

And yeah, FE8's plotline does feel a little generic now that I think about it. But considering they rushed it, they did a good job of making it a real game that is enjoyable to some... XD

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

I think that Sacred Stones is the second best Fire Emblem. It doesn't seem so choppy to me, except for the fact that it isn't obnoxiously long like Radiant Dawn, and it doesn't have enough characters to make my head spin.

Even when SSBM was responsible for it, Blazing Sword feels very complete and well crafted while Sacred Stones isn't.

I'm not saying FE7 is rushed or anything; It's the most refined GBA Fire Emblem. I'm just randomly (read: without factual evidence) blaming SSBM for the fact they decided to make it, and using that as an argument as to why there won't be a FE8 prequel.

I think that Sacred Stones is the second best Fire Emblem.

Out of how many?

Edited by TheEnd

I'm not saying FE7 is rushed or anything; It's the most refined GBA Fire Emblem. I'm just randomly (read: without factual evidence) blaming SSBM for the fact they decided to make it, and using that as an argument as to why there won't be a FE8 prequel.

More like blame SSBM for the fact that they decided to take FE out of Japan and into America as well, right?

But yeah, that's a pretty stupid argument for there being no prequel to FE8...

OK guys let's make a prequel to Dark Dragon featuring Anri, a prequel to Holy War featuring the 12 crusaders, a prequel to Sword of Seals recounting the events of the scouring, and a prequel to Path of Radience about the 3 heroes!

In fact, every minor detail in the fictional histories of Fire Emblem is important and deserves a game for itself!

Hmm, they don't have any mage girls within the 12 Crusaders : /

Anyway, I don't really care for another game in Magvel. I'm sure, if they wanted, IS could do something cool, like they did with FE7, though.

Edited by VincentASM

Hmm, they don't have any mage girls within the 12 Crusaders : /

What was the gender and class of that lopto crusader, again? (Damn, can't remember the name even though I replayed the game recently...)

It seems it's a man, indeed (マイラ王子, according to Pegasus Knight), but well... THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY DIDN'T HAVE MAGE GIRL SIDEKICKS/LOVERS, DOES IT

Edited by TheEnd

If they make an FE8 Prequel, I'll probably play it...granted, it will be lowest priority. Due to FE8's suckishness.

You make it sound like FE8 is unplayable. :/ It's actually a solid game. The only problems I can think of at the moment would be the difficulty and length.