Something above "Royal"?

Mufasa

It's not really essential, but because there are more and more members becoming Royals, do you think there can be something above that? I mean, it's not THAT important, but eventually we're just gonna have a bunch of Royals sitting around.

I dunno, I guess it's not really important, but it would be kinda neat.

Something higher than a Royal :blink:

Nah, there aren't many royals...so I don't think there is need for one...if we had like 30-50 members that are Royal then I guess something above a Royal can be considered...I think =/

Edited by Luxord

I think it'll just encourage more elitism.

I dunno. Postcount doesn't seem to really affect how much people are respected or viewed as elitist. I mean, people disrespect me all the time, and I have the second highest postcount.

I'm against this. I mean, if Fox wasn't in the Moderator group, there would be only seven Royals. It just promotes elitism. I believe that the Royal group is enough to prove that a member has been within the community a long time. Any further, and I'd have to agree with the elitism theory that Cynthia spoke of.

I don't think it would really promote Elitism. At least no more than it is already.

I personally don't really care about elitism too much, so I don't really notice it too much. Perhaps it's a bigger issue than I think, but I don't see how adding something above Royal would promote more elitism.

There are only 7 people in the Royal group. Technically only 6, as those are the ones that have passed into the group through post count. Until that numbers gets significantly larger, I see no reason whatsoever to make a new level for higher post counts. If people aren't readily hitting Royal, why make something even higher up?

Later on, if this becomes a real issue, I see two ways to fix this. One is restructure the groups so that there's more intermediary groups in there, and Royals are boosted to a higher postcount. (I can't really think of a way to get a higher usergroup than royals, so it seems like the best option would be to replace royal with something else and create a higher group with the royal name)

The other one would be to raise the postcount requirements for every group. so instead of X number of posts to reach a group, it could be X plus 500 or 1000 or something along those lines.

Thats my two cents (a penny for each thought), but tbh i don't think it will be an issue in the near future.

I stated, to those who asked, that a rank above Royal might be considered one day. That day still hasn't come though, and probably won't for a long time if ever.

That's fair. I wasn't really suggesting that it was essential. It would just be somewhat cool. I can understand if the answer is no for now. It's not really something I had my heart set on.

*Goes to the bathroom to cry.*

*Closes.*