I've officially given up on this game.

I've officially given up on this game, and I see no reason to play it more than one time. Easy mode is far too easy. In normal mode, Part One, the very part introducing the game, is frustrating beyond belief, even with abusing Battle Saves. And after that, the rest of the game is laughably easy.

And what about Hard mode? At least in my opinion, it's so bad that it makes the game worse. Hard mode is even more frustrating than anything in the game, and the player is entirely at the mercy of the RNG, and every enemy is overpowered. The only other thing to do in the entire game after beating it, is playing it again. IT's nice to play it a second time, but after that, it's the same frustrating or boring thing every time.

The difficulty of levels in the game is very imbalanced. I have never heard of a game that is so hard at first and then so simple at the end. The only thing I can say was well done is the storyline, which is still too happy. It doesn't help the game at all that a large handful of almost-invincible units are given out near the end. Along the way, there are also unts that are cleary terrible no matter what happens.

And this is why I've given up the game.

/rant

Well, this is all fine and good, except you're completely missing the point of higher difficulties.

The point of the harder difficulties is to test your skills against stronger opponents. If you're getting frustrated, you're probably not conforming to the fact that you need better strategies against stronger, more intelligent foes. You say you're intelligent, yet you can't seem to formulate a good strategy to get through the game on normal?

So really, you failing difficult modes really comes down to you being incompetent. Use your brain that you claim to have, and we should be fine.

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

Well, this is all fine and good, except you're completely missing the point of higher difficulties.

The point of the harder difficulties is to test your skills against stronger opponents. If you're getting frustrated, you're probably not conforming to the fact that you need better strategies against stronger, more intelligent foes. You say you're intelligent, yet you can't seem to formulate a good strategy to get through the game on normal?

And also, to put it into perspective; you think PoR's normal mode is hard? You really need to see Radiant Dawn's normal mode. That is the epitome of difficult normal modes in video games. Is it beatable? Most definitely. It's all a matter of how you manage your troops and the other things like that.

So really, you failing difficult modes really comes down to you being incompetent. Use your brain that you claim to have, and we should be fine.

Normal is too hard in the beginning and too easy at the end. The game overall is either too easy or too hard/frustrating, and at almost no point is it in the middle. If the difficulty was balanced, the game would be better.

Normal is too hard in the beginning and too easy at the end. The game overall is either too easy or too hard/frustrating, and at almost no point is it in the middle. If the difficulty was balanced, the game would be better.

Oh, really? The end is too easy?

What about the Dragon chapter at the end? That chapter is hard as hell on Normal, and it took me 5-6 retries to get through it without anybody dying on me. What about Ashera, where you have to take down all those shields and somehow work out miracles in the midst of those AOE attacks and the singular attacks that leave huge mark on you? And also, let's not forget what happens if you've neglected certain units throughout the game during the entirety of Part 4...

And why the hell did I think this was the Path of Radiance board?

Oh, really? The end is too easy?

What about the Dragon chapter at the end? That chapter is hard as hell on Normal, and it took me 5-6 retries to get through it without anybody dying on me. What about Ashera, where you have to take down all those shields and somehow work out miracles in the midst of those AOE attacks and the singular attacks that leave huge mark on you? And also, let's not forget what happens if you've neglected certain units throughout the game during the entirety of Part 4...

And why the hell did I think this was the Path of Radiance board?

4-E-3 wasn't that hard on Normal (except fighting Dheginsea) even without overpowered Laguz Royals.

I've officially given up on this game, and I see no reason to play it more than one time. Easy mode is far too easy. In normal mode, Part One, the very part introducing the game, is frustrating beyond belief, even with abusing Battle Saves. And after that, the rest of the game is laughably easy.

And what about Hard mode? At least in my opinion, it's so bad that it makes the game worse. Hard mode is even more frustrating than anything in the game, and the player is entirely at the mercy of the RNG, and every enemy is overpowered. The only other thing to do in the entire game after beating it, is playing it again. IT's nice to play it a second time, but after that, it's the same frustrating or boring thing every time.

The difficulty of levels in the game is very imbalanced. I have never heard of a game that is so hard at first and then so simple at the end. The only thing I can say was well done is the storyline, which is still too happy. It doesn't help the game at all that a large handful of almost-invincible units are given out near the end. Along the way, there are also unts that are cleary terrible no matter what happens.

And this is why I've given up the game.

/rant

You've never played Kid Icarus, have you?

Look, this is great for you, but I doubt anyone cares. Why make a topic in the first place? >_>

Edited by ChaosNinji

Really? For some reason, I found it difficult to play without some people getting killed.

It helps if you pay attention to the tiles. Standing on Wardwood is helpful for the White Dragons and standing on whatever the tile that boosts defense was called is helpful for dealing with Red Dragons. That's what helps me.

I may have given up on my first playthrough, anyway. Characters that have more than 10 res or def get dead from one of Ashera's one hit moves at 45 HP or so, despite that from all the numbers I can see the first hit is 50 mt of magic. 64 hours for nothing apparently.

Oh, and everybody who implied that you don't need laguz royals? Screw you guys.

I agree about the beginning being too hard part. No wonder why so many casuals give up on this game. The parts after that aren't exactly easy either, you still need a brain to beat them. Though Endgame can be as easy or hard as you want, depending on how many Royals you bring.

I've gotten to Ashera without laguz royals or a Fortify staff. On Normal Mode.

The absence of a fortify and decent healing was a kick in the balls, though. Worst birthday ever!

High score: five walls down.

Edited by Lord Raven

If nothing else, Gareth IS useful in the last battle against Ashera in at least Normal mode. He can take Ashera's Magic attack and not die if he's on Wardwood. Just heal him and use him as a meatshield! That's how I beat her without anyone dying.

Gareth's ded. I killed him and Nasir to try to weaken Dheginsea, which is why I have only one Nihil, which is part of why I'm thoroughly screwed.

I've gotten to Ashera without laguz royals or a Fortify staff.

The absence of a fortify and decent healing was a kick in the balls, though. Worst birthday ever!

I don't think i can do it without royals. It would be way too hard.

It helps if you pay attention to the tiles. Standing on Wardwood is helpful for the White Dragons and standing on whatever the tile that boosts defense was called is helpful for dealing with Red Dragons. That's what helps me.

Even when I paid attention to the tiles, I still found it to be hard. It's probably because when I get to Dheginsea, all the dragons on the side of him come and screw up my progress on that chapter... :(

If nothing else, Gareth IS useful in the last battle against Ashera in at least Normal mode. He can take Ashera's Magic attack and not die if he's on Wardwood. Just heal him and use him as a meatshield! That's how I beat her without anyone dying.

Strange. In my playthroughs of the game, Ashera went straight for Ena. And she did not survive one attack, so yeah.

And then I wound up having to use battlesave abuse to get Ike to finish her off since he had a 41 percent chance of hitting her...

Don't worry about it. If you're not having fun with it, then there's no point in playing. But I honestly don't think part 1 is that hard. A few chapters are but I'm sure you could figure out a strategy to get you by easier. As for the rest of the game, the GM chapters are easy cause almost all of them are good units. But I always find part 4 challenging cause a bunch of my characters are usually still 2nd tier. It makes it frustrating and fun at the same time.

Endgame isn't that hard without laguz royals. I think its more fun since you need to use strategy instead of sending a royal into the middle of a bunch of enemies.