Things that don't make sense

Knife

Thanks, it makes more sense now. Two more questions:

1. Why don't catapults do more damage? Assuming that a pretty big rock is thrown on top of the characters, you'd think it hurt a lot more especially since most of them don't wear helmets.

2. If ballistae can break, why can't catapults?

1. I vaguely recall catapults. Is their damage fixed on every character or is it affected by a person's DEF? If the former, then indeed it doesn't make sense. If the latter, probably because they're like crossbows? As you said, they may be soft rocks lol.

2. Yeah this one doesn't make much sense. Going back to this point:

3. Perhaps the ammunition is different or the Ballistae break more easily than a regular bow >_>

I'm more inclined to just go with the ammunition being different (rather than the ballista breaking more easily than a bow) due to the Shooters in FEDS packing big arrows with explosives and other effects in them (based on the attack animation). Catapult ammo is just rocks and those are certainly not scarce.

Edited by Boo

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the bridge chapters in PoR and RD, you can have a flier hover over the hole and the units somehow avoid the hole by going under/over(???) the flier to dodge the hole

1. I vaguely recall catapults. Is their damage fixed on every character or is it affected by a person's DEF? If the former, then indeed it doesn't make sense. If the latter, probably because they're like crossbows? As you said, they may be soft rocks lol.

Damage from catapults is based on a character's defense so it probably works like crossbows. Either those rocks are soft or the characters are wearing more armor than they appear cause it barely makes a dent in a character's HP unless they have really low defense.

Having a boulder run over you only takes off 10 HP. Seriously, you should be severely injured, if not dead. Maybe they're soft boulders?

Why are crossbows so weak? Having an arrow fired at you at top speed should take off as much damage as a normal bow, maybe a little more/less.

Edited by KSFF2150

Er, wrong game.

Valter is from FE8. I think you meant for Narshen, not Valter. ^^;;

There is a Boss on FE6 called Valter, or Walter, I think. It's a Dark Mage.

--------------

Well, it sounds I made an error, the guy's name was Wagner. Pretty similiar, though. :P

Damage from catapults is based on a character's defense so it probably works like crossbows. Either those rocks are soft or the characters are wearing more armor than they appear cause it barely makes a dent in a character's HP unless they have really low defense.

Having a boulder run over you only takes off 10 HP. Seriously, you should be severely injured, if not dead. Maybe they're soft boulders?

1. Why are crossbows so weak? Having an arrow fired at you at top speed should take off as much damage as a normal bow, maybe a little more/less.

Eh I don't know much about Xbows and Bows so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbow#Comp...nventional_bows

"lower efficiency of the acceleration system." Perhaps it's this?

Umm, us super villains like myself hire orchestras to perform our themes when we are fighting. You actually have a traveling orchestra with you.

you should get some of them to fight, they are probably better than you

Edited by canas is back

1. They probably make enough.

2. IS must've found the Shooter class to be quite an asset for the player since this class only exists in FE1, FEDS and as the limited ballistae you see throughout the series. Being able to buy catapults/Ballistae would be much like having the Shooter class.

3. Perhaps the ammunition is different or the Ballistae break more easily than a regular bow >_>

Problem with #2 though. The FE1 shooter only have 2 range. The series director must have been fond of that basically tank class as Tear Ring Saga has a similar class.

It wasn't until FE3 enemies got proper long range (FE2 had archers with 1-5 range thoughand you could mages up to 5 range with a special item). FE5 was the first time the player had that sort of range in thier hands forgetting staves, though FE3 silence staves silenced the entire battlefield for a turn...including your units and FE4 status staves had 10 range

Why do keys (door, chest, bridge) have limited uses? They shouldn't just break after several uses. Not to mention, a lockpick seems like it should be weaker that a key...

Why do dead units just disappear? They should just leave a bunch of bloody corpses on the ground. But...why doesn't anyone bleed when they have a sword or an axe slashed through them?

Why do keys (door, chest, bridge) have limited uses? They shouldn't just break after several uses. Not to mention, a lockpick seems like it should be weaker that a key...

Why do dead units just disappear? They should just leave a bunch of bloody corpses on the ground. But...why doesn't anyone bleed when they have a sword or an axe slashed through them?

The whole key thing seems to be a problem with most videogames, apparently.

And also, there are no bloody corpses because of two things:

1) They'd decrease your movement by quite a lot.

2) It's Nintendo, master of the child-friendly entertainment. What else did you expect? ;)

you should get some of them to fight, they are probably better than you

I can always change my name back to Snow_Storm . . .

Speaking of which, does anyone find it strange that your characters can withstand meteorites, dragons, swords in thier guts, but something like the weather can kill a character?

How can you burn and extinguish a torch without doing anything?

And how does a bush give you 1 extra DEFENSE? The 10 avoid is understandable

Why don't characters take extra damage (like poison except in this case burn) for being burned by fire magic?

Why don't whispers have a +critical skill to make up for their low strength cap and weak knives?

Why wasn't Largo playable in FE10? If they didn't want to make a new class for him, they could've just made him a Reaver.

Edited by KSFF2150

Why wasn't Largo playable in FE10? If they didn't want to make a new class for him, they could've just made him a Reaver.

Especially when they said something along the lines of "Brom hung up his lance forever and started using axes instead," the argument that Largo wasn't included as a playable unit because Berserkers don't exist in FE10 is kind of weak.

Then again, we don't need more playable characters.

Yes, but my point is why Brighton can't use axes unmounted? Ignoring the game's engine for a while, mind you.

He probably only learned how to whack down axes on people from a horse, not how to use them in close combat.

Why do FE5 Heroes from the last few chapters have the ability to FREEZE YOUR GAME?

What's the point of Recover Ring in FE4?

That ring only appears ONCE on NPC!Alvis' inventory in Prologue chapter. That's it. No more.

It's not like those barbarians could even graze Alvis, if he doesn't get hurt he doesn't need to be healed. So what's the point of this ring? Show off?

It's not that I'm unthankful that this ring never fall to an enemy's hand, I'm just being bitter that I couldn't get such a wonderful ring without cheating. :'(

What's the point of Recover Ring in FE4?

That ring only appears ONCE on NPC!Alvis' inventory in Prologue chapter. That's it. No more.

It's not like those barbarians could even graze Alvis, if he doesn't get hurt he doesn't need to be healed. So what's the point of this ring? Show off?

It's not that I'm unthankful that this ring never fall to an enemy's hand, I'm just being bitter that I couldn't get such a wonderful ring without cheating. :'(

Wrong, it also appears in Chapter 5. Trabant has it in his inventory. :P

Wrong, it also appears in Chapter 5. Trabant has it in his inventory. :P

Oh really? I didn't notice it then.

Lenster's knights tend to die quickly. ._.

Recovery ring is that one that you recover like 8 Hp per turn, right?

I think Faval had this ring, and Celice also had one, too.

That was Life Ring. ;_;

Recover Ring will fully recover all of your HP per turn.