1. 1. <_<

• Laura
    • Rhys
    • Neither because I go for Oliver!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laura wins in usefulness. She serves a critical part healing the Dawn Brigade. Rhys can easily be replaced by Mist. Oliver is the best as a healer because of his high HP, higher than normal defense, and good res.

Rhys is overpowered by Mist, and Laura is simply alot better in terms of stats and everything else. Rhys is much too fragile, he can't even dodge, whereas Laura may be able to dodge a few hits later on.

I like Rhys more for his personality and cause he's with the GMs. Laura's probably better but my fave characters aren't based on whose better. Mist only overpowers Rhys after she promotes. She can't heal as much damage as Rhys can and it's not hard at all to keep Rhys protected. At least Rhys can weaken the enemy if you ever need to. Anyways, I only use them for healing so it doesn't matter much.

Damn it, I misread the topic title again (I did this on the PoR board in the best character topic). Ok, Laura is the best saint but she's not my fave. It doesn't matter to me if a character is the best in their class if I don't like them or care for them. I'd rather use characters I actually like over characters that are statistically better but don't do anything for me.

Laura for utility, growths and being quite essential for Part 1.

Rhys for his availability I suppose.

Oliver for the music and just because he's Oliver.

Micaiah fulfils the Saint role fine as it is and Laura already has a lot of votes, so I'll go for Oliver just because of his music :o

Edited by Drayano

I'll say Laura for usefulness mostly. I hate, hate, hate, HATE healers. I can never protect them well, and they always die at least once on every playthrough. Rhys is not really needed at all in RD. The Greil Mercenaries are monsters and shouldn't be taking all that much damage anyways. And the wealth of vulneraries, herbs, and concoctions make Rhys obsolete. Seriously, though, vulneraries healing 20 health is WAY too cheap. Laura will actually be needed with how tough the Dawn Brigade levels are. And Oliver, lol. The only reason to use him is to bask in his awsomeness.

Edited by Ragnell

Hmmm, as much as I want to vote for Oliver, Laura also has her perks.... Oliver is durable, but Laura can grow more...... Rhys is nice, too, but the Greil Mercenaries don't need healing as much..... I'll just do a coin flip, if heads, Laura, if tails, Oliver.

Oh, I got tails, by the way, so I'm one of the currently 6 Oliver voters.

Edited by Kintenbo

?_?...Someone actually prefer Oliver>>>>>Rhys?

He's durable, he's got an awesome theme, and he has a free Silence Staff, which is nice when you're in Magic User City. (Sephiran and Ashera fights). All Rhys has is fangirls. (such as my sister) Not to mention Oliver gets hilarious conversations with people!

Edited by Kintenbo

He's durable, he's got an awesome theme, and he has a free Silence Staff, which is nice when you're in Magic User City. (Sephiran and Ashera fights). All Rhys has is fangirls. (such as my sister) Not to mention Oliver gets hilarious conversations with people!

The Silence staff can go to anyone, his defensive capabilities still fail, and a theme doesn't make him a better fighter, so...your point?

The Silence staff can go to anyone, his defensive capabilities still fail, and a theme doesn't make him a better fighter, so...your point?

How can you deny Beauty is a Mad Mistress, wench!? Still, as far as durability goes, it's better than getting one hit whacked by your opponents. Still, I admit I don't use Saints much, but choosing Oliver or Laura as who I like better can be rough. Might as well go with the shenanigan reasoning!

How can you deny Beauty is a Mad Mistress, wench!? Still, as far as durability goes, it's better than getting one hit whacked by your opponents. Still, I admit I don't use Saints much, but choosing Oliver or Laura as who I like better can be rough. Might as well go with the shenanigan reasoning!

The title is Best, not Favorite....And I've come to like Beauty is a Mad Mistress

Beauty is a Mad Mistress=Epic. need I say more? And Laura is super underleveled. Rhys is good, but the GMs don't really need that much healing. So Oliver FTW... if you don't like having your healers getting one-shot by everything.