Calvin and Hobbes.

Oguma

lol!

i have the 10th anniversary collection book and the Sunday strip ones!

they are the most awesome evah!

too bad the creator doesn't make the strip anymore.... :(

Kidding, I loved those comics! It was just about being innocent and care free. That why I loved it.

....You're joking right? Try reading through it again. Its one of those great pieces of work that appeals to both kids and adults. Kids because of the humor and outrageous situations in it, and adults because of the commentary on society (and the humor and outrageous situations). I'm serious. The message isn't spoon-fed to you like it is with Doonesbury, and its not in every strip (or even every week), but when Waterson wanted to make a point he managed to shoehorn it in and make it subtle enough to still be funny.

I was borderline obsessed with the series when I was a kid, but I haven't picked up one of my old anthologies in a long while. Maybe I should, eh?

Eheh, I found the first two to be funnier. The last one doesn't make sense to me.

Anything with big/uncommon words does. :[

in the first panel, Calvin basically asks his father if he supports him because he failed in life and wants to live through Calvin by helping him achieve accomplishments

in the second panel, his father says that if he was, he would reconsider his plan basically, he's hinting that Calvin fails in everything

that's why Calvin says his father is insulting him