3 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your preferred semi final matches

• Tibarn vs Byleth
    • Tibarn vs Claude
    • Tibarn vs Dimitri
    • Claude vs Byleth
    • Claude vs Dimitri
    • Dimitri vs Byleth

This next round will be close... I think I'll give the edge to Corrin for having more options than Sigurd, but it's gonna be rough.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Benice said:

This next round will be close... I think I'll give the edge to Corrin for having more options than Sigurd, but it's gonna be rough.

I think Omega Yato will be Corrin's best bet. The Magic damage from Drgaonstone or a tome attack will probably dink off of Tyrfing's colossal res boost. Omega Yato is just a really good weapon in general though as it grants a lot of stat boosts. So despite Corrin's versatility, I expect it'll always be the best weapon to use.

The community is in favor of Corrin winning. Which surprises me a bit. Sigurd certainly feels better than Corrin when playing through their respective games, but let's see how the data leans.

Day 16: Corrin vs Sigurd

ROUND 1: Iron Weapons

Spoiler

Corrin (Nohr Noble) 52 24 22 23 24 20 18 12 56 46 21.5 NA 6.29056789
  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Hit Eva Crit Weight/Con Move
Sigurd 60 30 0 26 22 25 22 6 64.5 45.5 25.5 0 8.515936246

Corrin's going to game this one and bring fire while Sigurd is going to use that lance rank Awakening is proud of. Sigurd has 99% hit and 6% crit, while Corrin has 100% hit and 0% crit.

Sigurd struck dealing 19 damage!
Corrin (Nohr Noble) counter attacks dealing 20 damage!

Sigurd HP = 40
Corrin (Nohr Noble) HP = 33

Corrin (Nohr Noble) struck dealing 20 damage!
Sigurd counter attacks dealing 19 damage!

Corrin (Nohr Noble) HP = 14
Sigurd HP = 20

Sigurd struck dealing 19 damage!

Sigurd HP = 20
Corrin (Nohr Noble) is dead.

One might think that bringing a lance to this fight wasn't a good idea on Sigurd's part, as a below 100% hit isn't worth the 2mt, but with an Iron Sword Sigurd deals 17 damage per hit. Meaning after three hits Sigurd deals 51 damage, just 1 point shy of securing a kill. So while Corrin's magic tome obviously provides for a great advantage against a Tyrfingless Sigurd, Sigurd's backup weapon type also happens to come in useful.

ROUND 2: Weapons, no skills

Spoiler

Physical Omega Yato 20     4 10 4 4 85 10 10 0  
Corrin (Nohr Noble) 52 24 22 23 24 20 18 12 56 46 21.5 NA 6.29056789
Sigurd 60 30 0 26 22 25 22 6 64.5 45.5 25.5 0 8.515936246
Physical Tyrfing 30   10 10     20 80     7  

Sigurd has 89% hit chance while Corrin has 96% hit chance and a 7% crit chance.

Sigurd struck dealing 38 damage!
Corrin (Nohr Noble) counter attacks dealing 22 damage!

Sigurd HP = 38
Corrin (Nohr Noble) HP = 14

Corrin (Nohr Noble) struck dealing 22 damage!
Sigurd counter attacks dealing 38 damage!

Corrin (Nohr Noble) is dead.
Sigurd HP = 16

Corrin is dealing very respectable damage, but the Tyrfing's 30 might is even better tan Omega Yato's 20. This means Sigurd progresses without a skills round. Corrin might be able to secure a kill in a skills round, as they have access to Dragonfang proc. Draconic hex would also be useful, as it would allow Corrin to double, unfortunately it only comes into affect after the first round of combat, and the reduction in damage it gives Corrin won't let them survive another attack from Sigurd, so all the cards would come down to that Dragonfang proc or a crit.

Sigurd wins 2:0

WeGA5cx.png

Join us tomorrow for Alm vs Edelgard rematch!

Rematch time!

Day 17: Alm vs Edelgard

So I'll preface this to say why they're having a rematch. The reason is two fold. The first is that there's been a change to the way the first round works that could significantly benefit Alm. The second is that, for the third round, I forgot Alm has access to Scendscale to our prioritize Edelgard. So let's see if these two advantages are enough to change the result.

Spoiler

Alm 59 28 0 36 30 29 27 8 86.5 59.5 32.5 0 5.509213142
Edelgard 61 33 21 20 18 18 28 15 49 36 19 7.29 6.04184991

I'm going to decide not to have weapon triangle play a role in the first round. Since it's meant to be the most pure comparison of stats. It could also give us a scenario where units continuously change weapons.  Which is fun for rounds 2 and 3, but I'm opting out of for round 1.

Edelgard has 65% hit, Alm has 100% hit and 15% crit

Edelgard missed!
Alm counter attacks dealing 5 damage!
Alm attacks again dealing 5 damage!
Edelgard HP = 51
Alm HP = 59

Alm struck dealing 5 damage!
Edelgard counter attacks dealing 14 damage!
Alm HP = 45
Edelgard HP = 41

Edelgard struck dealing 14 damage!
Boom! Critical! Alm dealt 15 damage!
Edelgard HP = 21
Alm HP = 31

Edelgard missed!
Alm HP = 31
Edelgard HP = 11

Edelgard struck dealing 14 damage!
Alm counter attacks dealing 5 damage!
Edelgard HP = 1
Alm HP = 17

Alm HP = 17
Edelgard is dead.

It was a hard fought battle, but with the ability to actually deal damage, Alm managed to secure the win. Edelgard's damage out put was higher than Alm's even when doubling, but lower accudacy and a surprisingly good crit rate for Alm managed to let the emperor of Rigel triumph of Adrestia.

Spoiler

Physical Falchion (SoV) 12             100     1  
Edelgard 61 33 21 20 18 18 28 15 49 36 19 7.29 6.04184991
Physical Aymr 24             60   20 11  

Alm's hit and crit remains the same. With the addition of weapon triangle and a less accurate weapon, Edelgard's hit plummets to a very tough 35%. At least she has a 10% crit rate now.

Edelgard struck dealing 30 damage!
Alm counter attacks dealing 12 damage!
Alm attacks again dealing 12 damage!
Edelgard HP = 37
Alm HP = 29

Alm struck dealing 12 damage!
Edelgard missed!
Boom! Critical! Alm dealt 36 damage!
Alm HP = 29
Edelgard is dead.

Edelgard made Alm sweat for a bit there by connecting with her first hit and dealing enough damage to leave Alm at risk of dying from just another hit, but lady luck smiled on Alm too, giving him a crit to finish the fight early. The winner is Alm.

Alm wins, 2:0

Now that wraps up round 1. The polls are in saying subsequent rounds should be radomized. So I'll leave who will be fighting tomorrow up to that random chance. After the next fight I'll post the new brackets.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

To be fair, if Falchion is counted as the heal, Alm could take another hit with the weapon giving +5 HP after that round. Unless I am missing something.

Not that it mattered here, but still.

I was taking the Falchion heal to be a skill, so only applicable in the skills round. Perhaps slightly unfairly a decision given I allow units who can heal with their weapon to do so in the second rounds. But it seems different enough to auto heal given using a weapon to heal gives up their turn completely.

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm pulling for Roy in this one! Hope he doesn't get Dimitri'd.

Roy passing the second round would depend pretty heavily on who he goes up against. Binding Blade healing is a pretty solid strategy, but as Leif showed, it's not invincible if you're facing a foe that can kill you before you can use it. Ryoma, the enemy Roy was going to face, might have been able to do just that. Still, there are a lot of other fighters still in play he can beat. I expect the finale will probably come down to Dimitri vs Sigurd, though. Ryoma and Claude are wild cards that could mess people up though.

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I was taking the Falchion heal to be a skill, so only applicable in the skills round. Perhaps slightly unfairly a decision given I allow units who can heal with their weapon to do so in the second rounds. But it seems different enough to auto heal given using a weapon to heal gives up their turn completely.

Fair, though it is innate to the weapon like those or stat boosts on other weapons I can get the argument because it's not taking the action to heal.

DAY 18: Ryoma vs Robin

And we're back for the second round of the tourney. First is Ryoma's speed against Robin's "being able to deal magic damage", which might actually be pretty dangerous for Ryoma. Let's see how it goes for them.

Spoiler

Ryoma 55 25 0 24 29 23 17 12 59.5 55 23.5 NA 6.29056789
Robin 45 25 28 19 21 19 17 13 47.5 41 19 NA 6.288777689

Ryoma has 100% hit and 5% crit, while Robin has 68% hit.

Ryoma struck dealing 13 damage!
Robin counter attacks dealing 20 damage!
Ryoma attacks again dealing 13 damage!
Ryoma HP = 35
Robin HP = 19

Robin struck dealing 20 damage!
Ryoma counter attacks dealing 13 damage!
Ryoma attacks again dealing 13 damage!
Robin is dead.
Ryoma HP = 15

A valiant effort on Robin's part, dealing a high level of damage, but Ryoma's doubling and larger HP pool in general was more than enough to take the Tactician down. The winner is, Robin.

ROUND 2: Weapons, no skills (except Ryoma's crit and evade boost)

Spoiler

Physical Raijinto 15     1   -1 -1 80 10 5 0  
Ryoma 55 25 0 24 29 23 17 12 59.5 55 23.5 NA 6.29056789
Robin 45 25 28 19 21 19 17 13 47.5 41 19 NA 6.288777689
Magical Mjolnir (Awakening)   18 4         70   20 0  

Ryoma has 100% hit and 30% crit while Robin has 38% hit 0.o Mjolnir's +4 skill isn't doing much for him here. He also surely has a crit rate, but I don't know what it is because it only displays on a successful attack and the battle is already over, Robin is dead.

Ryoma struck dealing 23 damage!
Robin missed!
Ryoma attacks again dealing 23 damage!
Ryoma HP = 55
Robin is dead.

So a very easy sweep for Ryoma, who may actually be in with a shot of champion in this tourney.

Ryoma wins 2:0

And now, to present the brackets for the next round of fights.

OtxOasL.png

I like the way Roy ran to the complete opposite end of the tourney to get away from Ryoma. Though running into Claude was probably an even worse match up.

Anyway, join us tomorrow for Lucina vs Ike (Path of Radiance)!

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

It's funny, both have aether, but they'll have different percentage chances of activating it. Is this reflected?

Yep. Skills work as in their original game.

On 11/25/2021 at 6:46 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Silver Bow Lyn new meta.

I've jut noticed Lyn is going up against Seteth. The Silver Bow strikes again!

I've thought about something some times but always forgot to ask: How is it that you calculate the movement, I mean all of those numbers after the first one? (like why does instead of both Alm and Ryoma have 6 of move, Ryoma 6,290... has and Robin has 6,288...?).

Also Oh, Roy boy... Robin was completely Ryoma'd. And the more I like Edelgard, I'm glad that at least one of the 3H lords were taken down, I was affraid that the 4th round would become the 3H show (just maybe with Sigurd instead of someone, or not...)

38 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I've thought about something some times but always forgot to ask: How is it that you calculate the movement, I mean all of those numbers after the first one? (like why does instead of both Alm and Ryoma have 6 of move, Ryoma 6,290... has and Robin has 6,288...?).

Also Oh, Roy boy... Robin was completely Ryoma'd. And the more I like Edelgard, I'm glad that at least one of the 3H lords were taken down, I was affraid that the 4th round would become the 3H show (just maybe with Sigurd instead of someone, or not...)

Movement is calculated the same way as the other stats, by comparing the units movement to all the other playable units in the game to get a number to reflect how good they are in their own game, and then cross reference it with the average movement of the series as a whole to get a number that can be compared between games. This means (and I haven't checked, I'm just guessing here) that the likes of Eirika could have more movement than Sigurd, since Sigurd comes from a game with more high movemet units to compare against, his high movement isn't as good relatively speaking as Eirika who out moves a bigger majority of her cast (though obviously what that doesn't account for is map sizes and terrain, since Sigurd's high move is obviously more valuable an asset to the player in his game than Eirika's is.

Looks like no one has voted for either Lucina or Ike to win. Well let's see how it works out for them.

DAY 19: Lucina vs Ike (Path of Radiance)

Spoiler
Lucina 51 30 13 28 28 23 20 13 67.5 53.5 25.5 NA 6.288777689
Ike 52 26 14 25 28 22 21 14 61 53 23.5 26 6.485516261

Lucina has 100% hit and 4% crit, Ike has 98% hit and 1% crit

Ike struck dealing 11 damage!
Lucina counter attacks dealing 14 damage!

Ike HP = 38
Lucina HP = 40

Lucina struck dealing 14 damage!
Ike counter attacks dealing 11 damage!

Lucina HP = 29
Ike HP = 24

Ike missed!
Lucina counter attacks dealing 14 damage!

Ike HP = 10
Lucina HP = 29

Lucina struck dealing 14 damage!

Lucina HP = 29
Ike is dead.

The two fighters are evenly matched, but Lucina just manages to edge out Ike in every category, securing her the win.

Spoiler
Physical Silver Lance (Awakening) 13             75        
Lucina 51 30 13 28 28 23 20 13 67.5 53.5 25.5 NA 6.288777689
Ike 52 26 14 25 28 22 21 14 61 53 23.5 26 6.485516261
Physical Ragnell 18         5   80   5 20  

Ike has 73% hit and 4% crit.

Ike struck dealing 24 damage!

Ike HP = 52
Lucina HP = 27

Lucina struck dealing 17 damage!
Ike counter attacks dealing 24 damage!

Lucina HP = 3
Ike HP = 35

Ike HP = 35
Lucina is dead.

Ike's trusty Ragnell completely turns the tide, thanks mostly to it's 1-2 range that Lucina can't compensate for.

ROUND 3: Weapons and Skills

Spoiler

The stats remain unchanged. What is different now is that both combatants have a chance and pulling off an Aether. Ike is also immune to crits thanks to the hidden property of Path of Radiance's Ragnell.

Ike's Aether chance is 25%, Lucina's is 29% (Aether has a lower chance in Lucina's game, but she also has Rightful King, boosting her chances). Both Aethers function the same, except Ike cannot activate Aether at 2 range.

Ike HP = 52
Lucina HP = 27

Lucina struck dealing 17 damage!
Ike counter attacks dealing 24 damage!

Lucina HP = 3
Ike HP = 35

Ike HP = 35
Lucina is dead.

And so things went the same as round 2, neither procced Aether. Unsurprising given there's only one chance of 1 vs 1 range combat for either to do so. The winner is Ike.

Ike wins 2:1

DXhTbUo.png

Join us tomorrow for Tibarn vs Alm!

Edited by Jotari

DAY 21: Tibarn vs Alm

Can the mighty Hawk King conquer the Conqueror? Let's find out.

ROUND 1: Iron weapons....Damn, I completely forgot to discuss how I'm going to handle Tibarn's iron weapon. Laguz weapons to have lower strike versions, but Tibarns doesn't and even if he did, it wouldn't really capture the idea as it would be him using a weapon from his game instead of an average. Alright, I'm just going to make things simple and give him an Iron Sword. Both units have the same weapon, so that's fair, right?

Spoiler

Tibarn (T) 64 31 5 34 31 22 25 12 79 57.5 28 43.2 9.262155912

Both units have 100% hit, Alm has 11% crit.

Tibarn (T) struck dealing 9 damage!
Alm counter attacks dealing 8 damage!

Tibarn (T) HP = 56
Alm HP = 50

Alm struck dealing 8 damage!
Tibarn (T) counter attacks dealing 9 damage!

Alm HP = 41
Tibarn (T) HP = 48

Tibarn (T) HP = 40
Alm HP = 32

Alm HP = 23
Tibarn (T) HP = 32

Tibarn (T) HP = 24
Alm HP = 14

Alm HP = 5
Tibarn (T) HP = 16

Tibarn (T) HP = 16
Alm is dead.

That was a pretty even dealing of blows. Tibarn deals just 1 extra point of damage that shifts the advantage in his favour. However, Alm is fishing for an 11% crit that could win him to match. Unfortunately lady luck didn't smile on him in this round and he never achieved that crit. The winner is Tibarn.

Spoiler

You might think Alm would take a leaf out of Lyn's book and use a silver bow for effective damage here, however, I tested both it and the Falchion, and it turns out the SIlver Bow's weight is just large enough that Alm ends up getting doubled using the silver bow. The damage modifier also isn't that great, as because the silver bow is only 5 mt, it deals just slightly more damage than the Falchion. Though the silver bow does come with not getting hit with an enemy phase attack which is something of an advantage, but still, overall, I'm going to go with the more signature Falchion for Alm.

Physical Great Talon 20             100     1  
Tibarn (T) 64 31 5 34 31 22 25 12 79 57.5 28 43.2 9.262155912
Physical Falchion (SoV) 12             100     1  

% remains the same. Both combatants have 100% hit while Alm has 11% crit.

Tibarn (T) struck dealing 24 damage!
Alm counter attacks dealing 15 damage!

Tibarn (T) HP = 49
Alm HP = 35

Alm struck dealing 15 damage!
Tibarn (T) counter attacks dealing 24 damage!

Alm HP = 11
Tibarn (T) HP = 34

Tibarn (T) HP = 34
Alm is dead.

Alm could have technically used the 0mt bow to deal 3 damage without receiving a counter attack in the second round, but it wouldn't have actually brought much advantage. He's better off fishing for a Falchion crit. Actually now that I think about it, since the Royal Sword has a crit rate and the Falchion doesn't (for some reason) that would be a better weapon or Alm...let me calculate that real quick.

Both combatants have 100%  hit, Alm has 26% crit.

Boom! Critical! Alm dealt 39 damage!

Tibarn (T) HP = 35
Alm HP = 35

Alm struck dealing 13 damage!
Tibarn (T) counter attacks dealing 24 damage!

Alm HP = 11
Tibarn (T) HP = 22

Tibarn (T) HP = 22
Alm is dead.

Nope. Even with a crit Alm just doesn't have the damage output to take down Tibarn and his 20mt weapon. The winner is Tibarn.

Tibarn wins 3:0

OmxBLCc.png

Join us tomorrow for Leif (Genealogy) vs Byleth! I'm not going to bother with a poll anymore, so comment who you think will win.

So we have no Awakening and Echoes/Gaiden lords anymore. Well, pretty interesting battles, I'm waiting for the next one, as always 🙂

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think that Leif's probably got this one in he bag, but I've been off so far.

I'm not so sure. Sublime Creator's Sword is a pretty powerful weapon, especially as it grants two range. Leif can counter it with Light Brand, but it deals magical damage which Leif doesn't excel at. He might be better off using Genealogy's powerful 20mt Silver Lance for weapon triangle advantage. And then, if it goes to a Skills round, Byleth will be able to pull out Sublime Heaven which will deal a tonne of damage.

DAY 22: Leif (Genealogy) vs Byleth

Will the Master Knight be able to defeat the Enlightened One? Let us see.

Spoiler
Leif 57 31 10 29 27 17 28 13 66.5 49 23 0 9.021957787
Byleth 52 32 19 24 27 27 21 15 61.5 54 25.5 7.01 7.250219892

Both combtanants have 100% accuracy, Byleth has a 9% crit rate.

Leif struck dealing 15 damage!
Boom! Critical! Byleth dealt 27 damage!

Leif HP = 37
Byleth HP = 37

Byleth struck dealing 9 damage!
Leif counter attacks dealing 15 damage!

Byleth HP = 22
Leif HP = 28

Leif struck dealing 15 damage!
Byleth counter attacks dealing 9 damage!

Leif HP = 19
Byleth HP = 7

Byleth struck dealing 9 damage!
Leif counter attacks dealing 15 damage!

Byleth is dead.
Leif HP = 10

I thought things would go Byleth's way when they got a crit out the gate, but it turns out Leif just deals more damage and there's nothing Byleth can do to compensate. The winner is Leif.

Spoiler
Physical Light Brand (HolyWar Close) 12             80     10  
Byleth 52 32 19 24 27 27 21 15 61.5 54 25.5 7.01 7.250219892
Physical Sublime Sword of the Creator 15             90   10 7  

Sublime Sword of the Creator isn't as good as I remember it being, maybe Leif can pull off a victory before things go to the skills round. Let's see.

Leif has 92% hit rate while Byleth has 100% hit rate and a 19% crit rate.

Leif struck dealing 22 damage!
Byleth counter attacks dealing 19 damage!
Byleth attacks again dealing 19 damage!
Leif HP = 19
Byleth HP = 30

Byleth struck dealing 19 damage!

Byleth HP = 30
Leif is dead.

Surprise twist. Leif did great in the iron weapon rounds, but the lack of weight compensation in Genealogy hits him hard as he falls into doubling range and gets destroyed by Byleth in three hits. The winner is Byleth, which doesn't bode well for Leif going into the final round.

ROUND 3: Weapons and skills

Spoiler

Since Leif is going to be doubled anyway, he's going to try bringing a Silver Lance to this fight instead.

Physical Silver Lance (Genealogy) 20             80     12  
Byleth 52 37 19 24 27 27 21 15 61.5 54 25.5 7.01 7.250219892
Physical Sublime Sword of the Creator 15             90   10 7  

Leif has a 15% adept chance.

Both combatants have a 98% hit rate, Byleth has a 19% crit rate

Leif struck dealing 30 damage!
Boom! Critical! Byleth dealt 72 damage!

Leif is dead.
Byleth HP = 22

Leif puts his entire strategy into hoping to get a second Adept to finish Byleth off, but he didn't even get close (seriously he needed a rng below 15 and the number rolled was in the 90s). Byleth doesn't even need to use Sublime heaven as a lucky create demolishes Leif completely. The winner is Byleth.

Byleth wins 2:1

o3jqXFv.png

Join us tomorrow for Dimitri vs Micaiah.

Edited by Jotari

6 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Posting this ahead of time.

Everyone get ready to send Roy your energy.

My energies are sent to Our Boy

Claude is a pretty great counter pick to Roy's heal strats. 3 range means if Roy tries it he'll just be healing till his sword breaks. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Claude ends up winning it. Out ranging everyone else is a pretty big advantage. Especially if he's allowed to have Close Counter (which I should put a poll up now before I forget). Then again he might end up going against top tier Silver Bow Lyn in the next round XD

33 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Claude is a pretty great counter pick to Roy's heal strats. 3 range means if Roy tries it he'll just be healing till his sword breaks. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Claude ends up winning it. Out ranging everyone else is a pretty big advantage. Especially if he's allowed to have Close Counter (which I should put a poll up now before I forget). Then again he might end up going against top tier Silver Bow Lyn in the next round XD

I dindt vote yet because I'm indecise. Like, i didnt play 3H so idk if Close counter is an important/somewhat iconic skill of him or of his weapon (like if taking it off would be the same as taking Close Counter from Ragnell), if it is, then the skill/ability should stay, in my opinion. Otherwise it would surely make it easier for the other contestants to take it off, but idk if then it would be fair to everyone or unfair to claude, since Dimitri kept something as atrocious as Atrocity (like, if you gotta nerf the guy its because he is good, and the contest is to see who is better so maybe don't take it off if it is some kind of prf skill, only if it is a skill that you just CAN give to him in his game like FE4 Rings/the stat boosters/something that he gets depending on the class), also if he kept it it would only be for one round anyway.

So thats it, idk anything about 3H but I'm leaning to say that you should keep it if its something that defines him (and ditch it if its something irrelevant). Everyone is doing their best in the contest, so Claude should too, if he (or another 3H lord) happens to win of course that it will not be that surprising but it will be well deserved. Also, I think that bow wielding units can use the long bow if it suits them right? So in this case other people could have 3 range too (suuuuuuuure, it would be worse than Claude's but still, also it doesnt help Roy in any way too...)