I might get this.

So, I have some questions...

This game looks very choppy compared to Dawn. Is it?

Are there cutscenes? How good are they? How many?

How is the storyline? I already played Dawn.

Is there a way to make most characters good?

Is Pelleas playable?

Would I be at the mercy of the RNG?

Are the levels fun, and how many are there?

How many units come to the last level?

Anything else I need to know.

1) Is there a way to make most characters good?

2) Is Pelleas playable?

3) Would I be at the mercy of the RNG?

4) Anything else I need to know.

1) Sure, abuse BEXP.

2) No.

3) Seeing as how it's you, I would say yes.

4) You probably won't like the game.

Well, I've heard that BEXP is JUST for leveling up, and even that can give out zero-stat level ups.

Don't know much and don't really care about BEXP. All I know is that people who abuse it put save, use the BEXP and reset the cube till they get the growths that they won't.

This game looks very choppy compared to Dawn. Is it?

Kinda

Are there cutscenes? How good are they? How many?

Yes, but not as many/They're ok/6

How is the storyline? I already played Dawn.

Pretty good. It'll be like a prequel

Is there a way to make most characters good?

yes. You get a shitload of bonus EXP and money coming out of all your units asses (seriously, money is NOT an issue)

Is Pelleas playable?

No, I'm not even sure if he's in the story (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Would I be at the mercy of the RNG?

Pretty much. It's not as good as in RD

Are the levels fun, and how many are there?

There are some good levels and there's 29(?) total (Chapter 17 has 4 parts, though)

How many units come to the last level?

2 forced(Ike and Ena/Nasir) and 10 others

Anything else I need to know

YOU GET SOOOO MUCH MONEY!!! So don't worry about your funds except at the very beginning

Also, Sothe doesn't promote and Volke promotes automatically after chapter 18. There's only Knife, Dagger and Stiletto so knives aren't too big in this one, but not bad

Animations aren't that good as in RD, IMO

There's more, but that's the gist of it

The story is a lot better than Dawn's was.

Personally, I think Radiant Dawn was far more interesting than Path of Radiance. It didn't make me sleepy. Well, if you want Path of Radiance, it should be a nice buy.

This game looks very choppy compared to Dawn. Is it? Compared to RD, yes. For a normal GC game, not really

Are there cutscenes? How good are they? How many? 6 of them, one lasting about 5 seconds. They're pretty cool.

How is the storyline? I already played Dawn. It's ok. Not as good as Radiant Dawn's, but good nonetheless

Is there a way to make most characters good? BEXP abuse.

Is Pelleas playable? He doesn't exist at all

Would I be at the mercy of the RNG? Somewhat

Are the levels fun, and how many are there? 30 in total, including Prologue and Endgame. I like them.

How many units come to the last level? 14, including Ike and another forced unit, so 12 of your choosing.

Anything else I need to know. Be sure to check up how to get Stefan

I think Dawn's was absolutely perfect.
I didn't like Dawn's all that much. Part I was okay, Part II seemed a little pointless, Part III was a bit better than Part I was but still okay, Part IV really sucked although Sephiran revealing that the two games were a huge Xanatos Gambit was pretty cool.

Path of Radiance's was a lot better in my opinion. Ashnard was seriously apeshit.

I didn't like Dawn's all that much. Part I was okay, Part II seemed a little pointless, Part III was a bit better than Part I was but still okay, Part IV really sucked although Sephiran revealing that the two games were a huge Xanatos Gambit was pretty cool.

Path of Radiance's was a lot better in my opinion. Ashnard was seriously apeshit.

True, that part did make the story pretty damn good

It's always better with a psychopathic killer as a villian!

I sort of liked the two stories equally; Path of Radiance was cool because it had an insane villain and because we got to see some pretty good 'holy shit' moments. Radiant Dawn's story was pretty slow in terms of pacing; Part 1 was exciting, Part 2 was inducive of the 'and the point of this is?', Part 3 started off pretty slowly but sped up so that the story was cool by the end, and Part 4 was okay until the end where we find out that Sephiran was the mastermind behind the Mad King's War (which was a pretty nice 'oh shit' moment).

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

Actually Radiant Dawn felt pretty unfinished to me, unlike Path of Radiance. (Well almost !Spoiler!: I was surprised that after Marcia was looking over the entire continent after her brother she found him right befor her homes door, begging for money. :blink: )

Well the story is awesome I like the entire theme about hatred (It was awesome to see Lethe and Jill change during the game but I better don't spoil too much here. Oh but in my honest opinion Deghinsea's best line is not "Hold,Hold, I say" but " Revenge is only another name for murder. ") and beeing born into a certain social status and lots of other good stuff

You only have one team here by the way so you don't have to plan ahead to make units like Fiona in Radiant Dawn usable. There are no units you could call bad anyway. (Though Mia is mercilessly outshined by Zihark.)

Oh and something important: The skills system is a bit different here. If you unequip a skill it's gone for good so be careful about using them. And Mastery Skills require Items called "Okkult"s. But they more ore less suck (exept Aether) and use up many, many skill points.

Something that really pissed me off was that "Nintendo of America", (Ore whoever is responsible for this) made the Black Knight english voice sound like Darth Vader. What were they thinking? This dosn't make sense in the slightest. With BK english voice Ike should be able do find out about the Black Knights true identity as soon as he heres Zelgius voice saying: "You are the leader of this army? My name is Zelgius. I am in charge of..." Well, I think you got my point. But while we are talking about the versions difference:

The NTSC and PAL versions are missing the Sword of Seals character illustrations.

Oh and Maniac Mode is missing.

• 2 weeks later...

I personaly thought RD was a terrible sequel to PoR, one of the major problems with RD is once you beat it you don't get to do anything else with the army where as you had time trials in PoR so you can make many different files with different armies to play with. I prefered the story in PoR, RD basicly flipped the PoR's srory upside down. I thought RD sort of became a fight of Ubers late game with all the class changes and everything. Well I think my rant is pretty much finished, feel free to entertain me with hate mail. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Radiant Dawn was so confusing, and they changed the system. My favorite one is that Wyvern Rider's only get hurt by thunder, this rule killed me many times. I'm so used to using wind magic that I forget that thunder magic is the right one. I forgot a lot that bows aren't effective too. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance is better in my opinion.

1) Sure, abuse BEXP.

Yeah, and that you also get alot less of it in this game than in RD.

I think Dawn's was absolutely perfect.

Combining both this game and RD makes this story NO.5 a masterpiece.

The story is better in this game but the gameplay is so much better in RD. The gameplay is fine in this game but RD improved on almost everything except support convos. The battles aren't as fun to watch either.

Yes, they butchered it into convos that are like saying "I'll protect you no matter what. Ifyou die? I don't know what I would do."

Something like that.

Edited by Lenneth

The support system in PoR is so mindbogglingly awesome compaired to just about all of the FEs ive played..

The cutscenes in PoR are very nice for the gamecube..if you play PoR on the Wii, the graphics are a bit smoother (including cutscenes)...

my only complaint about PoR compared to RD is that when your units attack, theres no number indications of what crit rates, hit percentage, and damage on the screen..thats annoying..