Character bios

We only have Shez for now, but I assume there will be more.

A mercenary with no relatives. They're determined to make it in the world through their blades, but encountered Jeralt's Mercenaries on a certain job. Lost in a fight to the Ashen Demon. While training to take revenge, they meet students from Garegg Mach in the forest.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as I made this...

Larva
A mysterious being that appeared in the protagonist's dreams.
Saved the protagonist just as they were about to lose their life to the Ashen Demon, and talks to them as if living in the protagonist's head. Sometimes behaves as if something is missing.

Based on both the bios, Shez and Larva are taking the exact role Byleth and Sothis played at the beginning of THouses except, instead of Kostas nearly killing Byleth, Byleth nearly killed Shez.

Will be interesting if Larva actually is an Agarthan god like I see most people predicting or if they will be different

57 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Interesting info! Do we know if these are going to be weekly or not? If they're weekly, then we may be getting an even larger roster than we expected. Or maybe they'll just show off the timeskip designs and personalities. 

Either way, hopefully it means that the marketing campaign is finally starting in earnest. We're very nearly at the halfway point now, and any info will help make that wait easier.

Interesting that they`re referring to Arval as without using a gender pronoun, almost makes me think they might be gender neutral. Then again, japanese is a language that can get away with not using them, Heroes never uses one when referring to the Summoner for example. 

Hmmm, I am hoping Shez doesn't take over Byleth's role pre-timeskip. Feels like it would be robbing them of most of their accomplishments in Three Houses, which was mainly teaching at the monastery. Still, we'll have to see the direction they go for Shez.I'm not too big on Shez's backstory, though this is because it is quite similar to Infinite's backstory from Sonic Forces and I am not a fan of that game's story. To give them some props, I like their design, especially the female design.

Larva is cool. I recall reading in a fake leak that Shez (called Belt in the leak) was a TWSITD experiment meant to reincarnate the old god & would not be surprised if the devs go in that direction.

14 minutes ago, 5PointGordin said:

Larva is cool. I recall reading in a fake leak that Shez (called Belt in the leak) was a TWSITD experiment meant to reincarnate the old god & would not be surprised if the devs go in that direction.

I remember it too! 

And yeah, between the Agarthan bubbles from the first trailer, the lack of family (and potentially super irregular focus on a merc who was just on a job), and mysterious voice in the head, it feels as if the game is trying to signal to us even now that Shez is Byleth's opposite. The questions are now who created them and why were they created. 

Or maybe the game will go in a different direction. Who knows. 

Hubert

Eldest son of the Vestra family of Adrestia, and has served as Edelgard's retainer since childhood. He shares his lady's goals, and would use any method to make them a reality. He seems cold, but hides fiery passion in his heart.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hubert

Eldest son of the Vestra family of Adrestia, and has served as Edelgard's retainer since childhood. He shares his lady's goals, and would use any method to make them a reality. He seems cold, but hides fiery passion in his heart.

Ahh Hubert, the ultimate edgelord. Somehow, I can't help but love him, and also love to hate him. He really should stop leaving noxious handkerchiefs laying around the monestary though, people are going to get the wrong idea.

Dedue

A commoner from Duscur, and Dimitri's retainer. Easily misunderstood due to his rough look and taciturn demeanor, but his nature is gentle and calm. Tries his best to be a loyal servant by Dimitri's side at all times, and worries that his lord tries to shoulder too much.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I guess after Hilda we'll be seeing Ferdinand, Mercedes and Lorenz, and only then they'll introduce new characters. 

Technically Ferdinand would be a new character since we're counting him as confirmed based on a mostly out-of-frame image of what we think is his hair and shoulder.

I now wonder two things:

1) Will the bios of returning characters (students, faculty, knights) be the same as the ones from Three Houses

2) What characters will get bios. With Three Houses, in addition to the Garreg Mach characters, the Flame Emperor and the Death Knight also got them. I wonder if some of the (speculated) characters like Holst and Count Bergliez might get one, I highly doubt it but you never know.

Just a random thought, but last night I had a dream that Three Houses had secret characters we were all forgetting about. I couldn't remember who they were for the life of me, but I remember they existed in my dream. I was SURE the roster was going to have daily bios and be larger than what it seemed people felt like it was originally going to be (in the 50s) because of the secret characters, but then I woke up...