Character bios

9 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

To be honest, I think because the Twitter has subverted what I expected of the stalling images (of the retainers) appearing here with these recent [Unit x Class] posts, that we may be in for something either new, or some other type of stalling come Friday.

It'd be a bit odd if we didn't get Dimitri x Great Lord / Dedue x Armour Knight today, then Claude x Wyvern Master / Hilda x Brigand tomorrow (going by JPN times); but that's not saying anything about classes beyond that unless we see Shez mess around in them afterwards (or a character / class showcase video).

Yeah, I think a trailer on Friday is looking pretty likely. They'll probably do Claude/Hilda tomorrow, Shez Friday, then drop a trailer later that day.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I certainly hope a new trailer will be shown this week. But if you expect nothing you'll never be disappointed. 

That's sort of where I am at this point too. I want a trailer and hopefully a demo, but I'm not going to expect the former until we're in about the one month/30 days zone, and the latter just may not happen at all if they're trying to keep certain story aspects a secret until the game's release. 

40 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Koei has recently been excellent about demos. All of their new Warriors games have them. I'd say exactly one month before release, but that's the release date for Touken Ranbu. So maybe the 31st or so.

Did Persona 5 Strikers have one? I couldn't find any info on it, but I know that the Japanese and Western versions released a year or so apart due to the pandemic making English recording incredibly difficult. 

I've been using AoC as my basis for Three Hopes getting a demo, but the first FEW didn't have one from what I can see. (Although any fact checking would be greatly appreciated!) 

6 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Did Persona 5 Strikers have one? I couldn't find any info on it, but I know that the Japanese and Western versions released a year or so apart due to the pandemic making English recording incredibly difficult. 

I've been using AoC as my basis for Three Hopes getting a demo, but the first FEW didn't have one from what I can see. (Although any fact checking would be greatly appreciated!) 

Persona 5 Strikers and Touken Ranbu have gotten Japan-exclusive demos. I guess we could chalk the P5S situation up to extreme localization issues, while Touken Ranbu is almost completely aimed at the Japanese audience to begin with.

The first FEW really predates the whole demo resurgence. Which as far as I'm aware, DW9 was the first modern Warriors game to get a demo/free version (largely because it sucks terribly and needed one!)

18 minutes ago, TheCraigadile said:

From what I remember the age of calamity demo released like 3ish weeks before the released date, so I’d expect it to drop at the start of June. Which, kind of crazy to think about, is about three weeks away itself.

Exactly 30 days before release, if google is correct. 

But 30 days before our release date unfortunately coincides with the release day of another musou game. Which is crazy.

Hubert x Dark Mage] One of Hubert's preferred classes. Attacks foes primarily with dark magic.

This wording is interesting because it's ambiguous. Is it just meant to be interpreted as it being one class in their only preferred class line (ie: Petra only likes the Thief -> Assassin line), or can a unit have multiple distinct preferred class lines (Petra likes Thief -> Assassin and Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord)?

16 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Persona 5 Strikers and Touken Ranbu have gotten Japan-exclusive demos. I guess we could chalk the P5S situation up to extreme localization issues, while Touken Ranbu is almost completely aimed at the Japanese audience to begin with.

The first FEW really predates the whole demo resurgence. Which as far as I'm aware, DW9 was the first modern Warriors game to get a demo/free version (largely because it sucks terribly and needed one!)

Ah, thanks for the info! 

15 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Exactly 30 days before release, if google is correct. 

But 30 days before our release date unfortunately coincides with the release day of another musou game. Which is crazy.

Maybe that means they should release a demo a week and a month early as a way to please Three Hopes fans and try to entice the Touken Ranbu fans on the fence or something. "Hey, you like this demo? Well, we have a new Warriors game coming out next week - give it a try!" "Hey, you like this demo, well, we have a FEW game out already! Pick it up and get some cool bonuses!" I know that the Japanese Twitter has mentioned the latter, but the end of a demo could do that for Western audiences as well as drive that point home...

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

This wording is interesting because it's ambiguous. Is it just meant to be interpreted as it being one class in their only preferred class line (ie: Petra only likes the Thief -> Assassin line), or can a unit have multiple distinct preferred class lines (Petra likes Thief -> Assassin and Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord)?

I'm hoping for the latter. Hubert may like Dark Mage/Sage and Warlock. Or maybe he'll finally get his chance to be a flying magical unit in this game. 

44 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Welp, they've once again gone through the entire currently revealed roster.

Now would be a great time for more.

I'm very interested if we'll get another "8pm PST" post.

...does no-one find it odd that Shez is single hand wielding in the 2nd and 3rd screens there (and particularly, their relic wing sword is missing)?

Thank goodness his neon purple hair's been toned down for now

Also, taking a look at the enemy fodder, the armour doesn't quite match up with Adrestia, and it's also too golden to be Church. Is this a new faction or just organised bandits...?

39 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Also, taking a look at the enemy fodder, the armour doesn't quite match up with Adrestia, and it's also too golden to be Church. Is this a new faction or just organised bandits...?

I'm pretty sure that colour pallet is just the brigand pallet IIRC

Notably, there are exactly enough characters in each house to do daily character profiles (and possibly skill descriptions in the same day), followed by the next class each Friday. The only outlier being Monica for the BE. That could support a big trailer/demo as soon as the 31st. Though they could always give Church/Wolves/miscellanious their own trailers.

Welp, I guess we are expecting the next video on Friday again given the timing of today's posts.

I think we can see Felix's flash step just after his launching Fraldarius boosted slash, where after R2 he shifts left / leaves an afterimage and gains the aura, then does R1->R2.
(Not like there's ever a reason not to dodge / dash when you're moving from battlefield to battlefield, lol)