Be a Crazy Person

Sugar Ray Robinson.

Was he the best? Maybe. He's up there. Sugar had 201 matches, and he won 174 of them.

He also had a dream once.

See, Sugar was slated to fight a man named Jimmy Doyle. This would be his first title bout since obtaining his welterweight title.

Sugar called it off. He had a dream that he was gonna kill Doyle.

A priest and a minister came to Sugar.

They told him it would be fine, he should take the fight.

Well, Robinson did.

He KO'd Doyle. Knocked him unconscious.

That night, Doyle died. Just like in the dream.

There's a lesson here, friend. Sometimes it pays to be the crazy guy.

Sugar Ray Robinson was also a Freemason so, y'know, maybe that had something to do with it.

That full contact sports in which people regularly die are legal while gentlemanly duels between consenting individuals that have a grudge remain illegal is one of the greatest travesties of modern legal systems. Apparently reckless endangerment is only morally correct if you have a paying audience.

Edited by Jotari

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That full contact sports in which people regularly die are legal while gentlemanly duels between consenting individuals that have a grudge remain illegal is one of the greatest travesties of modern legal systems. Apparently reckless endangerment is only morally correct if you have an audience.

The most reckless thing that Robinson did was ignore his dream.

Once I dreamed I was an electrical antenna or something. I'm pretty sure that I was the antenna from Rise of Skywalker that the Sith needed to navigate off-planet. Every so often I still hear electrical noises inside my brain. Do with that what you will.

Also Anonymous Speed my understanding is that that's libel not slander - because it's written.

7 hours ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

Once I dreamed I was an electrical antenna or something. I'm pretty sure that I was the antenna from Rise of Skywalker that the Sith needed to navigate off-planet. Every so often I still hear electrical noises inside my brain. Do with that what you will.

Also Anonymous Speed my understanding is that that's libel not slander - because it's written.

I'll write that down in my brain. You don't have any relatives in the Freemasons, do you?

Dang, how could I forget? John Jonah Jameson told me exactly that and I forgot it, what a cretin I am! Fake Spider-Man fan (I am not a Spider-Man fan).

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

17 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'll write that down in my brain. You don't have any relatives in the Freemasons, do you?

Dang, how could I forget? John Jonah Jameson told me exactly that and I forgot it, what a cretin I am! Fake Spider-Man fan (I am not a Spider-Man fan).

Are you trying to troll for information? Well, I consider myself trolled. Yes, my grandfather actually was a member of the freemasons, although he was born a jew and I'm pretty sure he was also a member of a synagogue (I think he went too, but I'm not sure).

1 minute ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

Are you trying to troll for information? Well, I consider myself trolled. Yes, my grandfather actually was a member of the freemasons, although he was born a jew and I'm pretty sure he was also a member of a synagogue (I think he went too, but I'm not sure).

I do a little trolling, but I'm not sure that's what I'm doing for information here. Anyway, if you find any Masonic memorabilia, I recommend destroying it with a hammer and then burning it. The Jewish memorabilia should be okay.

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I do a little trolling, but I'm not sure that's what I'm doing for information here. Anyway, if you find any Masonic memorabilia, I recommend destroying it with a hammer and then burning it. The Jewish memorabilia should be okay.

I didn't mean to accuse overmuch. I know trolling has a negative connotation, but I'm kind of confused by it sometimes because I think the definition is sometimes overly loose (i.e. isn't posting in the hopes that other people will post seeking to provoke a reaction).

A few years ago I was thinking about destroying my copy of Three Houses, but in the end I was unwilling to completely walk away from doing each route at least once.

I believe we have a talas (not actually sure how to spell it) from my grandfather, but I don't think we have anything Masonic.

Edited by Original Johan Liebert

3 hours ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

I didn't mean to accuse overmuch. I know trolling has a negative connotation, but I'm kind of confused by it sometimes because I think the definition is sometimes overly loose (i.e. isn't posting in the hopes that other people will post seeking to provoke a reaction).

A few years ago I was thinking about destroying my copy of Three Houses, but in the end I was unwilling to completely walk away from doing each route at least once.

I believe we have a talas (not actually sure how to spell it) from my grandfather, but I don't think we have anything Masonic.

Why destroy something when you can sell it.

21 hours ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

It's one of the culture-defining words, and therefore must wear many hats. I think it does a lot better in terms of consistency than some other terms do- trolling usually sticks to a general feel, at least.

21 hours ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

Don't get too attached to you talismans. I got Three Houses digitally, so I cannot actually destroy it in that manner, unfortunately. Fire Emblem games aren't spiritually edifying but at least they used to be fun.

Do you mean a prayer shawl? Those are cool. Anyway, it's good that you don't have any Masonic stuff. Have I ever told you about the Albert Pike room?

17 hours ago, Jotari said:

Why destroy something when you can sell it.

Objects which bear curses on you should be destroyed to break curses. Objects which bear curses on their owner should be destroyed as an act of common decency. It's simple math, my friend.

9 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's one of the culture-defining words, and therefore must wear many hats. I think it does a lot better in terms of consistency than some other terms do- trolling usually sticks to a general feel, at least.

Don't get too attached to you talismans. I got Three Houses digitally, so I cannot actually destroy it in that manner, unfortunately. Fire Emblem games aren't spiritually edifying but at least they used to be fun.

Do you mean a prayer shawl? Those are cool. Anyway, it's good that you don't have any Masonic stuff. Have I ever told you about the Albert Pike room?

Objects which bear curses on you should be destroyed to break curses. Objects which bear curses on their owner should be destroyed as an act of common decency. It's simple math, my friend.