• Tiki - Fated Divinity
    • Seliph - Enduring Legacy
    • Byleth - Sublime Light
    • Marth - Prince of Light
    • Eirika - Pledged Restorer
    • Gatekeeper - Nothing to Report
    • Marianne - Serene Adherent

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2022 at 08:38 PM

48 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It's just wishful thinking, don't worry. But hey, if IS does at some point (not just because of this VG) realizes that the male characters are just as popular as the female ones, I wouldn't complain either~

If this Voting Gauntlet is anything to go by, the male characters aren't as popular as the female ones.

Determining which character is more popular isn't done by seeing who wins; it's done by seeing who has the largest team.

Based on the first hour scores, Byleth, Tiki, and Eirika were the most popular characters in round one, in that order.

And one can assume that IS has access to more data than we do. They probably know exactly how many player joined each team instead of needing to extrapolate that data from scores.

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Based on the first hour scores, Byleth, Tiki, and Eirika were the most popular characters in round one, in that order.

I... got so wrapped up in what Mercakete said that I forgot all about that. Oops.

Also, it's a shame that Tiki's popularity subsided so quickly after winning CYL to the point that Byleth had the biggest team of the three 😕

Anyway, Seliph lost Round 2 so the finals are the two characters I'm the least invested in. It was tricky but I ultimately went with GK, let's see who takes home the crown!

26 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, it's a shame that Tiki's popularity subsided so quickly after winning CYL to the point that Byleth had the biggest team of the three 😕

VGs also tend to never be a complete reflection of each character’s popularity. There are other factors at play, the main one being the individual unit’s viability / relevance in FEH’s actual gameplay.

I imagine that that factor was a big part in why Gatekeeper, the 1st rank overall from CYL5 (and it wasn’t even close between him and Marth, 2nd overall), was at a such steep disadvantage against F!Byleth, the 4th rank overall from CYL6.

Also, there was that VG from 2017 that ended with Ninian winning (without the multiplier’s help if I remember correctly) against F!Corrin. And naturally, Ninian has never come particularly close to matching F!Corrin in any CYL.