Tempest Trials+: Life & Death (Part 3)

Diovani Bressan

A new chapter of the Life & Death Tempest Trials+ Series is coming!

9mecjOb.png

The curtain rises on Life & Death, a series of events focusing on the story of Eir and others from Hel, the realm of the dead!

Plus, story elements that feature Special Heroes chatting will be released on the 4th day and 7th day after the event starts!

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

gy3THQ9.png

Mordecai's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

1eC2tLe.png
A warrior from Ballia who can take the shape of a tiger. He has come to the festival of flames
to compete in a contest of raw power. Appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Q5gErjF.png Fiery Fang (Might: 14 / Range 1)
Grant Def+3. At start of turn, if unit’s HP >= 25%, grants Atk/Def+6 to unit and inflicts penalty on foe’s Atk/Def during
combat = 20% of unit’s Def at start of combat, and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.
At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts).
If unit transforms, grants Atk+2, deals +7 damage when Special triggers, and neutralizes effects that grant
"Special cooldown charge +X" to foe or inflict "Special cooldown charge -X" on unit.

3LayVNL.png Smite
Pushes target ally 2 spaces away.

8g9uze9.png Fort. Def/Res 2
Grants Def/Res+6. Inflicts Atk-2.

Hr5K6yD.png Atk/Def Gap 3
At start of turn, grants Atk/Def+5 to ally with the highest Atk+Def total for 1 turn. (Excludes unit.)

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

kG1H6K2.png Spd/Def Form 3
If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Spd/Def+X to unit during combat (X = 2 × number of allies within 2 spaces, + 1; max 7).

wx73pNZ.png Spd/Res Oath 3
At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Spd/Res+5 to unit for 1 turn.

You can also earn some Divine Codes: Ephemera 9 by reaching the 6,000 score, and a Earth Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

The next event in the series, titled Life & Death 4, is scheduled for Ver. 6.10.0. Because the story of Life & Death is told through a series of events,
you will be able to view the story on the Tempest Trials+ event page after the event is over, even if you didn't participate in it.

Okay, Lif being the ascended as a concept is a little disappointing, but the lore they wrote makes...some...sense. (Isn't he supposed to be off plotting theoscide with Thrasir and the dark fairies?) I like the concept of Ganglot re-raising him from the dead to make him reassume his role (he seems to not want to do all this, but is at least playing the part. Since he's who he is, he's probably trying to come up with a way to use his relative autonomy to his advantage in not killing Eir while making Ganglot think he's totally fallen in line), but there's still that issue of I guess there being 2 Lif's around now. That said, since Hel connects to all the realms and takes on all their dead, this could actually be a different Lif from a timeline in which Kiran & Co. lost against Hel and Lif, but it's just kind of more convoluted than it had to be. As happy as I am for Joshua to no longer be the sole male ascended hero (and as much as I love Lif's new horse and that, in a way, it reflects his dead dad's unit), I feel like it would have been better to use Surtr, Gustav, or dead Sharena instead.

THAT SAID I suppose it could be that Ganglot summoned Lif away from his god-murdering plans, and bound and upgraded him in the process. I don't think it will come up, though, since it's in Lif's best interests not to mention what he was up to while free of a ruler of Hel. (Also, plot-wise, it doesn't make much sense why Ganglot wouldn't also summon Thrasir, unless she just doesn't have the power to yet.)

... Man, I want to summon Ascended Lif. I hope we get to see what Ascended Eir looks like by the end of this installment, too. Not to mention Ganglot. Will she just be a purple flame in a shadow with a scythe silhouette in the background forever? Probably not, but that sure would be different.

Well, if Thorr doesn't count, the quota "Ice and Flame" for new/ascended characters had been set and if Thorr does count, then I hope we see ascended Thrasir. Ganglot's speech to Lif was interesting; Ganglot is asserting dominance over Lif, but if it is the same Lif that's with the Gods, then I'd imagine he's already ten steps ahead.

20 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Man, I want to summon Ascended Lif. I hope we get to see what Ascended Eir looks like by the end of this installment, too. Not to mention Ganglot. Will she just be a purple flame in a shadow with a scythe silhouette in the background forever? Probably not, but that sure would be different.

I would expect Ascended Líf to be this month's Ascended Hero in the New Heroes banner later the month, just like how Muspell was released later September 2021 after he appeared in the TT earlier that same month.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would expect Ascended Líf to be this month's Ascended Hero in the New Heroes banner later the month, just like how Muspell was released later September 2021 after he appeared in the TT earlier that same month.

Yeah, that's my guess, too.

Awww okay, Mordecai finding friends to feed the birds with was just so wholesome. I'm glad they focused more on him and people like him instead of rehashing all the Lyn stuff they've already put out there!

10 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Awww okay, Mordecai finding friends to feed the birds with was just so wholesome. I'm glad they focused more on him and people like him instead of rehashing all the Lyn stuff they've already put out there!

Agreed, that was so cute!! D'aww... :'3

I'm glad Lyn agreed his way of celebrating the festival was better too, the whole scene gave me such warm and fuzzies :'3

Man, I totally forgot to write about the end of this event. Anyway, I like it, and it clearly takes place before Lif manages to break free of Ganglot's control. It's cool that you can still see a bit of Alfonse in him regarding how he talks to others. Like, "Sorry about this, Eir, but I have to kill you and I don't actually have a choice." So polite and straightforward. I wonder if all those souls Eir's been collecting (reminds me of a certain quest in Pokemon Legends: Arceus) will be what winds up empowering Eir. Like, "She's our princess and we want to help protect her somehow!" and Ymir is all "the wishes of your people are giving you power!" and Eir becomes a magical girl an ascended hero that way. And she manages to get Lif to try to break away from Ganglot's control and that's when the Writhe animation happens. And in the end, Lif and Eir work together as Ganglot goes after them both herself (and becomes summonable at the end of the event.)

Edit: Also, kind of hoping Ganglot is a cavalry dragon so I can make a cav dragon team out of the FEH gods who are not goats, bats, bovines, or human-shaped (Loki, Thorr, Hel) without repeats (such as Summer Nifl or Flame Tribe Muspell.) This would also require me to summon Nifl someday, but she just doesn't want to come to my barracks.

Edit: So, I forgot to say this, I think, but since Lif isn't Ganglot's ascended hero, I wonder if we really will get to see a different ascended hero for Hel. It could be Thrasir or Sharena since they got a lot of focus in Lif's flashbacks and it looks like this bit with Lif might be covered in this Life vs Death thing. Ganglot just needs to raise one of them from the dead, power her up (or him; still could be Surtr or Gustav) and send said person off to kill Eir and deal with this defiant Lif problem. (She might try to handle both herself, but with her horde powers, I don't see why she would.)

Edited by Mercakete