Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

It's narrowed to three possible options: Lumera Emblem (the most valuable option), a weird Alear thing, or a Heroes character. Don't get why they'd keep the Heroes character hidden and not just say "13 emblems". This makes me believe it's a plot detail, it'd explain why the white dragon is so prominent on the box if it's some crazy plot event with Lumera.

Edited by Seazas

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This censored 13th emblem thing is just reminding me of the Xenoblade 3 trailer that censored the first Hero you get. So there's precedence for trailers doing that.  At least this time the edit was less obvious.

67567464875.thumb.png.94b337cd49c6af12a4c1f252f1e26af0.png

Edited by Azurere

5 hours ago, Seazas said:

It's narrowed to three possible options: Lumera Emblem (the most valuable option), a weird Alear thing, or a Heroes character. Don't get why they'd keep the Heroes character hidden and not just say "13 emblems". This makes me believe it's a plot detail, it'd explain why the white dragon is so prominent on the box if it's some crazy plot event with Lumera.

I won't be surprised of if is the White Dragon; it's kind of obvious that villains want all of the original ones to summon their cobra dragon god and they've already figured out how to make an synthetic Lucina ring.

33 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I won't be surprised of if is the White Dragon; it's kind of obvious that villains want all of the original ones to summon their cobra dragon god and they've already figured out how to make an synthetic Lucina ring.

That seems to be the most likely outcome. It'd support Tiki having a whole dragon engage mechanic and where they got the base resources + ideas from.                     

Doing some calcs, and by the looks of it, we may get a final trailer soonish. We have two more emblems to be revealed which should be tomorrow (unless Japan has their own boxing day equivalent in which we probably wont get anything tomorrow probably) and Friday, and we have seven more characters to get twitter profiles, three this week, and then the final four next week. If this plays out this way, next Friday should possibly be a final trailer (presumably to go over everything) and us getting the game system section of the website.

Edited by Azz

I saw ppl talking about how the game might give you the choice between Solm or Elusia, while I do think there's a chance for that, keep in mind that if it were to be 1 singular path it'd most likely be Solm first since the website has that set of characters after Brodia's.

Kagetsu's trailer being set in Solm doesn't mean anything since skirmishes is basically confirmed.

1 hour ago, Crubat said:

I saw ppl talking about how the game might give you the choice between Solm or Elusia, while I do think there's a chance for that, keep in mind that if it were to be 1 singular path it'd most likely be Solm first since the website has that set of characters after Brodia's.

Kagetsu's trailer being set in Solm doesn't mean anything since skirmishes is basically confirmed.

I disagree. Timerra and Solm's exclusion from the Elusian conflict is far too glaring. Elusia has to come first otherwise we'd see Timerra standing side by side with Alfred, Marth, Alear, Diamant, and Alcryst when they were confronting Hyacinth and Hortensia within a trailer. It's more likely that we get Ivy and co. first after handling Brodia's crisis with Elusia then we go to Solm sometime later.

11 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Elusia has to come first otherwise we'd see Timerra standing side by side with Alfred, Marth, Alear, Diamant, and Alcryst when they were confronting Hyacinth and Hortensia within a trailer.

They could have multiple boss battles lol

11 minutes ago, Crubat said:

They could have multiple boss battles lol

That's not really likely. Even if they do, we see Hortensia in a different place from her initial encounter so it's already deeper into the game than just Brodia territory. Diamant and Jade's gameplay footage even took place on a snow map without Solm units, Elusia's the only place with snow. We clearly see that we're in Elusia with no Solm units in sight. There's more supporting Elusia coming before Solm than the alternative. We never saw any Solm units fighting in Elusia maps while we see Hortensia's gameplay in a Solm-type map. Solm being lategame desert stuff also aligns with how other FE games did it. 

Edited by Seazas

There's also the fact that a good portion of the Solmians are prepromotes. Pandreo is a high priest, Bunet is a great knight, Pannette is a berserker... Not so sure about Fogado but he might be prepromoted too. All in all, they definitely look like later joiners.

I do really hope that we get the deepest Elusia things done before Solm. It'd be a little out of place if we're right in the middle of a hectic bloody war between two of the four notable kingdoms only to be met with Timerra's super cheery "let's have fun!!!" moment. Solm sitting everything out is funnier too.

Hello ! Maybe those questions have already been answered , but I can't find them among all the pages of the forum :

In Citrinne's gameplay clip , you can see that she has a 3 range attack radius when you select her. However , once she select her tome , it goes back to 2 range. Is one of the tomes she's holding be something like thoron , and allow 3 range ? From my understanding , we're back to non breakable Fates weapons , so perhaps these unique weapons attributes could be balanced by harsh doding penalties or the inability to do follow up attacks.

And second , there is something I don't understand about the Break mechanic. Close quarter combats units are strong against Tomes/Daggers/Bows , but what's the point of breaking an archer exactly ? They can't attack back at 1 range to begin with (unless they brought back a specifc skill or bow type that can do it). Does the Break state is still applied to the ennemy unit throughout the entirety of player phase ? Because if so , I would understand why the ranged classes can't break , since they would neutralize lots of threats with minimum risk.

Thanks in advance for the answers !

For Citrinne, we know that Elthunder is 1-3 range, but can't do a follow-up. Other spells have different ranges. Fire seems to have 1-2, and the Elsurge tome (new element) is 1-range, but has 100% accuracy.

For Breaking, it does apply for the entirety of the phase. You can't do any kind of counterattack until your phase comes back. So yeah, it is why ranged weapons can't Break. We aren't sure if bows have any more range than just 2 spaces, though.

20 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

For Citrinne, we know that Elthunder is 1-3 range, but can't do a follow-up. Other spells have different ranges. Fire seems to have 1-2, and the Elsurge tome (new element) is 1-range, but has 100% accuracy.

For Breaking, it does apply for the entirety of the phase. You can't do any kind of counterattack until your phase comes back. So yeah, it is why ranged weapons can't Break. We aren't sure if bows have any more range than just 2 spaces, though.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply ! Sounds like Fire's accuracy must have been nerfed if Elsurge exists.

And that's very interesting. At first , I thought it would maybe trivialize a lot of stronger promoted units in the early games , or even bosses you fought , but if ennemies can dogpile a specific unit without any risk of dying if they break you , I think it balances it out.

In regards to the timeline of events, I think it will go Lythos->Firene->Brodia->Elusia->Solm->Elusia again if the first time we leave Elusia they aren't our allies->Endgame where we seemingly travel the continent again if Firene on fire means anaything

I can't see there being a Brodia/Solm route split. All the Solm retainers are pre-promoted meanwhile all our Brodians are in base classes.

By the looks of it, we'll go to Firene, go to Brodia for reinforcements and to help them push back the Elusians, go to Elusia for revenge cause we all know king Brodia is dying, Sombron will merc us and possibly kill Hyacinth, encouraging Ivy and Hortensia to join us, we'll turn tail to Solm for reinforcements, then we'll head either head back to Elusia in which Hyacinth will then kick the bucket and the Elusians will join us, or that will already have happened and the entire continent will fall asunder with Sombron back.

Don't how we'll fit in an entire journey around the continent and have all our shmucks by chapter 17 where Firene is on fire and Zephia has Sigurd and Griss has Celica but whatevs.

Random overview trailer posted! Not TOO much new, but there's some more evidence of more characters than what we've been shown. There's an entire scrapbook that fills in as you recruit units, organized by nation. There's a page for "Unaligned" characters like Yunaka, who would be the only person to be in such page if she was the only Unaligned character.

Also the music is really cool and I'm glad you can get some really baller camera angles with the camera.

EDIT: The JP website updated with the Game System section too!

Edited by KoriCongo

There's a video on the site which actually goes into a bit more detail into some of Sigurd's skills:

• Canter enables movement of 2 spaces after taking an action (feels rather FEH like, doesn't it).

• Sigurd gives Hit +10 at Bond 1, and Hit +15 at Bond 4.

• Gallop increases Mov by 5 as we already know.

• Override confers a Penetrate (Echoes combat art) effect during the attack; interestingly it doesn't specify the chaining effect of it which we've seen plenty; makes me wonder what happens if you place an ally in between a line of enemies. It's limited to 1-range, but open to both sword and lance.

• At Bond 2, Sigurd gives the 'heavy' type of Lance prowess (Lance Impact perhaps?). At level 1, this grants Atk+2 at the cost of Avo-10. Bond 6 unlocks level 2 of this skill.

• Momentum adds 1Atk for each square moved before an attack, capped at +10. This doesn't seem to apply for any attack beyond the first.

• SI is unlocked at Bond 5 as we already know.

This actually clarifies a certain battle forecast seen in Sigurd's trailer all the way back, in Chloe's segment at the beginning:

image.png

Her damage is 21 for first strike and 15 for the second.

She's at Bond 7 with Sigurd, so Momentum is enabled.

Her movement as a base Lance Flier and Synced with Sigurd is 6 (5 for unit type + 1 from Sigurd's ring).

Her damage on first hit is exactly 6 more than the second (which would be her expected Mt from attacking with the javelin), consistent with the Momentum effect.

Now after this, Canter activates and Chloe has up to 2 movement to use.

This means that her turn was maximising her 6 movement, then attacking the enemy mage, and then Cantering away. So in effect it's not a classic Super Canto (or Canto (Rem.) in FEH terms), but more of a FEH Canto (x).

Edited by tipperthescales

2 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

There's a video on the site which actually goes into a bit more detail into some of Sigurd's skills:

• Canter enables movement of 2 spaces after taking an action (feels rather FEH like, doesn't it).

• Sigurd gives Hit +10 at Bond 1, and Hit +15 at Bond 4.

• Gallop increases Mov by 5 as we already know.

• Override confers a Penetrate (Echoes combat art) effect during the attack; interestingly it doesn't specify the chaining effect of it which we've seen plenty; makes me wonder what happens if you place an ally in between a line of enemies. It's limited to 1-range, but open to both sword and lance.

• At Bond 2, Sigurd gives the 'heavy' type of Lance prowess (Lance Impact perhaps?). At level 1, this grants Atk+2 at the cost of Avo-10. Bond 6 unlocks level 2 of this skill.

• Momentum adds 1Atk for each square moved before an attack, capped at +10. This doesn't seem to apply for any attack beyond the first.

• SI is unlocked at Bond 5 as we already know.

This actually clarifies a certain battle forecast seen in Sigurd's trailer all the way back, in Chloe's segment at the beginning:

image.png

Her damage is 21 for first strike and 15 for the second.

She's at Bond 7 with Sigurd, so Momentum is enabled.

Her movement as a base Lance Flier and Synced with Sigurd is 6 (5 for unit type + 1 from Sigurd's ring).

Her damage on first hit is exactly 6 more than the second (which would be her expected Mt from attacking with the javelin), consistent with the Momentum effect.

Now after this, Canter activates and Chloe has up to 2 movement to use.

This means that her turn was maximising her 6 movement, then attacking the enemy mage, and then Cantering away. So in effect it's not a classic Super Canto (or Canto (Rem.) in FEH terms), but more of a FEH Canto (x).

Ooh, thank you for spotting this! You have a really good eye for detail, AND a good mind for remembering really old details! Awesome! I wonder if all Canto versions will be the FEH style or if Sigurd is an exception since he's giving it to a non-mounted unit.

Also, here's Ike's breakdown (along with confirmation of heavy weapons Smashing instead of getting follow-up attacks and the existence of the world map):

One thing of interest is if a Smashed unit bounces off an obstacle or another unit, they also get Broken. (See the thief having the 🚫 over their weapon icon after the wallbounce.)

Makes heavy weapons / Smash not a strict downgrade if the enemy is bunched up (though if you have Sigurd ready to roll, Override steamrolling them' probably the better option haha).

Seems like Ike's Engage Attack only uses axe and sword, since Louis and Timerra auto change to Hammer when equipped with lance.

And I wonder if Smashing enemies prevent them from attacking the second time (if possible) too, since, you know, they are pushed away. That would make great weapons psudo-Wary Fighter (on player phase) too

- Ike's first synchro skill raises Def and Res by 5 whenever you're under 75% HP.

- The hammer(Ike's at least) is stronger than a silver axe, but that's explained by it being a heavy weapon, aka it attacks last, cannot double, and inflicts Smash when you initiate.
  - Presumed stats are 18 mt, 55 Hit, 0 Crit

- Ike's engage skill, as we've known, puts your character at 0 Avoid and halves all damage received. If a dragonborn, you take 10% less damage than that(presumably they mean 40%).

- His engage attacks seems to raise Def by 10 and Res by 5 during the turn where you take all attacks. Then it seems to be a regular Aoe at the start of player phase, although I'm not entirely sure of the value healed. It may be 30% of damage capped at 10. And as kienquocsi said, it seems restricted to Axes and Swords(or at very least, no Lances), which I'm assuming is generally a thing for engage attacks. Weapon restrictions I mean.
  - We're also shown that chain attacks are basically the only danger for the characters in that footage. Their damage doesn't seem reduced by Ike's damage halving skill either.

Lv 1 Bond Ike seems to boost HP, Str, and Def.
The cape physics in Roy's and Ike's summon animation look quite whack. The cut in Ike's is abrupt too, just like with Lucina.
We see promoted Boucheron, and Sword Knight Yunaka, whose armor is golden for some reason.

23 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Seems like Ike's Engage Attack only uses axe and sword, since Louis and Timerra auto change to Hammer when equipped with lance.

And I wonder if Smashing enemies prevent them from attacking the second time (if possible) too, since, you know, they are pushed away. That would make great weapons psudo-Wary Fighter (on player phase) too

Haven't we seen enemies double the Smash user before they got to act ? I can't quite remember where, but I think that's happened?

Edited by Cysx

So looking at the world map video, if we assume each landmark is a map, that would mean 6-7 maps in firene

EDIT: Remembered that DLC unlocks at chapter 5, which makes sense because the story continues to Brodia but I assume we'll get access to 2 different paths one to brodia and one to the DLC south west of firene

Edited by Crubat