Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

Yeah, it is pretty easy to forget that 3H's marketing cycle was equally as bad. They showed off the characters in House groups instead of singular updates, we weren't sure how the game even played until like 2 months before release with the Direct, there was no major previews.

NoA just prefers to not give marketing to RPGs like that. The same was seen with Xenoblade 3's release cycle, they just wait til they have a big push of information like a new trailer and then publish that.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's possible that the launch trailer for Engage might be featured in some sort of January Nintendo direct. February (Kirby) , March (Bayonetta) , and May (Zelda) are all covered but everything else is up in the air , so I expect a direct sooner than later , especially with other games like Pikmin 4/AW still not having a precise release date.

It might not be much , but Nintendo directs target a wider audience so getting one final proper trailer as a last push could be appreciated. They might drop some additonal DLC information , considering the main game has been finished for a long time if rumors are to be trusted , so they're probably already developping the end of wave 2 or the beginning of wave 3.

Heavy armor can't be broken and the have the usual weaknesses that we all know and love. Outside of the Tellius mage, whose name that I can't correctly spell, we can also set bonfires to shed some light within the darkness. Outside of, you know, seeing what's nearby, I think that they won't be that useful unless it's an consumable or something's following you. Might be interesting  if they go out after an few turns, though

Edited by Armchair General

Micaiah is essentially the White Mage counterpart towards Celica offensive magic. Her passive allows anyone to use an staff, attacking with her signature weapon slightly improves your vision on fog on those fog of war maps, her Engage Skill increases the range of staves by an fair amount. And her ultimate move completely heals everyone by one and reduces the owner down to 1 hp. But if it's used by an "dragon unit" then the up reduction goes down to 30%

Personally, I think that it's an great way of farming exp; of course it won't be efficient equipping her with Alear. Other than that, it's basically turns basically anyone into an staffbot

Edited by Armchair General

Don't forget as well that until Pandreo (or I suppose Ivy or Hortensia), no-one else starts in a class with staff availability other than Framme (sure you could grind Clanne / Citrinne / Celine to promote, but point still stands).

The Torch effect on shine is kind of funny but works I suppose.

The Amplify Engage skill also increases the area of effect of staves to 0~1 from the target square (as seen with the ice block obstructs).

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

Don't forget as well that until Pandreo (or I suppose Ivy or Hortensia), no-one else starts in a class with staff availability other than Framme (sure you could grind Clanne / Citrinne / Celine to promote, but point still stands).

Chloe too, thanks to Griffon. Though thinking about it, it's likely that unless one of them has a natural staff proficiency, then it's possible you'd have to put Miccy on them for a while anyway to help them gain the aptitude for staffs anyway. 

I can only hope FoW happens very rarely, not a fan of those types of maps.

Micaiah is definetly going on Framme if I use her, otherwise she will go on which ever secondary Mage I end up using. 

Anyone have any idea why so many Emblems have additional/altered effects when used by dragon units, when we only have one dragon type unit confirmed playable?

Armor Knights being immune to break is interesting, though I wonder how useful it is gonna end up being. 

7 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

Anyone have any idea why so many Emblems have additional/altered effects when used by dragon units, when we only have one dragon type unit confirmed playable?

More evidence that there's going to be more, if you ask me. Like the extra food bonuses, the wording is too generic to make sense if this is intended to be just an Alear bonus.

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

Who is Micaiah even for? A unit who doesn't have staves but has high magic to use them? So, once everyone is promoted that's just... maybe Seadall?

I think Anna would be a good candidate , especially if you make her a mounted unit. She has surprisingly high magic for an axe fighter. And while that's pure speculation , Yunaka strike me as a thief with an okay magic growth but that's just a gut feeling lol

Also I agree with the "dragon bonus" wording. The weirdest thing about this is the lack of a playable manakete , which you'd expect to be here for an anniversary game considering how popular they are in the franchise. However , it's possible that this second playable dragon is very story relevant like maybe Veyle , or Zephia since she's a descendant of the demon dragons... And the whole sticker sheet that was leaked and had the both of them.

Armours actually having something that makes them useful and stand out omg? I might actually keep Louis and Jade as armours if I do use them if their break immunity seems useful. I really hope there isn't an easily accessible skill that makes armours moot tho, that would be disappointing. They rarely ever have anything that makes them stand out.

Micaiah seems to be just as expected, the most surprising thing is her Shine tome increasing sight in FoW. I feel like its gonna be hard to place her on anyone. Her sync skill is unfortunately gonna be prone to being useless on magic units who already have staff access who would actually want her for her engage skill. Provided mage knights don't have staves, I think she would be useful on someone in that class but other than that am not sure. She will certainly be an emblem that feels like will be the most situational, unless she has amazing engage weapons.

Miccy does seem to come early enough it seems. If the screenshots off of the UK website are to be believed, she may very well join in the same chapter we get Yunaka (chapter 6?). We probably get her so early to make up for the lack of any staff users in early game since all we have is Framme and any unit you manage to promote/class change.

Spoiler

CI_NSwitch_FireEmblemEngage_wheel_s5.jpg

FoW seems strange in this game however. Seems more akin to Revelation chapter 7 FoW where you had to clear the fog before you could actually enter it... May not be very fun to play I think

Edited by Azz

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

Armours actually having something that makes them useful and stand out omg? I might actually keep Louis and Jade as armours if I do use them if their break immunity seems useful. I really hope there isn't an easily accessible skill that makes armours moot tho, that would be disappointing. They rarely ever have anything that makes them stand out.

With Corrin, armor units get arguably the best terrain effect - tiles that prevent break for the allies inside them.

10 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

With Corrin, armor units get arguably the best terrain effect - tiles that prevent break for the allies inside them.

Oh damn. It's about time they gave armours something to do besides fall behind the rest of your army

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Who is Micaiah even for? A unit who doesn't have staves but has high magic to use them? So, once everyone is promoted that's just... maybe Seadall?

If Mage Knight cannot use staff (which seems likely), that's who I'm gonna put Miccy on. And I bet Mystical units will have some bonus to make them worth using with Micaiah

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

She might not be the best for the lategame, but she's useful for having a second staff unit after Framme, but before you recruit Ivy/Hortensia/Pandreo or promote Clanne/Celine/Chloe/Citrinne, which should make early game and early midgame much more bearable. 

As for lategame, she could be useful to help units move a bit further with rewarp, or set up obstacles with icelock to create chokepoints.

I'm really not sure what her summon pose is supposed to reference. Also they gave her a... cutesy vibe ? I don't really think that fits...

Anyway, we already knew basically everything about Micaiah, so, yeah, no big surprises here. Clearly they wanted a staff emblem in here, but I can't complain that it's not fitting this time.

5 hours ago, Ziegenpeter said:

....So any reason why Alfred can't move into the darkness? Is this a general change for FoW maps?

That's a good question... I don't recall ever seeing this. Also Canter doesn't activate after lighting that torch.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Staff range is often locked in Engage, no amount of Mag will push that Physic, Warp, etc range beyond 5 as far as we know, but she can. Plus some staves don't require magic to be useful either. Finally, almost no emblem gives +Mag as a bonus... in other words, she's kinda useful on anyone, beyond potential type bonuses we don't know about.

Iceblock seems really good by the way, 10 uses and inexpensive if I recall? Although I guess Corrin can just generate a billion of those as well

Yunaka's dagger(also Merrin's) seems remarkably strong. Since it appears thieves start at S-rank, I wonder if we'll just be able to dump all our money into a super knife early on.

Edited by Cysx

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I'm really not sure what her summon pose is supposed to reference. Also they gave her a... cutesy vibe ? I don't really think that fits...

Interesting, the summon pose actually references her Cipher art:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Hide contents

It's almost the same as her artwork pose tbh, just changing her right hand's pose and swapping the bird for a tome

Edited by kienquocsi

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

Hide contents

Thanks! That's a choice all right...

2 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

It's almost the same as her artwork pose tbh, just changing her right's hand pose and swapping Yune for a tome

Idk, those have generally been pretty accurate. This one also has a "strike a pose" vibe that isn't there in the original.

Edited by Cysx

I am curious about the order the Emblems will be obtained. Marth is almost certainly gonna be the first, but the others I find trickier to pinpoint. I imagine each kingdom will have two Emblem rings themselves, we have seen that Elusiya (seemingly) has Lyn and Lucina. Queen Eve of Firene says her country has an Emblem ring, and Timerra wears one in her intro cinematic. 

Based on the previews we have gotten thus far the order is:

Spoiler

Marth->Sigurd->Celica->Micaiah->Roy->Leif

After that it's unknown though Ike comes with Timerra by the looks of it and presumably you get Lyn and Lucina when you get Ivy and Hortensia

Edited by Azz