Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

7 minutes ago, Lut-ang said:

What staff rank does Micaiah grants to units? Can she possibly grant access to Warp?

Based on this video (specific time stamp is 3:32, may be potential spoilers in the rest of the video), she only gives C rank, though, I do presume this can be levelled up

Spoiler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Based on this video (specific time stamp is 3:32, may be potential spoilers in the rest of the video), she only gives C rank, though, I do presume this can be levelled up

Hide contents

I thought weapon rank was fixed with the classes in this game? You mean with proficiency? Does proficiency add + 1 to weapon rank?

4 minutes ago, Lut-ang said:

I thought weapon rank was fixed with the classes in this game? You mean with proficiency? Does proficiency add + 1 to weapon rank?

We have seen that you can improve the skill itself, so hopefully via bond or through upgrading the emblems you can upgrade Micaiah's staff skill that you can get higher than C rank.

58 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

I am curious about the order the Emblems will be obtained. Marth is almost certainly gonna be the first, but the others I find trickier to pinpoint. I imagine each kingdom will have two Emblem rings themselves, we have seen that Elusiya (seemingly) has Lyn and Lucina. Queen Eve of Firene says her country has an Emblem ring, and Timerra wears one in her intro cinematic. 

Given what what we've seen so far:

Marth was kept with Alear

We see in the First Fire Emblem video that Lumera is engaged with Sigurd so it's in Lythos with her

I think it's safe to say that Firene has Celica given the early game nature 

Roy is confirmed to be with Brodia

Lyn definitely seems to be Elusia

We've seen at least one cutscene of Timerra with Ike so I presume he's with Solm

1 hour ago, Metal Flash said:

I am curious about the order the Emblems will be obtained. Marth is almost certainly gonna be the first, but the others I find trickier to pinpoint. I imagine each kingdom will have two Emblem rings themselves, we have seen that Elusiya (seemingly) has Lyn and Lucina. Queen Eve of Firene says her country has an Emblem ring, and Timerra wears one in her intro cinematic. 

Micaiah is with Yunaka I believe, while Ivy has Leif as an enemy in the Brodian defense chapter

Some early(late?)-posted clips showcasing the new Overview trailer and Character Creation

任天堂株式会社 on Twitter: "[トピックス]『ファイアーエムブレム エンゲージ』のTVCMや紹介映像を公開。シリーズを遊んだことのない方に向けた映像「はじめてのファイアーエムブレム」も公開中。 #FEエンゲージ" / Twitter

『ファイアーエムブレム』総合 on Twitter: "『ファイアーエムブレム エンゲージ』のTVCMや紹介映像を公開しました。「ファイアーエムブレム」シリーズを遊んだことのない方に向けた映像「はじめてのファイアーエムブレム」も公開中ですので、ぜひご覧ください。 #FEエンゲージ" / Twitter

『ファイアーエムブレム』総合 on Twitter: "難易度は「ノーマル」「ハード」「ルナティック」の3段階があります。ファイアーエムブレムをはじめて遊ばれる方や、中級者は「ノーマル」を、腕に自信のある方は「ハード」「ルナティック」に挑戦してみるのも良いかもしれません。#FEエンゲージ https://t.co/OuvfxQv0dZ" / Twitter

『ファイアーエムブレム』総合 on Twitter: "難易度とは別に、モードは2種類あります。「カジュアル」は倒れた仲間が次の章で復帰するお手軽なモードです。「クラシック」は倒れた仲間は戻らないので、じっくりと考えるモードです。#FEエンゲージ https://t.co/vhIhZafzIb" / Twitter

Updated Relationship Chart

『ファイアーエムブレム』総合 on Twitter: "本作に登場するキャラクターたちの関係性はこんな感じです。キャラクター同士のいろいろな関係を、プレイしながら見つけてみてはいかがでしょうか。#FEエンゲージ https://t.co/2MRyzW3hlk" / Twitter

And two three commercials released for the internet and JP TVs

Contains a darker reprise of the main theme

Edited by KoriCongo

5 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

A ha! Yunaka is Brodian!

Holy shit didn't even realize it

I guess adding Jean to Firene, and the nations' cast is complete

33 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Sombron is fucking ripped

Edited by kienquocsi

7 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

A ha! Yunaka is Brodian!

Hmm, wonder what compelled them to spoil that? Despite updating the site, they still say that Yunaka is Stateless in her profile, and we know she occupies the Stateless section in-game. I wonder if they want to pull a twist with Brodia, given that we can infer she stole Micaiah's Ring from the Firenese Vault.

The character creation options you get after selecting your form are:
Name
Date of birth
Difficulty (Normal, Hard, or Lunatic)
Mode (Casual or Classic)
Growth Method (I guess PoR fixed mode is returning)
Network (Online functionality)

10 minutes ago, Popers1328 said:

Difficulty (Normal, Hard, or Lunatic)

Unfortunate but expected. I really feel like 3 difficulties doesn't provide enough of a gradient, personally. 5 difficulties (Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic, Infernal) is the sweetspot where more players can really hit their "challenged, but not frustrated" point. Which is why a lot of new Fire Emblems don't quite feel right to me. I usually land on too easy or too difficult, with nowhere inbetween.

14 minutes ago, Popers1328 said:

Growth Method (I guess PoR fixed mode is returning)

I'm pretty sure this is more Boons and Banes than Fixed Mode. Fixed Mode wouldn't really make any sense in a game where we have infinite grinding and reclassing to Level 1?

19 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

I'm pretty sure this is more Boons and Banes than Fixed Mode. Fixed Mode wouldn't really make any sense in a game where we have infinite grinding and reclassing to Level 1?

I didn't think it was boons or banes because it's listed between options difficulty and network settings. It would be weird to switch back and forth between a gameplay option for your character and your game settings. Alear seems more similar to Byleth than the fully customizable Robin or Corrin so it would make sense for them to not have Boons or Banes just like Byleth. Also there's no reason why having infinite grinding would interfere with fixed mode's purpose. Most RPGs in general don't use randomized stat growths and most RPGs allow for infinite grinding, so that seems pretty standard. If anything, having infinite grinding makes randomized stat growths obsolete. Random growths allow for a character to be blessed or screwed in certain stats, but if you can infinitely grind, you can just level up until their low stat is patched up. Personally, I prefer random growths because they add weight to the decision whether or not to reset after a death i.e. deciding not to reset for a character that died because someone else got a perfect level up. But people have different preferences and some people play without permadeath and for whatever reason, might want to play in fixed mode. Who knows, maybe someone will use the arena feature to create an Averages Unleashed tournament in Engage.

Edit: To clarify in case anyone's wondering, I can't read Japanese. I just copied the Kanji and pasted it into a translator. The option says 成長方式

Edited by Popers1328

Hi, I'm new here, nice to meet you all.

I took a few screen shots from a certain video and it's interesting:

https://imgur.com/a/g7SJSCt

Every class that Celene can change into. Looks like every class have two promotion options (ex. Lance Fighter promote into Halabaldier and Royal Knight) except unique classes and Thief (for some reason).

I wonder if you engage Alfred with Ike will he halve a dmg twice?

Looks like flying classes are female exclusive (both Gryphon and Wyvern are promotion of Sword/Lance/Axe Fliers), which makes Rosado even more interesting, unless males can only reclass to Gryphon/Wyvern while females can promote.

Screen shot taken from this vid: 

40 minutes ago, Garok said:

Every class that Celene can change into. Looks like every class have two promotion options (ex. Lance Fighter promote into Halabaldier and Royal Knight) except unique classes and Thief (for some reason).

Right, but we also know from Vander class changing directly from a Paladin into a Berserker that you don't have to be the unpromoted class to unlock the promoted class if your current class is already promoted. Thief is listed as a Special class. It's likely Seagall's Dancer class be will too (and maybe a unique class for Veyle too hopefully). You can already see that Thieves learn the skill Pass at level 25, so it's likely they work like special classes in Awakening or Fates (Dancer, Singer, Manakete, Taguel, etc.) where they just have a higher level cap in exchange for being unable to promote.

I wonder if you engage Alfred with Ike will he halve a dmg twice?

I see no reason why not, assuming he is engaged with Ike when his skill procs.

Looks like flying classes are female exclusive (both Gryphon and Wyvern are promotion of Sword/Lance/Axe Fliers), which makes Rosado even more interesting, unless males can only reclass to Gryphon/Wyvern while females can promote.

Celine is the only character we've seen the full class list for. Any male character's we've seen such as Louis, Alfred, Vander, Alcryst, or Alear have only had a portion of their list shown to us. Considering the player had to scroll all the way down to the bottom half of the list to see the flying classes for Celine, there's no reason to assume that males can't become fliers. It's entirely plausible those classes will be there if you just scroll down on a male character's reclass list.

Considering Griffon Knights exist as an effectively reskinned version of Falcon Knights, it's likely that male characters will be able to become them. There's not really any reason to swap Falcon Knights to Griffon Knights if not to give a justification for allowing males to reclass into them. Even then, the unpromoted version would still be unavailable to them. There's a decent possibility that there are no gender-locked classes in this game at all.

apparently we're not only getting a girl called Panettone, but there's also a dude called Pandoro

what exactly is it that went this wrong with Engage's character names

28 minutes ago, Popers1328 said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you're supposed to reread your post to check for typos before you hit submit.

I mean, if you ask me it was a grand thing that the mistake slipped past you lol

52 minutes ago, Yexin said:

apparently we're not only getting a girl called Panettone, but there's also a dude called Pandoro

what exactly is it that went this wrong with Engage's character names

There's a very set theme naming, with every nation having one.

Firene -- French
Brodia -- Stones
Elusia -- Flowers
Solm -- Italian Desserts

22 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

There's a very set theme naming, with every nation having one.

Firene -- French
Brodia -- Stones
Elusia -- Flowers
Solm -- Italian Desserts

well i'd be inclined to agree with you there, if only i knew what "fogato", "mistilla/mistira", melin/merin", "bone" and "seadas" were
granted, not even localized names remind me of italian desserts, but i guess i shouldn't think about this too much

i just find it funny, that's all

EDIT: looked for those names, and apparently:
-Bunet is a dessert from the Piedmont region (i knew the dessert and i find it delicious but i didn't know its name nor its origin region honestly)
-Merrin is probably referring to Meringues i guess?
-Timerra maybe is a corruption of Tiramisu...?
-Seadas are apparently a dessert from Sardinia, actually never heard of them (some "intriguing" folks might say Sardinia isn't even part of Italy)

honestly no idea about Fogado/Fogato though

Edited by Yexin