Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

48 minutes ago, Crubat said:

I could've sworn we saw an emblem attack on their own but looking back, I didn't find any of the sort. Now this raises the question, why do we see three separate damage numbers on some of the combat in the trailer? I originally thought it was an emblem's attack but it seems not likely. Can units attack 3 times in this game? Maybe if their speed is higher by 10? or is it just a skill? Just food for thought.

Yeah in the trailer we see in her inventory a sword and a tome so she definitely wields both of those like Celica herself. And Celica was the one who gave her the staff.

Not exactly true, although 2 are greyed out, Sigurd was able to give Alfred 5 skills. I assume you can unlock them after engaging.

image.png.fd012942bedceb6f9442f5ee95ae99b2.png

Yeah, I think the 3 attacks possibly come from engaging since we've only seen it with Alear and Marth engaged IIRC.

Ah, okay that's cool and makes more sense (also looks nicer). It just seemed like 5 skills wouldn't fit on the UI but now it makes sense. Must be from engaging/getting a better bond with the emblem.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Yeah, I think the 3 attacks possibly come from engaging since we've only seen it with Alear and Marth engaged IIRC.

We've seen one other instance of it and they aren't engagedimage.thumb.png.2acdc4791c55eb4ccddfa3655d8a95a3.png

1 minute ago, Lut-ang said:

Do you guys think they'd add an online feature like Summoner Duels for this game? or something akin to that on Shadow Dragon? Would be cool to have a 12vs12 battle with all the emblems.

There's nothing that suggests otherwise so far, but I kinda doubt it since fates online battles weren't that popular with the community. Maybe an AI battle with other players' teams, I can see that.

oh no, oh no, oh nonono.

well, i know it, you know it, every FE fans know it: " is a hero among heroes who's extremely noble and charismatic " yep, one big serving of Marth pandering. back to warrior again. But im glad its half confirmed that the emblem is not actual person getting "spirited away". no way actual marth become sleep fairy who keep staring at alear for thousand years. that would suck big time to every realm they come from. also thats just asking for another war in their respective world when the biggest hero suddenly disappear or their original body stuck in limbo. when they are on their peak no less.

cant wait to test which action caused running animation when initiating combat and what not. since in trailer it was similar to echoes with initial animation being running to enemy, not a stand-off like in tweet.

Didn't see anyone point it out but Alear has 305 SP in the Marth video. Gonna be interesting to see how SP actually works. Also we can see that Alear and Marth's bond is level 6 and it has an exp bar as well. Considering this seems to be very early game, I'd say around chapter 2/3, I wonder how fast bond actually levels up.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That was a surprise batch of tweets (and I didn't expect Emblems to be in the roster either), thanks for sharing these and the translations, Vincent! Again, Crubat got most of what I wanted to say, so I'll cover the rest:

• Marth has a special title "Emblem of Beginnings". I wonder if he's special or if every Emblem will have a special title? That could be fun! He's also referred to as "Emblem Marth" each time. Hmm...
  • And Marth boosts evasion! Was that one of his skills in the trailer? Either way, it's nice to know a little more about what differentiates each ring. I guess Engaging will be an important mechanic if it's even higher up than "Attack" in the menu! Also as Crubat said, it's a really cool QoL feature that you can Engage from the forecast screen too, and its presence there hopefully means we can cancel it if it doesn't give us the extra firepower we need in said forecast (like how you can check how useful Combat Arts/ Gambits would be in 3H).
  • Given the location of the conversation, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the Somniel conversation we saw was available in the trailers. If Marth was "always watching over" Alear, it makes me think that the Emblems aren't the real Heroes after all, but rather recreations or snapshots taken of them at a certain point in time and preserved in Elyos (hence the "Emblem" prefix). That should simplify any time travel/ multiversal questions people have, at any rate. Also, if there was any doubt, Marth seems to be Alear's canon partner. I wonder what other Emblems will have to say to Alear and/ or if we'll see them hang out with other characters in Somniel?

Also, if we're getting Emblems in these reveals too it'll be interesting to see what order we get them in and who with. Marth, Sigurd and Celica seem to be the first, but we've also seen Roy and Micaiah so they clearly isn't unlocking in chronological order (unless IS is being really sneaky with the press material, I suppose).

-Likely memory versions of the Lords but the real question is why and their connection to Elyos that needs them.
-I Have a feeling Alear can speak with all the Emblems given Avatar MC privilege. While other specific characters might be specific convos to certain Emblems.

-Likely in game order there’s not really much to spoil (unless it’s a preferred character not yet revealed) but most people know them and their games even if they only know them through Heroes.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

14 minutes ago, Azz said:

Didn't see anyone point it out but Alear has 305 SP in the Marth video. Gonna be interesting to see how SP actually works. Also we can see that Alear and Marth's bond is level 6 and it has an exp bar as well. Considering this seems to be very early game, I'd say around chapter 2/3, I wonder how fast bond actually levels up.

You're right I forgot to mention it! So we do earn SP from battling hmm, just 5 though, feels too little considering we started out with 300.

45 minutes ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

-I Have a feeling Alear can speak with all the Emblems given Avatar MC privilege. While other specific characters might be specific convos to certain Emblems.

Yeah, that's what I think the situation will be too, sorry for the weird wording!

44 minutes ago, Crubat said:

You're right I forgot to mention it! So we do earn SP from battling hmm, just 5 though, feels too little considering we started out with 300.

Maybe you get more SP per enemy, but the Alear in this clip used SP on slightly cheaper stuff than the ones in the other trailers? Or maybe you get SP per battle and not for each defeated foe, but that seems like it'd be an easy system to break...

39 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Maybe you get more SP per enemy, but the Alear in this clip used SP on slightly cheaper stuff than the ones in the other trailers? Or maybe you get SP per battle and not for each defeated foe, but that seems like it'd be an easy system to break...

Wait, wdym Alear used SP? And also he does gain SP in this battle even if he didn't kill the enemy

Saw someone on Reddit say that maybe they are releasing stuff every four days~.

Bar Vander -> Cramme (Which was six days), everything has been released between four days of one another (Cramme 22nd, Framme 26th, Marth 30).

So I believe a pattern could be every four days, or, taking the Vander/Cramme gap, every Friday -> Thursday -> Monday -> Friday repeating.

This could also just be me scraping whatever I can together to form somewhat of a pattern since I hate what feels like this random ass update schedule.

49 minutes ago, Azz said:

Bar Vander -> Cramme (Which was six days), everything has been released between four days of one another (Cramme 22nd, Framme 26th, Marth 30).

Vander -> Cramme also includes the weekends. If we're only counting workdays the "four day" theory works out.

Also, you happen to be six months off from the rest of us. If you're in the future, how did Engage turn out?

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Vander -> Cramme also includes the weekends. If we're only counting workdays the "four day" theory works out.

Also, you happen to be six months off from the rest of us. If you're in the future, how did Engage turn out?

Huh?

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh, that's on me, my bad! I thought you said March 30th instead of Marth. Oops!

Awkward... xD

I got you, I'll take the silence for myself!

So the Libération seems to have a special ability, from the item selection menu :

"Dedicated to the dragon
When you attack and defeat an opponent, Engage count +1."

... something like that.

9 hours ago, Crubat said:

-Interesting how even though Marth is present in the battle, he isn't attacking.

I mean, he is attacking with Alear... but I wonder...

... maybe he only gets an additional attack if your character doubles? Sigurd didn't attack either with Alfred...

Another thing, interestingly, it seems like the same enemy as the first trailer, but they're actually stronger. Alear used to double with 9 AS and deal 10 Dmg with 13 Atk. Now he doesn't double with 11 AS and deals 9 Dmg with 15. Similarly, he has less Hit and the enemy has more when it should be the opposite. And the enemy has 4 more Atk. Etc.
... so I think this might be Hard mode ?

Edit: There are two more enemies on the map, too. Seems plausible.

Edited by Cysx

16 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Another thing, interestingly, it seems like the same enemy as the first trailer, but they're actually stronger. Alear used to double with 9 AS and deal 10 Dmg with 13 Atk. Now he doesn't double with 11 AS and deal 9 Dmg with 15. Similarly, he has less Hit and the enemy has more when it should be the opposite. And the enemy has 4 more Atk. Etc.
... so I think this might be Hard mode ?

Edit: There are two more enemies on the map, too. Seems plausible.

English trailer numbers are inaccurate, the japanese trailer had realistic numbers.

Slightly out of topic but did you guys see how Marth breaks the fence when he dodged the enemy attack? It doesn't mean anything gameplay-wise but it's such a nice detail, makes me wonder if there's gonna be a bunch of interactable stuff during battles.

2 minutes ago, Crubat said:

English trailer numbers are inaccurate, the japanese trailer had realistic numbers.

Slightly out of topic but did you guys see how Marth breaks the fence when he dodged the enemy attack? It doesn't mean anything gameplay-wise but it's such a nice detail, makes me wonder if there's gonna be a bunch of interactable stuff during battles.

Actually in that one instance, both the english and japanese trailers had the exact same numbers.

The animations are definitely very smooth, it's a surprise that the emblem would even separate from the character like that. The way he disappears mid dodge is nice a well.

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Actually in that one instance, both the english and japanese trailers had the exact same numbers.

Oh dang, you're right. The enemy in the trailer also has 25 HP while the twitter clip enemy has 27, so yeah if I had to guess it might be hard mode. Crazy how drastic the combat is between the two modes if it is true.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I meant maybe there was a way to spend SP for perks outside of battle. I don't know how I missed the +5 SP in battle though, my bad! Maybe SP could be some sort of Mana system for fueling Engage modes?

I don't think this is true.

Notice how circle around Marth isn't filled at all and never had more, regardless of SP between the clips. And despite having 305 points, Alear couldn't Engage, the option was greyed out.

Now unless the amount of SP to Engage is something like 1000 and they are genuinely asking us to grind up and carry over SP across maps to Engage by 5-10 points per combat, I'm very certain SP is still like it is in Heroes: it is used to unlock skills and skill slots. Important for a game that doesn't appear to have any kind of reclassing.

42 minutes ago, Cysx said:

So the Libération seems to have a special ability, from the item selection menu :

"Dedicated to the dragon

Seems like it will make it faster for Alear to Engage when he gets a kill with it. Seems like they are taking a cue from Heroes with having weapons interact with core mechanics and cooldown acceleration. Front page of SF does guess that it will let him stay Engaged longer, but I don't think it makes much sense, given that it won't let you use the weapons you gain upon Engaging and that it would be silly for Alear to remain Engaged for the entire map this early on.

EDIT: As for the "Pair-Up Attack" deal, I think it is a case that Emblems, or at least Marth, needs to double in order for him to properly attack alongside his bearer. It might be tied to Break Defenses as well.

Edited by KoriCongo

45 minutes ago, Cysx said:

"Dedicated to the dragon

I can't believe I missed that too! Nice catch

5 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

I don't think this is true.

Notice how circle around Marth isn't filled at all and never had more, regardless of SP between the clips. And despite having 305 points, Alear couldn't Engage, the option was greyed out.

Now unless the amount of SP to Engage is something like 1000 and they are genuinely asking us to grind up and carry over SP across maps to Engage by 5-10 points per combat, I'm very certain SP is still like it is in Heroes: it is used to unlock skills and skill slots. Important for a game that doesn't appear to have any kind of reclassing.

Can you elaborate? The clip clearly shows off the circle around Marth is filled out, and the option isn't greyed out?? I'm confused

Yeah I really think SP will be to do with Emblems and you'll only get SP increases when fighting with Emblems to buy Emblem skills. It may be especially important for characters that may not get type bonuses like Alear does with Marth and Alfred does with Sigurd. I doubt it has anything to do with the act of engaging itself, which I believe will be turn count/kill count (based on Libération) based and that you can engage probably at the start of battle, but after a few turns you will disengage and have to wait so many turns to engage again. Alear will probably be pretty busted once you have them ORKO guys on PP.

Meanwhile I feel like the three personal skills units seem to have will be based on character progression. Like one personal skill you get at the start and then two further skills as you level up.

Also, I was looking at trailer footage, and it seems like Emblems may influence animations? I'm sure some people mentioned this but Alear had animations exactly like Marth does in Smash, meanwhile, the battle footage of Alear without Marth from the trailer on the same map is quiet different. A really nice touch.

15 minutes ago, Azz said:

Also, I was looking at trailer footage, and it seems like Emblems may influence animations? I'm sure some people mentioned this but Alear had animations exactly like Marth does in Smash, meanwhile, the battle footage of Alear without Marth from the trailer on the same map is quiet different. A really nice touch.

Would've been cool but we've already seen Alear do this attack without Marth image.png.1e2fc6fc756619f139476d5cdb960a39.png

2 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Would've been cool but we've already seen Alear do this attack without Marth 

Oof at me I guess lol

Doing some more looking and I already mentioned it during the Cramme/Framme videos, but the map design is looking top notch already visually and gameplay wise. This is only what appears to be chapter 2/3 and there are already multiple ways you can tackle it. Other than going north, you can go east and have axe boy and Céline (if she has a sword) take out those guys that have WTD against them, there is an archer close to where Louis and Chloé are alongside a fort so it will be important to have Louis step on to the fort to help prevent Chloé from getting shot down. I know it's very basic, but these little things are really cool and make me appreciate what seem to be smaller and more condense maps.

Also, I noticed those blue circle things on the map as well. I saw some people theorise they are dragon vein like or save points like is DSFE, but I think they'll have something to do with engaging since they have the same aura as the emblems. Whether it be granting more engage counter or even SP maybe, I think that's how they will be used.