Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, Leif trailer. I don't have too much to say that wasn't known about Leif beforehand, but some interesting things to note is that Rosado is shown as a Sword Knight. Yes, the Sword Knight from Tellius. Oh and Etie was shown as yet *another* completely different type of class. She has the Flier-type engage armaments and she's wielding a spear....Just how open is class changing going to be?

Edited by Vexal

Pretty sure we see Lumera in that bow pic over to the right as an enemy unit. I imagine this will be a tutorial I guess

Leif = WT Emblem I guess.

Diamant's promo class looks excellent. Also gets axe access, which was kinda predictable really

Rosado a sword knight? They still have all four skill slots and have high stats for an unpromoted unit. Guess reclassing is really back and you reclass to a lower tier class (which we have seen with Vander as an axe fighter but this is still interesting). Side note: sword knight costume looks nice.

Really cool they take into account attack distance with his adaptability skill and equid you with a range weapon. I imagine his ultimate weapon will be light brand and that will have range which will make up for if your unit doesn't have a range weapon already in their inventory

Tetra trick looks sick. Nice to see Qi Adepts also getting something from emblems since they get guaranteed break with it.

Overall, Leif seems like a pretty cool emblem. Happy to see Leif in general tbh

We've posted the twitter posts three times guys, I think we're walking on each others' feet too much(^_^') I'll refrain from doing it from now on.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

Tetra trick looks sick. Nice to see Qi Adepts also getting something from emblems since they get guaranteed break with it.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure how useful breaking is for an all out single target attack that probably should kill. It's a weird concept.

Edited by Cysx

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Rosado a sword knight? They still have all four skill slots and have high stats for an unpromoted unit. Guess reclassing is really back and you reclass to a lower tier class (which we have seen with Vander as an axe fighter but this is still interesting). Side note: sword knight costume looks nice.

Stats seem to be inflated+optimized this time around. When we saw Jade's level up screen in the JP DLC trailer, she was unpromoted at level 18 and had 50 hp, 26 str, 22 dex, and 26 defense. For being level 18 these stats are honestly absurd

1 minute ago, Vexal said:

Stats seem to be inflated+optimized this time around. When we saw Jade's level up screen in the JP DLC trailer, she was unpromoted at level 18 and had 50 hp, 26 str, 22 dex, and 26 defense. For being level 18 these stats are honestly absurd

She has what we've been led to think is a General skill, so chances are she's been reclassed down, hence the stats. We've seen a couple such examples, there's Hortensia as well, plus Vander as an Axe fighter

1 minute ago, Vexal said:

There's also the possibility that she reclassed back to Armor Knight, so stats may not be that absurd

About Leif, I feel like auto change weapon could be a double-edge sword. What if he changes to something heavy and the user gets double? (well I guess his Sync Skill somewhat compensates for that, not much though)

16 minutes ago, Cysx said:

To be honest I'm not entirely sure how useful breaking is for an all out single target attack that probably should kill. It's a weird concept.

Yeah true. It does some like a rather weak attack. The TH lords seem to have an outright better attack even with it being the same concept.

14 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

There's also the possibility that she reclassed back to Armor Knight, so stats may not be that absurd

About Leif, I feel like auto change weapon could be a double-edge sword. What if he changes to something heavy and the user gets double? (well I guess his Sync Skill somewhat compensates for that, not much though)

I never thought about Leif's ability being a double edged sword hmmm

He certainly feels like the most balanced emblem of the bunch, not really giving anything too overpowered compared to other emblems. He does give Vantage as an engage skill which might be cool. I feel like Leif will probably work well with low HP starts to make use of Vantage (and Wrath if its in the game) alongside always having WTA. He'll certainly be interesting to use

56 minutes ago, Azz said:

Yeah true. It does some like a rather weak attack. The TH lords seem to have an outright better attack even with it being the same concept.

It is kinda unfortunate because visually it's a cool concept. But, it's literally been undermined by DLC before it even got showcased. And yes, the damage seems low, but I think this might be in part because the Light Sword deals magic damage here?

Interestingly, the bow used doesn't deal effective damage against fliers.

7 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Here are (low-res) pics of the lance and bow used in Tetra Trick. Assuming they are Leif's engage weapons, what do you think they are?

We had the same idea ! To be honest I don't recognize them at all, though.

Edited by Cysx

36 minutes ago, Cysx said:

It is kinda unfortunate because visually it's a cool concept. But, it's literally been undermined by DLC before it even got showcased. And yes, the damage seems low, but I think this might be in part because the Light Sword deals magic damage here?

Interestingly, the bow used doesn't deal effective damage against fliers.

Perhaps the bow is a magic bow, hence why it doesn't do effective against flyers. Would make sense since Leif's thing is that he uses a magic sword, would make sense he uses a magic bow (I guess lol, kinda pushing it really). Lowkey looks like the brave bow sprite from Thracia but if it were the brave bow it would do effective damage so IDK.

The sword is probably just light brand I'm assuming (not that it looks like it but Vander had Light Brand equipped when doing the attack so I'm presuming such). As for the lance, I've looked through all the sprites and there really isn't a match tbh. Kinda want it to be Finn's brave lance but seeing as Sigurd already has his own brave lance, it would be kinda redundant. Other than that I have no idea

Edited by Azz

44 minutes ago, Azz said:

Perhaps the bow is a magic bow, hence why it doesn't do effective against flyers. Would make sense since Leif's thing is that he uses a magic sword, would make sense he uses a magic bow (I guess lol, kinda pushing it really).

That was my first thought, but its damage is too high to be honest, plus there's no such thing in FE4 or FE5(also most magic bows are effective against fliers still). I guess it does sort of look like the FE5 brave bow, though remarkably big. Kind of a random pick.

Yeah, the Sword is the Light Sword, his Prf in Thracia. It's recognizable and we even get the name.

Random thought, but I kinda go back on what I said. The more I listen to it, the more I actually wish they didn't change one of the most hopeful map themes in the series in that way.
For reference :

It's still cool to hear it don't get me wrong. Actually, it encapsulates my feelings towards Emblem Leif pretty well...

Also, the difference in damage between the axe, lance and bow is consistent in both showcases. This implies that both the bow and lance are pretty weak(because the killer axe is a good bit above them, yet it's not very strong to begin with), but we'll see.

Edited by Cysx

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

I guess it could be useful as an opener against bosses who have multiple health bars, and in a similar vein, especially if the dragon enemies ever get as chunky as the later demonic beasts in TH. But yeah, against most guys, just killing them would be much more straightforward,

2 hours ago, Azz said:

I imagine his ultimate weapon will be light brand and that will have range which will make up for if your unit doesn't have a range weapon already in their inventory

Which would likely limit the amount of people who could use him efficiently if it used the magic stat for damage.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which would likely limit the amount of people who could use him efficiently if it used the magic stat for damage.

Like Fabulously Olivier said, I don't think that would inherently be a bad thing. We only have two magic emblems in Celica and Micaiah (and maybe a third in Corrin since her dragon stone was magic based in Fates so maybe her engage attack is too but we don't know yet). Also he still has his killer axe and whatever his lance is that will be fine for str units.

I'm thinking the bow is based on FEH's design for the Meisterbogen:Is_feh_meisterbogen.png

Someone had a random thought that maybe the lance is based on Finn's FEH Loyalty Spear, which in turn is a Brave Lance derivative (yes I know Sigurd has one already): Is_feh_loyalty_spear.png

...to be fair though, none of the lances in Jugdral that have official art have such prominent phlanges, and the only real candidates looking at the pixel icons are like the Dragonpike L5.png (which is a prf) and the Meisterlanze 036.png.

~~~

For theorycrafting, would we expect a Vantage trigger to be able to break an enemy who would otherwise get the first strike against you? If so that makes Adapt/Vantage incredibly powerful in theory since enemies would think they're walzting in for a free break and get broken instead. (I suspect in those situations heavy weapons aren't used if there's an alternative in the weapon class in question.)

Yeah I don't think the bow in Tetratrick is a magical bow, b/c the damage difference between the lance, axe and bow are consistent. The damage with the Light Brand, however, is not, which suggests to me that it is the Light Brand that does magic damage in these instances.

2 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

I'm thinking the bow is based on FEH's design for the Meisterbogen:Is_feh_meisterbogen.png

Someone had a random thought that maybe the lance is based on Finn's FEH Loyalty Spear, which in turn is a Brave Lance derivative (yes I know Sigurd has one already): Is_feh_loyalty_spear.png

...to be fair though, none of the lances in Jugdral that have official art have such prominent phlanges, and the only real candidates looking at the pixel icons are like the Dragonpike L5.png (which is a prf) and the Meisterlanze 036.png.

~~~

For theorycrafting, would we expect a Vantage trigger to be able to break an enemy who would otherwise get the first strike against you? If so that makes Adapt/Vantage incredibly powerful in theory since enemies would think they're walzting in for a free break and get broken instead. (I suspect in those situations heavy weapons aren't used if there's an alternative in the weapon class in question.)

Ooo the Meisterbogun would make sense actually seeing its Heroes design. Still weird it doesn't have flying effectiveness by the looks of it.

As for Vantage and breaking, by the looks of it I think you need to initiate to break. This is mainly based off of Boucheron's trailer where he attacks a sword knight and there is no indication of break happening if the sword knight were to have the chance to retaliate. Tho, we have seen Alear!Byelth activate smash with Aymr equipped so perhaps with specific weapons you could break on EP. Would be really cool tho if Leif could break on EP with Vantage. Considering how PP most emblems seem to be, Leif being an EP emblem would be quite cool

26 minutes ago, Azz said:

Tho, we have seen Alear!Byelth activate smash with Aymr equipped so perhaps with specific weapons you could break on EP.

That was with Alear initiating, since it's still the player phase after battle. Aymr is very likely a heavy weapon(at least Byleth's), though it's not known yet if it can double or not, unlike the others.
... I mean, she didn't double a General at 32 AS though, so... you know.

2 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

I think initiating attack is necessary for breaking, so Vantage is not enough. We've seen Lapis attack last against a lance pegasus (because of her Iron Blade), but she doesn't get broken since she initiates that attack. It's highly likely in-battle order doesn't matter for the purpose of breaking foes

8 minutes ago, Cysx said:

That was with Alear initiating, since it's still the player phase after battle. Aymr is very likely a heavy weapon(at least Byleth's), though it's not known yet if it can double or not, unlike the others.
... I mean, she didn't double a General at 32 AS though, so... you know.

Ah okay. Haven't watched the engaging with emblems trailer in a while so I misremembered it being player phase. I guess Aymr is a blade/greatlance/poleax weapon then and attacks after the enemy attacks even on player phase. Thanks for the correction! Also yikes at her not doubling ouch...