Three Hopes does exist!

Jotari

So some people thought they weren't doing Three Hopes due to no characters being released on its debut. I personally never doubted it myself. Not only is there precedent with TMS, but Three Hopes is in a mainline Fire Emblem World, introduced several characters that would work well in Heroes (and a few more who would work well if there wasn't an old man bias), along with a bunch of potential for legendary units (which is a very slim pool to pick from with current criteria) and also added a bunch of new weapons that could be used. And now, yeah, it looks like we are getting our first Three Hopes banner with Shez, Shez, Monica and Holst. And they even decided to make female Shez an axe unit, which is great imo. Course a question still kind of remains as to why they didn't release this banner earlier? Was it really important to them not to spoil Holst's character design? Or were they waiting to see if Three Hopes would be successful and these characters were only made for Heroes in the last two months? Or did they plan a debut release but just weren't ready in time or couldn't swap banners around due to their schedule of Heroes skills?

Also Warriors is now in a really weird position where everything about precedent makes it viable, but it just plain doesn't have enough original characters to make it viable for a banner. Though with Engage being released as basically 3D Heroes wherein half its cast will be preexisting characters, we might just see a Warriors 1 banner some day with Warriors!Owen and Warriors!Corrin, and also an Engage banner with Engage!Marth. I already expect them to do that with TMS!Tiki, if they ever do make another TMS banner.

Edited by Jotari

Maybe they could do a Warriors banner of like, Rowan, Lianna, Warriors Anna, some Ascended alt, and then a boss as GHB?

One way or another, it'll be interesting to see what happens to the voting options for CYL7.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Maybe they could do a Warriors banner of like, Rowan, Lianna, Warriors Anna, some Ascended alt, and then a boss as GHB?

One way or another, it'll be interesting to see what happens to the voting options for CYL7.

Yeah, the whole ascended OC space does mean trimmed down banners are possible. Though it still runs into classification issues with only having three characters in a title, unless they're willing to merge it with TMS and make a dedicated (non Heroes) spin off categorization. Anna isn't the best option for the third unit though. As not only does Darios exist, but Anna just isn't a plot important character in Warriors (from what I remember) and even in terms of gameplay we can already get Bow!Anna from her playable Fates incarnation (and we already have a bow Anna as a seasonal). Course they could just ignore weapon type entirely, but if we are to get a warriors banner they should at least give us the other OC character that fights (course wasting Darios on a GHB is also something they could do).

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, the whole ascended OC space does mean trimmed down banners are possible. Though it still runs into classification issues with only having three characters in a title, unless they're willing to merge it with TMS and make a dedicated (non Heroes) spin off categorization. Anna isn't the best option for the third unit though. As not only does Darios exist, but Anna just isn't a plot important character in Warriors (from what I remember) and even in terms of gameplay we can already get Bow!Anna from her playable Fates incarnation (and we already have a bow Anna as a seasonal). Course they could just ignore weapon type entirely, but if we are to get a warriors banner they should at least give us the other OC character that fights (course wasting Darios on a GHB is also something they could do).

I don't know anything about Warriors, Anna was just the first other playable I found.

Regarding Ascended units, I was thinking one of the main-series characters in Warriors. That would make the usual total of five, like TMS.

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that Three Hopes is in changes nothing for the original FE Warriors. Three Hopes always had a strong chance of getting in FEH because of its direct connection to Three Houses (a game that IS knows is both popular and a proven money maker in FEH). The first FE Warriors, meanwhile, is about to turn five years old and even back then it had a fairly mixed reception at best (mostly because of the character roster).

The only way I see the lemon twins happening is if FE Warriors gets some kind of definitive edition (something like what the first Hyrule Warriors got), and I don't see a FE Warriors: Definitive Edition happening on the same console (Switch) that the original was released on. Until then, I just can't see them getting back to FE Warriors especially when Engage is coming early next year and will get a bunch of content in FEH (like at least two New Heroes banners, probably even three).

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that Three Hopes is in changes nothing for the original FE Warriors. Three Hopes always had a strong chance of getting in FEH because of its direct connection to Three Houses (a game that IS knows is both popular and a proven money maker in FEH). The first FE Warriors, meanwhile, is about to turn five years old and even back then it had a fairly mixed reception at best (mostly because of the character roster).

The only way I see the lemon twins happening is if FE Warriors gets some kind of definitive edition (something like what the first Hyrule Warriors got), and I don't see a FE Warriors: Definitive Edition happening on the same console (Switch) that the original was released on. Until then, I just can't see them getting back to FE Warriors especially when Engage is coming early next year and will get a bunch of content in FEH (like at least two New Heroes banners, probably even three).

Yeah, it doesn't really change the position of Warriors in any functional pragmatic sense, the issues are still issues. But it does turn Warriors into an odd duck of the series as it's now the only game without representation of some kind. Course it was that before Three Hopes, but given Three Hopes has the same gameplay and before that there was just two options (it and TMS) the odd duck status is all the more apparent. Despite being a video game released on a mainstream console, it's a position more similar to Cipher and the Binding Blade manga (and honestly Echoes makes me think we will see Cipher some day, yeah the Cipher characters aren't on CYL currently but that just makes me think they'll bring them in as non Echoes characters so the other four originals can be utilized too. And they have dipped into Cipher original ideas with Berserk Ike).

Edited by Jotari

Fwiw the characters are out now and are categorized under Three Houses with Sothis's head. So no plans to give a Three Hopes design to every Fodlan character which is fair. Still kind if expect it for the lords some how though. Strange they made female Shez the free unit though and had two swords on the banner, though it's understandable to have the dual wielder front and centre (is Holst the GHB?) 

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Strange they made female Shez the free unit though and had two swords on the banner, though it's understandable to have the dual wielder front and centre (is Holst the GHB?) 

It makes more sense to have the unit with the shiny new mechanic share a color than to have a different pair of units share a color on a banner with a shiny new mechanic.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Fwiw the characters are out now and are categorized under Three Houses with Sothis's head. So no plans to give a Three Hopes design to every Fodlan character which is fair. Still kind if expect it for the lords some how though.

I'm pretty sure they did that because they didn't want Three Hopes to be another TMS (a title that has just five units to its name). Making Three Hopes a separate title would also mean it would have to show up as a bonus title in Resonant Battles, and everyone already loves it (except not at all) whenever TMS takes up one of the two bonus titles in Resonant Battles.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

(is Holst the GHB?)

Yeah, he is. He'll be arriving tomorrow / the next reset.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would have been nice if Holst's personal weapon was the Wingthresher. By which I mean keep his current effect and toss flying effectiveness on it. He comes with a Wingthresher when you first get him in Three Hopes and it's not exactly random. He spawns mid battle amidst a bunch of wyverns with a weapon specifically designed to combat them, showing what a bamf he is. To complete it he even gets a combat art that's effective against fliers. It also works for his character on a meta level as his most defining role is fighting Almyria who primarily field wyverns. All in all despite being a generic weapon it does fit Holst very well and wpikd have been a nice reference for Heroes rather than just making up a non canon random prf for the millionth time.

Edited by Jotari