Theoretical combos of abilities from different games

lenticular

If all the different skills, weapons, and abilities from across all the different games in the series were combined into a single game, what would be the single most ridiculously broken combo? I'm thinking of things like hypothetically being able to combine Raging Storm (Three Houses) with Armsthrift (Awakening). Feel free to combine anything from skills, weapons, support bonuses, crests, holy blood, accessories, combat arts, personals, or anything else.

Ashera's Mantle, in any context outside of Radiant Dawn endgame, is more than enough. If we're disqualifying anything with game-specific activation conditions or enemy-only stuff, then I guess stacking movement on a ballistician (SD/MotE) or siege tome user (blessed RD for infinite uses?) is a game-breaker. Or throwing Arms Scrolls into 3H's class mechanics to gain all masteries ASAP.

I guess there are different vectors on which a combo can be broken - here are a few, excuse the poor naming sense:

Offense - attack power so immense that even maxed def/res of enemies can't cope. Off the top of my head, Eclipse from RD alongside skill activation boosters (I think they existed in Awakening?) could achieve that, especially in games without Nihil or equivalents.

Defense - no matter what, you don't take damage. Ashera's Mantle (against most people) is a good example.

Control (type A) - where you can't be forced to fight on enemy terms. Long-range attacks on high-movement units, or stacking Stealth skills, could do this.

Control (type B) - where the enemy cannot engage you on terms favourable to them. Avoid-stacking with abilities from across games might allow this, for example

Growth - allowing units to reach obscenely high standards for FE. Being able to utilise any weapon category at maximum potential would destroy FE games where weapon triangles are strict. Or items that allow you to break stat/level caps (like from Heroes) on games where those are strict.

Also I guess the usual caveat, context matters in determining how broken a combo can be. There's my two cents.

I think the OP is on to something with Raging Storm. Only, instead of arms thrift, what if it's just on a weapon that simply has no durability, like a blesser Urvan or Falchion? There would be no penalty to using it. Probably the best option would be Amiti buffed with a tonne of accuracy, strength and movement boosters. Like, Galeforce is considered super broken an ability because it gives you two full actions per turn on a unit. Raging Storm gives you infinite actions, limited only by its durability. You could potentially create a unit that can kill every single enemy on the map in one turn, and if they happen to be unable to kill an enemy, it means they are literally outside the range of any enemies who could kill them on enemy phase.

On 10/8/2022 at 2:41 PM, Imuabicus said:

Best at what?

Who said anything about best? I was asking for ridiculously broken. If you want more specific than that, how about "ridiculously broken in ways that you find interesting, amusing, or otherwise noteworthy"?

On 10/9/2022 at 1:04 AM, haarhaarhaar said:

Ashera's Mantle, in any context outside of Radiant Dawn endgame, is more than enough. If we're disqualifying anything with game-specific activation conditions or enemy-only stuff, then I guess stacking movement on a ballistician (SD/MotE) or siege tome user (blessed RD for infinite uses?) is a game-breaker. Or throwing Arms Scrolls into 3H's class mechanics to gain all masteries ASAP.

For Mantle, my base assumption that any god-weapon would be able to pierce it. Sure, it's presented in Radiant Dawn as being immune to any damage except from weapons blessed by Yune, but that's because Ashera and Yune are the only gods in that setting. I'd assume that it would be vulnerable to anything else with divine provenance. So, Falchion, Heroes' Relics, Yato, Divine Dragons, etc. Which would have it still be good, but not instantly game breaking.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

I think the OP is on to something with Raging Storm. Only, instead of arms thrift, what if it's just on a weapon that simply has no durability, like a blesser Urvan or Falchion? There would be no penalty to using it. Probably the best option would be Amiti buffed with a tonne of accuracy, strength and movement boosters. Like, Galeforce is considered super broken an ability because it gives you two full actions per turn on a unit. Raging Storm gives you infinite actions, limited only by its durability. You could potentially create a unit that can kill every single enemy on the map in one turn, and if they happen to be unable to kill an enemy, it means they are literally outside the range of any enemies who could kill them on enemy phase.

For some reason, I never thought about putting Raging Storm onto a infinite durability weapon. That would definitely be much cleaner than using Armstrhift and trying to get up to 50 Luck. I'm not sure what you gain from using Amiti, though. You lose out on the brave effect if you're using a combat art, and without that, Amiti is pretty much just another sword, no? Regardless, once you've got infinite attacks, I'd think the next thing to focus on would be defense, since you can't attack infinitely if you can't survive. Something like PoR Vantage could still hard counter this build.

A simple solution to that problem would be to add FEH's Hardy Bearing to nullify skills like vantage. Then you'd only need to be concerned with Miracle, missing or the enemy having enough defense to survive that single attack. Looking at skills, I think a combination of POR Resolve, Geneology Wrath would help in boosting attack power and accuracy while giving an assured critical hit rate.

Come to think of it I also think Tellius Nihil would work well in getting rid of the threat of Vantage and Miracle.

It'd probably be even more broken if the unit had an Awakening Pair up Partner with an S Support with the skills Dual Support +, Dual Strike +, Dual Guard +, Anathema and Hex/Limit Breaker.

2 hours ago, lenticular said:

Who said anything about best? I was asking for ridiculously broken. If you want more specific than that, how about "ridiculously broken in ways that you find interesting, amusing, or otherwise noteworthy"?

For Mantle, my base assumption that any god-weapon would be able to pierce it. Sure, it's presented in Radiant Dawn as being immune to any damage except from weapons blessed by Yune, but that's because Ashera and Yune are the only gods in that setting. I'd assume that it would be vulnerable to anything else with divine provenance. So, Falchion, Heroes' Relics, Yato, Divine Dragons, etc. Which would have it still be good, but not instantly game breaking.

For some reason, I never thought about putting Raging Storm onto a infinite durability weapon. That would definitely be much cleaner than using Armstrhift and trying to get up to 50 Luck. I'm not sure what you gain from using Amiti, though. You lose out on the brave effect if you're using a combat art, and without that, Amiti is pretty much just another sword, no? Regardless, once you've got infinite attacks, I'd think the next thing to focus on would be defense, since you can't attack infinitely if you can't survive. Something like PoR Vantage could still hard counter this build.

Ah yeah, no brave effect on combat arts. In that case Blessed Urvan probably is the best for its balance of might and accuracy. Course any weapon from New Mystery of the Emblem, Valentia or Fates is also infinite in durability.

Using arms thrift and luck could still be worth it if we're whipping out the Book of Naga, which grants just insane stat boosts around the board (though no luck, unfortunately) to by pass any other issues that could pop up (including stuff like mantle, probably, given Book of Naga's negation of Loptyr's defensive skill).

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

In that case Blessed Urvan probably is the best for its balance of might and accuracy.

If we're disconnecting Raging Storm from Aymr, then why are we sticking with normal weapons? Lots of FE bosses have powerful attacks that hit wide areas/the entire map, and sticking Raging Storm on that means you can focus on putting distance between you and enemies, or may not even have to move - as long as you can kill at least one person per hit, you can stack that damage as much as you want.

Getting even wackier, how about monster Aelfric's (3H) clone ability with the Wellspring of Truth (Awakening's) ability to generate Mirages. Create functional and powerful copies of your enemies every turn or two for them to suffer from. Not sure if the Wellspring of Truth counts among the things allowed in the OP though.  

12 hours ago, haarhaarhaar said:

If we're disconnecting Raging Storm from Aymr, then why are we sticking with normal weapons? Lots of FE bosses have powerful attacks that hit wide areas/the entire map, and sticking Raging Storm on that means you can focus on putting distance between you and enemies, or may not even have to move - as long as you can kill at least one person per hit, you can stack that damage as much as you want.

Raging Storm gives you extra turns even if you don't kill with it, so if you combine it with infinite weapon durability you've pretty much won. Ironically one of the most broken PC tools for it is Blessed Bolting (RD) or similar, since hardly anything can even counter you as you infinite-turn them to death (just enemies with the Counterattack skill from 3H, really). You'd also want access to an extremely high-power or defence-ignoring weapon in case your siege tome can't overcome a target's res. If we're allowing enemy-only tools, Blazing Blade Flametongue (infinite durability, ignores defence, crazy high accuracy, 1-3 range) is a good choice, as are enemy-only AoE moves if you see those working with Raging Storm.

2 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Raging Storm gives you extra turns even if you don't kill with it, so if you combine it with infinite weapon durability you've pretty much won. Ironically one of the most broken PC tools for it is Blessed Bolting (RD) or similar, since hardly anything can even counter you as you infinite-turn them to death (just enemies with the Counterattack skill from 3H, really). You'd also want access to an extremely high-power or defence-ignoring weapon in case your siege tome can't overcome a target's res. If we're allowing enemy-only tools, Blazing Blade Flametongue (infinite durability, ignores defence, crazy high accuracy, 1-3 range) is a good choice, as are enemy-only AoE moves if you see those working with Raging Storm.

I don't think you'd be able to use Raging Storm at range though. As combat  arts range is based on their own parameters more than the weapon being used.

On 10/8/2022 at 5:04 PM, haarhaarhaar said:

Ashera's Mantle, in any context outside of Radiant Dawn endgame, is more than enough.

Thracia 776's invisible Immortal skill, which makes all lethal blows miss seems similar to what you are thinking of. The only thing that bypasses it is capture mechanics, and only Thracia has those in the enemy hands...

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Using arms thrift and luck could still be worth it if we're whipping out the Book of Naga, which grants just insane stat boosts around the board (though no luck, unfortunately) to by pass any other issues that could pop up (including stuff like mantle, probably, given Book of Naga's negation of Loptyr's defensive skill).

Just adding Shadow Dragon's Star Sphere is a units inventory is far easier than Arms Thrift and Luck to give units infinite use weapons.

Time to build a really monstrous enemy phase unit

Thracia 776's Wrath is incredibly powerful all on its own, as it causes the unit to always crit when they attack second, which ignore effects that normally negate crits, but by its nature it doesn't combo with Vantage (in fact if a unit with Thracia Wrath attacks a unit with Thracia Vantage, the one with Vantage attacks first, and causes the attacker to trigger the auto wrath crit); add Blazing Blade's Silencer skill so all those auto crits have a 50% chance of killing every hit (25% against bosses); add Awakening's Rightful King, Fate's Hoshidan Unity, and Quixotic to get that instant kill proc rate to 85/60%; add Three House's Counterattack skill to counter everything that attacks them; add Thracia 776's invisible immortal skill like early game Eyvel has so the unit doesn't kill itself into an early grave; add in whichever version of Nihil best covers miracle like skills; make sure their weapon is one which has a Radiant Dawn lock on it to prevent weapon theft from disabling the unit, add in the Shadow Dragon's  Star Sphere so we don't have to worry about weapon's breaking (although most of the weapons with a Radiant Dawn lock have infinite uses anyway, so this might be unnecessary), although from here there is a bit of a conundrum, of whether we can use enemy only skills or not. If we can the obvious move is to add whichever version of immune status is most encompassing to cover that option for disabling this monster, and add Awakening's Hawkeye skill to counter dodge tanks. If we can't add enemy only skills, that complicates things a bit. For the status problem then add an allied unit with Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn's Boon skill, and add Fate's Replicate, and Radiant Dawn's Guard skill to the main unit, so the Replicate and the Boon unit can hide in a corner to better avoid enemy attention and heal status every turn (as Replicates share HP and status with the main unit), with Radiant Dawn Guard to sometimes cover the Boon companion when you can't get the pair out of enemy range, and recovering status at the start of every turn covers the status problem a bit. For the dodge tank problem add in Sacred Stone's Sure Strike, add Genealogy of the Holy War's Luna, and Sol skills, as both skills roll to proc before hit, and if they proc force the hit (although this does force the unit to be an infantry sword unit), with multiple skills that have a chance of ensuring a hit all with +35 activation rate, with one based on level (so 36 minimum, 55 maximum) the others being skill% activation, and we could pump those activation rates with stats (or skills that boost stats) as well but at minimum (level 1 with 0 skill) we are at a 73% chance of at least one of them activating thanks to the increased skill proc rate we already have. Sure we could improve this monster a little, but I think this is a fairly solid combo here with a stupidly high chance of killing things irregardless of stats.

5 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Raging Storm gives you extra turns even if you don't kill with it,

Yeah you're right, got turned around thinking about Galeforce.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

As combat  arts range is based on their own parameters more than the weapon being used.

If that's the restriction, then as long as an AoE hits something one space away no issue. Not as broken as before because you still need movement, but your damage output remains obscene.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Time to build a really monstrous enemy phase unit

Clarity from Fates Dread Fighter for 1/2ed time on debuffs - question is how that´d interact with non Fates status staves.

If Replicate, also Warp for mobility options and Canto after Warp?

AS+ with every kind of Breaker-skill to "counteract" Quixotic. 

If PU is allowed, as PS Forceful Partner or Supporitve, with Tactical Advice and FE13 Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+.

If Enemy only skills also roll, Rightful God for +30% activation and Dragonskin/Immune Status.