So...why did Zora Link never make it to the game?

DarkLordYianni

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Personally, I'd say a Young Link combining all three masks would be more interesting.

That would be really cool; it would probably be difficult to implement, but it would be really cool.

Deku Link would of course be small, fast and lightweight with a lot of mobility, especially in the air thanks to Deku Flowers. Goron Link would be by far the heaviest and the one with the strongest attacks, but would be slow outside of the roll attack and lacking in recovery options. Zora Link would then be a mix: tall & agile.

His final smash could then have him wear the fierce deity mask before unleashing a powerful attack.

The main question then would be how to rework Young Link in human form.

This is a really weird question. Zora Link was one form in one game.  You might as well ask why Wolf Link or Bunny Link didn't get into the game. Young Link wielding the masks is a more sensical question, but even then you're looking at a single game in the series that has been beloved, but quite old, since Brawl (and Melee, the only time when Majora's Mask was relevant, was busy giving us the current Zelda roster we've had since 2001) and would require quite a lot of work as it would be creating four, possibly even five if we have fierce deity, characters in one. I love Majora's Mask, but it's no Pokemon Trainer.

2 hours ago, Florete said:

Better yet, why did Hitmonlee never make it in? Or Pink Gold Peach?

Actually, google searching tells me Hitmonlee used to come from poke balls back in the original smash. And why Hitomlee but not Hitmontop (forget chan).

1 hour ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

Actually, google searching tells me Hitmonlee used to come from poke balls back in the original smash. And why Hitomlee but not Hitmontop (forget chan).

Obviously it should be Tyrogue who evolves mid battle into Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or Hitmontop.

2 hours ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

Oh yeah, Hitmonlee was in Smash 64 Pokeballs. Gold/Silver weren't out at the time, so Hitmontop couldn't have made it.