If we do get an FE4 remake, is there anything from secondary material you'd want to see in game?

Noa

FE4 has a few manga adaptations and a few novels, maybe some other supplementary material I'm missing at the moment. Thinking on that, I'm really curious to hear if there's any concepts or characteristics introduced in them people would like to see brought into an official remake.

For example, while I have a million problems with a lot of the Oosawa manga, her portrayal of Lana absolutely booted her up into one of my favourite FE characters ever, and I'd be super disappointed if a potential remake just had Lana be another gentle cleric type instead of the spitfire she is there. Are there others who'd be interested to see secondary material portrayals/information/backstories/whatever brought into a remake? 

Despite my fondness for Jugdral, I haven't actually read any of the ancillary materials, other than the short Fall of Leinster story that (I think) Kaga wrote to tie into Thracia 776. But in general though I'd want to see the existence of Grainne. I think the manga's depict her a bit on the negative side, but just having her beyond one line of text to justify Aless's existence would ne nice. Not sure if it's a fan theory or something from the mangas and books etc, but I've heard the idea that she herself is a noble from Leinster, which helps to explain why Aless ended up there.

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Despite my fondness for Jugdral, I haven't actually read any of the ancillary materials, other than the short Fall of Leinster story that (I think) Kaga wrote to tie into Thracia 776. But in general though I'd want to see the existence of Grainne. I think the manga's depict her a bit on the negative side, but just having her beyond one line of text to justify Aless's existence would ne nice. Not sure if it's a fan theory or something from the mangas and books etc, but I've heard the idea that she herself is a noble from Leinster, which helps to explain why Aless ended up there.

It is mentioned in-game. In Chapter 8, in a talk convo with Nanna:

Aless:
“My father knew Agustria was about to be engulfed in war. So he sent me and my frail mother to her parent’s residence in Lenster. But I lost my dear mother to the flames of war during the empire’s invasion of Lenster.”

---

In any case, it'd be interesting to incorporate elements from the supplemental materials. Though I wonder just which ones would be considered. It's telling that SoV didn't do this I think, and likely the Archanean remakes didn't either. At least, not from material that didn't came from Kaga himself, since I know his notes about Ogma did got added in. But well, who knows...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It is mentioned in-game. In Chapter 8, in a talk convo with Nanna:

Aless:
“My father knew Agustria was about to be engulfed in war. So he sent me and my frail mother to her parent’s residence in Lenster. But I lost my dear mother to the flames of war during the empire’s invasion of Lenster.”

---

Oh, well good on game for justifying at least a bit everyone of consequence in the world hanging out in the same region for a few months.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In any case, it'd be interesting to incorporate elements from the supplemental materials. Though I wonder just which ones would be considered. It's telling that SoV didn't do this I think, and likely the Archanean remakes didn't either. At least, not from material that came from Kaga himself, since I know his notes about Ogma did got added in. But well, who knows...

Well Mila and Duma as dragons first pop up in the Gaiden novelisation, though I'm also of the personal opinion that they had been conceived and just never identified as such in Gaiden itself.

9kTZjlP.png

But Duma's little soul patch seems like such a specific element that goes beyond coincidence.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well Mila and Duma as dragons first pop up in the Gaiden novelisation, though I'm also of the personal opinion that they had been conceived and just never identified as such in Gaiden itself.

But Duma's little soul patch seems like such a specific element that goes beyond coincidence.

Hmm, yeah, I've seen the people analyzing his Gaiden sprite. It does certainly look draconish if, well, zombified.

On the subject of the novelization, it has always fascinated me Silque's portrayal there. Someone was certainly a fan of her to expand her role so much in there, haha.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, yeah, I've seen the people analyzing his Gaiden sprite. It does certainly look draconish if, well, zombified.

On the subject of the novelization, it has always fascinated me Silque's portrayal there. Someone was certainly a fan of her to expand her role so much in there, haha.

Wonder if Silque's increased characterization led to the Brigand Boss who captured her actually having a name!

On topic again, Manfroy's backstory in the Oosawa manga. He needs a motive to be doing what he does and it's right there. It's simple, it's understandable, it doesn't have to make his current actions right.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

I think the manga's depict her a bit on the negative side

Actually, what's even wilder is that the manga just... Kind of replaces Grahnye with an oc named Iria? Irina? Something like that, just for the whole Lachesis/Eldigan thing to have a villain, it's pretty wild. I'd definitely love to see the actual Grahnye expanded on... Might even get to see a little fluffy-mulleted Ares with her, ha.

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

On topic again, Manfroy's backstory in the Oosawa manga. He needs a motive to be doing what he does and it's right there. It's simple, it's understandable, it doesn't have to make his current actions right.

Hard agree. I really appreciated the expanded stuff about Manfroy in there. I think Oosawa was really good at expanding a lot of the villains, honestly! 

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Cool!...what is it?

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Cool!...what is it?

Nothing too grand. Manfroy was raised in the Loptous sect and wanted to see the world beyond, only of course for him and his sister to be caught and then get set to be executed. His parents look, get caught too and all four are burned. Manfroy is the sole survivor of the execution (how is not explained by him), burnt and ripe for looking at the world as worth destroying.

I'd sworn it was in Treasure, but that's on me.

Edited by Punished Dayni

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Is that mustache Oifey or no mustache Oifey?

No mustache Oifey. I don't think the manga ever made it to Gen 2. Of course, that also means there's no definitive case that mustachioed Oifey wasn't wearing a maid outfit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 10:52 AM, Noa said:

Actually, what's even wilder is that the manga just... Kind of replaces Grahnye with an oc named Iria? Irina? Something like that, just for the whole Lachesis/Eldigan thing to have a villain, it's pretty wild. I'd definitely love to see the actual Grahnye expanded on... Might even get to see a little fluffy-mulleted Ares with her, ha.

Honestly, Iria might as well be a OC created by Oosawa with how little she resembles the original Grahnye. Her being this way is purely because Oosawa wanted Eldigan and Lachesis having a tragic romance.

I agree with expanding on Grahnye, maybe have a flashback to Eldigan meeting her back in his academy days. Or a custcene of her interacting with her sister-in-law.

I also think Arvis`s backstory from the manga should be included. It expands his character nicely and gives more reasons for why does what he ends up doing.

On 10/18/2022 at 10:52 AM, Noa said:

Hard agree. I really appreciated the expanded stuff about Manfroy in there. I think Oosawa was really good at expanding a lot of the villains, honestly! 

Agreed, Oosawa added some nice depth to the villains.