Poll: WYR never have to sleep or eat again?... with a twist?

indigoasis

Forgo Sleeping or Eating?... with a twist!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather never have to sleep or never have to eat?

• Forgo sleeping
    • Forgo eating
  2. 2. Now... would you rather never have to sleep at the cost of eating more, or never have to eat at the cost of sleeping more?

• Forgo sleeping, but have to eat more
    • Forgo eating, but have to sleep more
  3. 3. Lastly, would you rather never have to sleep while also being able to eat less, or never have to eat while also being able to sleep less?

• Forgo sleeping, with being able to eat less as a benefit
    • Forgo eating, with being able to sleep less as a benefit

I'm sure you're all aware of this age-old question... Would you rather never have to sleep or never have to eat? From my understanding, it typically boils down to which activity would you prefer to not have to do.

It's a pretty cut and dry question, so I've also added two more questions with slight variations to the original; one with drawbacks and the other with benefits. In regards to how much you'd have to sleep or eat for each question:

• If you want to forgo sleep, you'll have to eat twice/half as much
  • If you want to forgo eating, you'll have to add/subtract at least 4 hours to your sleep schedule

I'm interested to see how answers might change or remain the same given the additional parameters. You could think of this as a sort of thought experiment, but it's definitely not that deep.

The way I read this, never having to sleep doesn't mean I'm always tired, but that I'm never tired and never need sleep.

Because of this, I chose to forgo sleeping in all of them since it saves more time per day than not having to eat, plus I enjoy eating delicious food so I don't mind having to eat. While sleeping is great, I just don't like having some automatic 6-10 hours of my day nonexistent.

That depends. Can I still eat/sleep for pleasure? And if I have to eat twice as much would I then gain twice as much weight?  Or is my metabolism just naturally increased?

I think the results are about what I expected. From the standpoint of saving time, axing sleep from the schedule is the most reasonable option.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:12 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

The way I read this, never having to sleep doesn't mean I'm always tired, but that I'm never tired and never need sleep.

Because of this, I chose to forgo sleeping in all of them since it saves more time per day than not having to eat, plus I enjoy eating delicious food so I don't mind having to eat. While sleeping is great, I just don't like having some automatic 6-10 hours of my day nonexistent.

Plus you can still take your legally mandated lunch breaks at work!

On 1/7/2023 at 12:51 AM, Jotari said:

That depends. Can I still eat/sleep for pleasure?

Yeah, sure, why not?

On 1/7/2023 at 12:51 AM, Jotari said:

And if I have to eat twice as much would I then gain twice as much weight?  Or is my metabolism just naturally increased?

you're already gonna be built different, what more do you want

That's part of the drawback, so theoretically, yes, you would gain more weight.

21 hours ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

I'M NOT MAKING A DEAL WITH YOU, DEVIL

smart choice, lol