Remember those Fates: Revelations runs that would have the two royal families intermarry fully? Idly thinking of doing something similar.

Corrobin

To clarify what I mean: Those runs that would go with Ryoma x Camilla, Xander x Hinoka, Takumi x Elise and Leo x Sakura.

Here, in Engage, we've got four royal families with two members each. This is mostly silly/for shits and giggles, I'm definitely going to play it by ear with what supports I like, but it's a funny idea.

Right now I'm thinking Alfred x Ivy, Diamante x Timerra, Celine x Fogato and Alcryst x Hortensia.

While I admit it might be unlikely, the Full Gay Option (Alfred x Diamante, Timerra x Ivy, Celine x Hortensia and Alcryst x Fogato) is also intriguing. 

It will get really hard for the children of those royal couples to find another royal to marry who isn't related to them : P

Jokes aside, this does sound like a fun idea, I really hope pairing characters up is a thing in this game too. 

13 hours ago, Corrobin said:

While I admit it might be unlikely, the Full Gay Option (Alfred x Diamante, Timerra x Ivy, Celine x Hortensia and Alcryst x Fogato) is also intriguing. 

Alfred x Diamante is oddly fitting if Alfred's line about admiring Boucheron's muscles is anything to go by. Seems like he has a thing for muscular men 

1 minute ago, EarthboundAddict said:

Alfred x Diamante is oddly fitting if Alfred's line about admiring Boucheron's muscles is anything to go by. Seems like he has a thing for muscular men 

Alfred x Diamant gives me Eliwood x Hector vibes and I will be shipping it. Can't believe Alfred is masc only lol

Also a big fan of Ivy x Timerra for the black cat x golden retriever energy

As for marrying off the royals to unite the countries, I think the only one I like is Diamant x Ivy cause enemies-to-lovers and uniting formerly antagonistic nations is a trope I enjoy. Probably because we haven't really seen any of the other royals interacting, especially with the Solmese royals, I can't really pinpoint who I like (tho I could see Céline and Fogado being a cool couple with how they both want to foster peace. I could see them travelling the world and trying to keep villages safe)

This is just for a laugh, Shadow Mir. If it turns out I think that Celine has a more compelling support with Louis, or Alcryst and Citrinne have a really cute dynamic I'll definitely pivot, this is just fun theorizing.

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Um, is romance really gonna be in this?? Because I dunno...

Since FE4 the bulk of the games have had some sort of romance. While it’s not set in stone I would expect something, the question is more how much. 

Also Alfred and Diamant certainly sounds nice. Alcryst and Fogato too.

In case you're wondering my only two rules I'm following is 'no doubling up on the same families' (so, say, if I go Alfred x Timerra, I can't also go Celine x Fogato) and older siblings with other older siblings and younger siblings with other younger siblings (so no Diamante x Hortensia or Alfred x Alcryst).

Former just for variety, latter because we don't have official ages yet so it's mostly to avoid big age gaps.

In the dream world where I get the older royals, I'd marry Sfoglia with Morion and Eve with Hyacinth. Or Eve with Lumera and Hyacinth goes alone because he's too old for love.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In the dream world where I get the older royals, I'd marry Sfoglia with Morion and Eve with Hyacinth. Or Eve with Lumera and Hyacinth goes alone because he's too old for love.

Or Sfoglia and Eve get hitched with the men dead and rule over all of Elyos as the power couple we know they are

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

Or Sfoglia and Eve get hitched with the men dead and rule over all of Elyos as the power couple we know they are

You know... I wouldn't be upset about this.

I'll give you another one, though: Sfoglia and Eve get hitched and rule over all of Elyos as the power couple we know they are, while Morion and Hyacinth find unlikely love in their former nemeses and retire together to a quaint little cottage in a corner of Elusia.

1 hour ago, EarthboundAddict said:

You guys are really missing out on the old man yaoi potential Morion and Hyacnith have. They even have enemies to lovers thrown in for good measure

Hyacinth grabs Morion's sword again. But different, this time.

No but seriously, this'd make for a hilarious, wild pairing. Too bad IntSys probably won't have the imagination and boldness to make it happen... Or let us have them as playables at all. Oh well.

On 1/9/2023 at 2:59 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Too bad IntSys probably won't have the imagination and boldness to make it happen... Or let us have them as playables at all. Oh well.

I am hoping to god we have something similar to awakening's spotpass and they're playable, or sacred stones' creature campaign

If the DLC is a new story in Elyos, it could be kind of a prequel or alternative side story where we get to play the kings and queens before Alear wake up. It could be fun and bring something new. But, less chance to import these characters in the main game, like we could with Three Houses.

Morion would be a "Successor", Eve could be a Vidame, Hyacynth more of a "Sage" (I don't really see him flying like his daughters) and Sfoglia a Cupido (I thinks it fits her well). And maybe even Lumera as a Divine Dragon. It could be a bit too much, but also one retainers each? Vandad, who was around for a "long" time already, who was already serving Lumera?

Maybe, it's too much, the last DLC to have a side story was only 4 new characters, and only some chapters.

8 hours ago, Crubat said:

I am hoping to god we have something similar to awakening's spotpass and they're playable, or sacred stones' creature campaign

I'd take that. It's better than nothing. If this FE is as fun and well-designed as it may just appear to be, I might tackle a postgame.

8 hours ago, Mirron said:

I could see them being playable. Though they are probably too close to one or both of their kids which would be a bit depressing.

Hyacinth is completely different from his daughters, he doesn't even look like he fights. Sfoglia looks like she'd be a thief or roguish class of some kind. Eve and Morion do look like older versions of their children, though. But I'd still rather take them, I'd like the older version better.

6 hours ago, Hiroki said:

If the DLC is a new story in Elyos, it could be kind of a prequel or alternative side story where we get to play the kings and queens before Alear wake up. It could be fun and bring something new. But, less chance to import these characters in the main game, like we could with Three Houses.

Morion would be a "Successor", Eve could be a Vidame, Hyacynth more of a "Sage" (I don't really see him flying like his daughters) and Sfoglia a Cupido (I thinks it fits her well). And maybe even Lumera as a Divine Dragon. It could be a bit too much, but also one retainers each? Vandad, who was around for a "long" time already, who was already serving Lumera?

Maybe, it's too much, the last DLC to have a side story was only 4 new characters, and only some chapters.

Yeah, like you said, I wouldn't expect something quite so cool as this. Love the idea and love the "younger oldies" concepts, but I doubt they'd do something like this. Probably something like Cindered Shadows, only tangentially related, with some of the most marketable mainline characters and then a bunch of unrelated new folks. I would hope for more playable oldies there, but... I mean, again judging by what happened with Cindered Shadows, chances aren't very good.

I mean I would imagine Hyacinth is some sort of Sage variant. Maybe he could be on a griffin to round out the group, but I'd be surprised if he was not a tome/staff unit. As for Sfolgia Archers are part of the covert category, but who knows. I'm not saying they definitely would be but I feel like they'd wind up closer to their kids as opposed to being something further away.

26 minutes ago, Mirron said:

I mean I would imagine Hyacinth is some sort of Sage variant. Maybe he could be on a griffin to round out the group, but I'd be surprised if he was not a tome/staff unit. As for Sfolgia Archers are part of the covert category, but who knows. I'm not saying they definitely would be but I feel like they'd wind up closer to their kids as opposed to being something further away.

I wrote "doesn't even look like he fights" when I meant to say "flies" lololololol

Yeah, Hyacinth definitely looks like a kind of sage. And you make a good point, Sfoglia does look like a sniper. I guess we'll see if she ever sets foot on the battlefield.