Tempest Trials+: Daughters of the Black Fang!

Diovani Bressan

A new Tempest Trials+ is coming, titled "Daughters of the Black Fang"!

2wcI7jk.png

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

aWxcEXo.jpg

Soren's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

V21UxgI.jpg

Soren, dressed in the robes of the Khadein school of magic, struggling to hide
his confusion over the garb's significance. Appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

EbedDLP.png Magical Lantern+ (Mt: 12 | Range: 2)
At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces on an ally, grants "unit cannot be slowed by terrain (does not apply to impassable terrain)" and
"Special cooldown charge +1 per attack during combat (only highest value applied; does not stack)" to unit for 1 turn.
If unit initiates combat or is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Res+5 to unit during combat.

EF29GXG.png Glacies (Cooldown: 4)
Boosts damage by 80% of unit's Res.

NkFjUUx.png Atk/Res Form 3
If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Res+X to unit during combat
(X = 2 × number of allies within 2 spaces, + 1; max 7).

DZELnct.png Infantry Breath 3
Adjacent infantry allies gain: "If foe initiates combat, grants Def/Res+2 during combat and
Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)"

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

FeIKIrM.png Fortify Dragons
At start of turn, grants Def/Res+6 to adjacent dragon allies for 1 turn.

h7YgEVo.png Rouse Atk/Def 3
At start of turn, if unit is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Def+6 to unit for 1 turn.

You can also earn some Divine Codes: Ephemera 1 by reaching the 6,000 score, and a Fire Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

I wonder how many people will think Soren's a girl with the TT+ title being what it is. I remember coming across various people who thought he was female despite all the "he"s scattered throughout PoR/RD.

Anyway, from what bit of his art I can see here, he's looking good! I hope he has high res. He looks like he's spec'd pretty well for that, based on his weapon and skills.

Also, based on the TT+ title, I guess Nino and Ursula will be the people focused on here. Maybe Limstella, too? I don't think Sonia's in the game yet, is she? Hmm technically, Leila could show up, too. That said, I think it's mainly going to just be Nino and Ursula. I don't think we've ever really seen them interact much, so this should be interesting.

I think Soren will be a good Atk, Spd and Res, with poor Def unit. Too bad he doesn't have a prf, but at least his tome is quite good. Quite similar case of Summer Elincia here, of agood unit without a prf that goes with a banner with only prf units.

Fortify Dragons is whatever to me... I will put it on Nils and never remove it. Rouse Atk/Def though can be useful in my One-Turn clears, in case my units are not close to each other.

Is this the first FEH -or released official artwork in general- to show Soren with a hood up?

Asking b/c Path of Radiance had this unused in its data.:

Fire_Emblem_PoR_Face_Soren_Hood_L.png

Would be kinda funny if it took 22 years for Soren to be shown this way, sorta. You'd think his antisocial & introspective self would normally keep his head covered as an extra social barrier from other people. And it could potentially better hide his mark too.

22 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

That said, I think it's mainly going to just be Nino and Ursula. I don't think we've ever really seen them interact much, so this should be interesting.

Ursula was the one sent to execute Nino, if Jaffar didn't have it in him to do it himself. And I'm pretty sure Ursula did the job, Bolting in Fog of War and having to get Jaffar and Nino next to each other for the side chapter has assuredly sent more than a few Ninos to the grave. Definitely including at least one of my own.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Sonia is in the game. She was the GHB before Limstella.

True. Though I suspect that the IS devs don't like Sonia. She came in unfashionably late as a GHB hero, was kind of a crappy unit and keeps having her seasonal slots stolen by Ursula for some reason.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is this the first FEH -or released official artwork in general- to show Soren with a hood up?

Asking b/c Path of Radiance had this unused in its data.:

Fire_Emblem_PoR_Face_Soren_Hood_L.png

Would be kinda funny if it took 22 years for Soren to be shown this way, sorta. You'd think his antisocial & introspective self would normally keep his head covered as an extra social barrier from other people. And it could potentially better hide his mark too.

Ursula was the one sent to execute Nino, if Jaffar didn't have it in him to do it himself. And I'm pretty sure Ursula did the job, Bolting in Fog of War and having to get Jaffar and Nino next to each other for the side chapter has assuredly sent more than a few Ninos to the grave. Definitely including at least one of my own.

Oh right. I didn't remember that detail. Thanks. 🙂

As For Soren, he certainly has a hood up this time, but it's certainly not his usual one. As far as why he usually has it down, I can think of a couple of reasons. One is because he may not actually want to hide his mark. He values honesty, and it can come out in a spiteful way for him, too. Like, "if you can't accept me knowing I have this mark, then you're not worth my time and I'm allowed to be prickly toward you." Another reason.... Well, have you seen his hair? Getting all that bunched up on your neck and the top layer all fussed up and tanged can be really annoying (speaking as someone wing long hair, myself, and my experience with trying to tuck it in behind my head under a hood.) That said, he does actually look good in a hood. Looks good without one, too (I appreciate how he styles his hair), but the change is nice.

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Sonia is in the game. She was the GHB before Limstella.

Ah, thanks. Looks like Ephidel's the only one missing, then (besides Nergal himself for some reason.) Maybe she'll show up this time, then? Being Nino's "mom?"

As I already said in the banner thread, the Sacred Seals this time are pretty disappointing. Rouse Atk/Def is at least usable on challenge maps and comes with a good stat combination, but for challenge maps, Atk/Def Solo grants the same stat boost, cannot be nullified by the opponents' skills, and is usually easier to activate.

Magical Lantern looks pretty good. If the opponent isn't running Tempo or Guard, you can activate a 2-cooldown Special if the opponent doesn't counterattack (Moonbow, Ruptured Sky) or a 4-cooldown Special if they do (Glacies, Astra). Even without the Special charge rate boost, the fact that it's an inheritable weapon that grants nullification of terrain movement penalties is huge for cavalry (and Valentine Veronica will probably want it as a situational alternative to Drifting Grace).

I'm expecting this Soren to have a similar stat spread as his Young alt, though perhaps with his Atk and Spd swapped to not overlap too much with regular Ilyana, who shares a color with him.

As I mentioned in the other thread, this Soren is also from Radiant Dawn instead of Path of Radiance, which is pretty cool for Resonant Battles.

47 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

True. Though I suspect that the IS devs don't like Sonia. She came in unfashionably late as a GHB hero, was kind of a crappy unit and keeps having her seasonal slots stolen by Ursula for some reason.

Ursula has always been the more popular character. Even in the original popularity poll for Blazing Sword in Japan, Ursula placed 22nd, whereas Sonia placed 65th, landing below Ephidel (58th), Jasmine (59th), Paul (62nd), and Brendan (63rd), but above Nergal (67th).

For additional reference, the characters around Ursula are Priscilla (20th), Erk (21st), Fiora (23rd), and Sain (24th). Limstella was 42nd.