If you are preordering Engage double check with your store.

ciphertul

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Wiki worshipers sweating their brains out over whether the game released on the 20th or the 19th:

Say what you want but this is what my local Gamestop told me.

I have the Divine Edition preordered from Walmart and it will be delivered to my house. I'm hoping I get it in a reasonable amount of time. According to my order summary, it shouldn't arrive later than the 26th. While I'd rather not wait a week after the game's out, it all depends on the carrier. It's nice to hear that some stores might release the game early.

Now is the winter of our discontent,

when Fire Emblem Engage is sitting on your Switch,

fully downloaded and ready...

And you can't have access to it until the 20th 😆

1 hour ago, Taho said:

Yep this is me too lol. It just stares at you. Taunting you.

I was wondering if GameStop is even open that late, but google says they close at 9 PM in my area. I guess that GameStop is releasing it early to coincide with the EShop times. I can usually start playing a game 2 hours early, due to it being 12 EST.

I was contemplating on getting the game physical, but I can't wait until 12 or 5 the next day to start playing.

45 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I was wondering if GameStop is even open that late, but google says they close at 9 PM in my area. I guess that GameStop is releasing it early to coincide with the EShop times. I can usually start playing a game 2 hours early, due to it being 12 EST.

I was contemplating on getting the game physical, but I can't wait until 12 or 5 the next day to start playing.

My Gamestop said they are staying open 2 extra hours to accommodate the late release.

2 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

Jan 20th is right around Lunar New Year for me, so my local shop might deliver the game later, which sucks because I want to spend my holiday playing Engage 😞

This is why i have a big sd card and just pre order everything through the switch store. Sure i miss physical media, but at this time in my life the convenience of digital out ways it for me. 

19 hours ago, Taho said:

Yikes! But at least you'll be able to play it as soon as you get up in the morning, or whenever you want to once the day comes!

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yikes! But at least you'll be able to play it as soon as you get up in the morning, or whenever you want to once the day comes!

For 3H, I got up at 6am while the kids were still sleeping so I could get a bit of playtime before they got up 😅

But it was the summer holidays. Friday's a work day, so I dunno. I'll probably pull an all nighter on the Friday night. 😁

Anyone else plans on doing this?

26 minutes ago, Taho said:

For 3H, I got up at 6am while the kids were still sleeping so I could get a bit of playtime before they got up 😅

But it was the summer holidays. Friday's a work day, so I dunno. I'll probably pull an all nighter on the Friday night. 😁

I got hoodwinked, I put in for Friday off but learned that Gamestop opens at Noon, so I was like well I guess I'll just take 1/2 day instead! Psyche Gamestop early release!

11 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I got hoodwinked, I put in for Friday off but learned that Gamestop opens at Noon, so I was like well I guess I'll just take 1/2 day instead! Psyche Gamestop early release!

So you still have another half-day to spend elsewhere, neat!

12 hours ago, Taho said:

For 3H, I got up at 6am while the kids were still sleeping so I could get a bit of playtime before they got up

Ooh, clever! I hope you didn't burn out during the day though!

12 hours ago, Taho said:

Well, I know it's an unhealthy thing to do, but...

raises hand

(If I can get away with it since I don't live alone.)

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Well, I know it's an unhealthy thing to do, but...

raises hand

(If I can get away with it since I don't live alone.)

We'll pay for it eventually 😅