Engage Leak Thread *CAUTION: SPOILERS AHOY*

Azz

19 minutes ago, Garok said:

Is there any list of what skills we can learn from emblems?

Yeah, You can found your happiness in the google doc by Vincent! Available here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qFcABi455ZzLh0Drz1yZAxat5i_GWxIv3SPEDdlcZRE/htmlview#gid=0

A lot of info here, you just have to scroll a bit. Be careful of spoiler tho. You can found info for the Emblem Bond, what skill you get at what level. And you can get a description of those skills in the Skill Tab. Plus, he updates it sometimes with new things!

I'm just really grateful to Vincent for making this. It's really interesting and useful!

Edited by Hiroki

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I just realized that this is the 2nd game in which...

Hide contents

You lose Sigurd and his friends halfway into the game. 

Spoiler

And the 2nd game where the antagonist who took Sigurd later returns his magical item via a different character and afterwards you can talk to Sigurd's spirit. 

Yes I know this is more of a reach. 

10 minutes ago, Seazas said:

After seeing Tiki's conversation: the conversation in question starts to confirm the Bracelets' are going to have their own story and battle in Wave 4 rather than just optional drops. That honestly makes me more accepting toward the supposedly leaked DLC bracelet lineup.

Hide contents

If they're going to be grouped up in a narrative that's completely inconsequential to Alear and the 12 Emblems, this is admittedly the most interesting array of faces. They best fit the side protagonist roles they'll be given rather than using character who belonged as main rings like Alm.

Three growing students, two moody mages, two brash goofy dads, one crazy doting sister, and one dragon are a pretty fun group.

Spoiler

Oooo now that you put it that way, it does make more sense. I still think Elincia and really anyone other than Camilla would make picks for Tellius and Fates even in this context, but I do think if we are getting a side-story with the bracelets, these choices do make sense.

I do hope that some of the emblems are multi emblems like the house leaders and Eirika. Kinda hope Camilla is with Takumi since they tend to be paired off as the none Xander/Ryoma Fates royal reps and I think if we are getting a non-Azura Fates dlc, it should be two royals.

Are Birthdays in the game and if they are, what do they influence for your character lore and gameplay wise?  Do partymembers react to it?  

38 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

Yeah, You can found your happiness in the google doc by Vincent! Available here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qFcABi455ZzLh0Drz1yZAxat5i_GWxIv3SPEDdlcZRE/htmlview#gid=0

A lot of info here, you just have to scroll a bit. Be careful of spoiler tho. You can found info for the Emblem Bond, what skill you get at what level. And you can get a description of those skills in the Skill Tab. Plus, he updates it sometimes with new things!

I'm just really grateful to Vincent for making this. It's really interesting and useful!

Thank you. 

And thanks to Vincent for his hard work.

Spoiler

So I heard from one person that the final map has the main villains from the past games. Is this true? Do they have models and voice actors or are they just generics that have the names? Also, do they use special weapons or just the closest analogues to their weapons from those games?

Sharing this here. This is how base stats are calculated (found by testing multiple units):

Base Stat = Personal Base + Class Base + ROUND((Level-1) x (Personal Growth))

If the unit is promoted, use (Level+18) instead of (Level-1). You can find Personal Bases, Class Bases, and Personal Growth rates in plenty of places, including VincentASM's helpful spreadsheet.

Notably, units do not benefit from class growths in the above formula, only their own personal growths. As a result, units with a high join level will have slightly lower than expected stats, unless their personal bases make up for this. (For example, Mauvier has really high personal bases, which means his base stats are good despite joining at such a high level).

Also this game rounds unit stats instead of flooring them like 3H does.

Edited by Silly

1 hour ago, Brimney said:

If it's alright I'm just going to dump a concise list of all the leak uploads (CGs, OST, Supports) I've found here: 

Hide contents

Cgs, including S Supports: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/15b-Vw2yGxLNH92NiY-4X09aVSJ3HkFox

Cutscenes: https://mega.nz/folder/2yRgwLYR#LWsG4ezhV2cC1lNIF5Jx0Q/folder/77wnXSqD

Supports - https://files.catbox.moe/ngmdsl.zip

Japanese Support and Text Dump: https://files.catbox.moe/edmkl5.zip

OST - https://www.mediafire.com/file/i6g6f4zmkmrso03/FEE_Wheeeeee.zip/file

General Text dump: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T50u-iK9xZPyJ9lobBh2-3LM-Wk1nj2F4T6LyvoL6C4/edit#gid=1265684355

Serenes Forest (hi!) Dump - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qFcABi455ZzLh0Drz1yZAxat5i_GWxIv3SPEDdlcZRE/htmlview#

I assume there are no Alear's support convos in there? Since i cant seem to find them in there.

58 minutes ago, coolmotif30 said:

does anyone know if there is an option to keep the characters initial outfit even when they change classes? three houses had the option to keep their original outfits even when in battle.

Doesn't seem to currently exist, but the options for using monastery outfits in battle, etc. came in an update about 4 mo. after release, so I wouldn't be surprised if changing battle outfits gets implemented at some point soon!

49 minutes ago, Timur2345 said:

I assume there are no Alear's support convos in there? Since i cant seem to find them in there.

If it's the same support list that I have, I think the Alear supports are the ones that have "Lueur" in the name, since that's the Japanese name for Alear.

1 hour ago, king_sombo said:
  Hide contents

So I heard from one person that the final map has the main villains from the past games. Is this true? Do they have models and voice actors or are they just generics that have the names? Also, do they use special weapons or just the closest analogues to their weapons from those games?

Spoiler

I don't know the exact details you asked for but there is data for them in the text dumps described as dark emblems and skills that give them a weakness to their respective hero's emblem. (and a skill for the final boss to grant a barrier per dark emblem) 

Their weapons definitely aren't in the google doc. 

Honestly, yeah. I know the FE community is averse to more pop animanga styles for FE, but I think after some of the more terrible things I've seen on Tumblr and Twitter in regards to 3H's story and characters, we really needed a campy good ol time type of game, and this is coming from someone who also prefers more down to earth animanga art styles and stories in general.

(Whoops, messed up quoting the above post...new member, lol)

Edited by WindSentinel

2 minutes ago, WindSentinel said:

Honestly, yeah. I know the FE community is averse to more pop animanga styles for FE, but I think after some of the more terrible things I've seen on Tumblr and Twitter in regards to 3H's story and characters, we really needed a campy good ol time type of game, and this is coming from someone who also prefers more down to earth animanga art styles and stories in general.

We're all new members now

That's an argument I often hear, but I don't really think a vocal minority of screamers is worth losing sleep over. They're rather easy to ignore. And the fact that arguments can get so heated reflects well on the game, since it implies the setting is interesting enough to prompt discussion. I'd rather have that no matter how nasty than everyone being in tepid agreement that things are pretty okay, or even bland. 

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's an argument I often hear, but I don't really think a vocal minority of screamers is worth losing sleep over. They're rather easy to ignore. And the fact that arguments can get so heated reflects well on the game, since it implies the setting is interesting enough to prompt discussion. I'd rather have that no matter how nasty than everyone being in tepid agreement that things are pretty okay, or even bland. 

(Figured it out lol)

You're right though! A game that starts a conversation is better than a game that explores and prompts nothing in the base...and unfortunately, Elyos is looking to be a tad forgettable thanks to the campy, good time angle it took and the fetch quest plot (though maybe the pepsi toothpaste memes and the fact that the leaks were real will make it memorable?).

I'm intrigued by a few aspects of the worldbuilding and characters I'm seeing here, but not the whole universe. With Fodlan I can at least say I'm interested in the setting, even if we're leaving it behind. I'll still give Engage a shot though, maybe it's different when you play it yourself.

45 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I do think after the gloomy nature of 3 Houses, Engage is a nice palette cleanser. I will never get over so many dark issues that the main characters just ignore. What Abyss meant for so many people and how the Gonerils treated any captured Almyrans. Nobody really cared and I loathe that.

4 hours ago, Azz said:
  Hide contents

Oooo now that you put it that way, it does make more sense. I still think Elincia and really anyone other than Camilla would make picks for Tellius and Fates even in this context, but I do think if we are getting a side-story with the bracelets, these choices do make sense.

I do hope that some of the emblems are multi emblems like the house leaders and Eirika. Kinda hope Camilla is with Takumi since they tend to be paired off as the none Xander/Ryoma Fates royal reps and I think if we are getting a non-Azura Fates dlc, it should be two royals.

Spoiler

I think Soren was the better pick than Elincia. She's another swordie while Soren's a mage. I do agree Azura would've been a fun Engage bracelet, unfortunately she probably lost her chances once Byleth got the dance skill.

6 hours ago, egobarrier said:

I did manage to get a JP script dump from /vg/.

In case anyone else wants it: https://files.catbox.moe/edmkl5.zip

Is there a new download for JP text dump? This link's not working anymore it seems

I want to look at the supports and translate them myself, and see the differences across localization

Edited by lukelufu

On 1/16/2023 at 10:16 PM, KoriCongo said:

From the description, looks to be based off of Sommie.

I see. In regards to the outfits, I noticed that some of the characters who have amiibo weren't on that list. Like Alm and Robin for example. Does that mean we won't be getting their costumes via scanning their amiibo? Or maybe they are on that list and my eyes are just having a hard time seeing them lol

*sigh* Without looking at any other spoilers if 

Spoiler

Zephia isn't recruitable... that's like the third or fourth mainline game in a row where a character that I want, with a good design, isn't recruitable. Scarlet (why?!) and Lilith, Kronya (post betrayal of her, would be a token villain), and many more.

Granted, I'm a sucker for redeemed villains in general. Here's to hoping for spotpass like characters.

5 hours ago, WindSentinel said:

I'm intrigued by a few aspects of the worldbuilding and characters I'm seeing here, but not the whole universe. With Fodlan I can at least say I'm interested in the setting, even if we're leaving it behind.

This is actually one of my biggest frustrations with Fire Emblem. I LOVE the series- have for a long long time. And yes, it's not fun when every year the world faces a world ending threat.

But I want to know more about Magvel. It's been almost two decades since we last visited it- what happened to Grado, what happened to Renais? I know there can't be a fully canon end due to marriages, but look at Binding and Blazing Blade. There's so much that could be done!

What about Jugdral? What about Arachnea (sp?) The "1,000 years later we still have swords and what not" was kinda weird.

What about Tellius? We got hints beyond the desert.

Fateslandia? Fodlan?

By their nature Fire Emblem games don't work with sequels too well- otherwise it isn't a happily ever after and the end cards aren't as true. At the same time, I really wish we visited each continent three or four times so we could know more about their worlds. As is we are left with a taste and curiosity, a good bit of theorycrafting... and that's it because it's on to the next continent.

6 hours ago, WindSentinel said:

Honestly, same. I know some folks are all about the morality and different outcomes and what have you, but after 3H, I've seen more than enough anime politics discourse to last me a lifetime. Absolutely nothing wrong with something more campy and straightforward that simply wants to be a fun and clear-cut good vs evil tale (especially nowadays).