Quality of Life features you'd like to see added in future patches?

DefyingFates

On 2/25/2023 at 5:32 AM, lenticular said:

Have achievements automatically grant bond fragments when you achieve them, rather than requiring the extra step of going to the notice board to claim them.

I don't have much to add to the forum topic, but I wanted to thank you for this post. Without reading it, I wouldn't have realized achievements gave bond fragments at all.

I'm on chapter 15 and just got a dump of 10k bond fragments thanks to finally noticing this. I guess this would reinforce what an improvement this would be.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

I don't have much to add to the forum topic, but I wanted to thank you for this post. Without reading it, I wouldn't have realized achievements gave bond fragments at all.

I'm on chapter 15 and just got a dump of 10k bond fragments thanks to finally noticing this. I guess this would reinforce what an improvement this would be.

Congrats on the windfall! I personally was just lazy, but even I appreciate how fun it is to just get a ton of something all at once 😛

^ This happened to me too. I only figured it out like 10 or so chapters in and got a huge dump.

Another thing I'd like to change is how the cooking menu works. It doesn't make sense to have to pick the people before seeing the meals. My process currently is: Pick the first 2 people as dummies to see the meals, find the meal that gives the best bonuses that the cook is good at making, open a tab on SF to see the list of preferred foods and Ctrl+F to find the list of who likes it, and then pick who i want to eat it from there. This is very awkward.

It would make a LOT more sense if you would first see the meals, pick one, and THEN pick the units, where you see a list of who does and doesn't like them.

12 minutes ago, Galap said:

^ This happened to me too. I only figured it out like 10 or so chapters in and got a huge dump.

Another thing I'd like to change is how the cooking menu works. It doesn't make sense to have to pick the people before seeing the meals. My process currently is: Pick the first 2 people as dummies to see the meals, find the meal that gives the best bonuses that the cook is good at making, open a tab on SF to see the list of preferred foods and Ctrl+F to find the list of who likes it, and then pick who i want to eat it from there. This is very awkward.

It would make a LOT more sense if you would first see the meals, pick one, and THEN pick the units, where you see a list of who does and doesn't like them.

I think the issue is that cooking seems geared toward building supports first and stats second, because the current method is great for that. You can also use the tabs at the top to get to the dishes from the chef's region since they tend to be better with those. I get why you'd want an option to choose the best meal first though, particularly on Maddening.

6 hours ago, Galap said:

Heck, that's exactly what Three Houses did. Pick the meal, then you get to see which characters benefit most. Kind of backwards to do the opposite.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:38 PM, link16hit said:

you can press X or Y in inventory to check the weapon stats in inventory IIRC, but cannot when you check on the field ui.

Oof, now that really sucks. I would definitely say that is my most desired quality of life addition- the ability to check a weapon's stats on the field and not the combat stats they would give to the current unit. I need to calculate for trades and such.

Given the number of times I've seen people misunderstand the royals' 'retreat' speeches with permadeath enabled, I'd ask for multiple auto-save slots. It'd save me the trouble of doing my own rotating manual saves in case I do something dumb too. Besides that...

Item stacking and item merging.
Improved skill descriptions, distinguishing inherit-only skills from sync skills.
Prompt to equip skills upon inheriting.
Better engrave UI.

1 minute ago, Technoweirdo said:

Item stacking and item merging.

It's crazy that this has only been in Awakening, IIRC. It's not like it'd ruin the economy either, since the DLC already does that staves and consumables are valued on a "by remaining usage" basis.

A function that could let animals roam the Somiel or another area for animals where we don't farm them for items. We get so adopt so many post-battle it's a shame that we can't showcase more of them, or are only using the dogs for ore :'). Also I hope they add adoptable alpacas. 

I'm really, really glad they let us inherit skills off the Arena now. Only one loading screen! No more traveling between the chamber and the arena now 🙂

Easily the best QoL change they've made.

I would have liked a system to forget inherited skills and recover SP. I imagine a system where you spend bond fragments and your character loses their skill but recovers their SP so it's available for new skills. For example, a character inherits Speed +3/4 in the mid-game, but later on forgets that skill in order to reinvest the SP into Speedtaker. Or a character inherits Canter in the early game, and later on I decide they should wield Sigurd and it doesn't feel like I wasted 1000 SP. In general I'm not a big fan of how SP was simultaneously a scarce but inflexible resource: promotes decision paralysis and hoarding of SP while disincentivizing experimentation. This has been mitigated by going the other route of making SP more abundant instead.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope it's okay to bring this post back since it's only a few weeks old, but with v1.4 only 4 days away, what would you like to see in terms of QoL in it?

I'd like to see some cosmetic stuff on top of whatever mechanical additions they'll include, namely a hairdo toggle for Alear and the ability for all units to wear the amiibo outfits, not just Alear and the Royals.

It's probably too much to hope for at this point, but I'd love to see the forging screen overhauled. Having to search by weapon instead of by character is unintuitive. Needing to leave the screen entirely to check the character's stats (particularly I often want to check their build to know if weight modifications are relevant) is also annoying.

Buying more than one item at once, too. I feel like I'm playing a NES game when I want to buy 12 steel and I have to pick up one at time.