Chrom's Maiden

Jotari

I'm tossing around the idea of creating a page for Chrom's Maiden on the Fire Emblem wiki and I'm just fishing for some more information since I never actually got her myself. I tried once, but then Chrom went and married Olivia >.>

Anyway, I know she doesn't pass down any skills so Lucina sucks, but does she also pass down no growth rates at all making Lucina double suck? I also know she appears in the baby Lucina cutscene after the time skip, but, unlike all the other mothers, doesn't appear in the Lucina reveal cutscene.

The main thing I'm wondering is if Chrom has an ending with her. I'm guessing not, since the wiki does list him as having a single ending, but I wonder if that could possibly be used just in case his wife dies and there is a slight chance he has a maiden ending (I'd really like it if he did).

And also, is her portrait unique or is it shared with other villagers in paralogues and villages and the like?

And well any other information you can think about on the matter.

Edited by Jotari

Pretty sure it's the generic maiden portrait. And yeah, I think Chrom will marry Olivia if he gets any support points with her and doesn't have a higher-priority spouse.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Anyway, I know she doesn't pass down any skills so Lucina sucks, but does she also pass down no growth rates at all making Lucina double suck?

What I'm hearing is that it's best for Chrom to be maidenless.

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Pretty sure it's the generic maiden portrait. And yeah, I think Chrom will marry Olivia if he gets any support points with her and doesn't have a higher-priority spouse.

What I'm hearing is that it's best for Chrom to be maidenless.

Pretty sure Chrom has to reach full C-rank, I think I got the Maiden once while trying for an Olivia run.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

The main thing I'm wondering is if Chrom has an ending with her.

Let me check and see if I have an active Maiden-Chrom file, if so I'll go finish it and let you know.

7 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Pretty sure Chrom has to reach full C-rank, I think I got the Maiden once while trying for an Olivia run.

I don't think so, because I was actively going for Maiden and still got Olivia, whom I wouldn't have gotten a C support for in such scenario (unless I'm a total idiot...which isn't off the table I'll admit).

Haven't played Awakening in forever, but I remember messing around with some stuff regarding Chrom's forced marriage a long time back. If my memory is correct, you need a certain amount of support points between Chrom and Olivia for them to actually get married. And if you fall short of this threshold, then Chrom marries the generic maiden if all of his other options are not available. It's also impossible to view any of Chrom and Olivia's supports naturally if they get married because Chrom's forced hookup is before you can access any support conversations after the chapter 9 battle.

I remember back when I first played Awakening back when it came out, I got him to marry the Maiden by complete accident and noticed that he had a secret marriage scene with Sumia, since I really liked their dynamic I literally started the whole game all over again because I wasn't satisfied with Chrom with a average Susan 

Good times

9 hours ago, Deathcon said:

Chrom's maiden uses the blonde village maiden with freckles.

For Lucina it acts as if she has no mother but amusingly enough due to this she gives the greatest defense max modifier at 0.

I'm sure a +defense Robin can give a higher modifier.