So...let's talk tiers.

Dat Nick

Probably. Still.

Hardly enough to disqualify him. And you totally ignore how this fucks over Wolf more.
O...kay? I'm comparing that their Strength difference is about as negligible as, say, their Defense difference.

C5, C6, C6x, C7, can level up during C8 as well?

maybe I failed math but that's not quite adding up to two
Five levels in five chapters for slow EXP gain and already few enemies is definitely not probable.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently their strength difference is "negligible" whereas their defense difference is not.

it is negligible. Zagaro's def lead just isn't enough to be a tier on Wolf.

I'm comparing that their Strength difference is about as negligible as, say, their Defense difference.

except it's not

the def matters, even if it's just 1 def that's better than extra damage when you one round everything already

the str doesn't

Five levels in five chapters for slow EXP gain

and again, you stretch slow as if he's gaining EXP like Marcus in the early stages. Not. Even.

Edited by Vyland

it is negligible. Zagaro's def lead just isn't enough to be a tier on Wolf.
Oh, so it did get finished. I completely missed the conclusion, sorry XD

I apologize for the trolling, have a nice day.

the def matters, even if it's just 1 def that's better than extra damage when you one round everything already

the str doesn't

Wolf being general, right? Well his durability is good enough too. Zagaro's defense is just overkill on normal mode.

Wolf on the other hand starts killing things faster with his better strength growth. I could bring up the point in speed, but that would be seriously nitpicking for them as generals.

heroes

and even if they are both generals....whut? The difference between them is Wolf two rounds everything...and so does Zag

Edited by Vyland

Why is Jake above Beck? The only thing that could even be close to giving him an edge would be his one chapter advantage, and he's not doing much there. Beck, on the other hand, joins with, like, 3 Skill and a point of Strength on Jake, and he joins with Thunderbolt in a Ballistae-filled chapter, so he can gain levels easily. :/

Just a few questions.

Why is Est in fail? I've heard she is really good once you level her up. Also, are Radd and Caesar any good? THey have good speed at their base levels, but I don't know if they become any good as other people.

Just a few questions.

Why is Est in fail? I've heard she is really good once you level her up. Also, are Radd and Caesar any good? THey have good speed at their base levels, but I don't know if they become any good as other people.

Est is fail for showing up way too late and growing into weaker than Catria and Paula anyways. Basically you train her and WOOPS, game just ended. There's nothing special about her. At all. She statistically is your worst flyer outside of Minerva anyways, and Minerva has the advantage of great joint ime, weapon rank, AND great base stats for her time.

Try Ceasar as a Dark Mage, as he's nothing really special as a mercenary. Raddy's a good cavalier, but he has the problem of starting off so weak. He's great if built up, just...you'll need patience, I'll put it that way.

I hope this has answered your questions. Keep in mind this isn't for Wi-Fi, but rather normal mode single player.

Est barely even manages to be any better than a 20 Minerva when she promotes.

Which is pretty sad, because IF she hits 20/1, the game's over.

Edited by Vyland

Given that I like Est (wow, you never would of guessed that) she lacks her original allure in FE1 (which was a flat 70 Growthrate in every stat), her Growths are basically the same as her sisters except she has a 50% in Luck. Outside of that yeah, she's not all that useful in a timed playthrough.

On Wi-Fi she's another viable unit choice, the added luck is useful (it has effect on a few combat things that you won't mind effecting). But in game unless you like to Arena for fun and profit... what everyone else said covered it.

She still has problems in wi-fi due to HP and poor DEF. Due to this, she's better off being a sniper but then again, maxing STR and SPD as a Sniper isn't a problem for several early game units AND they'll have better HP and DEF.

Depends on the number of Dazzles you run into, like Caeda she can hit a 50% Critrate without a weapon adjustment based on her growths (unlike Caeda she'll have no issue with her Strength). Which most units can't. The closest you get is the 40% Growth on the early Cavaliers and Catria. Every other Luckrate 50 or higher (barring the other Classset and non-Reclassables) belongs to a Cleric (read: No Strength Growth to speak of).

I'm not saying she's a great unit. She's a good unit screwed by jointime.

Now then, if she still had her 70 Growth across the board...

Edited by Rakath

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know I don't have to train Est, as I found it really boring in FE7 getting Nino so late.

I find that turning Ogma into a Knight at around level 10-15 really helped his stats. He gets lots of STR, DEF and HP, and considering he already has high skill and speed from his time as a mercenary, I found he can kill nearly everything. I also find Hardins Stats highly dissapointing after using him for 3 playthroughs. I also find Navarre VERY good as a Cavalier.

• 2 months later...
oh phew

Thank god this is just the forum being funny and not the actual return of electricwolf. *shudder*

Indeed. Of course, the list may need updating due to the loss of data.

Well, like Samson said: "Them's the breaks."

I don't believe I've made any changes to the list since then. At least none that jump out at me like on the H5 list [Cord being in High tier, Ogma in top, etc.]

EDIT: Wait, yeah. I do notice some things now that I look over it a second time. If anybody else has any other issues, old or new, go ahead.

Edited by Aran Ryan

Why is Cord so damn low? I never understood that. He's probably one of the best characters in H5, but here he's only that far up eh? Hmm...

On that note, some of these just feel out of place. Like Roger being that low, or Horace, and possibly others. Not trying to pull the "mimic H5 Topic" game, but some of these must have good reasons to be where they are. And Catria being so damn high above these guys.

Why is Cord so damn low? I never understood that. He's probably one of the best characters in H5, but here he's only that far up eh?

On NM, offense is far less important, and durability and movement are the primary statistics you should be concerned with unless you're one of the few characters who blows so hard offensively you can't one round everything on the map.

On that note, some of these just feel out of place. Like Roger being that low

Why shouldn't he be? If his durability's not sucking, his offense is.

or Horace,

Enemy atk just took a massive plummet down, and his usefulness went down with it.

And Catria being so damn high above these guys.

Her move and durability>>>That of everybody below her. Her offense isn't even that bad starting out, only missing one rounding the peg reinforcements by leaving them with 1 HP, and she totally rapes C15 stiff.

Edited by Aran Ryan

On NM, offense is far less important, and durability and movement are the primary statistics you should be concerned with unless you're one of the few characters who blows so hard offensively you can't one round everything on the map.

Barst can't be THAT much better defensively to that of Cord, but I'll see what happens.

Why shouldn't he be? If his durability's not sucking, his offense is.

It's highly dependant on the route. Armor Knight Roger doesn't give a damn about half the hits that he'll take, and if he does it'll improve within a short time. Hunter / Armor Knight mix isn't that big of a sin since they should be simple enough.

Enemy atk just took a massive plummet down, and his usefulness went down with it.

Hero Horace begs to differ, which has awesome base stats here.

Her move and durability>>>That of everybody below her. Her offense isn't even that bad starting out, only missing one rounding the peg reinforcements by leaving them with 1 HP, and she totally rapes C15 stiff.

Her coming in C14 should almost be seen as a trip though... but maybe I'm simply blind with NM and how piss easy it really was (seriously, I quite halfway because it was THAT simple).

Barst can't be THAT much better defensively to that of Cord, but I'll see what happens.

His better start also certainly does not hurt, although perhaps Barst should drop on this list a little.

It's highly dependant on the route. Armor Knight Roger doesn't give a damn about half the hits that he'll take, and if he does it'll improve within a short time.

His defense is not the problem. His offense is.

Hunter / Armor Knight mix isn't that big of a sin since they should be simple enough.

perhaps not

Hero Horace begs to differ, which has awesome base stats here.

His durability disagrees. He's basically a worse Astoria. Since when was that good?

Her coming in C14 should almost be seen as a trip though... but maybe I'm simply blind with NM and how piss easy it really was (seriously, I quite halfway because it was THAT simple).

While Cord is contributing a bit in killing things on NM during the time he exists and Catria doesn't, his horrid defense is going to be a problem. I'm going to gamestop Monday to get a new adapter, I'll blaze through NM quick and record enemy stats to confirm this.

Edited by Aran Ryan

I think that Gordin can go up (Again) because of Jackal's Cav-Draco discovery. Gordin's offense is much better, as is his durability. And he can double later on in the game IIRC.