So...let's talk tiers.

Dat Nick

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Merric:

EDT: But here's something. Below Barst is fair game since he has 1-2 range, and Water Walk's not hurting. Marth...doesn't have 1-2 range that doesn't suck. So we've got Merric>Marth but not Barst.

Bump, still want an answer to this Merric>Marth but not Barst dillema.

As to not make this post a total waste, I figured Jeorge deserved to move up a tier. Also, Radd should probably be lower.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to include arena use as an advantage characters have, most specifically chapter 8 and 11 arenas since they're easily available.

This does not mean arena abuse, but rather arena use, where the rest of your army is clearing the chapter so you're not spending 50 turns leveling up, but rather the length of the chapter.

I figure this would benefit:

- Zagaro & Wolf, obviously

- Caesar

- Linde... Maybe

- Gives EXP to a healer

- Any other decent character around that time

Edited by Chainey

You forgot Raddy.

How the hell is it benefitting Wolf and Sedgar though? Won't they be fighting promotes with their terribad bases?

I think it makes sense though, given the unit has nothing better to do. Ceasar and Raddy definitely benefit from it, they start right next to one in an area not in danger and can use VULNERARIES to keep your healers free for defending, and keeping themselves healed since the shop is also just right there. It's not like they start with huge HP here.

How the hell is it benefitting Wolf and Sedgar though? Won't they be fighting promotes with their terribad bases?
So they can get past their terribad bases without draining EXP resources.

And fighting pre-promotes are fine. Sorcerers and Bishops die and stuff.

After thinking about it though, I think this might not change some tier positions since most characters benefit from it anyway. It might help Linde and Caesar's case, but then it'll hurt them for taking away arena use from other characters.

You forgot Raddy.
Raddy sucks. He can barely get anything from the arena. Edited by Chainey

Actually, there are infinitely many things better than one Sedgar. And that ranges from 2 Sedgars to a infinity Sedgars.

The only things better than two Sedgars tier:

- Infinity Sedgars

- More than three Sedgars

- Three Sedgars

Edited by Chainey

I haven't been playing this game for long, but wouldn't Sedgar/Zagaro's 11 chapter lead (though I will admit that he's not doing that great for, say, two of them) be able to push him above Xane? He's tanking way before Xane can copy him.

I haven't been playing this game for long, but wouldn't Sedgar/Zagaro's 11 chapter lead (though I will admit that he's not doing that great for, say, two of them) be able to push him above Xane? He's tanking way before Xane can copy him.
He's already above Xane. It isn't Sedgar = Xane.

Though I'm thinking of putting Xane in Bruce Willis tier on the H5 list, and now I have a good reason finally. Wolf is an inferior second Sedgar, Chainey is an inferior second Sedgar. It's already established that Sedgar > Chainey, and I think the join time is worth a tier difference.

>_>

<_<

You didn't see me mess up and not check the first post while only using information that I assumed based on this and the last couple of pages.

You didn't.

Also, you could possibly argue Wolf above Xane using that logic. They're both inferior Sedgars, but Wolf's earlier joining may be able to beat Xane's small statistical lead (he IS copying Sedgar, after all.)

Edited by Julius

Also, you could possibly argue Wolf above Xane using that logic. They're both inferior Sedgars, but Wolf's earlier joining may be able to beat Xane's small statistical lead (he IS copying Sedgar, after all.)
I don't want it to become a slippery slope of, "but then he's an inferior of this unit, then this unit, then this one..."

He may as well be directly compared to the best unit, because really his true tier position can't really be defined well.

Jagen up please. You pretty much can't go wrong with him earlygame. Decent wall, great at weakening enemies, best move for a while (like when you wanna reach the armory in chapter 2 for hand axes early) makes him cool.

Edited by Reinfleche

Shiida should be higher she was great for me and Wyrs he is good for me as well. I didn't use any other healers or peg knights except for them and my game turned out great. Abel for me didn't seem all that great to me

Edited by Kiba

Shiida should be higher she was great for me and Wyrs he is good for me as well. I didn't use any other healers or peg knights except for them and my game turned out great. Abel for me didn't seem all that great to me

I laughed. Hard.

Personal experience means nothing.

You pretty much can't go wrong with him earlygame.

sure you can

He's not even one step above Abel, Frey, and Cain after the prologue.

best move for a while (like when you wanna reach the armory in chapter 2 for hand axes early) makes him cool.

cooler than COMMISSIONER GORDIN, DEFENDER OF GOTHAM, yes, as an emergency tank is better than anything Gordin does

not like being better than COMMISSIONER GORDIN is saying anything

Edited by Sweet Tooth

sure you can

He's not even one step above Abel, Frey, and Cain after the prologue.

Its hard to go wrong with him. Possible, but hard. You'd have to get him surrounded on purpose. Or you could just be reckless.

Also, when is having a silver lance so early not better than Iron stuff? It has like 90 hit anyways at WTD, and deals huge damage even against bosses.

Edited by Reinfleche