"Best Art" in FEH? (May 2023)

It's been about 2 and half years since I've last asked this question, and there have been loads of new heroes added to the game since then, as well as plenty of resplendent heroes. Obviously, this is a subjective question, so you can interpret it how you like; "best" and "favorite" are more or less synonymous here. If you're at all interested in what people have said in the past, here are links to Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 respectively.

As for my stance on the matter, Resplendent Brave Lucina is honestly the new peak of FEH art, and after that, anything Akira Egawa touches (Legendary Seliph, Resplendent Innes, Male Shez) is at the top of my rankings. To me, these are absolute master crafts of character art, and so beautifully drawn that it's almost set an absurdly high standard. Getting stuff like that for a silly little gacha game is insane.

So... who do you think has the "best" art in the game? What's your favorite?

I have lots of favorites! Unless I specify an alt, I’m referring to characters’ normal forms.

Overall best art:

Ashnard, Caineghis, Cornelia (Three Houses), Effie, Eldigan, Formotiis, Hardin (both), Hel, Iago, Jorge (Tellius),  Laevatein, Leanne, Marth (normal/Brave,) Medeus, Nyna, Sara, Shigure

Best art (alts:)

Fallen Berkut, Bride Caeda, Brave Camilla, Fallen Corrin (both), Fallen Dimitri, Bride Tharja, Ascended Laegjarn, Legendary Sigurd, Legendary Xander, Ryoma (normal/Legendary/Resplendent), Rearmed Robin, Resplendent Reinhardt,  Resplendent Brave Lucina, Resplendent Corrin (both), Witch Corrin (both), Adrift Corrin (both), Brave Lysithea, Minerva (Resplendent and Spring,) Harvest Male Robin, Spring Sharena

Some characters with excellent art that isn’t necessarily the overall best, but is also substantially better than their original art:

Bantu, Balthus (to be honest, almost the entire 3H cast,) Dwyer, Julian, Legault, Leif, Lena, Myrrh, Navarre, Panne, Reinhardt, Sheena

Character art that isn’t the best, but  is still great and captures the characters’ personalities perfectly:

Cynthia, Donnel, Elise, Felicia, Leo, Lethe, Lilith, Loki, Michalis, Harvest Niles, Thief Nina/Kagero, Owain, Thief Rickard, Ricken, Sakura

Lyn's art is usually always really solid. In my opinion, her best art is her Legendary art, with her Valentine art at second place, because Wada Sachiko draws her incredibly well. Lyn's weakest art is probably her Resplendent Brave art, but I don't think even that is really bad.

Speaking of Wada Sachiko, I'm a fan of most of her work in Heroes. She doesn't miss very often. Standard Marth, Elice, Brave Eliwood, Brave Seliph, Groom Pent and standard Pent, Valentine Titania, and more. Wada Sachiko is just a great artist for Heroes.

Some other art I'm a big fan of in Heroes is the art for Nyna, Ascended Tiki, Medeus, standard and Resplendent Saber, Valentia Est, standard and Legendary Sigurd, Legendary Seliph, Legendary and Bride Lilina, Guinivere, Galle, Young Rebecca, Ninja Heath, Fomortiis, standard and Legendary Micaiah, Ascended Elincia, Caineghis, and Resplendent Brave Lucina.

But of all the art in the game, Legendary Lyn is still my absolute favorite.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I kinda miss the days where there were so few units in the game that you could fit all their portraits on the front page of the wiki. 😛 Nowadays even looking at a complete list of heroes doesn't give the full picture because of the existence of Resplendent art. It's also pretty hard to separate out the bias for characters I know and like - for example I started scrolling down the list alphabetically and Aelfric is right there, is well drawn, and I have literally no idea who he is.

Regardless of everything though, the ones that come to me off the top my head are Valentine's Titania, Resplendent Lancina and Resplendent Sabre.

Scrolling through the list quickly, I made a shortlist of (in alphabetical order): Atlas, Valentian/Bridal Catria, OG Celica, Cervantes, CYL/Legendary Claude, Dorcas, Duessel, CYL Edelgard, Valentine's Effie, Elice, Summer Freyja, Ganglot, Garon, Hans, FE4 Hilda, Kamui, Kronya, Halloween L'Arachel, Letizia, Malice, Spring Michalis, OG Nailah, Summer Ogma, Legendary F Robin, FE8 Selena, Summer Tana, Tethys, Thea, Legendary Veronica, Vika, Spring Xander, Zeke.

Too lazy to boil down the shortlist any further. I was also too lazy to review the Resplendent art besides the ones I naturally remembered.

6 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

The Fallen Byleth we just got is surely a contender for best art in the game.

And it's by Hidari! I love how the dark energy coming off her isn't the typical purple we get with fallen heroes, but instead a nice minty green.