What would happen if Jugdral got "isekai'd" to Earth during the Cold War?

Nozomi Kasaki

Hi I am back again for another dumb question. And as you can see I am back in the NES and SNES forum again to ask for another Jugdral related question. Sorry, I just find FE4 and FE5 to be very fascinating to me due to their fascinating story and lore as well as their dark themes and interesting game mechanics, though admittedly the maps in Genealogy are very very very large for me.

However, I'm not here to talk about how I love Shouzou Kaga's Jugdral games. This is a very very silly question for me to ask, but what do you guys think would happen if Jugdral was suddenly "isekai'd" to our world, but during the days of the Cold War (1947 - 1991)?

Assuming that Jugdral's entire landmass somehow got transported to our world (Earth) along with its countries, and once the natives of Jugdral realized that they are in another world, how would the natives react to the fact that their entire continent just got transported to another world?

Also, I would assume that the countries of the Cold War Earth would notice the sudden presence of the Jugdral continent eventually. How would the encounter between the Cold War Nations of Earth and the nations of Jugdral would play out? What would either side think of each other? Basically, how would the nations of Jugdral react to the civilizations far advanced than their own? And how would the Cold War Nations, especially the USA and the USSR, react to Jugdral's magic and fantasy creatures like pegasi and wyverns? How would the sudden arrival of Jugdral's landmass affect the geopolitical tension between the United States and the Soviet Union in any way? Would any of the Jugdral nations pick a side in the Cold War or would all of them just simply stay neutral to the ongoing tensions of Earth's nations?

Sorry for asking such a question. I just really like FE4/5 and I am always intrigued with the history of the Cold War itself. And asking this question just satisfies my likeness for both topics even if they are unrelated to each other.

So uhh… yeah. What do you guys think would happen if Jugdral suddenly get transported to another world. Also, sorry for my terrible English.

Edited by Nozomi Kasaki

This could go... pretty much a lot of ways. Since there's a lot of factors involved.

When during Jugdral's events. When during Earth's. Where does Jugdral ends up. That sort of things must be defined first before trying to explore any given ramification.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This could go... pretty much a lot of ways. Since there's a lot of factors involved.

Honestly, I'm half-convinced that it'll be as one-sided as this

But it will be an fun idea, regardless.

Edited by Armchair General

11 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

But it will be an fun idea, regardless.

Well, just beyond having a battle happening, if it happens. But I mean in the aftermath of that.

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

When during Jugdral's events. When during Earth's. Where does Jugdral ends up. That sort of things must be defined first before trying to explore any given ramification.

Hmm... let's see. How about...

Variable A:
Gen 1 Jugdral
Took place on Earth shortly after the Korean War (1950 - 1953). Basically mid-50s to early 60s.
Is placed on the Pacific Ocean between the North American Continent and Asia.

Variable B:
Gen 2 Jugdral
Took place on Earth during the mid to late 70s
Is Placed on the Pacific Ocean between the North American Continent and Asia.

Variable C
Gen 1 Jugdral
Take place during right at the middle of the Vietnam War (1955-1975). Basically in the 60 to 70s.

Variable D
Gen 2 Jugdral
Take place during the 80s.

Variable E:
Gen 1 Jugdral
Took place on Earth shortly after the Korean War (1950 - 1953). Basically mid-50s to early 60s.
Is Placed on the middle of the Atlantic Ocean

Variable F:
Gen 2 Jugdral
Took place on Earth during the mid to late 70s

Variable G
Gen 1 Jugdral
Take place during right at the middle of the Vietnam War (1955-1975). Basically in the 60 to 70s.

Variable H
Gen 2 Jugdral
Take place during the 80s.

Variable I
During the Miracle of Darna
Take place on the early years of the Cold War (1947-1950)

Variable J
During the Miracle of Darna
Take place on the early years of the Cold War (1947-1950)

Edited by Nozomi Kasaki

Talk about being born in the wrong generation, when Ayra walks the earth and you're not alive to date her.

1960s counterculture movements inspire Jugdral citizens to Give Gold and items to anyone before marriage.

Pegasus Knights are the cornerstone of the US' 1973 Endangered Species Act. By the twenty first century pegasi are found all over and you can eat a Pegasus Burger with a clean conscience. Tbh they're a little gamey.

Loptyr Cult easily infiltrates the Televangelist industry. Somehow causes less damage overall?

Lachesis becomes one of the most popular, least understood feminist icons of her era. She gracefully left behind few words or recordings. A statue of her as a master knight stares down The Bull of Wall Street.

Fantasy epics take over Cinema four or five decades earlier than the double whammy of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Everything is shot in Verdane, making the film industry only slightly less seedy than in California. Now it's the biggest mega city on the continent.

Thracia's wyvern riders are gainfully employed by drug cartels to smuggle cocaine into the American south (wyverns don't get picked up on radar, too small, no emissions). CIA knows but turns a blind eye so that they can take reconnaissance photos and supply guns to revolutionaries for counter-communism. In 2017 we get a really fun movie about these escapades starring Tom Cruise who nearly kills himself trying to learn how to ride a wyvern.

As for the big question: Jugdral, Capitalist or Communist? It costs gold to restore health at a castle. I think the answer is abundantly clear.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

You know, imagine if it happened late 1990 / early 1991.

Because it means FE exists already. Cue the Japanese wondering if Shouzo Kaga isn't actually from Jugdral or got Isekai'ed and back.

37 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

As for the big question: Jugdral, Capitalist or Communist? It costs gold to restore health at a castle. I think the answer is abundantly clear.

It's actually at churches. And they don't overcharge you.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Yeah probably.

I mean, they are still organic creatures. They may have super tough scales, but that's probably designed to stave off other dragons or even any small animals that would try to gang up on them, they are not a defense against explosives and bullets.

The Jugdral magic could still pose some sort of effect though, but not enough to truly defend a nation at war.

9 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Pegasus Knights are the cornerstone of the US' 1973 Endangered Species Act. By the twenty first century pegasi are found all over and you can eat a Pegasus Burger with a clean conscience. Tbh they're a little gamey.

Lol! I would honestly pay to see and taste that kind of burger if it exists.

9 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Thracia's wyvern riders are gainfully employed by drug cartels to smuggle cocaine into the American south (wyverns don't get picked up on radar, too small, no emissions).

I don't know... While that may sound plausible, radars, even the ones during WW2 and the Cold War, are said to already detect flying organic creatures, even birds. Even if Cold War era radars are not as good as the ones we have today, I don't see what would stop those radars from detecting those wyvern riders. So I would say radars during the Cold War could still be able to detect wyverns. Also, those radars that you are talking about sound like passive radars, the type of radar that listens for emissions instead of emitting something and using that emission to detect something.

Edited by Nozomi Kasaki

8 hours ago, Nozomi Kasaki said:

I don't see what would stop those radars from detecting those wyvern riders. So I would say radars during the Cold War could still be able to detect wyverns. Also, those radars that you are talking about sound like passive radars, the type of radar that listens for emissions instead of emitting something and using that emission to detect something.

An pulse-Doppler radar should pick up something that's as larger as an flying car. Only snag is that you have to set it to track slow-moving objects

@Arvis4Prez

C'mon baby Arvis-Rockefeller 1964

On 7/27/2023 at 6:15 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Judgral is is filled to the brim with Wagner-esque names. I think their clear alignment is with Franco Spain.

Franco also liked churches so this kinda works in a weird way.

10 hours ago, Arvis4Prez said:

Arvis would beat both Lyndon B Johnson and Richard Nixon and so the US Government would become good (also would stop the Kennedy assassination)

Source: 

"Don't blame me, I voted for Manfroy!"

On 7/29/2023 at 9:03 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Judgral is is filled to the brim with Wagner-esque names. I think their clear alignment is with Franco Spain.

Franco also liked churches so this kinda works in a weird way.

Okay, nobody tell Franco about the Valkyrie Staff. In fact... nobody tell anybody about the Valkyrie Staff. It's more trouble than it's worth.

Real answer: if it materializes in US waters/land/airspace, then America panics, and the Soviets get nuked. If it shows up in Soviet territory, then the Americans get nuked. Best-case scenario, it gets dropped into international waters, and we don't all MAD ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 10:39 PM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Talk about being born in the wrong generation, when Ayra walks the earth and you're not alive to date her.

1960s counterculture movements inspire Jugdral citizens to Give Gold and items to anyone before marriage.

Loptyr Cult easily infiltrates the Televangelist industry. Somehow causes less damage overall?

Lachesis becomes one of the most popular, least understood feminist icons of her era. She gracefully left behind few words or recordings. A statue of her as a master knight stares down The Bull of Wall Street.

Fantasy epics take over Cinema four or five decades earlier than the double whammy of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Everything is shot in Verdane, making the film industry only slightly less seedy than in California. Now it's the biggest mega city on the continent.

Thracia's wyvern riders are gainfully employed by drug cartels to smuggle cocaine into the American south (wyverns don't get picked up on radar, too small, no emissions). CIA knows but turns a blind eye so that they can take reconnaissance photos and supply guns to revolutionaries for counter-communism. In 2017 we get a really fun movie about these escapades starring Tom Cruise who nearly kills himself trying to learn how to ride a wyvern.

Late to the party, but I love everything about this.

On 8/1/2023 at 5:05 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

"Don't blame me, I voted for Manfroy!"

Okay, nobody tell Franco about the Valkyrie Staff. In fact... nobody tell anybody about the Valkyrie Staff. It's more trouble than it's worth.

Real answer: if it materializes in US waters/land/airspace, then America panics, and the Soviets get nuked. If it shows up in Soviet territory, then the Americans get nuked. Best-case scenario, it gets dropped into international waters, and we don't all MAD ourselves.

And now you've ninja the one unique contribution I was going to add to this.

On 7/27/2023 at 11:15 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, imagine if it happened late 1990 / early 1991.

Because it means FE exists already. Cue the Japanese wondering if Shouzo Kaga isn't actually from Jugdral or got Isekai'ed and back.

Sure, Fire Emblem would exist, but Jugdral really has nothing to do with Fire Emblem. Even the thing we call the Fire Emblem in it doesn't use the same terminology (speaking of which, would these Earth Isakai Jugdralians speak Japanese???). In fact, I don't think Naga as an individual figure even existed in 1991 (only the divine dragon tribe confusingly named after her, and even then Jugdral's Naga would be more obviously connected to the actual mythological Naga). The only similarity between 1991 Fire Emblem and an Isakaied Jugdral would be similar magical abilities and an odd preference for using silver in weapons.

On 7/31/2023 at 6:44 PM, Arvis4Prez said:

Arvis would beat both Lyndon B Johnson and Richard Nixon and so the US Government would become good (also would stop the Kennedy assassination)

Source: 

Arvis would have to be charasmstic enough to have the US overturn the "no foreigners" rule.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Sure, Fire Emblem would exist, but Jugdral really has nothing to do with Fire Emblem. Even the thing we call the Fire Emblem in it doesn't use the same terminology (speaking of which, would these Earth Isakai Jugdralians speak Japanese???). In fact, I don't think Naga as an individual figure even existed in 1991 (only the divine dragon tribe confusingly named after her, and even then Jugdral's Naga would be more obviously connected to the actual mythological Naga). The only similarity between 1991 Fire Emblem and an Isakaied Jugdral would be similar magical abilities and an odd preference for using silver in weapons.

It's more similar than that. I would think the fact both Kaga's fictional Archanea and the oh-so-real Jugdral coincidentally having the same two types of flying mounts is bound to raise some eyebrows, at the least.

A tribe of Dragon shapeshifters calling themselves the Naga, and a different one using Salamander... and then Jugdrali speaks of dragon shapeshifters where two of them are also named Naga and Salamander? Another "coincidence" to hardly ignore.

And there would be more, no doubt.

Another thing to keep in mind, maybe the general populace only knew what the game told... but surely the staff at IS would be privy to more stuff. We know stuff like Mostyn's name were already thought up, even if they were not yet used in official media. So once word of Jugdral reaches Japan... maybe it is the IS staff who first get to wonder about Mr. Kaga, rather than the FE players...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's more similar than that. I would think the fact both Kaga's fictional Archanea and the oh-so-real Jugdral coincidentally having the same two types of flying mounts is bound to raise some eyebrows, at the least.

A tribe of Dragon shapeshifters calling themselves the Naga, and a different one using Salamander... and then Jugdrali speaks of dragon shapeshifters where two of them are also named Naga and Salamander? Another "coincidence" to hardly ignore.

And there would be more, no doubt.

Another thing to keep in mind, maybe the general populace only knew what the game told... but surely the staff at IS would be privy to more stuff. We know stuff like Mostyn's name were already thought up, even if they were not yet used in official media. So once word of Jugdral reaches Japan... maybe it is the IS staff who first get to wonder about Mr. Kaga, rather than the FE players...

Well I'd refer back to the fact that Naga and Salamander are real mythology things (well kind of sort of in Salamanders case). Also add to that that the people of Jugdral aren't even really aware that these things are dragons. It's not entirely unknown, but they'd be more likely to refer to them as gods with them being dragons as some kind of trivial unrelated detail. And them being human shape shifting dragons being an even further removed fact from the experience of an average Jugdral resident, as they don't view Naga and Salamander as shape shifting dragons, they view them as bone fide gods that took "a form you are comfortable with". The real world mythological allusions Kaga went with would be far more apparent in people's mind if Jugdral is divorced completely both from the Fire Emblem series specifically and the video game industry as a whole. People would probably connect it more with D&D rather than a single moderately successfully Japanese only franchise.

On the subject of those real world mythologies, if the Jugdral languages in any way resembled what we see in the games, then people would be utterly baffled by all the same names from our own Norse and Irish cultures popping up there.

Edited by Jotari

30 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well I'd refer back to the fact that Naga and Salamander are real mythology things (well kind of sort of in Salamanders case). Also add to that that the people of Jugdral aren't even really aware that these things are dragons. It's not entirely unknown, but they'd be more likely to refer to them as gods with them being dragons as some kind of trivial unrelated detail. And them being human shape shifting dragons being an even further removed fact from the experience of an average Jugdral resident, as they don't view Naga and Salamander as shape shifting dragons, they view them as bone fide gods that took "a form you are comfortable with". The real world mythological allusions Kaga went with would be far more apparent in people's mind if Jugdral is divorced completely both from the Fire Emblem series specifically and the video game industry as a whole. People would probably connect it more with D&D rather than a single moderately successfully Japanese only franchise.

For its worth, in the original game's script, even Mannu refers to Salamander as a god/guardiandeity, and not just as the name of his clan.

しゅごしん is the word used.

So it'd still check out as too similar to simply disregard as a coincidence.

Also, considering the Naga tome invokes the image of an actual dragon, I would think they might suspect the "gods", if not dragons, then also took the guise of them. 

FESK_Naga.png

There's a dragon right there, too. Dragon imagery is too common, even if the dragons themselves left.

30 minutes ago, Jotari said:

On the subject of those real world mythologies, if the Jugdral languages in any way resembled what we see in the games, then people would be utterly baffled by all the same names from our own Norse and Irish cultures popping up there.

Regardless, I would think this is certainly bound to be a real eye-catcher.

Subject of language is interesting. FE at this point has given enough evidence to suggest Archanea and Valentia spoke some kind of Greek/Latin hybrid, but Jugdral is still up in the air. Maybe for Jugdral is some Gaelic/Nordic hybrid instead...

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 11:07 AM, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

Godzilla Loptyr

I know that's sort of just Grima, but I'd love a game about trying to figure out how to stop a Godzilla Loptyr (aka a Fell Dragon or whatnot) the first time it appeared. No "we sealed it away for a thousand eyars before so we'll do it again" nonsense. This is the first time, and everything you throw at it, it'll throw back at you with more force.