Thinking about importing this so I don't have to wait.

I'm thinking about importing this so I don't have to wait ten years to get it. I have some questions, though.

1. Are there a lot of "ou"s in it, like color -> colour

2. Can I turn the battle animations off?

3. Is there a heavy emphasis on tiers/ good and bad units?

4. Are there ANY good characters that come from the Gaidens?

I'm thinking about importing this so I don't have to wait ten years to get it. I have some questions, though.

1. Are there a lot of "ou"s in it, like color -> colour

2. Can I turn the battle animations off?

4. Are there ANY good characters that come from the Gaidens?

1. Haven't found any, but then again I never really looked.

2. Yes, you can even skip the enemy's turn if you'd rather not see it.

3. Only in Merciless/H5 difficulty, which you probably won't play anyway since you won't even try Radiant Dawn's hard mode. Normal mode is piss easy.

4. The tier list should be able to answer that. My answer: going for the gaiden chapters JUST FOR THE CHARACTER is stupid.

Edited by Boo

4. Nagi.

Nagi is actually worse than Chiki. She can only grow five levels and that Chiki can actually grow more Speed than her. Also, by getting her you won't get the better character, Gato.

Ah just save yourself the trouble and don't get it. :rolleyes:

^ This.

It will get localised to your location anyways.

Nagi is actually worse than Chiki. She can only grow five levels and that Chiki can actually grow more Speed than her. Also, by getting her you won't get the better character, Gato.
The question wasn't "are the gaiden characters better than the standard cast?" The question was, "Are there ANY good characters that come from the Gaidens?"

Nagi is a good character. Does that not answer his question?

Also, I am pretty sure both Nagi and Gato are better than Chiki. The comparison to Chiki doesn't even matter that much since Chiki can exist along side either character, as well as the stronger Falchion.

Careful! Your units' stats will stay under 10 for a long time!
I'm pretty sure this is false unless your character is named Sheeda. Edited by FE3 Player

I would, personally. The box alone is something worth owning. It's holographic, like Metroid Prime: Hunters and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Plus the plastic is see-through as opposed to America's dull black. Plus you will have the game several months earlier than you normally would.

Plus the plastic is see-through as opposed to America's dull black.

And the box is thicker since the manual is longer (it also feels more sturdy and less cheap plastically). But the Spines the spiiinnnneeee...

IMG_0923.jpg

...The triangles (did you know there are 40-odd variations of it, the only purpose it serves is warehouse stock taking and distribution)...the text I find it amusing how there is no consistency to speak of...its trying to be basic font and text but some do all caps others lower case, others a different font and then some use the logo :( Still, I prefer it to the explosion in the paint factory look the US stock can have

The see through box is rarely utilised. The only game i've seen use it is Phoenix Wright 1 and that was just to remind people to register the game on Club Nintendo for a kick in the balls 250 stars now 200 stars as the stars system is teird based on price which is a shame as it should be used like DVDs and CDs with inner cover art but its Europe and the CAD department is busy trying to work out a boxart that easily works for Germany with thier USK logos that now take up 25% of the boxes surface area...as for shiney boxes...they have grey-ish spines rather than white.

This is a Fire Emblem with one the larest casts in it. It also has lots of trash units sadly*. You can probably get away with them on Normal mode but I wouldn't try it on any hard modes. Also class swap means you can adapt parts of your army without having to use certain units Need to make chokepoints but don't want to use Wolf? Just make Ogma into an Knight.

*-Balanced cast (read: everyone has a shot at high stats) is something recent for Fire Emblem and someone is going to bite my head off for that.

*-Balanced cast (read: everyone has a shot at high stats) is something recent for Fire Emblem and someone is going to bite my head off for that.
Give mid-late game pre-promotes better base stats, nerf Zagaro & Wolf's defense growths, give better base stats that better reflect Matthis and Roshea's growths and join time, and then FEDS would be much more balanced. Edited by FE3 Player

If you would not buy a Fire Emblem game because it used the English/British "ou"...then I think you might be in the wrong place....seriously.

Yes, I would not.

^ This.

It will get localised to your location anyways.

Are those dragons, like Myrrh?

Careful! Your units' stats will stay under 10 for a long time!

Snap!

I would, personally. The box alone is something worth owning. It's holographic, like Metroid Prime: Hunters and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Plus the plastic is see-through as opposed to America's dull black. Plus you will have the game several months earlier than you normally would.

Is transparent!? Snap!

And the box is thicker since the manual is longer (it also feels more sturdy and less cheap plastically). But the Spines the spiiinnnneeee...

IMG_0923.jpg

...The triangles (did you know there are 40-odd variations of it, the only purpose it serves is warehouse stock taking and distribution)...the text I find it amusing how there is no consistency to speak of...its trying to be basic font and text but some do all caps others lower case, others a different font and then some use the logo :( Still, I prefer it to the explosion in the paint factory look the US stock can have

The see through box is rarely utilised. The only game i've seen use it is Phoenix Wright 1 and that was just to remind people to register the game on Club Nintendo for a kick in the balls 250 stars now 200 stars as the stars system is teird based on price which is a shame as it should be used like DVDs and CDs with inner cover art but its Europe and the CAD department is busy trying to work out a boxart that easily works for Germany with thier USK logos that now take up 25% of the boxes surface area...as for shiney boxes...they have grey-ish spines rather than white.

This is a Fire Emblem with one the larest casts in it. It also has lots of trash units sadly*. You can probably get away with them on Normal mode but I wouldn't try it on any hard modes. Also class swap means you can adapt parts of your army without having to use certain units Need to make chokepoints but don't want to use Wolf? Just make Ogma into an Knight.

1. Jeepus, british DS boxes are a LOT more boring than USA ones :o

They don't even have anything on the side! :o

2. Are the trash units ugly? Where can I see pictures of all the units?

2. Are the trash units ugly? Where can I see pictures of all the units?
The crappy pre-promote lineup actually has some incredibly handsome/attractive/cool looking people, some moreso than some of the best units, actually. George, Astoria, Samson, Minerva, Midia, Etzel... Edited by FE3 Player

The crappy pre-promote lineup actually has some incredibly handsome/attractive/cool looking people, some moreso than some of the best units, actually. George, Astoria, Samson, Minerva, Midia, Etzel...

I'll use them >8U

Except for George and Samson. Those are ugly names.

http://serenesforest.net/fe11/char_1.html

Worrying about the "Trash units being ugly" is pointless...

It's not pointless. You see, I think in a VERY strange way. For some reason, I play for fun and only use the units that I like. So, no matter how bad the character, I'll at least try to use 'em if I like 'em. Except for, say, Meg, because she's crap either way.

Okay, here's a list of charaters I'm going to use:

Shiida (Is she bad?)

Holy shit Matthis is fugly.

Catria

Would've liked Samson if his name wasn't Samson

Xane!

Est?

Elice

Uh, you know what? Every character is so damn ugly, I don't think I'll get this game. Everything's gonna be a Shiida solo.

Okay, here's a list of charaters I'm going to use:

Shiida (Is she bad?)

Holy shit Matthis is fugly.

Catria

Would've liked Samson if his name wasn't Samson

Xane!

Est?

Elice

Uh, you know what? Every character is so damn ugly, I don't think I'll get this game. Everything's gonna be a Shiida solo.

1) Play the dam game and find out for yourself if she is bad. T_T

2)You must be prince charming :rolleyes:

It's not pointless. You see, I think in a VERY strange way. For some reason, I play for fun and only use the units that I like. So, no matter how bad the character, I'll at least try to use 'em if I like 'em. Except for, say, Meg, because she's crap either way.

In general: Never play H5 mode. EVER. If you're not going to use the best units because they're "ugly", then you shouldn't ever try it.

Bold: You can play for fun and still use characters that don't suck, you know. Being stubborn is stupid.

Underline: Meg is actually pretty good, stat-wise.

Also, Sheeda's pretty bad.

Edited by Itsuki Koizumi

1) Play the dam game and find out for yourself if she is bad. T_T

2)You must be prince charming :rolleyes:

No, I'm ugly (my face, anyway), but I at least acknowledge the fact. Then again I probably don't look that bad; I just have low self esteem.

But I'm serious. Everyone is so ugly, I'll probably just do Shiida solos all the time.

But someday I might get over the art style and do some DUOS.

Shiida is a Jeigan on H5. Her Strength growth is pretty horrible, but her Wing Spear and high speed makes her incredibly useful early game.

If you're serious about using her the whole game, be prepared to forge weapons often.

But someday I might get over the art style and do some DUOS.
Ah, you'll finally move on from Shiida solos to Marth & Shiida honeymoons... Edited by FE3 Player