I make for myself a challenger to play all Fire Emblem games one by one.

1 hour ago, fhc said:

Something that annoys me is the fact that they reuse the same portrait of enemies several times, I hate Chagall boss from Chapter 2 and 3 and now in  Chapter 8 Muhammad they use exactly the same portrait... Also have That guy with closed eyes his portraits is exactly the same already see in 5 bosses... I think it would make more sense to use a generic portrait with a shadow hiding the face... Do not you think?

Ah, yeah, this happens a lot on the older games, on the GBA games they also reuse a lot of recolored portraits for minor bosses, for some reason though it bothered me a lot more in FE4 (I think that it's because, as far as I remember, on the GBA games, the only people that get reused portraits are VERY minor and storyless bosses, so people like Chagall, Ishtor, Aida and maybe even Liza or Pamela and Díthorba would very likely not be victims of this there), but I don't agree about trading the recolored sprites for a generic sprite that hides the face, surely it'd be better if they had at least avoided reusing sprites for (even mininally) somewhat important characters but I still rather that they didn't do it than having faceless portraits for bosses (If it's random soldiers in cutscenes like in GBA then whatever, but not bosses!).

I mean, they sorta made a "faceless" boss portrait with the guys from the Loptyr cult, and I gotta admit as much (as I know that it probably wasn't possible to make different sprites for them all) I didn't like it all that much, the first time that we saw the sprite being reused I thought that Sandima had gone back to life somehow.

@Shanty Pete's 1st Mate (I'm quoting on this strange way because it's the only way to quote on edits):

I would expect a remake to give all the "duplicates" unique portraits instead.

Lol me too, imagine reusing the sprites of characters like Chagall, Aida, Ishtor, Díthorba, Pamela or queen Lahna. Some of these characters even have concept/official arts.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In chapter 9 I guess is IMPOSSIBLE to recruit Hannibal, I am long 5 HOURS trying reloading a save but it is impossible, first I need to rescue his son, yes, I can do it, but, during this moment is always the moment where Leif talk to his Dragon raider sister and then Hannibal begin to attack and he attack my character and my character always kill Hannibal ! In all others Fire Emblem game I always saved and recruited everybody without anyone dying, but, this time is just impossible.

Just now, fhc said:

It never crossed my mind, I have that "sleep sword" but I almost never use it, I'm going to try it. Thank you very much

No problem.

Do you have the Sleep Staff? Since that one will be a better deal. If I recall, the formula for inflicting Sleep with the sword is "30% - Enemy Res". Hannibal as 6, so that's a 24%. The Staff only needs "Unit Mag > Enemy Res" for guarantee hit.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No problem.

Do you have the Sleep Staff? Since that one will be a better deal. If I recall, the formula for inflicting Sleep with the sword is "30% - Enemy Res". Hannibal as 6, so that's a 24%. The Staff only needs "Unit Mag > Enemy Res" for guarantee hit.

Unfortunately I do not have Sleep Staff, I have only Sleep Sword.

1 hour ago, fhc said:

In chapter 9 I guess is IMPOSSIBLE to recruit Hannibal, I am long 5 HOURS trying reloading a save but it is impossible, first I need to rescue his son, yes, I can do it, but, during this moment is always the moment where Leif talk to his Dragon raider sister and then Hannibal begin to attack and he attack my character and my character always kill Hannibal ! In all others Fire Emblem game I always saved and recruited everybody without anyone dying, but, this time is just impossible.

So, a couple suggestions:

I recommend giving Seliph the Leg Ring for this stretch. That helps him reach the next castle, and recruit Hannibal's adoptive son, more quickly. Your flier can also help with this, as they can move relatively freely.

Also, if most or all of Hannibal's allied troops are dead, he will return to Castle Kapathogia to get more troops. This can help buy extra time, without needing to engage Hannibal directly. But if he makes it back to the castle, take caution - his troops will come out the next turn, and your units can get swarmed, if you're not careful.

Good luck!

Just now, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

So, a couple suggestions:

I recommend giving Seliph the Leg Ring for this stretch. That helps him reach the next castle, and recruit Hannibal's adoptive son, more quickly. Your flier can also help with this, as they can move relatively freely.

Also, if most or all of Hannibal's allied troops are dead, he will return to Castle Kapathogia to get more troops. This can help buy extra time, without needing to engage Hannibal directly. But if he makes it back to the castle, take caution - his troops will come out the next turn, and your units can get swarmed, if you're not careful.

Good luck!

From my understanding, you can keep them in the castle by blocking the entrance. They'll come out, then immediately go back in. So that's another way to keep Hannibal from killing himself against you. You'd just let him out once ready.

13 hours ago, fhc said:

Something that annoys me is the fact that they reuse the same portrait of enemies several times, I hate Chagall boss from Chapter 2 and 3 and now in  Chapter 8 Muhammad they use exactly the same portrait... Also have That guy with closed eyes his portraits is exactly the same already see in 5 bosses... I think it would make more sense to use a generic portrait with a shadow hiding the face... Do not you think?

Funnily, one of the most reused portraits in Genealogy of the Holy War is a lot bishop with a shadow hiding his face.

On 8/20/2023 at 5:40 AM, Jotari said:

Funnily, one of the most reused portraits in Genealogy of the Holy War is a lot bishop with a shadow hiding his face.

Finished Fire Emblem 4, All allies alive, no one died, now I will start to play Fire Emblem 5. I really liked Fire Emblem 4, I even wanted to play again to try to make others couples and create others children, I will try to do it someday in the future.

Fire Emblem - Seisen no Keifu (Naga - Beta 7)-230821-153835.png

Edited by fhc

2 hours ago, fhc said:

Finished Fire Emblem 4, All allies alive, no one died, now I will start to play Fire Emblem 5. I really liked Fire Emblem 4, I even wanted to play again to try to make others couples and create others children, I will try to do it someday in the future.

If you thought Hannibal was difficult to recruit, wait until you get to Xavier's chapter! Thracia is not a merciful game XD I hope you continue to post your blind playthrough of the series in order.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

If you thought Hannibal was difficult to recruit, wait until you get to Xavier's chapter! Thracia is not a merciful game XD I hope you continue to post your blind playthrough of the series in order.

What is going on ? I finished chapter 3 in Fire Emblem 5, I did my utmost to level up my characters, captured enemies to get item, and now I started the chapter 4 without any item and with a all different group of allies... It will be like this all the time ? every 2 or 3 chapters I will lose my old team, and get a new team and start over everything ? Where is that cute priest Safy ? The only character I know is this dirty little thief Lifis and I hate him. I also liked Dagdar a lot, he looks like my dad. I want him back on my team. Is Dagdar gone forever?

Edited by fhc

31 minutes ago, fhc said:

What is going on ? I finished chapter 3 in Fire Emblem 5, I did my utmost to level up my characters, captured enemies to get item, and now I started the chapter 4 without any item and with a all different group of allies...

Leif has been captured, and all the gear that was previously on him and Lifis is now randomly scattered among the chest on the map (with a few other items representing the equipment of some of the other captives).

33 minutes ago, fhc said:

It will be like this all the time ? every 2 or 3 chapters I will lose my old team, and get a new team and start over everything ?

Naw, this is a more unique situation, nothing quite like this will happen again. Really that new army every few chapters is more of Radiant Dawn's shtick...

34 minutes ago, fhc said:

Where is that cute priest Safy ? The only character I know is this dirty little thief Lifis and I hate him. I also liked Dagdar a lot, he looks like my dad. I want him back on my team. Is Dagdar gone forever?

Don't worry they will all rejoin you eventually. I will note that Dagdar's return is tied to a somewhat difficult to get chapter 8x, unless Tanya died before this point, in which case he rejoins automatically after chapter 8.

8 hours ago, fhc said:

Congratulations on beating the game! Yeah, part of the fun is trying new pairings. Or, seeing what happens if units don't get paired up, or happen to die beforehand...

51 minutes ago, fhc said:

What is going on ? I finished chapter 3 in Fire Emblem 5, I did my utmost to level up my characters, captured enemies to get item, and now I started the chapter 4 without any item and with a all different group of allies... It will be like this all the time ? every 2 or 3 chapters I will lose my old team, and get a new team and start over everything ? Where is that cute priest Safy ? The only character I know is this dirty little thief Lifis and I hate him. I also liked Dagdar a lot, he looks like my dad. I want him back on my team. Is Dagdar gone forever?

That's Thracia 776, baby! In all seriousness, that particular "jumpscare" is pretty unique within the game. There are opportunities to get back all of the allies you've lost - even if some of them are hard to figure out. A gameplay guide could help on this front, although I understand not wanting to get spoiled, too.

I played all Fire emblem from FE1 to FE4 without using save states, but, this time I am truly forced to use save states, I am always like to keep all my allies alive the whole game but I guess this game is IMPOSSIBLE to keep everybody alive, specially inside that prison... Sometimes my character is full HP 100% and suddenly one of the prison soldiers kill him with 2 hits while avoiding all my character hits... This game is so randomly, looks like LUCK is the most important thing in this game... and enemies reinforcements not stop, all the time the screen is with 4 enemies... From now on I will use save states to progress the game... I played without using save state to be able to unlock the achievements in retroachievements hardcore mode, but I already noticed that the achievements of this game are buggy, if you load a suspended game all the achievements of that map are disabled, and it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to play for hours a map without suspending a game, for example I released all the children in chapter 3 and the achievement was not unlocked because I loaded a suspended game... And now it's almost 1AM  and I still can't finish theprison map, I need to sleep, I need to work tomorrow, I spend all my weekend playing Fire EMblem non stop, and if I suspend the game, the achievements will be deactivated... Then I give up on the achievements and I will play the game with save states, it will probably be even more fun... You guys play Fire Emblem 4 without saving states and manage to save the life of all allies ?

9 hours ago, fhc said:

They all come back after just a few chapters, with the exception of Eyvel. You can still save her, but it's very, very later in the game when she's no longer useful as a unit.

8 hours ago, fhc said:

I played all Fire emblem from FE1 to FE4 without using save states, but, this time I am truly forced to use save states, I am always like to keep all my allies alive the whole game but I guess this game is IMPOSSIBLE to keep everybody alive, specially inside that prison... Sometimes my character is full HP 100% and suddenly one of the prison soldiers kill him with 2 hits while avoiding all my character hits... This game is so randomly, looks like LUCK is the most important thing in this game... and enemies reinforcements not stop, all the time the screen is with 4 enemies... From now on I will use save states to progress the game... I played without using save state to be able to unlock the achievements in retroachievements hardcore mode, but I already noticed that the achievements of this game are buggy, if you load a suspended game all the achievements of that map are disabled, and it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to play for hours a map without suspending a game, for example I released all the children in chapter 3 and the achievement was not unlocked because I loaded a suspended game... And now it's almost 1AM  and I still can't finish theprison map, I need to sleep, I need to work tomorrow, I spend all my weekend playing Fire EMblem non stop, and if I suspend the game, the achievements will be deactivated... Then I give up on the achievements and I will play the game with save states, it will probably be even more fun... You guys play Fire Emblem 4 without saving states and manage to save the life of all allies ?

No shame in using save states in a blind run of Thracia. Play in a way that let's you enjoy it. Thraica has a reputation for being the most cruel Fire Emblem game with many traps and tricks that do unfair things to the player. Some people really love that the game is difficult like that, but it's understandable for a lot of people to be turned off by it. As a new player, you might also want to use save states for Binding Blade too, the next game. But after that, the games should be very managable without save states if you're not playing the harder difficulties.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

They all come back after just a few chapters, with the exception of Eyvel. You can still save her, but it's very, very later in the game when she's no longer useful as a unit.

No shame in using save states in a blind run of Thracia. Play in a way that let's you enjoy it. Thraica has a reputation for being the most cruel Fire Emblem game with many traps and tricks that do unfair things to the player. Some people really love that the game is difficult like that, but it's understandable for a lot of people to be turned off by it. As a new player, you might also want to use save states for Binding Blade too, the next game. But after that, the games should be very managable without save states if you're not playing the harder difficulties.

Thank you very much for your words, I was feeling like a loser, a incompetent loser for using save states, but it was UNBEARABLE to play without save states. The game in general seems that it was created to create unfavorable situations for the player all the time, and relying on luck all the time is frustrating. The maps are long, with many enemies to defeat and if even one character dies I feel defeated and have to start all over again... It wasn't fun...

But the feeling of incompetence and defeat for using save states is still strong in my heart... I think I'll start all over again and this time focus on increasing Lief's level, maybe a super powerful Lief will defeat the prison guards. ..

Edited by fhc

48 minutes ago, fhc said:

Thank you very much for your words, I was feeling like a loser, a incompetent loser for using save states, but it was UNBEARABLE to play without save states. The game in general seems that it was created to create unfavorable situations for the player all the time, and relying on luck all the time is frustrating. The maps are long, with many enemies to defeat and if even one character dies I feel defeated and have to start all over again... It wasn't fun...

But the feeling of incompetence and defeat for using save states is still strong in my heart... I think I'll start all over again and this time focus on increasing Lief's level, maybe a super powerful Lief will defeat the prison guards. ..

Actually increasing levels early isn't always a smart idea in Thracia 776. As it has items similar to the Star Sphere Shards in Mystery of the Emblem that increase growth rates. Therefore it is recommended to hold several of these items before leveling weaker units so their stats are increased. Over all though, killing enemies isn't too difficult in Thracia once the game gets going. The biggest issue is usually enemy staff users and ballista. Staffs are very important in Thracia. Any character with a staff rank should be trained. You also can't hoard items. Use everything when you need to, don't save things for later. As the capture mechanic means it's often better to use resources to get resources. Not a lot of this applies to the prison chapter. Though, from what I recall in that chapter, all the enemies carry a Vulnerary with them. Unlike other games, Vulnerary restores full HP. Try to capture/steal and collect more of them to heal if you're having trouble with the prison chapter.

Also, very important because the game isn't clear with this. In escape chapters, you need to escape with Leif last. The chapter ends when Leif escapes. If any of your characters are left on the chapter before that, then they will be lost as if they were captured by the enemy. There is a late game chapter where you can get them back, but you still don't want to lose any of your units that way.

18 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Actually increasing levels early isn't always a smart idea in Thracia 776. As it has items similar to the Star Sphere Shards in Mystery of the Emblem that increase growth rates. Therefore it is recommended to hold several of these items before leveling weaker units so their stats are increased. Over all though, killing enemies isn't too difficult in Thracia once the game gets going. The biggest issue is usually enemy staff users and ballista. Staffs are very important in Thracia. Any character with a staff rank should be trained. You also can't hoard items. Use everything when you need to, don't save things for later. As the capture mechanic means it's often better to use resources to get resources. Not a lot of this applies to the prison chapter. Though, from what I recall in that chapter, all the enemies carry a Vulnerary with them. Unlike other games, Vulnerary restores full HP. Try to capture/steal and collect more of them to heal if you're having trouble with the prison chapter.

Also, very important because the game isn't clear with this. In escape chapters, you need to escape with Leif last. The chapter ends when Leif escapes. If any of your characters are left on the chapter before that, then they will be lost as if they were captured by the enemy. There is a late game chapter where you can get them back, but you still don't want to lose any of your units that way.

Ok... I will stop increase level of Lief on chapter 1... I was doing now "Boss Abuse" with Lief in Chapter 1, I will stop then and progress the game...

36 minutes ago, fhc said:

I played all Fire emblem from FE1 to FE4 without using save states, but, this time I am truly forced to use save states, I am always like to keep all my allies alive the whole game but I guess this game is IMPOSSIBLE to keep everybody alive, specially inside that prison...

Much as I love Thracia, it is a game I describe as aggressively unfriendly to blind player. Once you learn to think like Thracia it is doable, and to help I think I will share a few tricks first in general, and then more specific to beating this map without death.

One trick to learn is to rescue-drop, which I will explain with an example. Lets say Lara opens a door in range of an enemy, you can have another unit then rescue her, and then use a third unit to take Lara off of the person who rescued her, and then drop her into a safer position all on the same turn, that way she is in a safer position, nobody has to keep the rescue stat penalty (it halves your stats) on enemy phase, and Lara is able to move next turn. A few things to note here, first anyone rescuing or taking a unit to drop have to have higher bld (or are they using con in the translation now), also when a unit is mounted they act like they have the maximum bld/con of 20, also mounted units can move after rescuing, or taking a rescued unit from an ally. I also want to emphasize that you can use this technique to simply move the unit you are rescue-dropping closer to where you want them to go, and it is a very useful technique with the way mounted units can move after the rescue/take commands, and important to higher level play in the next 5ish games.

Another trick is capture bait, which I will again explain with an example. Lets say Lara is in a position where an enemy can kill her, you could then have another unit trade all of her items away from her, as when a unit has no weapons, enemies can capture them without combat, so this will bait the enemy into capturing her instead of trying to kill her, which takes their whole turn and leaves them with a debuff that halves their stats making them much easier to kill on player phase to free Lara. This does come with some dangers, first enemies need more bld/con to be able to capture your units (again note that being mounted acts like they have the maximum bld/con of 20), they can also only capture your unit from 1 range, if the unit that was captured has anything in their inventory (with the exception of some unique items like the crusader scrolls and personal weapons/staff) it will go immediately to the inventory of the enemy that captured them (so the only way to get the items back is to capture the enemy back, or steal them back if you can), also if you can't kill the captor next turn it will start heading towards an exit point, and if it successfully leaves the map you wont see that ally again until being rescued in chapter 21x. I will note this is also generally a useful technique for weakening, or simply preventing really dangerous or powerful mobile enemies from attacking for a turn.

Another little trick is trade chains, and again I will explain with an example. Lets say you only have one Lockpick, but access to both Lara and Lifis, you can have Lara open the door to a treasure room with the lockpick, then you can use another unit to trade the Lockpick off Lara closer to the chest you want to open, and move the Lockpick closer to the chest you want to open with each trade, until you can move Lifis onto the chest, and trade with someone already holding the lockpick adjacent to the chest you wanted to open, so he can use it to open the chest. Trading also has the ability to change what weapon a unit has equipped after they move, by trading the weapon you want to be equipped to the top of that units items list. I will also note that Trading is particularly power in Thracia, as you can trade as much as you want with each adjacent unit, letting you move equipment a lot more than in later games.

Now for some more map specific advice, first don't worry about keeping the green brigands alive, their axes are just there to distract the enemy.

40 minutes ago, fhc said:

This game is so randomly, looks like LUCK is the most important thing in this game... and enemies reinforcements not stop, all the time the screen is with 4 enemies...

The reinforcements do stop...after turn 60. Each of the spawn points has a random chance of a reinforcement spawning from it when it is active, but you can just put a unit on the four spawn points until turn 60 (actually, I think the the spawn points to the sides end earlier, like around turn 30ish), to prevent them from appearing. This is a tedious strat, but it does make it much more reliable to keep everyone alive. Even if you don't plan on blocking them for the full 60 turns, blocking off the spawn points near where the green civilians escape makes that side object much easier to manage.

There is also a slow, but safe way of dealing with the locked room full of troops near the exit if you waited out the reinforcements. After opening the door you rescue drop the opening thief back to safety, and then pull back on future turns, and going around the square in the center with all your units. After you go around that square in the center, the path to exit should be clear with all the enemies having followed you around, and are thus now behind you. Recruiting Dalshin with this strat is the only really tricky bit of it.

Also do be warned, anyone that doesn't escape the map before Lief escapes to end the map will be captured, and not seen again until chapter 21x.

Lastly, some advice for when you play this game again, this map tends to be a bit easier if you have less items on Lief and Lifis, as that means there are less chests to open around the map, so only bring the items you think you most need for this section of the game.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Much as I love Thracia, it is a game I describe as aggressively unfriendly to blind player. Once you learn to think like Thracia it is doable, and to help I think I will share a few tricks first in general, and then more specific to beating this map without death.

One trick to learn is to rescue-drop, which I will explain with an example. Lets say Lara opens a door in range of an enemy, you can have another unit then rescue her, and then use a third unit to take Lara off of the person who rescued her, and then drop her into a safer position all on the same turn, that way she is in a safer position, nobody has to keep the rescue stat penalty (it halves your stats) on enemy phase, and Lara is able to move next turn. A few things to note here, first anyone rescuing or taking a unit to drop have to have higher bld (or are they using con in the translation now), also when a unit is mounted they act like they have the maximum bld/con of 20, also mounted units can move after rescuing, or taking a rescued unit from an ally. I also want to emphasize that you can use this technique to simply move the unit you are rescue-dropping closer to where you want them to go, and it is a very useful technique with the way mounted units can move after the rescue/take commands, and important to higher level play in the next 5ish games.

Another trick is capture bait, which I will again explain with an example. Lets say Lara is in a position where an enemy can kill her, you could then have another unit trade all of her items away from her, as when a unit has no weapons, enemies can capture them without combat, so this will bait the enemy into capturing her instead of trying to kill her, which takes their whole turn and leaves them with a debuff that halves their stats making them much easier to kill on player phase to free Lara. This does come with some dangers, first enemies need more bld/con to be able to capture your units (again note that being mounted acts like they have the maximum bld/con of 20), they can also only capture your unit from 1 range, if the unit that was captured has anything in their inventory (with the exception of some unique items like the crusader scrolls and personal weapons/staff) it will go immediately to the inventory of the enemy that captured them (so the only way to get the items back is to capture the enemy back, or steal them back if you can), also if you can't kill the captor next turn it will start heading towards an exit point, and if it successfully leaves the map you wont see that ally again until being rescued in chapter 21x. I will note this is also generally a useful technique for weakening, or simply preventing really dangerous or powerful mobile enemies from attacking for a turn.

Another little trick is trade chains, and again I will explain with an example. Lets say you only have one Lockpick, but access to both Lara and Lifis, you can have Lara open the door to a treasure room with the lockpick, then you can use another unit to trade the Lockpick off Lara closer to the chest you want to open, and move the Lockpick closer to the chest you want to open with each trade, until you can move Lifis onto the chest, and trade with someone already holding the lockpick adjacent to the chest you wanted to open, so he can use it to open the chest. Trading also has the ability to change what weapon a unit has equipped after they move, by trading the weapon you want to be equipped to the top of that units items list. I will also note that Trading is particularly power in Thracia, as you can trade as much as you want with each adjacent unit, letting you move equipment a lot more than in later games.

Now for some more map specific advice, first don't worry about keeping the green brigands alive, their axes are just there to distract the enemy.

The reinforcements do stop...after turn 60. Each of the spawn points has a random chance of a reinforcement spawning from it when it is active, but you can just put a unit on the four spawn points until turn 60 (actually, I think the the spawn points to the sides end earlier, like around turn 30ish), to prevent them from appearing. This is a tedious strat, but it does make it much more reliable to keep everyone alive. Even if you don't plan on blocking them for the full 60 turns, blocking off the spawn points near where the green civilians escape makes that side object much easier to manage.

There is also a slow, but safe way of dealing with the locked room full of troops near the exit if you waited out the reinforcements. After opening the door you rescue drop the opening thief back to safety, and then pull back on future turns, and going around the square in the center with all your units. After you go around that square in the center, the path to exit should be clear with all the enemies having followed you around, and are thus now behind you. Recruiting Dalshin with this strat is the only really tricky bit of it.

Also do be warned, anyone that doesn't escape the map before Lief escapes to end the map will be captured, and not seen again until chapter 21x.

Lastly, some advice for when you play this game again, this map tends to be a bit easier if you have less items on Lief and Lifis, as that means there are less chests to open around the map, so only bring the items you think you most need for this section of the game.

Thank you very much, Eltosian Kadath, You are a true Fire Emblem master. Too bad I already deleted my save and I will be forced to play all game around until I get the prison again. But when I reach the prison again I will do all the tips that you show to me, thank you very much, for sure now I will defeat the prison easy. That "rescue" option I never used !

Also who wants to follow my progress in retoachevements, my name on retroachievements is FabioManoel1977  (link) I rested my progress on Fire Emblem 5 to try to get tha hardcore achievements again without load suspended game since if disable achievements and I just noticed it when I get on Prison. Like you can see I already finished Fe1. FE2, FE3 and FE4, of course I do not try to complete all achievements, some achievements are so boring that not deserve my effort... But I get all achievements to finish the game without any ally death. I never finished a game with a ally death. Too bad not all Fire Emblem games have retroachevements, just some few, but I will play them all.

Edited by fhc

Do you believe that imbecile of Shannan jumped at my character in chapter 16B and died and then when I loaded the save to play again he is gone ? He is not present in the chapter 16B, he is gone forever, now is impossible for me to recruit him and get the achievement of "Recruit all 47 characters and complete the game without any of them dying."

That is SO UNFAIR, I am doing my best trying to recruit and keep alive every damned character and now it happens.

11 hours ago, fhc said:

Do you believe that imbecile of Shannan jumped at my character in chapter 16B and died and then when I loaded the save to play again he is gone ? He is not present in the chapter 16B, he is gone forever, now is impossible for me to recruit him and get the achievement of "Recruit all 47 characters and complete the game without any of them dying."

That is SO UNFAIR, I am doing my best trying to recruit and keep alive every damned character and now it happens.

What are you using to play the game? You seem to be having a lot of problems with things acting weird when resetting.

Also 47 characters isn't all the characters. But it probably is all the ones that can be recruited in one playthrough. Thracia 776 has some route exclusive characters and some characters you can only recruit if other characters are dead. Shannam is probably the weakest character in the game, but he does have the Bargain skill which still makes him useful. He's not a major loss. When you read Xavier's recruitment conditions you might be glad you've already failed that challenge.

Edited by Jotari

I am using retroarch, I guess retoachievements only works on retroarch... If I reload a save from chapter 15 I can save Shannan or even If I load the chapter 15 save he will be missing ? I do not want to play chapter 15 again and notice that even doing it the Shannan still missing... Also I LIKE Shannan, I played Genealogy of the Holy War till the end, I know his story... If I cannot recover Shannan I guess I will gave up to play this game. This is so unfair. I tried more than 30 times recruit him, but , Homer always dies before talking to Shannan, now Shannan dies and the game take away from me even the opportunity to try again. I'm patient, I would try more than 100 times if I had to, but now I can't even try anymore. I'm so patient that I maxed out Lara and Lifis' level 20 rogue

Edited by fhc

50 minutes ago, fhc said:

I am using retroarch, I guess retoachievements only works on retroarch... If I reload a save from chapter 15 I can save Shannan or even If I load the chapter 15 save he will be missing ? I do not want to play chapter 15 again and notice that even doing it the Shannan still missing... Also I LIKE Shannan, I played Genealogy of the Holy War till the end, I know his story... If I cannot recover Shannan I guess I will gave up to play this game. This is so unfair. I tried more than 30 times recruit him, but , Homer always dies before talking to Shannan, now Shannan dies and the game take away from me even the opportunity to try again. I'm patient, I would try more than 100 times if I had to, but now I can't even try anymore. I'm so patient that I maxed out Lara and Lifis' level 20 rogue

I don't know what translation you're using, but the playable character in Thracia 776 is not the same as the one in Genealogy of the Holy War. In Thracia 776 he is an imposter pretending to be Shannan (yes, it is very stupid to pretend to be a wanted rebel leader, he seems to do it mostly to pick up girls). That's why he acts so different and doesn't have the Astra skill. Although he can accidentally teach it to Mareeta.

Though the Fake Shannan actually does appear in Genealogy of the Holy War if you visit a certain village with a specific character in Chapter 9.

Edited by Jotari